Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Question DHEA Mg Per Serving?

I'm sorry for posting on something that already has so many threads, but I'm not getting a solid answer on my own so I'm asking for opinions. I'm thinking about adding some DHEA supplements to what I've already been doing and I'm trying to come up with the right daily Mg I should be taking.

I think that at my age, I'm 37, around 25 to 50 mg should be plenty but I'm really not sure. I see single dosages up to 200mg per serving.

My first question is can I take too much, and is that bad?

Second question is can I take a larger amount every other day, or is taking a smaller amount everyday the better method.

Third question is has anyone had a bad experience with taking DHEA?

Anyway, I would appreciate any comments or advice and thanks for your time.
    Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!

OV35 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=388841&page=90

xccellence.com, theironden.com

Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    200 mg is WAY too much!

Yes, you can take to much and really screw up a hormonal axis or two. The recommended dose is 25-50mg per day. Start with 25mg and increase to 50mg if you have no negative side effects, but no postive effects either. DHEA is iffy and quirky in that it's a precursor to both testosterone and estrogen in both men and women, and there is no knowing which way it will convert.

A better option is 7-Keto DHEA. It is a metabolite of DHEA that does all the good work of DHEA without the nasty potential side effects.
    "Go home, have a beer and smash something. That's what I would do" - Unknown (but probably Thor).

Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks man.

I'm going to be ordering the 25mg of Higher Power DHEA and start with that.

the Epicurean bodybuilder A.FreeRadical's Avatar
    Location: Away from arbitrary power. "Freedom is the emancipation from the arbitrary rule of other men." ~ Mortimore J. Adler
    A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Minotaur
    200 mg is WAY too much!

A better option is 7-Keto DHEA. It is a metabolite of DHEA that does all the good work of DHEA without the nasty potential side effects.
    Hey Minotaur,

I just got my results from my recent blood test. My DHEA is 204. Standard Range is 70-310. Optimum range is 280-500. Is 7-Keto DHEA something I should be looking at?

aA.FreeRadical a
    Visit my plan for 8% bf http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=382697
    Jun. 2004
    Neck 16.5" Shoulders 49" Biceps 14.5" Chest 42" Waist 37" Hips 39" Thighs 21"....5' 9" tall 184 lbs bf 18%

July 2007
    Neck 17" Shoulders 50" Biceps 16" Chest 44" Waist 34" Hips 38" Thighs 23"..... 5' 9" tall 189 lbs 19% bf

Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    FWIW, I have a low normal DHEA of 158. I supplement daily with 100mgs. I use the DHEA because of the numerous studies that show in older men that it has a good conversion to Androstenedione which in turn can convert to Test. I am not concerned with aromatization of Est because I take several aromatase inhibitors as part of my daily supplementation plan. I have used 6-oxo frequently in the past and now am about to start with the new Rebound XT which surpresses the Estro as a means of increasing one's test. Combining this with DHEA should be a good natural way of increasing my test. (I may also add Blue Rhino but thats for another thread). My plan is to only run a 6 week cycle and then have my blood work rechecked. However, if I were using it increase my fat loss, then I would use the 7-oxo-DHEA/7-Keto-DHEA and avoid any possible sides. I believe that 200 mgs ED of the 7-oxo is considered normal.
    Dutch

For four generations my family has answered the call and served as needed from Europe to Asia to 9/11. We will gladly stand and fight again to preserve our freedom from tyranny.

Location: Away from arbitrary power. "Freedom is the emancipation from the arbitrary rule of other men." ~ Mortimore J. Adler
    A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Dutchman
    I have used 6-oxo frequently in the past and now am about to start with the new Rebound XT which surpresses the Estro as a means of increasing one's test. Combining this with DHEA should be a good natural way of increasing my test. (I may also add Blue Rhino but thats for another thread). My plan is to only run a 6 week cycle and then have my blood work rechecked. However, if I were using it increase my fat loss, then I would use the 7-oxo-DHEA/7-Keto-DHEA and avoid any possible sides. I believe that 200 mgs ED of the 7-oxo is considered normal.
    Hi Dutchman,

I am interested in this for increasing testosterone and any anti-aging qualities it might have. Of course, anything that helps me lose the last 7 lbs of fat, would be a good thing too. I did a search on the article section and the store. Any brand names for 7-oxo-DHEA/7-Keto-DHEA to get me headed in the right direction?

Thanks for you help.

aA.FreeRadical a
    Jun. 2004
    Neck 16.5" Shoulders 49" Biceps 14.5" Chest 42" Waist 37" Hips 39" Thighs 21"....5' 9" tall 184 lbs bf 18%

July 2007
    Neck 17" Shoulders 50" Biceps 16" Chest 44" Waist 34" Hips 38" Thighs 23"..... 5' 9" tall 189 lbs 19% bf

Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Any tests on the various compounds of DHEA and prostate enlargement? My PSA test last week was excellent having dropped to 1.0 from 4 years at a steady 1.4. If I take std. form DHEA in 3 days my prostate swells I'd sware to the size of a softball. Double dosing Saw Palmetto does little.

Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by A.FreeRadical
    Hey Minotaur,

I just got my results from my recent blood test. My DHEA is 204. Standard Range is 70-310. Optimum range is 280-500. Is 7-Keto DHEA something I should be looking at?

aA.FreeRadical a
    In your case your doc might even tell you to start using it. As I said earlier, I'm skeptical about regular DHEA. I don't think 7-Keto can hurt, from what I've read about it. I'm using it and I think it's helping. I'm a bit calmer and I seem to be shrinking. I personally am going to stick with it. Give it a try.
    "Go home, have a beer and smash something. That's what I would do" - Unknown (but probably Thor).

Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Baldsnake
    Any tests on the various compounds of DHEA and prostate enlargement? My PSA test last week was excellent having dropped to 1.0 from 4 years at a steady 1.4. If I take std. form DHEA in 3 days my prostate swells I'd sware to the size of a softball. Double dosing Saw Palmetto does little.
    Snake, I don't have any test info as you are seeking. I do use a combination of supps which have taken me down from a PSA of 10- to below 3 and kept me there. Believe me I am happy with the results. I buy some stuff bulk, cap it myself and take large doses eg. Saw Palmetto 2 X 650 mgs, Green Tea 3 X 650 mgs, also 600 mgs Beta-Sitosterol plus 600 mgs various Phytosterols, Selenium, Lycopene (Tomato Juice), 2 TBS of ground Flax Seeds (with my Oatmeal), Garlic etc. as a result I have no problems with my once enlarged prostate. I take my 100 mgs of DHEA and enjoy the strength and mood improvements.
    Dutch

For four generations my family has answered the call and served as needed from Europe to Asia to 9/11. We will gladly stand and fight again to preserve our freedom from tyranny.

ardrock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    FWIW, I have a low normal DHEA of 158. I supplement daily with 100mgs. I use the DHEA because of the numerous studies that show in older men that it has a good conversion to Androstenedione which in turn can convert to Test. I am not concerned with aromatization of Est because I take several aromatase inhibitors as part of my daily supplementation plan. I have used 6-oxo frequently in the past and now am about to start with the new Rebound XT which surpresses the Estro as a means of increasing one's test. Combining this with DHEA should be a good natural way of increasing my test. (I may also add Blue Rhino but thats for another thread). My plan is to only run a 6 week cycle and then have my blood work rechecked. However, if I were using it increase my fat loss, then I would use the 7-oxo-DHEA/7-Keto-DHEA and avoid any possible sides. I believe that 200 mgs ED of the 7-oxo is considered normal.
    Dutchman. I'm like yourself, tried 6 oxo, unleashed, diesel test and now wanting to try Rebound XT along with dhea. My levels were on the low side on test and middle rang on the dheas last time it was checked. I don't take over 50mg of dhea but may be able to take more if cycling aromatase inhibitors. Most of the time I take plain tribulus and avena sativa.

How is the cycle going? I tried sending you a PM, said your mail was full.

I just read your Blue Rhino post on the other thread. I'll stay clear from BR, some stuff in that I don't care to take, caffene is not my friend.
    Last edited by ardrock; 06-07-2005 at 06:50 AM.

My heart pumps ETHER CHUCK DIESEL's Avatar
    CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by A.FreeRadical
    Hey Minotaur,

7 keto DHEA will not effect DHEA levels. If you are over 30 years old 25mg a day (over time) should produce increased DHEA levels. Over 45 50mg a day.

Originally Posted by CHUCK DIESEL
    7 keto DHEA will not effect DHEA levels. If you are over 30 years old 25mg a day (over time) should produce increased DHEA levels. Over 45 50mg a day.
    should dhea be cycled or not? some say yes, some no. This is one suppliment I plan to take the rest of my life.

rgkstl is on a distinguished road. (+10) rgkstl is on a distinguished road. (+10) rgkstl is on a distinguished road. (+10) rgkstl is on a distinguished road. (+10) rgkstl is on a distinguished road. (+10) rgkstl is on a distinguished road. (+10) rgkstl is on a distinguished road. (+10) rgkstl is on a distinguished road. (+10) rgkstl is on a distinguished road. (+10) rgkstl is on a distinguished road. (+10) rgkstl is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good range. I totally agree. I
    would start out with the lower end, 25 mg. and see how you do. Slowly increase if needed.

I seen the thread was still active so I’m just giving an update. I've been taking the 25mg of regular HP DHEA for just over a month now and no complaints at all, everything is going good. My lifting is going great and so is my cardio, my diet is also in check.

rgkstl is on a distinguished road. (+10) rgkstl is on a distinguished road. (+10) rgkstl is on a distinguished road. (+10) rgkstl is on a distinguished road. (+10) rgkstl is on a distinguished road. (+10) rgkstl is on a distinguished road. (+10) rgkstl is on a distinguished road. (+10) rgkstl is on a distinguished road. (+10) rgkstl is on a distinguished road. (+10) rgkstl is on a distinguished road. (+10) rgkstl is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ardrock
    should dhea be cycled or not? some say yes, some no. This is one suppliment I plan to take the rest of my life.
    I am not sure what the "science" has to say about cycling it. I know I took it in the past for quite a long time, many months with no break, and then just abruptly stopped. Noticed no ill effects or anything, just moved on.

By the way, one thing of note.....when I was doing DHEA, I had a pretty increased libido!

Originally Posted by Getsum
    I'm sorry for posting on something that already has so many threads, but I'm not getting a solid answer on my own so I'm asking for opinions. I'm thinking about adding some DHEA supplements to what I've already been doing and I'm trying to come up with the right daily Mg I should be taking.

I think that at my age, I'm 37, around 25 to 50 mg should be plenty but I'm really not sure. I see single dosages up to 200mg per serving.

My first question is can I take too much, and is that bad?

Second question is can I take a larger amount every other day, or is taking a smaller amount everyday the better method.

Third question is has anyone had a bad experience with taking DHEA?

Anyway, I would appreciate any comments or advice and thanks for your time.
    some good questions. If you take too much you may wake up at night with hot sweats, due to E levels. Your second question, may take into account your age, your levels, ect. I don't know if taking a small dose if it would have to be cycled or not. I'm leaning taking it all the time. The third answer, for myself that has been taking dhea for at least 3 years, only good side effect except for trying 100mg and waking up with hot flash. As I stated in one post that hasn't got much response, my eyesight has improved. I read one that dhea could make eyesight better. I been trying to get my wife started taking small dose of dhea, but not much luck so far, she is post menapause and my spelling is terrible.

I been trying to get my wife started taking small dose of dhea, but not much luck so far, she is post menapause and my spelling is terrible.
    I put up a post a while back as to women and dhea. I found an Italian study(no longer have it for concrete evidence to present) about post menapausal women and dhea.

It stated that small doses of dhea improved virtually all of the study groups symptoms. Hot flashes, etc. I give my wife her vitamins, and she really doesn't know what I give her. I added 25 mg. of dhea to her regimine, and in a short while she started telling me her "symptoms" were gone!

I experimented without telling her and took away her dhea, and she started complaining again of them. I told her what I did, got a good "laugh" and was told to never, ever take it away again!

By the way, she bodybuilds. If you wife does not, she may want to start with a smaller dose, like 5 mg. and can easily be doubled if needed.

Different strokes etc.

You will find some who are very strongly convinced that 7-Keto DHEA is the only way to go. Some who advocate only 25 mgs ED etc.

I decided to try another school of thought and went with 100mgs ED (50 in the morning and 50 at noon) of the standard DHEA. I love it and after many months of good results and no problems I have made it a staple of my normal everyday supplementation.
    Dutch

CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000)
    Not at 58 years old. The key to DHEA is only use it when you need it, ie over about 30 yrs. old. Adrock, any drop in your 50mg a day will produce a lesser response to test boosters even if you go down to 25mg a day.

Different strokes etc.

You will find some who are very strongly convinced that 7-Keto DHEA is the only way to go. Some who advocate only 25 mgs ED etc.

I decided to try another school of thought and went with 100mgs ED (50 in the morning and 50 at noon) of the standard DHEA. I love it and after many months of good results and no problems I have made it a staple of my normal everyday supplementation.
    Your 63, you can take 50mg 2X a day and not really exp. any problems, but at 63 your are probably producing about 20-30mg of DHEA a day and I think any dosage over 50mg a day may cause you to shut down any natural production.

7-keto has no effect on hormone levels. What is ED?

Diesel, the age factor is the thing many overlook in considering whether or not DHEA can benefit them. I strongly advise it for guys in their 50s and 60s.

Sorry the ED is shorthand for Each Day.

*Glad to see you're a Flyboy, Diesel. I am forever proud of my wings! My prayers and best wishes for you and all who wear the Blue!
    Dutch

PumpingBuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) PumpingBuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) PumpingBuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) PumpingBuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) PumpingBuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) PumpingBuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) PumpingBuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) PumpingBuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) PumpingBuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) PumpingBuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) PumpingBuck will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I still recommend keto-7!! I take about 200mg a day. I'm increasing it to 300mg a day. My brother and sister-in-law compete. They see great results in cutting stages with 400mg a day!!! There favorite is Beverly and I think it's called Keto lean(3 caps four times a day).

Note: My brother is 38 and his wife is 37.
    Last edited by PumpingBuck; 06-08-2005 at 12:38 AM.

Originally Posted by PumpingBuck
    I still recommend keto-7!! I take about 200mg a day. I'm increasing it to 300mg a day. My brother and sister-in-law compete. They see great results in cutting stages with 400mg a day!!! There favorite is Beverly and I think it's called Keto lean(3 caps four times a day).

Note: My brother is 38 and his wife is 37.
    7-Keto DHEA does cause fat lose, it is totally different from DHEA, it cannot convert to andro, testosterone or estrogen. Thats why its not banned. You take DHEA and 7-Keto DHEA for sep. reasons.

PumpingBuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) PumpingBuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) PumpingBuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) PumpingBuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) PumpingBuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) PumpingBuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) PumpingBuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) PumpingBuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) PumpingBuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) PumpingBuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) PumpingBuck will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    7-Keto DHEA does cause fat lose, it is totally different from DHEA, it cannot convert to andro, testosterone or estrogen. Thats why its not banned. You take DHEA and 7-Keto DHEA for sep. reasons.
    Thanks, Chuck for the info!

I did catch that in this article.

DHEA (DeHydroEpiAndrosterone) is currently one of the most important substances in anti-aging medicine. It is a steroid hormone which is produced with the help of cholesterol in the adrenal glands, the brain and the skin. DHEA is a precursor for other hormones and vital substances - including testosterone (male sexual hormone) and estrogen (female sexual hormone).

In several experiments it was found that DHEA could serve as an effective protection against cardiovascular problems, as it reduces the cholesterol level and positively influences the coagulation ability of blood. Besides, further investigations have shown that DHEA markedly improves memory, enhances performance abilities, strengthens the immune system, degrades body fat, supports the production of estrogen and testosterone, and enhances libido.

7-keto-DHEA or 3-acetyl-7-oxo-dehydroepiandrosterone is a natural metabolite of DHEA. It has similar effects as DHEA but is not transformed into sexual steroid hormones. Studies showed that it could serve as an alternative to DHEA in treating specific effects of the aging process. It appears to be especially effective in counteracting the weight increase associated with advanced age.

EFFECTS

The production of DHEA is markedly reduced after the age of 40 years, which leads to a gradual discontinuation of estrogen production and the start of menopause in women. The same is true for the production of testosterone in men. A lesser production of testosterone is also associated with lesser formation of DHEA. Such low DHEA levels lead to a higher cholesterol level and the risks and consequences associated with this condition. The stress-bearing ability of the individual is also dramatically reduced when the production of DHEA falls.

7-keto-DHEA is one of more than 150 metabolites of DHEA and is termed the "ultimate DHEA" by some researchers. It is equally effective and has the same therapeutic effects as DHEA, but is not transformed into sexual hormones. The advantage is obvious: Due to the fact that it is not transformed into testosterone or estrogen, 7-keto-DHEA has none of the potential side effects which could occur from a surplus of these sexual hormones.

It is suspected that 7-keto-DHEA is bound to the same receptors as glucocorticoids and therefore suppresses these stress hormones - which are formed to a greater extent in old age. Among other effects glucocorticoids suppress immune reactions in the body. Blood levels of glucocorticoids increase so high with advancing age that they may impair the immune system - one of the numerous problems of aging.

Furthermore, in experiments it was found that 7-keto-DHEA increases serum levels of the thyroid hormone T3 (triiodothyronine), which is also reduced by the aging process. This is significant because T3 plays an important role in energy metabolism. With advancing age the human metabolism becomes slower. Ingested calories are not burned and transformed into energy, but deposited in the form of fat. The result is an increase in weight and the problems associated with it (cardiovascular disease, fat metabolism disease, calcification of vessels, etc.). T3 is one of the most important hormones to boost the metabolism - the lower the serum levels of the substance, the less is the turnover of energy. The energy turnover is boosted by enhancing T3 levels through 7-keto-DHEA, and a natural loss of weight occurs.

INDICATIONS
    Obesity/Overweight: 7-keto-DHEA increases the activity of the thyroid hormone T3, which stimulates thermogenesis (the production of warmth in the body) and metabolism. This causes more energy to be consumed and the individual loses weight; the phenomenon was confirmed in several studies. Maximum success was achieved when the individuals simultaneously performed sports three times a week.

Cardiovascular disease: Low DHEA levels signify an elevated risk of cardiac infarction, independent of other risk factors. In trials it was found that 7-keto-DHEA has a similar favorable effect on blood coagulation as aspirin (inhibition of platelet aggregation).

Lupus erythematosus: Lupus erythematosus (LE) is an autoimmune disease in which the body's own tissue is destroyed. The skin, joints and central nervous system may also be affected and the individual may experience dramatic effects on his/her quality of life. The intake of 7-keto-DHEA markedly improved the patients' general wellbeing.

Diabetes mellitus: 7-keto-DHEA enhances the insulin sensitivity of the body.

Immune system: 7-keto-DHEA increases the CD-4 cell count (T-helper cells). These lymphocytes are important to counteract viruses, parasites and some types of cancer. Patients with low CD-4 levels (HIV-positive patients) experienced a marked increase of these important immune cells. Furthermore, since 7-keto-DHEA boosts the entire immune system, it might effect a general enhancement of the individual's defense abilities towards infection.

Skin aging: 7-keto-DHEA appears to be important for normal hair growth, the function of sebaceous glands, and the elasticity of the skin. In any case the skin ages faster in the presence of low DHEA levels which, according to preliminary studies, could mean that a normal DHEA level has a certain anti-wrinkle effect, and that the elasticity of the skin is retained.

Memory: In trials it was found that 7-keto-DHEA markedly improves spatial memory - even more than DHEA.

Extremely low DHEA levels were observed in patients with arteriosclerosis, high blood pressure, poor memory and concentration, disturbed fat metabolism, chronic fatigue syndrome, high cholesterol levels, Alzheimer's disease and multiple sclerosis. Low DHEA levels were also found in the presence of osteoporosis and bronchial asthma.
    Last edited by PumpingBuck; 06-08-2005 at 06:52 AM.

Thanks, Chuck for the info!

I did catch that in this article.

DHEA (DeHydroEpiAndrosterone) is currently one of the most important substances in anti-aging medicine...
    Thanks for posting that article PumpingBuck. I found it to be quite helpful.

Diesel, the age factor is the thing many overlook in considering whether or not DHEA can benefit them. I strongly advise it for guys in their 50s and 60s.
    So you think the problem of possibly increasing estrogen in males of advanced age is not as likely, right?

I am taking 7- keto, 100 mg per day. I started this along with Tribulus about a month ago. Between the two, I notice some improvement in libido. I am losing some hard-to-lose fat, but that may be from my low carb diet which I started about the same time.

I am wondering if I shouldn't switch to DHEA after this bottle of 7-keto is gone?

Here are my hormone numbers from my recent blood test. The optimal range came from Life Extention Institute's recommendation.

.............Standard Reference...........Optimal Range... My test #
    Hormones

DHEA..............70-310.......................280-500..........204

Estradiol.............3-70.........................10-30.............15

IGF-1..............81-225............................................197

Test. Serum.....241-827...........................................295

Free Test..........7.2-24...........................16-22........12.5

PSA..................0-4...............................0-2.5..........0.3

Thyroid
    TSH...............0.35-5.5....................Under 2.1........0.618
    T4..................4.5-12........................... 4.5-12.........8.6
    T3,free............2.3-4.2...........................2.3-4.2..........3

Using the optimal range, DHEA, Testosterone serum, and Free testosterone could use a boost. My goal is to improve my sex life and to build muscle (and lose the last few lbs of fat from my abdomen).

Any thoughts on this are appreciated. Thanks.

aA.FreeRadical a
    Jun. 2004

July 2007

Chuck, So I can take keto-7 and Dhea at the same time? What I've read on most articles is that I probably can.

Chuck, So I can take keto-7 and Dhea at the same time? What I've read on most articles is that I probably can.
    I was wandering the same thing.

Yeah. Most take about 25mg DHEA a day (or 50mg if over about 40 yrs old) and 250mg (125mg-150mg 2X a day). Its not like taking the same thing, DHEA is for hormone levels, 7-keto is for fat loss.

Yeah. Most take about 25mg DHEA a day (or 50mg if over about 40 yrs old) and 250mg (125mg-150mg 2X a day). Its not like taking the same thing, DHEA is for hormone levels, 7-keto is for fat loss.
    Yeah, somehow folks get mixed up with the name....just because DHEA is in the name of both, it can seem a bit confusing. They are not the same products, and have different effects.

So you think the problem of possibly increasing estrogen in males of advanced age is not as likely, right?

------Yes and no, DHEA converting to estogen depends on the person. If you have high estrogen, you will probably have higher estrogen on DHEA. If you have nat. low estrogen, then you will have low estrogen on DHEA.

I am wondering if I shouldn't switch to DHEA after this bottle of 7-keto is gone?

-----For weightloss stay with 7-keto.

Here are my hormone numbers from my recent blood test. The optimal range came from Life Extention Institute's recommendation.

.............Standard Reference...........Optimal Range... My test #
    Hormones

DHEA..............70-310.......................280-500..........204

--Your DHEA is not low but low in the mid-range. How old are you?

Estradiol.............3-70.........................10-30.............15

--Estradiol is low (good)

IGF-1..............81-225............................................197

Test. Serum.....241-827...........................................295

Your total test is low

Free Test..........7.2-24...........................16-22........12.5

---Your free test should be a percentage or show a different number, how was free test measured (??/ml)

---You have low estradiol (good), low total test, low free test. which means you may benifit from DHEA.

---Its not common to see low estadiol and low free-test (unless you are over 40 yrs old).