rmatic1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

postworkout shake question

i realize that it is typical to blend whey/oats or dextrose ect in a blender..however my brother broke my blender (dickhead) ... so today i just used whey/oats and stirred it together...is there that much of a diffrence that i didnt blend the oats..im just curious cause it might be a few days before i pick up another blender so itll be easier to just mix a myoplex instead...

AlexPSU will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexPSU will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexPSU will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexPSU will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexPSU will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexPSU will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexPSU will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexPSU will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexPSU will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexPSU will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexPSU will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Blending the oats accelerates the rate in which they are converted to blood sugar causing a quicker insulin surge... this is ideal post workout.
    I was thirsty for everything, blood wasn't my style.

rmatic1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hmm i c, but better not blended then nothing at all.

meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by AlexPSU
    Blending the oats accelerates the rate in which they are converted to blood sugar causing a quicker insulin surge... this is ideal post workout.
    If this was the case, why not just use dextrose?

I use 75g of oats in my PW shake, not blended. It works fine
    Bulking.

Check out my Cre Ethyl Thunder Log:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=387162

bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    No, blending or not...very little difference.
    Hit the Wall, Tear it Down!! - Wildman

LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You guys put dextrose and whey in the same shake? How does that taste??

Like for example I fill up one cup of water in the blender and put half a scoop of gatorade powder in it so thats' about 30 somethin G's of dextrose. THen drink it down and put a cup of water with a scoop of whey in htere.

You guys do it together? How does it taste? lol I'm afraid to try it.

But ya dextrose is better then aots cuase it causes a higher insulin spike and your muscles demand sugar like a crack addict on crack.
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. ~Henry Rollins

meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Actually, the first phase of recovery is insulin independant, so a High GI carb is not needed.
    Bulking.

Check out my Cre Ethyl Thunder Log:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=387162

octane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by ReSpAwN DeMoN
    dextrose is really sweet, so adding it to your shake just makes it sweeter.. tastes great!
    meh.

Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    During the last few years,I used to have a pw shake of dextrose/whey..during the last 1 month I've started have oats+whey post workout.My recovery is a fast as before,and definitely oats are much helathier than dextrose!After all this helps in increasing someone's insulin sensitivity
    Enjoy everything, Need nothing!

xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by ReSpAwN DeMoN

Like for example I fill up one cup of water in the blender and put half a scoop of gatorade powder in it so thats' about 30 somethin G's of dextrose. THen drink it down and put a cup of water with a scoop of whey in htere.

You guys do it together? How does it taste? lol I'm afraid to try it.

But ya dextrose is better then aots cuase it causes a higher insulin spike and your muscles demand sugar like a crack addict on crack.
    Before i got Dextrose/Malto, I was mixing ON vanilla whey with Sweet Punch Powerade and Blue Rush or something Gatorade? And it tasted amazing. Haha, this isn't really about the postworkout insulin thing, but my roomate mixed ProRated Bavarian Chocolate with Orange Juice and it tasted like one of those candy Chocolate Oranges you can get, I figured it'd taste like hell, but it was pretty good.
    Unaffiliated.

LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ok then tomorrow after my cardio I"m gonna give it a shot...

oh boy oh boy I can't wait... fruit punch gatorade powder and double rich chocolate ON.... yummy... *gulp*
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. ~Henry Rollins

Capt.Morgan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Capt.Morgan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Capt.Morgan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Capt.Morgan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Capt.Morgan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Capt.Morgan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Capt.Morgan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Capt.Morgan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Capt.Morgan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Capt.Morgan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Capt.Morgan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is mixing 1/2 cup of oats ideal for the pw shake?
    --Mike

it is but dextrose is the prefered source cuase it cuases the insulin spike quicker so that protien synthesis can happen and get you out of that catabolic state ASAP!!!

Hey Octane... I mixed Fruit Punch Gatorade Powder with Double Rich Chocolate ON Whey today for the first time after my work out.

It sorta went like this. I looked at it after blended and was thinking "ok this is fruit punch chocolate... no.. its chcolate fruit punch! sounds pretty good..." and I drank it all. It actually tastes alot better then with the whey /w water alone. Tastes great.

1Cup of cold water
    1/2 Scoop dextrose (29G)
    1 Scoop ON Whey (23G)

Thanks Guys