Thread: Push ups

Countfleet204 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Push ups

New here. I'm doing push-ups to try and workout since I'm on house arrest. And can't do anything else really I can only do about 10 at a time atm about 225 lbs. if I did 100 a day threw out the day would that help me build arm mass? Or should I try and do the 100 all at once to keep my heart rate going? Or do 10 stop do another 10 in an hour or so

Harry4567 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your not going to build arm mass doing 100 push ups a day, you need to eat well, you'll just be toning your shoulders

Ok any suggestions to build arm mass? And maybe some stomach fat? Thinking about buying a home gym since I can't go to a real gym

k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Considering you're 225 I'd say you will build a small amount of tricep arm mass doing those however you will more than likely hit a hypertrophy/muscle building plateau eventually.

Unless you start training with weights you will have to get creative and do things like add weight to your body in order to build more (e.g., weighted vest or some weight on your back while you do push ups). Progressive overload is key when it comes to building muscle and if you're not getting stronger/pushing more weight for reps, you probably won't build more muscle.

If it's all you got, they are definitely good for endurance and cardiovascular stamina as well.

HStudio00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HStudio00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HStudio00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HStudio00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HStudio00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HStudio00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HStudio00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HStudio00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HStudio00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HStudio00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HStudio00 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    100 push ups per day will help you get stronger, but it's not enough to make a huge change in your physique. I'd recommend looking up some calisthenics programs that you can do at home, buy an over-the-door pull up bar, etc. Also, nutrition is key to making a significant change in physique. BB.com has lots of articles you should reference, read the stickies on the forums, etc.

As for when to do them, throughout the day vs all at once probably won't make much of a difference, and the amount of cardiovascular demand that it requires to do 100 push ups at once can be easily outweighed by running up and down a couple flights of stairs.
    To live is Christ, to die is gainz

Sarcastic commentary on life/etc: https://twitter.com/samueljhand
    YouTube: Samuel Hand

Originally Posted by HStudio00 View Post
    As for when to do them, throughout the day vs all at once probably won't make much of a difference, and the amount of cardiovascular demand that it requires to do 100 push ups at once can be easily outweighed by running up and down a couple flights of stairs.
    i should run up and down the stairs? i plan to clean my basket out on the 5th and buy a home gym also. should i buy any thing to help me workout? ive also never dieted before....

vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Countfleet204 View Post
    New here. I'm doing push-ups to try and workout since I'm on house arrest. And can't do anything else really I can only do about 10 at a time atm about 225 lbs. if I did 100 a day threw out the day would that help me build arm mass? Or should I try and do the 100 all at once to keep my heart rate going? Or do 10 stop do another 10 in an hour or so
    There's more than just push-ups you can do at home. For sure check out Convict Training, but I would do yoga, lunges, squats, ab work. Get a dumbbell and/or kettlebell that's 20lb-30lb, and there's a ton of work you can do with them. Get an ab roller, exercise ball (for jack-knife sit-ups, rolling out your back, and a million other things). If you were straight up ghetto, you could fill up garbage bags with water and curl and press that bull****. There's countless youtube videos of trainer instructors doing a 15min-1hr workout you could follow along with. Definitely get a pull-up bar if it fits in a doorway of your place. And if you have a girlfriend/wife, you've got another decent way of doing lifts. Put her on your back and do squats. Carry her in the front and do squats (more core). Lastly some flat bench on the ground with her ass in your palms.