Dmitry83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dmitry83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dmitry83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dmitry83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dmitry83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Critique my meal plan please

preworkout meal 1 (8:00 Am)
    1 bowl oatmeal or special K cereal
    protein shake (2 scoops)

meal 2 (11:00 Am)
    5 eggs scrambled w/ yolks
    protein shake 1 scoop
    2 pieces wheat bread
    1 apple or 1 orange

meal 3 (2:30-3:00 Pm)
    2 chicken breasts 150 grams each
    brown rice 100 grams or boiled potatoes
    green salad w/ tomatoes etc..

meal 4 (6:00 Pm)
    2 cans tuna
    1 piece wheat bread
    steamed broccoli 150 grams
    1 tomato

meal 5 (8:30 pm)
    2 chicken breasts or 1 steak 350 grams
    green salad

11:00 pm before bed 2 scoops protein shake.

I would like to know your advice and what you think of this thanks

zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Since meal #2 is your post-workout meal, I would skip the yolks. You'll need fat, but make it later in the day and not right around your workout. For good fats, maybe have some almonds or flax with your pre-bed shake. That would be ideal.

Other than that, there's nothing I can say without knowing more about you. Size, lifting/training plan, experience, cutting/bulking, your BMR and what type of caloric total you think this meal plan is, themacronutrient ratio you want to aim for, what THIS plan is, etc.

More about what your point is with this plan.

Dmitry83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dmitry83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dmitry83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dmitry83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dmitry83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well, um its a bodybuilding board, so my goal is to gain mass and stay lean. currently I am 21, 190 pounds 5'11". I have been working out seriously for the past 2 years, but now that I have more free time, I would like to get into it even more seriously... I just always feel like there is something thats missing about my diet or I am forgetting something..

zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Dmitry83
    well, um its a bodybuilding board, so my goal is to gain mass and stay lean.
    Not everyone here is looking to gain mass, and not everyone cares about being lean. If you think my question was a dumb one, find someone else to read your ****.
    currently I am 21, 190 pounds 5'11". I have been working out seriously for the past 2 years, but now that I have more free time, I would like to get into it even more seriously... I just always feel like there is something thats missing about my diet or I am forgetting something..
    As I mentioned, to really comment on anything, I'd need to know what kind of calorie total you're aiming for, what this meal plan is, what macronutrient ratio you're aiming for, what this plan is, etc.

Everything I asked in my first reply.

ok, as far as lifting, I try to stick with the basics... dumb bells, barbell, squats, deadlifts, lunges.. I keep cables and machine exercises to a minimum.. I currently take VPX CEX C-AKG crea-ester creatine, multi-vitamins, fish oil pills and of course protein.

As far as my calorie total? I dont know. That is one of the things I would like some advice on... 3500-4000? macronutrient ratio? I dont know either? isnt the standard 45% protein 35% carbs, 20% fat? I would like to make the best gains possible the next 12 months, and hopefully, in 12 months be in "competition shape" to get 1st place.

mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    protein shake (2 scoops)
    no post workout meal? i'd up the carbs here and drop the protein, personally. but whatever works for you i guess.
    meal 2 (11:00 Am)
    5 eggs scrambled w/ yolks
    protein shake 1 scoop
    2 pieces wheat bread
    1 apple or 1 orange
    5 yolks? that's.. a lot of fat imho. and it'd make you quite sleepy hehe. if it's post workout, i'm assuming it is, drop the yolks. you want maximal absorption of the whey, and not slow down gastric emptying with fats.
    meal 3 (2:30-3:00 Pm)
    2 chicken breasts 150 grams each
    brown rice 100 grams or boiled potatoes
    green salad w/ tomatoes etc..
    300 g of chicken breast is A LOT of protein, about 60g + in fact. i'd lower this to 1 1/2 chicken breasts. otherwise ok.
    meal 4 (6:00 Pm)
    2 cans tuna
    1 piece wheat bread
    steamed broccoli 150 grams
    1 tomato
    1 can of tuna with the other half chicken breast left over. you should go higher on carbs - are you trying to cut or bulk? if you're cutting, you're still not eating enough carbs anyhow. if you're bulking, you're ALSO not eating enough carbs.
    11:00 pm before bed 2 scoops protein shake.
    i'd not use protein shake unless it's casein or whey+casein. besides you can always go the cheap route by using cottage cheese with some good fats. i'm not sure, i think you're not eating enough calories whether you're cutting or bulking. what's your weight and bf%? what's your goals? you've to be clearer!
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

meandmyiv / scott donald / DarkFalcon

mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ok i didn't see that, 190 pounds. you're eating TOO little. spread your fats out throughout the day instead of just yolks in one meal. you should be aiming for at least 3500 calories, perhaps even more if you're planning to bulk. and you should be eating at least 2700 calories if you're planning to cut, and you're not even meeting that, as far as i can see. i'm 65 kg , that's about 150 lbs, and i'm eating 3200 calories daily, and i'm still lean, so relax about the fat factor, bro.

and no, the standrad isn't 45/35/20, that sounds like cutting, and it's not even cutting because your fats is too little. you should aim for 40/30/30 (cutting - p/c/f) and about 35/45/20 (bulking - p/c/f) mainly because carbs are usually cheaper than protein
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

meandmyiv / scott donald / DarkFalcon

ProfWorrier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    protein shake (2 scoops)
    I just have one suggestion. If your going to eat cereal, pitch the Special K crap. Get Optimum Power, Kashi, etc.
    "I'll make weapons out of my imperfections."

Mischiev>

great advice, thanks.. I would like to compete in about 12 months time from now... I am 190 pounds, 8-9% BF.... I think right now I should be concentrating on bulking so I will increase my fats and carbs a little more... Im just always paranoid im not getting enough protein, that 2 grams per pound rule, I always try to shoot for that... BTW, yes, that second meal is my post-workout meal, I will take out 4 of the egg yolks... and leave 1... Any suggestions for fat sources?? steak? pork? fish? I can mix that in a little... what else can you say?

BreakOnThrough has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    dog, you're eating like a little schoolgirl if thats what u call bulking at 190lbs!
    i weigh 147 and eat double what u eat.

and if you're at a level where youre competing, shouldnt u already know where to get EFA's from? how bout peanut butter, nuts, olive oil, fish oil....

i smell some cubic zirconia

Originally Posted by BreakOnThrough
    dog, you're eating like a little schoolgirl if thats what u call bulking at 190lbs!
    i weigh 147 and eat double what u eat.

and if you're at a level where youre competing, shouldnt u already know where to get EFA's from? how bout peanut butter, nuts, olive oil, fish oil....

i smell some cubic zirconia
    no, I am not a the level of competing.. thats why I am asking the questions... I should be ready in twelve months to take 1st place though... thats my goal... Why am I eating like a schoolgirl??? just because I am not eating fats? I will definitely put some more fats in my meals like you said, but I never looked at it like that! oh, well... nice input though... I need help in this department

BreakOnThrough has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    heh.. read, read and read more.. articles, articles, and more articles on bb.com. dont go by the message boards