klchan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Twice a Week for Chest Workout

I changed my ches training for once a week to twice a week.
    I notice the growth well.

But the growth seems to be has unconstant growth. It look like it stop for a while and then it starts growing again.

I notice the growth is still slow. Am I overtraining as I read some article saying it needs 7-10 days to recover. But if I train once 1 week, I see minimal result over long period.

Currently, I chest measurement is 36". It's still too small. I really need bigger chest. I take Whey Protein immediately after my workout.

Please advice.

Andrew81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just because you take whey after your work out doesn necessitate that your going to grow. You need the proper rest and eat consistantly all day for growth to occur.
    Really if you can handle two chest workouts a week and recover fast enough, I don't see why you couldn't do it.
    I know personally I switched from two chest workouts a week to one, but in that one I smacked it with alot of volume and intensity and it worked wonders for me, I'm not saying that you have to do it, but you could try it. I hit it with about 10 SETS of 10 reps in a major excersise (any bench, incline, flat, barbell or dumbell) and then do 4 x 6 or 5 x 5 or 3 x 7 with other exercises like flyes and finish with 5 x 10 of raised push ups, I know it sounds crazy, but it works for me.
    One more thought, you could try to vary you grip, you could try wide, moderate of closer, and see what gives you the best burn.
    Oh wait a sec, one more thing. How are you triceps and shouders? Your bench incorporates those muscles in the lift also, so you could try to take a more focused approach to training those muscles, whic hcould lead to a better bench.
    Hope I helped!
    -Andrew

Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I used to train chest twice a week, and a hit a huge plateau for a long time. I started training it once I week, and I was making much better gains. In my opinion large muscles (like chest, legs, and back) should be trained once a week becuase they take longer to recover. Small muscles (like biceps, triceps, forearms, and calves) can be trained twice a week because they don't take as long to recover. I personally train every muscle only once a week.

fido is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fido is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fido is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fido is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fido is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fido is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fido is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fido is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fido is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fido is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fido is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    klchan,
    if you make gains for a while, which then dry up, but then continue again, etc.,
    it may be that you are a "cyclic" gainer
    and there may not necessarily be a flaw in your routine
    just as long as you never go to long without making any gains, which would be a plateau

Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles

Re: Twice a Week for Chest Workout

Originally posted by klchan
    I changed my ches training for once a week to twice a week.
    I notice the growth well.

But the growth seems to be has unconstant growth. It look like it stop for a while and then it starts growing again.

I notice the growth is still slow. Am I overtraining as I read some article saying it needs 7-10 days to recover. But if I train once 1 week, I see minimal result over long period.

Currently, I chest measurement is 36". It's still too small. I really need bigger chest. I take Whey Protein immediately after my workout.

Please advice.
    I don't think the problem is because you only did it once a week which is what you should go back to. Might of been becuase you didnt lift heavy enough or didnt do enoug exercises or enough reps every set.
    Muscles