BegingingMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question I have some questions, please help!

Hello, I am not a bodybuilder, but I do work out almost daily. I am in high school and I am on the wrestling team. I am relatively small, but I want to get bigger. I have heard many different things to do, and not to do when weight lifting, some of them i agree with some of them I do not.

I am 14, 5'7'' and 125lbs.
    bicepts 12.5''
    weist 29''
    and looking to get bigger

1. I have heard that flexing muscles after you have worked out or while they are still sore "ruins the work out." Is this true?

2. I have also heard that even if you have rested a muscle group for a day you should not work that group if it is still only a little sore. Is this true?

Red-Level is on a distinguished road. (+10) Red-Level is on a distinguished road. (+10) Red-Level is on a distinguished road. (+10) Red-Level is on a distinguished road. (+10) Red-Level is on a distinguished road. (+10) Red-Level is on a distinguished road. (+10) Red-Level is on a distinguished road. (+10) Red-Level is on a distinguished road. (+10) Red-Level is on a distinguished road. (+10) Red-Level is on a distinguished road. (+10) Red-Level is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well first things first. You're spelling sucks. But i'll leave it at that. You're 125 and on the wrestling team? I didn't know they had a feather weight. Common questions though. You have to eat and train hard. The more you eat the better, but eat the right stuff.

I'm not sure about the whole flexing thing after a workout. I flex like crazy after my work outs. Makes me feel good to see what I've accomplished.

When you do lift, REST is the more important thing. You should only work each muscle group once a week. At least I do, but you have to find something that works for you. Sometimes you get results from stunning the muscles. Everybody is different though. Give it time, and be serious about it. If you're not serious your wasting your time.

-J