Location: They call it Stormy Monday, baby. But Tuesday's just as bad.
    Jandy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jandy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jandy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jandy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jandy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jandy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jandy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jandy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jandy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jandy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jandy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Need advice to perfect split.

I've near perfected my split, but I'd like to get some more opinions on it, especially the arm day which I'm a bit worried about.

And please don't say this is overtraining, I've made the hugest gains I've ever seen with this workout so far, but I think my arms are slightly lagging.

day1
    back/traps
    Deadlift 3 sets
    Wide-grip pullups 3 sets
    Close-grip chinups 3 sets
    Bent-Over Rows 3 sets
    Shrugs 3 sets
    Total sets: 15

day2
    chest/shoulder
    Bench 3 sets
    Incline Bench 3 sets
    Parallel Bar Dips 3 sets
    Shoulder Press 3 sets
    Side Laterals 3 sets
    Reverse Flys 3 sets
    Total sets: 18

day3
    abs/forearms
    Swiss ball crunches 3 sets
    Leg Lifts 3 sets
    Weighted Decline Crunches 3 sets
    Wrist Curls 3 supersets w/
    Reverse Wrist curls

day4
    Legs
    Squat 3 sets
    Leg Press 4 sets
    Stiff-Legged Deadlifts 3 sets
    Standing Calf Raises 4 sets
    Total Sets: 14

day5
    Bis/Tris
    Standing EZ-bar curls 2 sets
    Hammer Curls 2 sets
    Preacher Curls 2 sets
    Close-Grip Bench 3 sets
    Skullcrushers 3 sets
    total sets: 12

74 sets a week

I'm mainly concerned about the choice of volume and exercises on arm day. I know the tri's exercises are probably the best two out there, but what I'm unsure of preacher, they give a nice pump, but I've heard bad things about their effectiveness

I'm also concerned about the volume of leg day

Opinions overall?

Btw, during chinups, pullups, and parallel bar dips... if you exceed 10 reps.. (I do almost 18 for my first on dips and almost 20 on wg pullups) is it time to by one of those belts that attaches weight?

me:
    Attached Images
    http://www.********.com/raceyouthere

Location: Walsall, West Midlands, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    leg day looks fine except that i prefer summat like front squats instead of leg press.

dips are also one of the best tricep exercises out there. u mite not need them tho.

i always use back work as part of my bicep routine so i cant really comment with authority. incline curls may help you out tho. pullups and chins good also for biceps but u do them on back day.

omariok2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) omariok2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) omariok2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) omariok2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) omariok2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) omariok2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) omariok2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) omariok2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) omariok2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) omariok2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) omariok2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Re: Need advice to perfect split.

Originally posted by Jandy
    I've near perfected my split, but I'd like to get some more opinions on it, especially the arm day which I'm a bit worried about.

And please don't say this is overtraining, I've made the hugest gains I've ever seen with this workout so far, but I think my arms are slightly lagging.

day1
    back/traps
    Deadlift 3 sets
    Wide-grip pullups 3 sets
    Close-grip chinups 3 sets
    Bent-Over Rows 3 sets
    Shrugs 3 sets

day2
    chest/shoulder
    Bench 3 sets
    Incline Bench 3 sets
    Parallel Bar Dips 3 sets
    Shoulder Press 3 sets
    Side Laterals 3 sets
    Reverse Flys 3 sets
    Total sets: 18

day3
    abs/forearms
    Swiss ball crunches 3 sets
    Leg Lifts 3 sets
    Weighted Decline Crunches 3 sets
    Wrist Curls 3 supersets w/
    Reverse Wrist curls

day4
    Legs
    Squat 3 sets
    Leg Press 4 sets
    Stiff-Legged Deadlifts 3 sets
    Standing Calf Raises 4 sets
    Total Sets: 14

day5
    Bis/Tris
    Standing EZ-bar curls 2 sets
    Hammer Curls 2 sets
    Preacher Curls 2 sets
    Close-Grip Bench 3 sets
    Skullcrushers 3 sets
    total sets: 12

74 sets a week

I'm mainly concerned about the choice of volume and exercises on arm day. I know the tri's exercises are probably the best two out there, but what I'm unsure of preacher, they give a nice pump, but I've heard bad things about their effectiveness

I'm also concerned about the volume of leg day

Opinions overall?

Btw, during chinups, pullups, and parallel bar dips... if you exceed 10 reps.. (I do almost 18 for my first on dips and almost 20 on wg pullups) is it time to by one of those belts that attaches weight?

me:

ok well just fyi there is no such thing as the perfect split you will have to vary things ever 6-8 weeks to keep yourself growing..

now your back day looks solid
    so does your chest and shoulder
    and your abs and foreamrs are good too

the volume on your legs is fine in fact you might want to throw in leg curls at the end to hit your hammies more that would eb a smart move IMO and instead of squats3 and leg press 4 make it the other way around so that you squat for 4 sets

your arms are fine but id suggest having straight bbcurls in there instead of ezbar and for you to ditch the preachurs for something else
    also add in one more set of skullcrushers and i think youll be fine

yes you do need a belt if you can do that many..some peolpe say you can just hold a db between your feet but i dont get how you could focus on the lift when doing that

other than that you look set to go
    Every day you get better or worse, which one did you do today? -unknown

WARNING: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything your supposed to read? Do you think everything your supposed to think? Buy what your told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masterbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove your alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned......

Swedish dude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swedish dude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swedish dude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swedish dude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swedish dude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swedish dude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swedish dude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swedish dude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swedish dude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swedish dude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swedish dude has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The routine looks very good IMO.
    It's almost identical to the one I am using right now and that I started 1 week ago.
    I have the same problem as you with arm day. I do not want to exceed 6 sets for biceps and triceps.
    I like preacher curls to,(dumbells), but tehy are not that good for developing mass. I would prolly do 2 sets bb curl, 2 sets hammer curls and 2 sets dumbell curls. total of 6 sets.

On the tricep I would just keep the routine that you have.
    I will do 3 sets dips, 2 sets CG bench, 1 final set of rope pushdown to tear the **** out of my outer head of the tricep.

GL to ya man and keep us posted
    peace

Jandy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jandy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jandy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jandy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jandy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jandy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jandy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jandy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jandy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jandy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jandy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Stick with a 5day if you can make it work for you man, I went from the picture attached below to the one up top in 2 or so months with this split

and in a couple months I'll post some new pics that might shock people with the insane progress I've been making in such a short time (and I've been lifting for awhile!)
    Attached Images

up

beau_zo_brehm is on a distinguished road. (+10) beau_zo_brehm is on a distinguished road. (+10) beau_zo_brehm is on a distinguished road. (+10) beau_zo_brehm is on a distinguished road. (+10) beau_zo_brehm is on a distinguished road. (+10) beau_zo_brehm is on a distinguished road. (+10) beau_zo_brehm is on a distinguished road. (+10) beau_zo_brehm is on a distinguished road. (+10) beau_zo_brehm is on a distinguished road. (+10) beau_zo_brehm is on a distinguished road. (+10) beau_zo_brehm is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    for triceps i like tricep extensions either 1 handed or 2 handed, for biceps concentration curls work really good