imdutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) imdutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) imdutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) imdutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) imdutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) imdutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) imdutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) imdutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) imdutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) imdutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) imdutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Exclamation Are traps good or bad?

My trapezius' grow super fast (one set of 15 shrugs, every 3 weeks and they reach my ears haha), so if I would train them often they would grow to supersize, anyways I heard chicks think they're ugly, they make your shoulders look less wide, and i admit that even I don't think huge traps look that great. Anyways what do you guys think? Should i be known as "Mr. No-neck" in my school, or just keep them at moderate size?
    Joram ****inbird

Registered User Travis Stenersn's Avatar
    Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Traps will make you look much more intimidating. A 'tougher' look.

From an aesthetic point of view, huge traps relative to the rest of your body can look not as good, because you aren't in proportion. The same could be said of any muscle. (but probably traps in particular because they are one of the first things you notice if a guy is wearing a shirt)

Females, I think, should avoid direct trap work because big traps are a more 'masculine' sort of look. That's not to say they shouldn't work them, just not prioritize the upper traps.

I think big traps on a guy make him look tougher, and they are an easy way to see if a guy pumps iron when he's wearing a shirt, you can see the ridge from behind.

I would personally go for the bigger traps.
    Last edited by Travis Stenersn; 04-03-2002 at 04:12 PM.

To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Traps being my favourite muscle, I'd work them like a mofo.
    As Travis said, with a shirt on, you don't really notice that six pack right away...

Tom
    "In times of change the learners inherit the world whereas the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists." - Geoff Hofer

Fear The Day That I Reach 200lbs.

imdutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) imdutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) imdutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) imdutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) imdutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) imdutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) imdutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) imdutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) imdutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) imdutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) imdutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Yeah well there's this fool at my school with huge traps and he looks like a ****in retard since they're so big he looks like he's flexing them all day while walking around, added to this he always pulls his head back so...yeah...
    Still a good idea to train em like a mofo?
    Joram ****inbird

DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Traps are my fav. muscle too... they make you look tough when you get em huge plus I like the way they look when they go up to your ears. I got it easy I was blessed with the genetics of big calves, skinny waist, big traps , wide shoulders.
    Eternal Creatures are not so prudent.

Member since Nov 2001

Originally posted by DYnomyte001
    ....I was blessed with the genetics of big calves, skinny waist, big traps , wide shoulders.
    Besides the big calfs, sounds like me exactly. At age 11 my shoulders were wider than my dads haha.
    Joram ****inbird

DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000)

Smile

hehe very nice
    Eternal Creatures are not so prudent.

Member since Nov 2001

big-n is just really nice. (+1000) big-n is just really nice. (+1000) big-n is just really nice. (+1000) big-n is just really nice. (+1000) big-n is just really nice. (+1000) big-n is just really nice. (+1000) big-n is just really nice. (+1000) big-n is just really nice. (+1000) big-n is just really nice. (+1000) big-n is just really nice. (+1000) big-n is just really nice. (+1000)

Unhappy

i hate u both...i got a thick frame -side view- the perfect arnold frame ...but i dont want to be big....i want to be like, skinny but with just enough muscle tone to make me look studly...
    again, i hate you both...i guess i should bitch somewhere else..but i thought it was more appropriate here
    6'1" and 180lbs. of pure whoopass
    15.2" biceps (all measurements cold)
    13.8" forearms
    43.25"chest (unflexed) 45" (back flex)
    33" waste
    23" thighs(top) 21"( 6" up)
    15.3"calves
    16" neck
    51" shoulders
    if you wanna get big, you cant be afraid to gain a little weight.
    IF YOU WANNA GET LEAN, YOU CANT BE AFRAID TO LOSE A LITTLE WEIGHT.

Kutulus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if you don't have huge traps you look like a friggin fool

ex_banana-eater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by big-n
    i hate u both...i got a thick frame -side view- the perfect arnold frame ...but i dont want to be big....i want to be like, skinny but with just enough muscle tone to make me look studly...
    again, i hate you both...i guess i should bitch somewhere else..but i thought it was more appropriate here

i have a huge 33 inch waist when i have no fat on me, you can definitely see my obliques but it makes the rest of my body look small because of the thick frame, its ugly how i have the biggest trunk, it makes my arms look small too

seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by ex_banana-eater

i have a huge 33 inch waist when i have no fat on me, you can definitely see my obliques but it makes the rest of my body look small because of the thick frame, its ugly how i have the biggest trunk, it makes my arms look small too
    I know what you mean, man...we suffer from the same problem.

Cuv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Personally, as long as they're in proportion w/ the rest of your muscles it'll look ok. I mean take a look at Goldberg, how intimidating did his traps make him look? Monsterlike, and now look at Brack Lesnar, that guy really looks like a beast with the massive Traps he has. Personally I'd like bigger traps for the beasty look.
    Pain is temporary, PRIDE is FOREVER

BigGunns is just really nice. (+1000) BigGunns is just really nice. (+1000) BigGunns is just really nice. (+1000) BigGunns is just really nice. (+1000) BigGunns is just really nice. (+1000) BigGunns is just really nice. (+1000) BigGunns is just really nice. (+1000) BigGunns is just really nice. (+1000) BigGunns is just really nice. (+1000) BigGunns is just really nice. (+1000) BigGunns is just really nice. (+1000)
    I thought this was a bodybuilding forum. Do you like big arms? Do you like big shoulders? Do you like big legs? And a 33" waist isn't "huge". If you think that then you need to put some more mass on your chest, shoulders, TRAPS, arms, and legs.
    I feel sorry for all those liars out there.

I guess im really lucky that i have wide shoulders (my waste isn't narrow either; 31"s) My shoulders are about 55 inches.
    Anyways im not really buffed since i've been bulking for only 6 months Im about 168 lbs right now, and hope to hit the 170 mark in 2 weeks. Just a lil' background info...
    peace
    Joram ****inbird

Banned user87745477315471972481's Avatar
    user87745477315471972481 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user87745477315471972481 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user87745477315471972481 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user87745477315471972481 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user87745477315471972481 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I think big traps are good, as long as the rest of your body is thickly developed. I remember my traps used to completely overpower everything, especially my shoulders so it looked like a big mound rounding down to my shoulders definitely did not look that impressive.

Big traps are good as long as they are IN PROPORTION to the rest of your body. that's my take on it anyways.

Geeza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geeza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geeza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geeza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geeza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geeza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geeza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geeza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geeza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geeza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geeza has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    well if you dont build then that much it looks stupid when you tense your back cos there is nothing at the top and something at the bottom the ratio would look stupid
    " You say you gave it your all??? but did you did you really??? Now go out there and sweat Blood "

BBJ the daddy!
    the needs of the many out weigh the needs of the guy that can't run fast.