Location: Call a jack a jack. Call a spade a spade. But always call a whore a lady. Their lives are hard enough, and it never hurts to be polite., Antarctica
    conics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) conics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) conics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) conics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) conics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) conics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) conics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) conics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) conics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) conics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) conics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Exclamation Need advice for CS jobs (reps, GTFIH)

graduated in cs back in may 2020. Didn't really start applying till a few months ago. I applied to help desk positions and got a job in there for 30k/year. I know it's kind of embarrassing a cs grad. But this is temporary and I am not really well at coding. never had a job before or internship. I need advice on what i can do after this job, as the contract is only 4 months. I am hoping to level up from this somehow.

My friend was saying to get a job in cybersecurity or learn linux and get something linux related such as system admin/etc. I honestly don't want to make a lot of money and don't want a high stress job so making 60-70k starting out and moving up is fine and peaking out at 90-100k is good enough for me.

I basically need advice as I just turned 27 right now and I am trying to use my cs degree except I suck at coding so don't really want a software engineering job/coding related. Although, my friend was telling me to try out web dev such as html/css/javascript etc. I was good at assembly language as well.

So, I am basically want to know is working at this help desk job fine as at least I don't have a lot of gap year/s and am working somewhat related to cs although i think anyone can do this call center job. But I do want to level up and make more money than this obvs and how can i use my cs degree if i don't like coding, what can i learn/put in effort to so i can get that job with the amount of money i want to make.
    I don't check my CP, IDC about reps/negs

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ RIP Zyzz, The Father Of Aesthetics. 1989 -2011. Forever in our hearts ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

5tfihsmgidarap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 5tfihsmgidarap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 5tfihsmgidarap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 5tfihsmgidarap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 5tfihsmgidarap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 5tfihsmgidarap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 5tfihsmgidarap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 5tfihsmgidarap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 5tfihsmgidarap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 5tfihsmgidarap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 5tfihsmgidarap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Holy **** are you me from the future lol, struggling to get an internship rn I have an interview Monday but idk how it will go

Location: Call a jack a jack. Call a spade a spade. But always call a whore a lady. Their lives are hard enough, and it never hurts to be polite., Antarctica
    conics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) conics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) conics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) conics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) conics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) conics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) conics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) conics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) conics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) conics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) conics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by NeighbaHOOD View Post
    that field is so oversaturated

there was even a comedy movie made about it (****ing funny too)

become a tradie
    ya man everyone wants to do CS or is in cs and can't get jobs. but at my school they are making it harder meaning failing more kids earlier.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ RIP Zyzz, The Father Of Aesthetics. 1989 -2011. Forever in our hearts ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

lockdev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lockdev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lockdev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lockdev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lockdev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lockdev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lockdev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lockdev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lockdev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lockdev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lockdev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

become a tradie
    It's pretty extreme at the college grad level right now, but that happens this time of year, every year. This is also the time of year where every salty CS grad and their bunkie posts about the CS field being "oversaturated".

We get inundated with resumes at my job from recent CS grads for junior positions this time of year, but not during the rest.

For senior positions, we're lucky to get 1 or 2 qualified applicants for every job posting, and I work at a Fortune 500 company that advertises these jobs.

It's a great career but you have to get some experience under your belt to make it easier to get a job. Nobody likes to hire new developers because you fuks take so cot dayum long to learn what they didn't teach you in school. Srs. A lot of new developers also bail after a year or two, so you're basically hiring someone to train them for the next company.

OP: If you can't find a job right away, don't worry. You're competing against every other CS grad that finishes in May. Wait a couple months and try again when the job market has less candidates.
    Misc Entrepreneur Crew

Dogkrack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dogkrack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dogkrack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dogkrack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dogkrack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dogkrack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dogkrack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dogkrack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dogkrack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dogkrack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dogkrack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    dont worry bro. the kid sniffer definitly wont increase h1bs. lmao

Liberal3lite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liberal3lite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liberal3lite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liberal3lite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liberal3lite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liberal3lite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liberal3lite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liberal3lite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liberal3lite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liberal3lite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liberal3lite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Supposedly cybersecurity is your best bet but I really don't know for sure.

I was going to suggest maybe making a mobile game or app for the experience, but since you don't like coding, that's not an option.
    It was all just satire. Sorry if I offended anyone with my trolling and sickening posts. Peace and love to everyone.

Registered User ElectronicsBrah's Avatar
    ElectronicsBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ElectronicsBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ElectronicsBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ElectronicsBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ElectronicsBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ElectronicsBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ElectronicsBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ElectronicsBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ElectronicsBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ElectronicsBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ElectronicsBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by conics View Post
    graduated in cs back in may 2020. Didn't really start applying till a few months ago. I applied to help desk positions and got a job in there for 30k/year. I know it's kind of embarrassing a cs grad. But this is temporary and I am not really well at coding. never had a job before or internship. I need advice on what i can do after this job, as the contract is only 4 months. I am hoping to level up from this somehow.

My friend was saying to get a job in cybersecurity or learn linux and get something linux related such as system admin/etc. I honestly don't want to make a lot of money and don't want a high stress job so making 60-70k starting out and moving up is fine and peaking out at 90-100k is good enough for me.

I basically need advice as I just turned 27 right now and I am trying to use my cs degree except I suck at coding so don't really want a software engineering job/coding related. Although, my friend was telling me to try out web dev such as html/css/javascript etc. I was good at assembly language as well.

So, I am basically want to know is working at this help desk job fine as at least I don't have a lot of gap year/s and am working somewhat related to cs although i think anyone can do this call center job. But I do want to level up and make more money than this obvs and how can i use my cs degree if i don't like coding, what can i learn/put in effort to so i can get that job with the amount of money i want to make.
    The only job that makes sense for you given what you posted is a job in an IT department somewhere. Without any desire to code or apply your skills to a software development environment, that may be the only way to go.

Here's another thing. You don't "have" to get a job in Computer Science. Many of my peers over the years didn't have EE / CompE degree's like I do and they turned out fine. Do what you want.

Goodguy03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goodguy03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goodguy03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goodguy03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goodguy03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goodguy03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goodguy03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goodguy03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goodguy03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goodguy03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goodguy03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    go into business for yourself

SevenFigures is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SevenFigures is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SevenFigures is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SevenFigures is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SevenFigures is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SevenFigures is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SevenFigures is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SevenFigures is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SevenFigures is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SevenFigures is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SevenFigures is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What's your location? Entry level market is impossible to get hired right now. I'm in the same boat. About to graduate in May but can't get any interviews.

Black Lives Matter elterrible987's Avatar
    elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

become a tradie

movie name?

Liberal3lite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liberal3lite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liberal3lite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liberal3lite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liberal3lite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liberal3lite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liberal3lite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liberal3lite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liberal3lite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liberal3lite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liberal3lite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SevenFigures View Post
    What's your location? Entry level market is impossible to get hired right now. I'm in the same boat. About to graduate in May but can't get any interviews.
    And they still keep spouting on about how everyone should #learntocode.

All this crap is about oversaturating the job market and driving wages down. I wish I had studied EE instead. Every EE major in my area had no problem finding a job.
    It was all just satire. Sorry if I offended anyone with my trolling and sickening posts. Peace and love to everyone.

darscogre is just really nice. (+1000) darscogre is just really nice. (+1000) darscogre is just really nice. (+1000) darscogre is just really nice. (+1000) darscogre is just really nice. (+1000) darscogre is just really nice. (+1000) darscogre is just really nice. (+1000) darscogre is just really nice. (+1000) darscogre is just really nice. (+1000) darscogre is just really nice. (+1000) darscogre is just really nice. (+1000)

If you are looking to stay on the Infrastructure side then Network or Security Engineering is the best route. Architecting and Designing Servers either Windows or Linux or both. Or on the Wide Area Network side, building Routers (typically Cisco). Both ends have their security aspects as well. So a good Network Engineer or Cisco Engineer will typically also have strong security skills if he wants to be more valuable. With everything going more and more to the cloud Linux Engineering is a good starting point to get into DevOps cloud work. Which is really where the whole IT industry is going. Even that has its Security aspects too. Its now called DevSecOps, which deals with setting up the cloud security once everything gets deployed to the cloud. Right now the big cloud based platforms are AWS, Azure and Google Cloud.
    In my humble opinion Cloud Based Engineering is the best way to go.
    So my advice would be to start off learning Linux or Windows Engineering and leverage that knowledge to Cloud work (DevOps or DevSecOps).

based on actual events jtaylor2010's Avatar
    jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What classes did you like in school, and what do you feel that you have the most experience in? I don’t like coding either, and always thought I would probably end up in networking but landed in security and really enjoy it. Whatever area you want to jump to next, try to see all of your time in your current role through that lens to increase experience and be able to sound knowledgeable in your upcoming interviews. Also, you need to be networking as much as possible. There will be a lot of people with little experience applying for the same jobs you’ll be applying for so knowing the right person could make all the difference in the world.
    +positive crew+
    -we all gonna make it, but what it is is up to you crew
    -all things in moderation, even political views crew
    -support local farms crew
    -try to do at least one good deed/day crew
    -less cursing the darkness and more lighting candles crew

BulkingIsHard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BulkingIsHard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BulkingIsHard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BulkingIsHard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BulkingIsHard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BulkingIsHard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BulkingIsHard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BulkingIsHard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BulkingIsHard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BulkingIsHard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BulkingIsHard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    lolol just #learntocode

I keep telling people the degree is "useless" and the field is aids when you're at the entry level

become a tradie
    post movie sounds interesting

Originally Posted by lockdev View Post
    It's pretty extreme at the college grad level right now, but that happens this time of year, every year. This is also the time of year where every salty CS grad and their bunkie posts about the CS field being "oversaturated".

We get inundated with resumes at my job from recent CS grads for junior positions this time of year, but not during the rest.

For senior positions, we're lucky to get 1 or 2 qualified applicants for every job posting, and I work at a Fortune 500 company that advertises these jobs.

It's a great career but you have to get some experience under your belt to make it easier to get a job. Nobody likes to hire new developers because you fuks take so cot dayum long to learn what they didn't teach you in school. Srs. A lot of new developers also bail after a year or two, so you're basically hiring someone to train them for the next company.

OP: If you can't find a job right away, don't worry. You're competing against every other CS grad that finishes in May. Wait a couple months and try again when the job market has less candidates.
    Wrong, it's saturated all the time
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_decline
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Societal_collapse#By_absorption

Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Network, even if it means working for free. Ded srs, who you know matters more than anything. Good relationships with kind people saved me many times in my career. And doing your best at what you’re doing at all times gives those kind people something to work with when they elevate you.
    I've been seeing the past in one eye and the present in the other. So, I thought I could only see patches of reality, never the whole picture. I felt like I was watching a dream I could never wake up from. Before I knew it, the dream was over.

friesbruh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) friesbruh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) friesbruh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) friesbruh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) friesbruh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) friesbruh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) friesbruh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) friesbruh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) friesbruh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) friesbruh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) friesbruh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    wood recommend taking the job for 30k and in that time getting your N+, Sec+ and eventually CCNA & others.

Should be sitting at around $50-60k with all those certs under your belt and some experience.
    Bills crew / Bud Light crew / extra onion crew / M&P crew / lcp2 crew / ap3 crew / Trump crew / mcdonalds app crew / cat-owner crew / Tin Cup crew / self-checkout crew / country music crew / RIP snails crew

Originally Posted by lockdev View Post

i understand what ur saying bro but i graduated in may 2020 and just started applying now and got my it help desk job. but as i said the other problem is i feel like as u said my school didnt teach me sht, i don't even know how to code which is why i dont want a coding related job or actually have to learn it on my own

Black Lives Matter elterrible987's Avatar
    elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My CS friend seemed pretty miserable hadnt talked to him in a while, he worked for a defense contractor for like 10 years and never got put on a project that required a clearance so never got one and quit that and works at some new company he also doesnt seem to like. idk what he does like database chit or something not even sure

Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    One more point of advice-be proactive about taking on more responsibility than your position entails. Many companies will only give you a title long after you’re already executing the tasks that come with the title. In other words, show your value before expecting others to recognize it.
    I've been seeing the past in one eye and the present in the other. So, I thought I could only see patches of reality, never the whole picture. I felt like I was watching a dream I could never wake up from. Before I knew it, the dream was over.

Originally Posted by ElectronicsBrah View Post
    The only job that makes sense for you given what you posted is a job in an IT department somewhere. Without any desire to code or apply your skills to a software development environment, that may be the only way to go.

Here's another thing. You don't "have" to get a job in Computer Science. Many of my peers over the years didn't have EE / CompE degree's like I do and they turned out fine. Do what you want.
    when u say i dont have to get a job in cs, what other fields do i have the option in? also what can i do in the IT field after this help desk job

im willing to learn and maybe even learn code if i can learn it properly, i like some aspects of it its just i hate getting stuck.

Originally Posted by SevenFigures View Post
    It's over. I know how to code and even had a software developer internship and still can't get interviews.
    strong username to post

but anyways ya this scares me but at least i got that help desk job because i wasn't even expecting to get that.

i know it doesn't matter but i did get good grades in CS, but just forgot everything quickly

and isn't the point of an internship for u to get hired, so did ur company not like u?

also i feel like networking with ppl helps a lot

Originally Posted by friesbruh View Post
    wood recommend taking the job for 30k and in that time getting your N+, Sec+ and eventually CCNA & others.

Should be sitting at around $50-60k with all those certs under your belt and some experience.
    good advice. how much do those certs cost? are they hard? will my cs degree even help with this or will it be useless since i just need this certs? also how can i get experience as i only will have help desk experience

umadbroski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) umadbroski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) umadbroski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) umadbroski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) umadbroski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) umadbroski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) umadbroski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) umadbroski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) umadbroski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) umadbroski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) umadbroski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    so you have a CS degree but you dont want to code...

Your options are not that good brah, just get good at coding.

If you like JS get good at it and learn JS frameworks.

However, most companies that pay good money will ask you to code during interviews and solve algorithms.
    vegan bodybuilder crew
    software engineers crew
    mexican manmore crew
    L.A. Rams crew

Originally Posted by Adam16121 View Post
    Network, even if it means working for free. Ded srs, who you know matters more than anything. Good relationships with kind people saved me many times in my career. And doing your best at what you’re doing at all times gives those kind people something to work with when they elevate you.
    ya dude thats the problem for me i barely went to class, i studied from home, i made some friends that have jobs now that may help me but thats about it. but im willing to network now but how can i do that now, or is it too late

entropy91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) entropy91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) entropy91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) entropy91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) entropy91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) entropy91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) entropy91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) entropy91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) entropy91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) entropy91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) entropy91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I work in tech and never went to college. The world is your oyster if you really want to learn and achieve something. I've found most people in tech think they deserve jobs just because they got a degree. You have to keep up with the latest tech and always be learning. If you don't have a genuine interest this isn't the field for you.

I had a successful startup and years of experience / self taught coding under my belt by the time the cucks came out of college trying to get a job. Lol at spending 4 years learning the opcodes for redundant Intel chips.

jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    good advice. how much do those certs cost? are they hard? will my cs degree even help with this or will it be useless since i just need this certs? also how can i get experience as i only will have help desk experience
    I didn’t think they were that hard, but that’ll depend on how much you learned/remember. How familiar are you with networking layers and concepts? If you can pass Net+ you should be able to pass Sec+ with the same amount of effort. Watch the professor messer series to refresh your memory then just dive into practice tests for review. Costs a few hundred to take the test, and I think $100 for legit study guides/practice material is a good investment to make sure you pass on the first round.

https://www.professormesser.com/netw...aining-course/

There’s no reason you shouldn’t be able to get at least one of those before your contract is up, and at this point anything that you can put on your resume will help. Also, there should be webinars and other virtual events for various IT groups around your area. Sign up and attend(in person would be even better if possible).
    +positive crew+

umadbroski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) umadbroski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) umadbroski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) umadbroski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) umadbroski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) umadbroski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) umadbroski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) umadbroski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) umadbroski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) umadbroski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) umadbroski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by entropy91 View Post
    I work in tech and never went to college. The world is your oyster if you really want to learn and achieve something. I've found most people in tech think they deserve jobs just because they got a degree. You have to keep up with the latest tech and always be learning. If you don't have a genuine interest this isn't the field for you.

I had a successful startup and years of experience / self taught coding under my belt by the time the cucks came out of college trying to get a job. Lol at spending 4 years learning the opcodes for redundant Intel chips.
    you can get really good at coding without going to college, i agree.
    I didnt learn chit on college, it was just basically paying for a degree.

However, the degree here on mexico does matter because it allows you to get the TN visa, if you dont have a degree, you cant get it.
    vegan bodybuilder crew
    software engineers crew
    mexican manmore crew
    L.A. Rams crew

entropy91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) entropy91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) entropy91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) entropy91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) entropy91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) entropy91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) entropy91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) entropy91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) entropy91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) entropy91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) entropy91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by umadbroski View Post

However, the degree here on mexico does matter because it allows you to get the TN visa, if you dont have a degree, you cant get it.
    Lawl I was just talking **** breh. A degree and learning / building experience would be the GOAT combination.

Originally Posted by umadbroski View Post

i feel like the way my school taught me was also sht, i didnt learn sht even tho i paid attention in class/etc

i feel like the way my school taught me was also sht, i didnt learn sht even tho i paid attention in class/etc
    Luckily for you there are tons of resources for learning more in the tech field. It seems that you make this thread every few weeks/months and don’t really offer much input other than “my school kind of sucked”. Glad to hear you got your foot in the door though, that’s at least a start. Have you put any thought into what aspect of IT you want to get into? At this point you should decide what specialty you want to dive into before you go much further and spend of a lot of time/resources on something you don’t want to do.
    +positive crew+