BigSquid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Angry One side bigger than other???

hey i juss need a little bit of help here i notice that after i got done my bis/tris
    thats my right arm is considerably bigger than my left. but i dont know why though i usally do the preacher curl could this be why i also notice that my right leg is too i dunno its crazy i am right handed too if u can help me and give me some ideas on how to fix it i would app. it thanks guys
    Weight:155
    Height:5'7
    Max Bench Press:250

Want some, come get some!

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BigSquid
    hey i juss need a little bit of help here i notice that after i got done my bis/tris
    thats my right arm is considerably bigger than my left. but i dont know why though i usally do the preacher curl could this be why i also notice that my right leg is too i dunno its crazy i am right handed too if u can help me and give me some ideas on how to fix it i would app. it thanks guys

whats the difference in arm size when measured cold?

usually when people start lifting its quite common for one arm to be bigger (e.g. if some ones right handed, then thier right arm tends to be bigger, as they use it more) but this evens out over time

One Breath has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeh, im right handed but my left arm is bigger than my right, same as my upper back, the left being bigger. but not by much, i can notice it, but i dont think other people could....
    As long as its not a big difference, there's nothing to worry about.

ElTigre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I already have that problem without going to the gym XP omg!

No pain, no (weight) loss Badfrog's Avatar
    Badfrog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badfrog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badfrog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badfrog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badfrog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badfrog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badfrog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badfrog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badfrog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badfrog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badfrog is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Today I started doing preacher curls only I'm doing one arm at a time with DB's. I start with my left arm (weakest) and I make sure my right arm does not do more reps. My right arm could definately do more reps but then I'm going to continue to have the same problem. We'll see how it goes. Perhaps it will work.

El Dudereno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Assymetry is reasonably common. Keep lifting and growing and the body will correct itself.
    El Dudereno he say: "Make every day an anabolic day."

>>>>>>
    anabolic

\An`a*bol"ic\, a.(Physiol.) Pertaining to anabolism; an anabolic change or process, more or less constructive in its nature.
    >>>>>>

sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Badfrog
    Today I started doing preacher curls only I'm doing one arm at a time with DB's. I start with my left arm (weakest) and I make sure my right arm does not do more reps. My right arm could definately do more reps but then I'm going to continue to have the same problem. We'll see how it goes. Perhaps it will work.
    Yes, you're doing the right thing to correct it.

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    nbody is 100% symmetric, not even ronnie

if there's no signifigant strength differences (more than +/- 1 rep) then just give it time to even out. if there are big strength difference, use the same weight/reps/setse for both sides...this means reducing the amount the stronger side can handle.
    <->

punkr444 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) punkr444 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) punkr444 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) punkr444 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) punkr444 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) punkr444 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) punkr444 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) punkr444 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) punkr444 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) punkr444 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) punkr444 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm left handed, and my right arm cold is almost 16, the left is a little bigger than 15.5, so there is definately a noticeable difference, but I have been working on correcting it by using dumbbells instead of barbells for most exercies. By using dumbbells you can make sure that one arm doesn't overpower the other one. About a year ago, there was close to an inch diff, my left was 14, and the right was almost 15.