carmichael85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

how to improve your bench

at the moment im stuck benching reps of 66kg and 68.5kg
    i do 66kg 68.5kg 68.5kg and 66kg
    but i cant seem to budge into the 70s which is peeing me off
    how can i do it my max is only 83.5kg which is pretty **** i think whoops

-IrOn-HyEnA- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ok what i personaly do is spend about an hour or an hour and a half on the skipping rope and the punching bag (i box) nonstop , sweat my a@@ off.
    what i think that does is get ur blood pumpin really fast n at a very high tempreture which rids ur muscle of all sorts of toxins , then ur muscles are fresh and good as new u ll need alot of water after that and some rest, i think u ll b able to lift more after that.
    works pretty good for me u should try it might work for u aswell.

IKilledBritney will become famous soon enough. (+50) IKilledBritney will become famous soon enough. (+50) IKilledBritney will become famous soon enough. (+50) IKilledBritney will become famous soon enough. (+50) IKilledBritney will become famous soon enough. (+50) IKilledBritney will become famous soon enough. (+50) IKilledBritney will become famous soon enough. (+50) IKilledBritney will become famous soon enough. (+50) IKilledBritney will become famous soon enough. (+50) IKilledBritney will become famous soon enough. (+50) IKilledBritney will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by carmichael85
    at the moment im stuck benching reps of 66kg and 68.5kg
    i do 66kg 68.5kg 68.5kg and 66kg
    but i cant seem to budge into the 70s which is peeing me off
    how can i do it my max is only 83.5kg which is pretty **** i think whoops
    hit the machine exercises for a few weeks (pec dec etc) then try the benching again.
    i usually only have 1 benching day every 2 weeks, and each time im up about 5 k at least

USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Try slowing down and controlling your reps more. Leave your ego at the door and lighten weight a little and perfect absolutely impeccable form. Eat a littl more and watch the weight start going up again.

-IrOn-HyEnA- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

well said USmuscle

bobo_007 is just really nice. (+1000) bobo_007 is just really nice. (+1000) bobo_007 is just really nice. (+1000) bobo_007 is just really nice. (+1000) bobo_007 is just really nice. (+1000) bobo_007 is just really nice. (+1000) bobo_007 is just really nice. (+1000) bobo_007 is just really nice. (+1000) bobo_007 is just really nice. (+1000) bobo_007 is just really nice. (+1000) bobo_007 is just really nice. (+1000)

Unhappy well

want to improve your bench?

listen, and follow, first, sand it down, apply a few coats of gloss and then varnish, for a hard wearing, shiny finish, a finish your mother would be proud of!

dam, oh i'm sorry, you meant bench, as in a weight bench, noooo!

ok then

1) strengthen your tri's with close dips/close grip bench
    2) strengthen your shoulders with a variety of press

stick to compound heavy lifts

and most importantly, probably, people put to much emphasis on the bench, they always ask how much you can bench, nonesense!

in my opinion, parralel bar dips are a far better exercise, the bench can easily be incorperated, but remember your chest is only a small muscle, in comparison to your back/legs
    Now All We Need Is A little Energon And A Lot of Luck

More Than You Imagine Optimus Prime.......

beansarelame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beansarelame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beansarelame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beansarelame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beansarelame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beansarelame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beansarelame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Absolutely, bench press isn't even the best exercise for chest, why do people put so much importance in it? As for improving your bench, just do as USMuscle said and slow it down, 8-10 reps, 3-4 sets, and keep upping the weight by small margins everytime, or upping the reps. If you can do 10 reps with a weight, up the weight, you should be able to do 8 reps with a slighty greater weight, so keep on that weight 'til you can do 10 and then up the weight again. It's a slow process, but you'll get consistant gains.

Coopercentral will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coopercentral will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coopercentral will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coopercentral will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coopercentral will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coopercentral will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coopercentral will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coopercentral will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coopercentral will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coopercentral will become famous soon enough. (+50) Coopercentral will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Lately, what I've been doin is, start at 135, then put a 10 on, and then a 5, and then another 5, so I end at (175).

The only thing is that, if I stayed with 135, for 8-10, my muscles would fatigue after the first set or two, and wouldn't be able to do 8-10 again. Am I doing anything wrong? I shuoldn't be going to failure each time, right?
    Currently: 17 years old
    Weight: 160 pounds

Max-OT: Doing week 3

Max-OT stands for Maximum Overload Training. It's getting the maximum amount of muscle in the shortest amount of time.

1 day I will be #1 Powerlifter 007's Avatar
    Powerlifter 007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    is your form good that can make you do more reps. just keep going on machines on a few weeks pec dec.

The Thread Hi-Jacker ;) SuperKid's Avatar
    SuperKid will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperKid will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperKid will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperKid will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperKid will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperKid will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperKid will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperKid will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperKid will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperKid will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperKid will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Where is your weakness
    I love it when a mod makes a post in a thread, and instantly a bunch of other posters in the thread suck his dick. Thats f*ckin funny.

God of WSA
    WSA Army fo lyfe!!!!11

Wow Strong Arms will never die...

[url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=565365[/url]

duganator has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) duganator has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) duganator has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) duganator has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) duganator has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) duganator has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) duganator has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) duganator has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) duganator has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) duganator has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) duganator has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    the best thing that happened to my bench was very heavy fly's. I used to use really light weight and keep my arms perfectly straight and this was completely wrong. You should go as heavy as possible and instead of pulling with your arms flex your chest when you come up and use your arms as just a guide. My bench went up 30 pounds in a matter of about 5 weeks