Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    EvanCentopani is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EvanCentopani is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EvanCentopani is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EvanCentopani is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EvanCentopani is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EvanCentopani is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EvanCentopani is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EvanCentopani is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EvanCentopani is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EvanCentopani is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EvanCentopani is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by whiskeyjackie View Post
    Hi!

Would it be OK to do straight leg deadlifts on leg day and conventional deadlifts on back day?

Thanx!
    You could but I have found that conventional deadlifts when performed just short of locking out (no rolling shoulders) in high rep fashion to be much more effective than stiff leg deads.

EvanCentopani is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EvanCentopani is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EvanCentopani is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EvanCentopani is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EvanCentopani is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EvanCentopani is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EvanCentopani is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EvanCentopani is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EvanCentopani is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EvanCentopani is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EvanCentopani is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Metalmank View Post
    Interesting program.

Is this program for all levels?

I mite consider this once I get to my bulking phase.

Also with Phase 3

Monday: Shoulders and triceps
    Tuesday: Quads
    Thursday: Back
    Friday: Chest, biceps, and abs
    Saturday: Hamstrings and calves

I noticed that you have wednesday as the rest day I'm assuming and you have saturday as a w/o day.

If I was to run this program, Saturday would not be a day I could workout. So therefore could one just push things back a day and run it Mon-Fri. Putting hams and calves on friday
    Yes, Saturday is Hams and calves. You could go 5 days straight but not having a day off to break up the week does leave you feeling pretty beat up come friday. But, we all do what we've got to do!

Originally Posted by ueuniq View Post
    So just got done with day 1. Am just a bit nervous that during the 1st month, there might be quite a bit of fat gain because of the low volume. Also would my shoulders and arms be negatively affected since we aren't doing any direct work for them during phase 1?
    Thanks again for your help
    Only one way to find out!

Originally Posted by Filburt View Post
    Hey. I just started this program and I am in my 3rd day. I am 6'1 and I weight 215 pounds. I'm looking to lose weight while doing this program. I've been sticking to a calorie deficit of 2200-2400 calories. Is there any advice you could provide for someone trying to slim down on this program. I have pictures of myself in my profile if it provides any assistance. I feel comfortable with my current weight now and I don't mind starting at this stage.
    The best advice I can give is to put everything youjv'e got into making the training as intense as possible. This will do a great deal for helping you to get in shape. Of course, you might also want to adjust your cardio frequency and duration to math your goals.

Originally Posted by necrologic View Post
    I tried the back one today just to test it out. I'll start the actual program on Monday so my days will line up the best.

It's been about 4 years or so since I've done deadlifts. I got back into working out around May. I avoided deadlifts because my back was injured at the time. So today was the first time I've done them in awhile.

I believe I have a very weak lower back still. I did everything as the program suggested. Warmed up with just the bar. Tried 110lbs on the working sets. When I got the the 3rd work set of the deadlift my back started having pain. I believe my form is off being it had been so long since I've done one.

My question is :
    Should I keep at the deadlift in the program, but start at an even lower weight to work up my back strength and form? Maybe warm up with 45lbs and do 65lbs work sets? I really don't want to deviate from the program by doing a ton of isolation movements to make up for it. I'd like to do deadlifts because I know they help with correct form. I'm doubting buying a belt will help too much. Then again I will admit I definitely am no where near an expert.

Thanks!
    Deadlifts are a very importanr movement not just in the context of this program but in general. My advice to you is to do the deadlifts but use less weight. Your issues likely stem from a combination of weakness (hips, lower back, glutes, hamstrings) and improper mechanics...truth be told, weakness and poor mechanics are often one in the same. Stay consistent with the movement and my prediciton is that over time, things will improve. You likley just need to build the muscles and neurological patterns for the movement. Don't give up!

StickThinSte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StickThinSte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StickThinSte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StickThinSte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StickThinSte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StickThinSte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StickThinSte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StickThinSte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StickThinSte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StickThinSte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StickThinSte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Evan,

Just about to start the program with my dad.

Just a quick question. I've just purchased a bench. It has leg curls, preacher curl attachment, fly attachment, lat pull down attachment and can be set flat or at an incline.

Will this be enough to go through the full program? (I've got weights too obviously haha)

Thanks in advance.

necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by EvanCentopani View Post
    Deadlifts are a very importanr movement not just in the context of this program but in general. My advice to you is to do the deadlifts but use less weight. Your issues likely stem from a combination of weakness (hips, lower back, glutes, hamstrings) and improper mechanics...truth be told, weakness and poor mechanics are often one in the same. Stay consistent with the movement and my prediciton is that over time, things will improve. You likley just need to build the muscles and neurological patterns for the movement. Don't give up!
    Thank you! Will do

Mako011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Nutrition plan

can anyone tell me what meal 6 should be if not a cheat meal

bodiddely has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can anyone recommend a good substitute for leg press? Have access to a power rack and GHD machine, but not a leg press machine. Barbell hack squat? Thanks

patz91 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My gym doesn't have a machine to do glute ham raises comfortably, any alternatives?

cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Is this programme suitable for a novice lifter who hasnt trained in 6 months. It doesnt seem to follow the same pattern of other 5x5 programs..
    Healthcare Crew
    ++ Positive Crew ++

Lifting from August 2017
    SBD
    August: 40kg(88)/40kg(88)/60kg(132)
    Current: 90kg(198)/80kg(176)/140kg(309)

haikaldingle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haikaldingle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haikaldingle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haikaldingle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haikaldingle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haikaldingle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haikaldingle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haikaldingle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haikaldingle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haikaldingle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haikaldingle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Universal Rep View Post
    Here's the Program Overview

"People forget that hard-and-heavy training is the number-one tool you have to get in shape. By the time you complete this trainer, if you do what you're supposed to do and bust your ass, you'll not only be stronger and bigger, you'll also be better conditioned and able to function at a higher level. You'll be able to train at a level that most other people can't hack. Your standard is going to be higher." – Evan Centopani
    WORD! Hard and Heavy is the way to go
    I won't use the forum to promote my channel

Hey Buddy,

Yes, you will be fine. You might not be able to leg press etc but it's not enough to stop you from doing the program! Most "equipment" is for back our legs but the truth is that you can always use a barbell and dumbbells to train these bodyparts. You'll be fine.

My suggestion is to simply double up on squats

You can use a hypertension instead and hold weight to make it more challenging. MOST gyms have a hyperextension. Otherwise you can face backward on a lat pulldown kneeling on the pad and use a broomstick to catch yourself

It's suitable for anyone really.

Sioma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi why there ar no videos for phase 2 and phase 3? I dont get it how to do deadlifts at Hamstrings And Calves day pls help

Antaxious is just really nice. (+1000) Antaxious is just really nice. (+1000) Antaxious is just really nice. (+1000) Antaxious is just really nice. (+1000) Antaxious is just really nice. (+1000) Antaxious is just really nice. (+1000) Antaxious is just really nice. (+1000) Antaxious is just really nice. (+1000) Antaxious is just really nice. (+1000) Antaxious is just really nice. (+1000) Antaxious is just really nice. (+1000)
    How would cardio be implemented as per your suggestion ?

2 a 3 times a week on low intensity for 30ish mins as long as it's not after leg day ?

Also as personal question , wich is your favorite cardio exercise if you do any

Thank you for this program I'm considering using it starting next week. Been using fierce 5, phat and lately GST so far

qinx will become famous soon enough. (+50) qinx will become famous soon enough. (+50) qinx will become famous soon enough. (+50) qinx will become famous soon enough. (+50) qinx will become famous soon enough. (+50) qinx will become famous soon enough. (+50) qinx will become famous soon enough. (+50) qinx will become famous soon enough. (+50) qinx will become famous soon enough. (+50) qinx will become famous soon enough. (+50) qinx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    are there any substitution for Squats & Deadlifts, since I can't do those due to some back issues/warnings, I've had a lower back issue since I was a kid and I am advised not to do those, but I can do leg presses and hack squats, which of those should I sub for which? thanks.

2nd question, are there any progression scheme in terms of weight and how to increase it, just like other programs in the stickes? I am lost as to how to start, what weights I put in, and how to progress for the future on those weights.

civicspeeder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just a quick question. Is there a recommended amount of rest time between sets in the second phase? For the first phase 2-4 min is recommended and 45 sec to a min in the last phase. Haven't found anything on the second phase.

Kesari3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kesari3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kesari3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kesari3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kesari3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kesari3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kesari3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kesari3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kesari3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kesari3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kesari3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If I take rest between days, I get discouraged from gym. So is there any way to not take rest in between? What should I do those days? Please advice.

rmdarn00 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Mass Building

I'm 210lbs right now, coming off another 12 week program. How much more mass would be expected from this program? I push myself to the limit every time I'm in the gym, and through my first week of this program I'm really, really sore. Just wondering how much more muscle this program will add. Thanks!

richierich918 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just started the program also and would like to know the rest times between sets in phase 2.