oshjo75 is not very well liked. (-100) oshjo75 is not very well liked. (-100) oshjo75 is not very well liked. (-100) oshjo75 is not very well liked. (-100) oshjo75 is not very well liked. (-100) oshjo75 is not very well liked. (-100) oshjo75 is not very well liked. (-100) oshjo75 is not very well liked. (-100) oshjo75 is not very well liked. (-100) oshjo75 is not very well liked. (-100) oshjo75 is not very well liked. (-100)

Possible to lose fat without losing ANY muscle?

Im starting this diet...

Breakfast-Special K Cereal with organic milk, water

Lunch-1 can of tuna with hot sauce, triscuits, fruit salad, water

Dinner-1 can of tuna with hot sauce, ham sandwich with cheese and mustard, water

Snack (if any)- 1 pack of fruit gummy things lol, or fruit salad

good diet or bad diet???

anyways, I have been lifting for about 5 years but have recently stopped, im pretty big muscular wise but I have a layer of fat over my muscles... Is it possible for me to shed the bf% and the layer of fat and have this mass of shredded muscle underneath my layer of fat?

MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    your certainly not eating enough. Try and eat more and divide it into 6 evenly spaced out meals.

mlgray40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mlgray40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mlgray40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mlgray40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mlgray40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mlgray40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mlgray40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mlgray40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mlgray40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mlgray40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mlgray40 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Probably not with that few calories, my guess is you would definitly lose lean mass. Best thing to do is get a body comp so you know your lean mass. Once you have your lo\ean mass you can get an acurate BMR then figure your calorie needs based on that. Do the diet for a month get the boy comp done again and see if you lost any lean mass.

Last month I lost 8lbs of muscle and gained 2lbs of lean mass. I have been working out 6 days a week cardio 3 and lifting 3 and eating around 2000 calories a day, so yes you can lose while gaining muscle.

Mike

MrMichiganGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by oshjo75 View Post
    Im starting this diet...

Dinner-1 can of tuna with hot sauce, ham sandwich with cheese and mustard, water

good diet or bad diet???

anyways, I have been lifting for about 5 years but have recently stopped, im pretty big muscular wise but I have a layer of fat over my muscles... Is it possible for me to shed the bf% and the layer of fat and have this mass of shredded muscle underneath my layer of fat?

few more snacks. fat-free yogurt is pretty good. hard boiled eggs too.

SGMD1 is a name known to all. (+5000) SGMD1 is a name known to all. (+5000) SGMD1 is a name known to all. (+5000) SGMD1 is a name known to all. (+5000) SGMD1 is a name known to all. (+5000) SGMD1 is a name known to all. (+5000) SGMD1 is a name known to all. (+5000) SGMD1 is a name known to all. (+5000) SGMD1 is a name known to all. (+5000) SGMD1 is a name known to all. (+5000) SGMD1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by mlgray40 View Post
    Last month I lost 8lbs of muscle and gained 2lbs of lean mass. I have been working out 6 days a week cardio 3 and lifting 3 and eating around 2000 calories a day, so yes you can lose while gaining muscle.
    I think he meant "fat"

oshjo75 is not very well liked. (-100) oshjo75 is not very well liked. (-100) oshjo75 is not very well liked. (-100) oshjo75 is not very well liked. (-100) oshjo75 is not very well liked. (-100) oshjo75 is not very well liked. (-100) oshjo75 is not very well liked. (-100) oshjo75 is not very well liked. (-100) oshjo75 is not very well liked. (-100) oshjo75 is not very well liked. (-100) oshjo75 is not very well liked. (-100)
    me 2 lol...thx so far keep em coming

ceno is a complete loser! (-2000) ceno is a complete loser! (-2000) ceno is a complete loser! (-2000) ceno is a complete loser! (-2000) ceno is a complete loser! (-2000) ceno is a complete loser! (-2000) ceno is a complete loser! (-2000) ceno is a complete loser! (-2000) ceno is a complete loser! (-2000) ceno is a complete loser! (-2000) ceno is a complete loser! (-2000)
    worst diet I have ever seen here....

you're 275lb and you try to keep your muscle mass with only 2 cans of tuna?

if thats what you have been eating, I am sure that you dont have any muscle mass at all....

i'd recommend you to use the search option for diet options.
    ****Patrick Bateman: Sabrina, don't just stare at it. Eat it*****

ceno what would u recomennd eating then..be specific plz

ceno is a complete loser! (-2000) ceno is a complete loser! (-2000) ceno is a complete loser! (-2000) ceno is a complete loser! (-2000) ceno is a complete loser! (-2000) ceno is a complete loser! (-2000) ceno is a complete loser! (-2000) ceno is a complete loser! (-2000) ceno is a complete loser! (-2000) ceno is a complete loser! (-2000) ceno is a complete loser! (-2000)
    ceno what would u recomennd eating then..be specific plz
    first of all find your calorie intake for fat loss

http://yianni.users.mcs2.netarray.co...WebApp/bmr.jsp

then, read the fat loss logs, there are some very good meal options there

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=111

one thing to remember, in order to keep your muscle mass, I suggest you to get at least 1g x (your body weight) protein...thats the minimum, so 275-300grams of protein a day...
    200-250grams of carbs.....
    and 4x cardio a week (30-45mins)
    6x weight lifting a week

good luck
    ****Patrick Bateman: Sabrina, don't just stare at it. Eat it*****

DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Im starting this diet...

good diet or bad diet???

This diet is terrible. You need a protein source with your breakfast. You have no healthy fats such as olive oil, fish oil, nuts. Two cans of tuna daily is bad because of too much mercury. Stick to one a day. You have no post workout shake. And your last meal prebed should be protein+fats like cottage cheese and peanut butter, not gummy bears. Add more chicken breast, lean beef, veggies, yams, healthy fats.

GP2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    As others said that diet is truly terrible. Start out by using this link to figure out what your maintenance calories for the day are. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/issa64.htm After you fill in all your info and it gets your results, look at Step 3, that is the number of calories that you need to take in per day to maintain body weight. If you want to cut (which I don't think you want to) than you want to eat in calorie deficit, which would be roughly 500 calories below maintenance Just to give you an idea, this is a diet i've been following that has worked pretty well for me, and should be pretty close to what you should be following at your size. In february I was 6'2@260 w/ a 42 in waist, now i'm 219lbs w/ a 36/37 inch waist. Your a tad bit heavier than I was, so the calories may be a little low for you, but this should be pretty close to a diet that you should follow. I can guarantee it will be 100x better than what you are doing right now. Here it is...

Meal 1 @ 8:00 am: Homemade protein shake, which is
    1 scoop of ON 100% whey protein

1 tbs of low fat peanut butter

1/2 of a banana

1/4 cup oats

1 cup of skim milk

Meal 2 @ 11:30 am: Grilled chicken breast, brown rice, one tbsp ranch Walden Farms dressing -or- Lean ground turkey w/ whole grain bow tie pasta, mixed veggies, with some basil and Extra Virgin Olive Oil -or- Turkey Burger on whole wheat bread with 1 slice low fat cheese, 1 tbsp BBQ sauce, w/ fruit or veggie on the side ( All of these can be pre-made and put in the fridge/freezer to have for quick meals. The ground turkey,pasta, and veggie one is great for me, as I make a normal serving size and just put it in a zip-lock bag and toss it in the freezer. I usually have about 8-10 bags in there at a time, and it takes two seconds to heat up and have a good quick lunch )

Meal 3 @ 3:00pm: Fruit salad, lightly salted almonds

Meal 5 @ 6:45 pm (Pre-workout): Turkey/Chicken/Steak( basically, some type of lean meat, and a good source of carbs, varies on the night) , salad, sweet potatoe

Workout from 8:00-9:30

Meal 6 @ 9:45: Same shake as meal 1

Bed time snack: 1/2 cup low fat Cottage Cheese

Good luck with everything, if you have any questions feel free to ask, i'll do my best to help. Like others said, read the stickies, as they have tons of great information. I just feel compelled to help, because I remember how overwhelming and nerveracking it is to try to set up a good diet. If you don't take my diet as it is, you can at least use it as something to work off of, so you aren't completely in the dark on this whole nutrition thing
    ACSM Certified Personal Trainer
    One of my favorite quotes:
    "NEVER compare yourself to other people, its only going to cause frustration. Compare you to you. Where you are now vs a few months ago. If you are stronger than you were perfect, if not, work harder..."
    -quoted from genepool

ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    In addition to the stickies, there are lots of great articles on the main BB.com site.

Here is a link to ALL the nutrition articles. The first section is all about various diets. Read to gain the knowledge:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbmainnut.htm

Link for workout nutrition:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...postcount=3088
    RIP My Beloved Son: March 2000 ~ June 2008.

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
    - Thomas A. Edison

"It's a lifestyle: train like there is no finish line."
    - Steve Katai

valby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) valby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) valby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) valby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) valby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) valby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) valby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) valby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) valby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) valby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) valby has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    This link is good for working out how many calories to aim for and a breakdown by meal-
    http://yianni.users.mcs2.netarray.co...bApp/entry.jsp
    "The supreme irony of life is that no one gets out of it alive." -Robert Heinlein

"I don't care if it ruins my career; I'd rather be smart than a movie star" - Natalie Portman

ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by valby View Post
    This link is good for working out how many calories to aim for and a breakdown by meal-
    http://yianni.users.mcs2.netarray.co...bApp/entry.jsp
    If you use this link, which I use & recommend, be careful inputting your info as the height & weight defualts are in metric. You must change the pounds from kilos & cm's to inches...or your numbers will be way off.
    RIP My Beloved Son: March 2000 ~ June 2008.

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
    - Thomas A. Edison

"It's a lifestyle: train like there is no finish line."
    - Steve Katai