Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jaxqen View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bioavailability

Poliquin said a lot of crazy stuff.
    If one would take all the supplements recommended by Poliquin, he will need an extra room for all those supplements.

I do agree with this.
    Ha ha, still have no idea what you’re saying by “bioavailability” in layman’s terms do you?

It can literally cure an ulcer, maybe you can google/wiki that and revise your statement?

Again, if you have better credentials (or even a thousandth of the success in that field) of Charles, I’ll acknowledge it and never use glutamine again. Until then, going with the best in the field.

ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That wiki link is layman's terms.

https://examine.com/supplements/glutamine/

Why is he the best in the field?
    I assume you also take all the other supps he recommends?
    his london real interview is available on youtube. the first 2 minutes brian rose goes over a list of what he's known for. guy was an encyclopedia AND put his money where his mouth is (while producing a ridiculous amount of olympic medal winners).

He worked with some top athletes in the S&C field, OK.

My question still stands: I assume you also take all the other tens of supplements he recommends?

Also, how do you feel glutamine works? If you stop taking it, do you notice anything different?
    I don’t take everything he recommended no

I did begin taking creatine when I first read an article from him…in 1994. No one even heard of creatine at the time. Same thing with supplementing d3 in higher doses 5000iu’s a day in 2007. That was unheard of but Poliquin was always a step ahead. Everything from popularizing GVT to using nootropics and fish oil before it became big in the bodybuilding community. Everyone else pretty much followed along.

And glutamine I used high doses to cure my ulcer (took less than two months). Doc had me on nexium and an antibiotic at one point. What those didn’t accomplish glutamine did. You won’t hear me say it doesn’t work, even my doctor was impressed.

TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    He worked with some top athletes in the S&C field, OK.

My question still stands: I assume you also take all the other tens of supplements he recommends?

Also, how do you feel glutamine works? If you stop taking it, do you notice anything different?
    Glutamine is one of the most abundant amino acids, but it's also the first amino to deplete. Our amino pools are never satisfied, and if someone tells you they're getting enough amino acids from their diet they're either lying or just don't have a clue

The late Charles Poliquin knew what he was doing, he built champions
    alienshave.com - Shave Smarter

steve@alienshave.com

BMBC - Master Level - Worldwide

Original 999,999k Crew

BCAAs Bring all the Boys to the Yard

TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Great thread to review if you have time

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...ne+thefugitive

steve@alienshave.com

Original 999,999k Crew

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Fairlife chocolate milk. Maybe with creatine in it once per day.

Not wasting money on the rest

And does it really help muscle repair/building? Or is just 'eated' by the intestines & co, because of the low bioavailability?
    No idea about the ulcer, since my post was only about muscle repair. If it helped with ManWittaPlan's ulcer, great!

Not commenting about aminos/bcaa/eaa since I never took them. I remember one of your posts and you have a good opinion about them intra or post workout, if I remember correctly. Maybe I'll try them sometime.

It was a long time ago I watched videos of him, so maybe I don't remember all of it... but Poliquin had some crazy ideas like "take these 40-60 caps intra workout". 40 caps! And many more after the workout. "If you eat carbs, you will get fat"
    Maybe he was ahead of his time with some stuff.
    Gironda was too with some stuff. With others, not so much... I'll rather roid than eat 30 raw eggs daily, just saying!

Will read that thread, thanks!
    Anything that helps you heal helps muscle heal. No it won’t give you slabs of muscle, roadmap vascularity or turn your body into a fat burning furnace but yes it will help healing and recovery…hence it being a recovery supplement.

Poliquins “crazy” pill popping video was something else…he actually wanted you taking 2-3 caps between sets so by the end of the training session you’re at around 40 caps. If you took it as straight powder in water the equivalent would be about two tablespoons, around the same serving size as a lot of peri workout drinks. He wasn’t a fan of sweeteners that’s why he suggested capsules. He didn’t like filler.

Gironda was waaaay ahead of his time, if you ever fatten up in the winter like I do and wanna see your abs fast look into the steak and eggs diet.

Hope this clears up any misconceptions!

Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post

The late Charles Poliquin knew what he was doing, he built champions
    Success leaves clues

Originally Posted by ManwittaPlan View Post
    Success leaves clues
    He turned science into reality

steve@alienshave.com

Original 999,999k Crew

AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Team Punishment View Post
    Yet your virgin ass is still on the bb.com supplement section after all these years lying to kids to sell them sh*t supplements. Log off this site for once and take your dick out of the wrapper and use it.
    Ya know, I was just thinking about you the other day dad. Thought of the BPI-sponsored litter box and had a giggle.

TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Creatine timing might matter in terms of washout if you are an elite bodybuilder.

But if you are some average ****ing joe working out, you aren't gonna be concerned with washout. And loading is ****ing stupid. I don't care what anecdotal evidence you provide from a trainer.

Science doesn't lie. And it doesn't give a **** what your "feelings" are. Your body cannot absorb 20 grams a day "to saturate", it will use what it can (usually around 5 grams) and the rest gets pissed out.

So unless you want your creatinine levels to be stupid for no damn reason, just use 5 grams.

And Glutamine does have ****ty oral bioavailbilty, it doesn't do well in an acid solution.
    Krispy Kreme Krew Forever.
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity.

Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TMac26 View Post
    Creatine timing might matter in terms of washout if you are an elite bodybuilder.

But if you are some average ****ing joe working out, you aren't gonna be concerned with washout. And loading is ****ing stupid. I don't care what anecdotal evidence you provide from a trainer.

Science doesn't lie. And it doesn't give a **** what your "feelings" are. Your body cannot absorb 20 grams a day "to saturate", it will use what it can (usually around 5 grams) and the rest gets pissed out.

So unless you want your creatinine levels to be stupid for no damn reason, just use 5 grams.

And Glutamine does have ****ty oral bioavailbilty, it doesn't do well in an acid solution.
    He's right, You know ^

He turned science into reality
    And this is why I’ll only follow the advice of the best in the field.

Originally Posted by ManwittaPlan View Post
    And this is why I’ll only follow the advice of the best in the field.
    You know you're good when every professional athlete is knocking on your door

steve@alienshave.com

Original 999,999k Crew

TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Lets not forget "extras" that pro athletes are doing.

When you add in that, it skews the chart a good bit. They have different needs for supplementation than your average gym goer.
    Krispy Kreme Krew Forever.
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity.

Originally Posted by TMac26 View Post
    Lets not forget "extras" that pro athletes are doing.

When you add in that, it skews the chart a good bit. They have different needs for supplementation than your average gym goer.
    Yeah...I mean we all apparently love to see juiced to the gills 'whatever it takes' bros on the protein powder and creatine labels pretending that is how and why they got where they are...but let's remember what it takes to get to those elite levels for, again let's be real, probably 99% of them. And it's more than creatine or glutamine

You know you're good when every professional athlete is knocking on your door
    Correct!!!

Iron sharpens iron.

Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Exclamation

Please read the forum rules before posting on this topic.
    Last edited by devilbones; 09-05-2021 at 10:09 AM.