Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A Crossroads

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Traps are a body part that I love to train. One of the best trap exercises I picked up over the years was on here from "Old Superman" I use it as a finisher on the regular. It's a farmer/shrug combo, given that your traps are already pre exhausted you don't need to go heavy, a light to moderate weight will do. I use a 55lb hex plate because of the handle holes but I have used dumbbells.

Grab your weight, shrug 8 - 12 reps. Without putting the weight down walk it, I like to do about 100 ft

Shrug it again 8- 12, walk it again, repeat and shrug to failure. The key is to not put the weight down.

You can also use a lighter weight and perform this a couple/several times saving the go to failure for the last set. If done properly it will fry your traps. Many folks have seen me do these over the last 10 or 12 years and have incorporated it into their routine. It's a quick one that works well, I did it this morning actually.
    𝓐𝓲𝓻 𝓕𝓸𝓻𝓬𝓮 𝓥𝓮𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓪𝓷 1976 - 1999 - 𝓒𝓪𝓷𝓷𝓪𝓫𝓲𝓼 𝓔𝓷𝓽𝓱𝓾𝓼𝓲𝓪𝓼𝓽 𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮 1960'𝓼

ᖇᗴ丅Ꭵᖇᗴᗪ ᗩ丅 40 ᑕᖇᗴᗯ - ᔕᗝᑕᎥᗩᒪ ᗪᎥᔕ丅ᗩᑎᑕᎥᑎǤ ᗴ᙭ᑭᗴᖇ丅 - ᒪᎥᐯᎥᑎǤ 丅ᕼᗴ ᗪᖇᗴᗩᗰ

ƚo| ɒ ꙅɿɘʞʞuꟻ bᴎɒ ɿɘʞʞuꟻ ꙅᴎuoᴎoɿq ɿɘbᴎɘǫ ɘʜƚ ɘꙅu I

𝕀 𝕕𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕒𝕝𝕨𝕒𝕪𝕤 𝕒𝕘𝕣𝕖𝕖 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕞𝕖𝕞𝕖𝕤 𝕀 𝕡𝕠𝕤𝕥

🄸 🅃🄴🄻🄻 🄸🅃 🄻🄸🄺🄴 🄸🅃 🄸🅂, 🄸🄵 🅈🄾🅄 🅆🄰🄽🅃 🅂🄼🄾🄺🄴 🄱🄻🄾🅆🄽 🅄🄿 🅈🄾🅄🅁 🄰🅂🅂 🄾🅁 🅂🄾🄼🄴🅃🄷🄸🄽🄶 🅂🅄🄶🄰🅁 🄲🄾🄰🅃🄴🄳. 🄸 🅂🅄🄶🄶🄴🅂🅃 🅈🄾🅄 🄶🄴🅃 🄰 🄷🄾🄾🄺🄴🅁 🄰🄽🄳 🄰 🄿🄾🅆🄳🄴🅁🄴🄳 🄳🄾🄽🅄🅃

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    Do a trap exercise every day, 1-2 sets 20-30+ reps. I promise they will blow up.

You’ll thank me in 1-2 months.
    Will add this to my list thanks

Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post
    Figuring out splits by experimenting has always been an interesting part of the training process for me. Takes months and years, so that split might work. Do it for a month.
    Gonna stick with it for a month, back is fine so I can afford to lose a set there and shoulders don't exhaust me so I can do traps at the end. Did shoulders & traps yesterday, took 90 minutes which is long for me.

Originally Posted by Narrator02 View Post
    Traps can handle volume and frequency. 2x a week with 5 sets of 60 reps both days
    Will put on the list

Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    Traps are a body part that I love to train. One of the best trap exercises I picked up over the years was on here from "Old Superman" I use it as a finisher on the regular. It's a farmer/shrug combo, given that your traps are already pre exhausted you don't need to go heavy, a light to moderate weight will do. I use a 55lb hex plate because of the handle holes but I have used dumbbells.

Grab your weight, shrug 8 - 12 reps. Without putting the weight down walk it, I like to do about 100 ft

Shrug it again 8- 12, walk it again, repeat and shrug to failure. The key is to not put the weight down.

You can also use a lighter weight and perform this a couple/several times saving the go to failure for the last set. If done properly it will fry your traps. Many folks have seen me do these over the last 10 or 12 years and have incorporated it into their routine. It's a quick one that works well, I did it this morning actually.
    Old Supe was a legend, seen this done and everybody looks at that person like they got 10 heads.
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Bando View Post
    Traps are lagging, just want to get them back to where they were when I was deadlifting heavy. Current situation doesn't allow me to fight for plates then spend 2 days recovering from heavy deads. Figured "what the hell, I'll just give them their own day." That was nice, did rack deads, trap bar shrugs, military rows, facepulls and seated shrugs, to get them nice and roasted. Thing is that throws everything off by a day so had to do the the back bi's/chest tri's thing which my body never responds to. Now I'm thinking 3 sets traps on shoulder day and 3 sets on back day, in order to keep my dedicated arm/forearm day.

Thoughts?
    I have a love hate relationship with Traps because i get headaches the day after doing them.
    I do them on back day and the total number of sets is 6( 3 front and 3 rear).
    I assumed that they were always done on back day because of where they are located.

Try the "Weider priority training principle" which means *do them first when you are fresh and energized*, since they are lagging.
    Good luck.
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    Come on Ben, this kind of negativity is part of the problem. Who's on this thread?

Me
    You
    Chaz
    LWW
    Mark1T
    Narrator02
    Bando
    Startingat56
    Iron Charles
    Cass40
    Wayne Evans (OK retired from lifting but surely his background makes him beyond question)
    DeadwoodGreg
    HighTide11

I don't know HighTide (giving benefit of the doubt), but would you like to suggest who on this thread isn't lifting regularly, and if that is "most".
    Sure if you wander too widely on this site it goes downhill rapidly, but the >35 is committed training people for the largest part
    Sorry let me clarify that point, i meant to say few lifters on the rest of the site like the Misc section.
    The interest in pro bodybuilding has fallen off a cliff but the 0v 35 still lifts for sure.
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Traps are lagging, just want to get them back to where they were when I was deadlifting heavy. Current situation doesn't allow me to fight for plates then spend 2 days recovering from heavy deads. Figured "what the hell, I'll just give them their own day." That was nice, did rack deads, trap bar shrugs, military rows, facepulls and seated shrugs, to get them nice and roasted. Thing is that throws everything off by a day so had to do the the back bi's/chest tri's thing which my body never responds to. Now I'm thinking 3 sets traps on shoulder day and 3 sets on back day, in order to keep my dedicated arm/forearm day.

Thoughts?
    @bando. As you know, I cant train like I want to. But you do what you can do. A lot of my focus is TUT and mentally feeling what I want out of the contractions. Might sound stupid, but it is what I do. I dont count reps or sets, I have no idea what program I do. I just go in and do what I feel. On day a weight will feel 'heavy' and I struggle and I will just use a lot less weight. Others I am not all that shabby.

Traps, dont forget SOHP with a huge squeeze at the top!

Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    How can you be sad this time of year Chaz? It’s getting warmer and all of the migratory Canadian geese will soon be back in the motherland. Good times!

Time to go do cardio.
    LOVE the warm weather. Makes me happy and feel reborn. SO happy to live in a place where the sun shines as much as it does! Glad to see you kicking too!

@Chaz this place is something unique. I have never once found a place filled with so much love, humor while at the same time an equal amount of hate from some. In my real life, I dont have any negative people. I am lucky that we dont have that in our family. And the people who I can choose to associate with, well, I dont make space in my life for negativity. Here, it is not as easily avoidable. But in some ways it is good. You and I have different approaches. I respect yours and you are always have a positive voice. I have learned to laugh at myself here and at times I will stray from the 'positivity' path and spar a little.

All in all, this place will likely go '404' at some point. I will feel some loss. I will wonder how some are doing. You will be one of those. Lots of very good people here. Hope to see you around for the time being.

If it influences you at all, I can post more pictures of myself to convince you to stay.
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by x-trainer ben View Post
    I am not sure that most of the posters even lift.
    I joined in 2008 and I have been hearing this familiar refrain ever since then. Nobody lifts and the board used to be much better in the halcyon days of yore. At any given point in time, it seems that the board was always better about 5 years ago. That seems to be the amount of time needed to fully coat those past memories in a lovely shade of rose.

In fact, it seems less negative to me now than in years past where it seemed like every thread was either a descent into ridiculous drama, political fights, or regulars sh!tting all over newbs just for the hell of it. It doesn't seem worse to me and in many ways it seems better (in terms of negativity), but I suppose that is in the eye of the beholder.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Karl_Hungus View Post
    I joined in 2008 and I have been hearing this familiar refrain ever since then. Nobody lifts and the board used to be much better in the halcyon days of yore. At any given point in time, it seems that the board was always better about 5 years ago. That seems to be the amount of time needed to fully coat those past memories in a lovely shade of rose.

In fact, it seems less negative to me now than in years past where it seemed like every thread was either a descent into ridiculous drama, political fights, or regulars sh!tting all over newbs just for the hell of it. It doesn't seem worse to me and in many ways it seems better (in terms of negativity), but I suppose that is in the eye of the beholder.
    Agreed. This O35 is tame compared to years ago. Now, people making false reports about other members if their feeling are hurt, instead of for legitimate reasons. So, loyalty to a website for years isn't even taken into consideration.
    Last edited by Mark1T; 04-04-2023 at 08:12 AM.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz
    Yeah honestly, there was a lot more drama here 15 years ago. And people getting banned for it on the regular.

Have a blessed, blustery day.

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Chaz, the wolfpac is for life, brah.

There are no crossroads......

For life!
    Authentic Knights Swing Heavy Steel and Have Hands and Wrists of Steel!

Anti-Traditional Programs, Student of Instinct Training

"The Muscle Feds Itself"- LWW

"Riley [LAST NAME]............"

I agree with you mostly but when you leave the 0v35, it is a completely different animal.
    I had my political fights here with DBX but we all were mostly supportive and sometimes debated optimal training strategies.
    Venture to the rest of the site for context.

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have a love hate relationship with Traps because i get headaches the day after doing them.
    I do them on back day and the total number of sets is 6( 3 front and 3 rear).
    Tell me the difference between front traps and rear traps

Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    A lot of my focus is TUT and mentally feeling what I want out of the contractions. Might sound stupid, but it is what I do.
    This is what I'm doing for chest, talk about sore. Slow controlled reps with 70 lb dumbells hit way harder than jacking the 100's around.

It is the same movement(up/down) but i have seen several pros (J Cutler) vary hand placement on the bar (close/shoulder/wide grip) and use a smith machine with a loose grip.
    You stand in front of the bar for 3sets and stand behind it for 3 more.
    To execute it, you grip the bar standing in front with arms behind you( bar at ass level) and shrug up, behind you.

As for the slow part, i have been watching Hany Rambod train his guys and he always slows them down saying "down slow"( 3-4) seconds.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...tail&FORM=VIRE

Tell me the difference between front traps and rear traps

This is what I'm doing for chest, talk about sore. Slow controlled reps with 70 lb dumbells hit way harder than jacking the 100's around.

You mind pointing out those controversial statements that warrant a flagging, Ben? Did I threaten you? How many knock-down, drag out fights do members here have every single day in the years past and present and where there are/were no bans or flagging? But, now, people like you, use your influence with a mod, to use posts that you merely disagree with and that were not even close to being harmful or threatening, as a weapon against anyone who hurts your feelings.

You say "controversial," as if a controversial statement is illegal or against rules or a threat. Where is the evidence??? There are dozens of controversial statements on this site per day, if not hundreds. You have turned into a real snowflake and instead of defending yourself, you use mods to get rid of people who have been here loyally for years. Since 2004, I have always respected bodybuilding.com and have been a loyal customer, as well.

Did you also ask the mod my information so you can dox me?

Another thing. I do not know you and you do not know me. You sure get your panties in a wad as if anyone knows you.

For me, I can defend myself and I have never broken the rules here.
    Mark, chill, i don't know any mods since Iceman was part of the ov 35 forum.
    I didnt do anything, we always got along great and i have no reason to do anything.
    You have always been respectful and i am a grown ass man with no time for this, keep searching.
    I don't know what doxxing is.
    It is someone else.

"You have turned into a real snowflake and instead of defending yourself"

Nah bro i love confrontation and debate, but it still wasn't me i got no beef with you.

Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nobody gets banned here anymore so you can say what you always wanted now

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Mark, chill, i don't know any mods since Iceman was part of the ov 35 forum.
    I didnt do anything, we always got along great and i have no reason to do anything.
    You have always been respectful and i am a grown ass man with no time for this, keep searching.
    I don't know what doxxing is.
    It is someone else.

"You have turned into a real snowflake and instead of defending yourself"

Nah bro i love confrontation and debate, but it still wasn't me i got no beef with you.
    Ok, Ben. I appreciate the post. You are correct. We have been friends. The timing took me by surprise. I will delete my post.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

Originally Posted by Cass40 View Post
    Nobody gets banned here anymore so you can say what you always wanted now

Ok, Ben. I appreciate the post. You are correct. We have been friends. The timing took me by surprise. I will delete my post.
    All good here, btw wtf is doxxing?
    Never heard of it, i must be ov35,lol.

We're good, Ben. I was in over-drive today

7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Posting private or identifying information about someone on the Internet.
    "it's likely one of us will have to spend some days alone"

startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ChazWood View Post
    I started coming here over 10 years ago to learn aboot training protocols, nutrition, supplementation, and considered the place a valuable resource. As a bonus I gained inspiration from peeps, had some lulz, and even made a few friendships.

I'm finding lately that the place has become predominantly negative - at least from my POV. I'm aware that all things change and that's cool. However, I'm feeling that the negativity is suboptimal and it's prolly time to move on, but maybe I'm not the only one finding the place too negative, so why not make a thread to maybe gain some further insight. What's the worst that can happen?

Whatever happens, I still love u guys. Even my fellow dip$hits.

Apologies for cutting into the traps discussion (but thanks for some great advice/options)

CW, I joined BB.com 10 years ago as well. It was about three years till I posted in OV35. At that time it moved pretty fast unlike today. I have never given reps for two reasons. I actually don't know how because I never looked. I don't approve of likes, reps, or anything of the sort. I think the process is detrimental to society, and I think one can see it's impact on societies weakest of mind.

I see you as a student of the human condition. Class has not been dismissed yet.

That's as close to a rep as I'll get
    I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
    (Marshall McLuhan)

weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    How can you be sad this time of year Chaz? It’s getting warmer and all of the migratory Canadian geese will soon be back in the motherland. Good times!
    yes, it is getting warmer, summer is coming. Every time it comes, it zip past like a speeding train and gone. And we get older by another year.

It is the same movement(up/down) but i have seen several pros (J Cutler) vary hand placement on the bar (close/shoulder/wide grip) and use a smith machine with a loose grip.
    You stand in front of the bar for 3sets and stand behind it for 3 more.
    To execute it, you grip the bar standing in front with arms behind you( bar at ass level) and shrug up, behind you.
    Yeah I can't shrug with a straight bar, my arm length means I would drag it across my nuts

DB's and trap bar I can shrug fine.

Yeah I can't shrug with a straight bar, my arm length means I would drag it across my nuts

DB's and trap bar I can shrug fine.
    Whatever works for ya, just do them behind you and in front.
    That was the idea.

ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by IronCharles View Post
    This is one of the few remaining places that isn't under pressure by the cancel culture snowflakes to censor open thought. And the basis for that is the resilience and inner strength required by bodybuilding. People with the inherent drive for self improvement and self enlightenment aren't easily swayed by the politically correct sheeple mentality of those who aren't innovative thinkers and must follow the crowd, searching for acceptance and identity.

In other words: Get off our lawn. And take your languid sycophants with you. And find a gym near you, and learn what it means to be truly empowered.
    I love you man. (no homerZ)
    My sentiments exactly.

What I joined up here for, is gone.
    What I stayed for, is gone.
    Now I mostly lurk out of gross fascination, like a ghoul of a driver stopping to look at a wreck.
    Bodybuilding is my passion. To watch the true nature of it become incomprehensible to most and the rest of it poisoned by greed and vanity disgusts me.
    To watch my beloved forum, where once I blossomed, learned and transformed myself from a wannabe to an actual real life competitive on-stage drug tested bodybuilder...to become something that is simply disappointing.
    I was a die hard. But the numbers were too much, the arguing, e-fights, and general negativity is just a complete waste of time.

I simply DGAF about politics and religion, and no one really gives a f*ck what I think, so there's no use arguing...on the internet...with a bunch of strangers...who can only see their differences, rather than what they have in common.

Imo, if you want this cesspool, then have it.
    People like IronCharles, Bando, Flex, IronWill2008 and so many others through the years know that this sh*t is all heart.
    No bb.com needed.

and Bando
    if you're traps need work its cuz ur deads suck
    only prima donnas and gym divas train them directly.
    Noob!

ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm still mostly wondering why tf I love u dip$hits butt every once in a while I'm reminded why and that more than offsets the often mystifying confusion. In truth, I try not to think aboot it too much.

All I have to offer in kind is a journey through the Amazon jungle as told by an Explorer of Wonder. Close your eyes and listen to his stories and accounts of pure, beautiful and violent nature, and let your imaginations wander.

Or don't.

and I'm still totally doing the put up or shut up thread butt first I gotta get some quality time in the sun. The old grey wolfhound looks better with a tan.

eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Cass40 View Post
    Greetings!
    Welcome to NATO.
    RWGFY

"I'd rather go down the river with seven studs than with a hundred shytheads"
    - COL Charles Beckwith

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Truth! We don't have a small group of power mad zealots who would ban at the drop of a hat because someone posted a fukkin Winnie the Pooh pic. I do wish we had 1 single thread where LWW and the clowns who feed him could post their @sses off and keep all their bull$hit to that 1 thread instead of migrating and flinging their chimpanzee $hit everywhere.
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by eomrat View Post
    Welcome to NATO.
    Thank you!

🥋 A Karate Kid age 64 🔥 Samraiwise's Avatar
    Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz
    Dear Chaz,

Feel you brother.

Basically, I'm OK with whatever is happening to the site/forum as long as my good friends are still around and in good spirits.

Lately, I noticed that I became pickier when it comes to making new friends.

Maybe it's the immune system that protects my mind from outside negativity.

There are plenty of good samples of antigens, especially in baby-misc to produce antibodies against them.

Anyway, really glad that you made this thread first instead of a farewell thread, I really am. *bow*

- Kaz
    🌺 Lauren Brooks Kelly (snailsrus) - Jul 25, 1991 – Jan 29, 2022
    Thread: RIP Snails : https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=181070293&page=100

⭐ Samurai Break: 140kg(308lb) Failed Bench Press Recovery Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8eIkpZ29u0
    ⭐ Over 35 Journals > Samurai, Without Ever Having Felt Sorry For Itself:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4832373&page=200
    📌 Please Call me Kaz, a 64-year-old 🥋 Karate Kid in Tokyo.

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Still find all sorts of little bits and pieces of info I can use. The most useful information I have gathered is about dieting and calories etc, and how to sneak in volume and manage it without killing myself. I am also OK with less drama, having been involved with it a time or two, dont need it.

I feel the OV35 is a reflection of what I am seeing myself....there is only a small handful of people at this age or older in the strength and conditioning room at my gym, most of them stick to the machines. So it does not surprise me that that age group is running dry. Rarely do I see anyone my age who has a "look like you lift" physique.

Traps...I do a ton of power snatch and clean complexes (sneaking in high pulls and RDL+shrugs) (at low weights) plus farmers carries which are a good finish.
    Please record my time/reps if I pass out