Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    deriktheman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deriktheman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deriktheman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deriktheman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deriktheman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deriktheman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deriktheman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deriktheman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deriktheman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deriktheman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deriktheman is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thank you for this thread

noendsnoskinz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) noendsnoskinz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) noendsnoskinz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) noendsnoskinz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) noendsnoskinz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) noendsnoskinz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) noendsnoskinz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) noendsnoskinz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) noendsnoskinz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) noendsnoskinz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) noendsnoskinz is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

*Jet life untill the next life...*

PineappleMuffin is just really nice. (+1000) PineappleMuffin is just really nice. (+1000) PineappleMuffin is just really nice. (+1000) PineappleMuffin is just really nice. (+1000) PineappleMuffin is just really nice. (+1000) PineappleMuffin is just really nice. (+1000) PineappleMuffin is just really nice. (+1000) PineappleMuffin is just really nice. (+1000) PineappleMuffin is just really nice. (+1000) PineappleMuffin is just really nice. (+1000) PineappleMuffin is just really nice. (+1000)
    Not a lot of classics on that list. I always feel like focusing on contemporary self-help kind of literature will give you a one-sided flavor of the month (century?) perspective on life. A lot of those books surely say more or less the same things, so I bet they're more reassuring than they're life-changing. I myself have found what Spinoza, Nietzsche and Hesse for example wrote more life-changing than the stuff that gets put out nowadays actually.

Noxibrah is just really nice. (+1000) Noxibrah is just really nice. (+1000) Noxibrah is just really nice. (+1000) Noxibrah is just really nice. (+1000) Noxibrah is just really nice. (+1000) Noxibrah is just really nice. (+1000) Noxibrah is just really nice. (+1000) Noxibrah is just really nice. (+1000) Noxibrah is just really nice. (+1000) Noxibrah is just really nice. (+1000) Noxibrah is just really nice. (+1000)
    In on Book thread.

Reading Conspiracy against the human race at the moment. Pessimistic philosophy, if you guys have seen true detective; a lot from Rust Cohle's philosophy is based on that book.
    --Psychology brah--

**Dutch Gardening Crew**

FC (3ds crew) : 2337 - 6654 - 7512

MiscPeter is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiscPeter is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiscPeter is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiscPeter is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiscPeter is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiscPeter is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiscPeter is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiscPeter is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiscPeter is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiscPeter is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiscPeter is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Wow, just when I was running out of the books to read, you post this list. Thanks Lifted. Just curious, have you read any of the books which really stood out and helped you think differently?

Make health a priority LiftedMind's Avatar
    LiftedMind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftedMind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftedMind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftedMind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftedMind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftedMind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftedMind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftedMind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftedMind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftedMind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftedMind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by cacad View Post
    Bro, do you have ebooks of those? Maybe could send me?
    Pm sent

Originally Posted by sdmk View Post
    "If you don't know who the sucker is in the room, you're the sucker"

Originally Posted by CommonPheasant View Post
    Does OP wear magnetic bracelets because he thinks it will help balance his life energy?
    Haha, can't believe people who wear those. Pseudoscience to the max. The placebo effect is strong though.

Originally Posted by ironicinori View Post
    If you don't read self help, or at least some good nonfiction (most of what OP posted), you're in effect saying that you know all the answers to life and don't need to hear anything from anybody else. Why not just plug your ears if anybody ever tries to give you advice on anything.

Even if you don't follow the advice like a sheep it's interesting to learn about other perspectives.
    Pretty much, people bash reading and I just shake my head. You will always better your life in some way when you gain insight from a book. Anyone who bashes someone for reading self help books needs to take a look at themselves. Never judge someone for taking initiative to improve their life.

Originally Posted by DJE88 View Post
    lol yeah Millionaire Fastlane got me out of my bartending job a few years ago and start the dream project, then read 4hour work week a few weeks ago and it completely changed my day to day even further. It was the reason I began reading with such intensity. I usually stick to watching 3 hour science presentations/documentaries (x2 speed, this is a godsend for everything you watch) for all faculties, or podcasts containing people that have discovered new things.

Have you tried the Wim Hof breathing technique for meditation by the way, another game changer from Tim Ferris/JRE? Normal meditation I found didnt do to much for me unless I was high on weed. I meditate everyday for around 30min now pretty consistently and it has also been a huge game changer on my physical and mental life. Could barely run 1 mile without having pains in my legs/ could barely breath. Now using his technique I am doing 6+ miles (prefer running in freezing temps in shorts/shirtless) and have no issues of being tired in a run/ no soreness later
    That's awesome man! There are so many different techniques that are all useful in different ways. Just have to find one that sticks for you.

Originally Posted by deriktheman View Post
    Thank you for this thread
    You are welcome

Originally Posted by PineappleMuffin View Post
    Not a lot of classics on that list. I always feel like focusing on contemporary self-help kind of literature will give you a one-sided flavor of the month (century?) perspective on life. A lot of those books surely say more or less the same things, so I bet they're more reassuring than they're life-changing. I myself have found what Spinoza, Nietzsche and Hesse for example wrote more life-changing than the stuff that gets put out nowadays actually.
    You make some good points and yes, the theme of the book list was whatever I was attracted to at the time. I'd like to include more biographies on that list of really interesting people.

Originally Posted by lnvictus View Post
    Why are most about pseudoscience chit like law of attraction?
    Law of attraction is definitely not pseudoscience, people just don't understand it fully and that law of attraction fails to include an important element. Let me break it down for you.

Here is invictus, he wakes up each day and does X routine. X routine may involve brushing his teeth, going to work, coming home to make food, then miscing for the rest of the night.

All of those are a set of habits that guide your actions each day. You've programmed yourself to live like that. Nothing will change unless you attract it into your life.

The law of attraction is goal setting in a sense. You are aligning yourself with some future self/ goal that you visualize. The problem is that most of the time it's wishful thinking without action. People think it's just going to fall into their life.
    The problem is that it takes massive action, and you have to re-program your mind to change your habits.

Invictus uses the law of attraction to visualize more money in his life. Instead of just sitting there wishing, invictus comes home from work and instead of spending his time reading the misc for 5 hours, he starts reading books on side hustle.
    Invictus keeps this focus up, he continues to focus on attracting this vision into his life, and soon after gaining knowledge he develops a plan of action gained from this new knowledge.

He's crushed his old habit of miscing for 5 hours and replaced it with 5 hours of reading/ working on a side business, years pass and he's quit his job and his side hustle has tripled his income and allows him to travel the world while his outsourced employees maintain his business.

There you have it.

To sum up: Law of attraction is real. It's visualization that works its way into goal setting. The key element is disciplining yourself to take action.

Originally Posted by MiscPeter View Post
    Wow, just when I was running out of the books to read, you post this list. Thanks Lifted. Just curious, have you read any of the books which really stood out and helped you think differently?
    Any of the books on boosting your brain. When you take steps to improve your mental performance, ho lee fuk. That's all I can say.

Any books on simplicity and tyding up. When you drastically minimize your possessions, and throw out most of your junk, life feels more free and simple. The Power Of Less: The Fine Art of Limiting Yourself to the Essential

The Mayo Clinic Guide to Stress-Free Living

All though self help ish, this book really had a positive effect many years ago Learned Optimism: How to Change Your Mind and Your Life

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance was great

As a Man Thinketh was unbelievable (it's like only 50 pages)

Think and Grow Rich is just a classic everyone should get a taste of.
    GUIDE #6 | 23 Steps to Perfect Sleep ► bit.ly/23-Sleep
    GUIDE #5 | Magic Moments ► bit.ly/MISC-5
    GUIDE #4 | Meditating ► bit.ly/MISC-4
    GUIDE #3 | Mentors ► bit.ly/MISC-3
    Healthy brain ► bit.ly/BrainGains
    Life Wisdom ► bit.ly/LifeWisdom
    301 life changing books ► bit.ly/301books
    Optimize your sleep , eat more vegetables, deepen your relationships with love, gratitude, compassion. Read more books, watch less tv (active learning vs passive). Meditate daily. Get in touch with your body & soul

Afterword is a name known to all. (+5000) Afterword is a name known to all. (+5000) Afterword is a name known to all. (+5000) Afterword is a name known to all. (+5000) Afterword is a name known to all. (+5000) Afterword is a name known to all. (+5000) Afterword is a name known to all. (+5000) Afterword is a name known to all. (+5000) Afterword is a name known to all. (+5000) Afterword is a name known to all. (+5000) Afterword is a name known to all. (+5000)
    in!

Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Polaris has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Good shyt OP.

ironicinori is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironicinori is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironicinori is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironicinori is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironicinori is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironicinori is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironicinori is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironicinori is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironicinori is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironicinori is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironicinori is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    As a Man Thinketh definitely changed my life. It's short enough to read in one afternoon and will change the way you think about thinking.
    Broke both legs and ankles crew.
    Recover gains or die trying crew.

jamesggg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesggg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesggg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesggg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesggg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesggg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesggg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesggg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesggg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesggg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesggg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Great list. will check in later

LiftedMind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftedMind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftedMind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftedMind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftedMind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftedMind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftedMind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftedMind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftedMind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftedMind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftedMind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Afterword View Post
    in!
    You put out some awesome video content. I see you being some type of successful speaker. Dive into books and let the world see how thick, solid, and tight your speaking skills, knowledge and media personality evolve. Something beautiful awaits you!

You might enjoy Gary V's energy and persona

Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
    Good shyt OP.
    Yeah Mayne

Originally Posted by ironicinori View Post
    As a Man Thinketh definitely changed my life. It's short enough to read in one afternoon and will change the way you think about thinking.
    Simplest yet one of the most powerful books I've read. It set the direction of my life for a good while.

Originally Posted by jamesggg View Post
    Great list. will check in later
    See you around, happy reading
    Optimize your sleep , eat more vegetables, deepen your relationships with love, gratitude, compassion. Read more books, watch less tv (active learning vs passive). Meditate daily. Get in touch with your body & soul

jamesggg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesggg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesggg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesggg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesggg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesggg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesggg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesggg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesggg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesggg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesggg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Currently reading The Practicing Mind by Thomas M. Sterner. Very easy read, I can confirm that it should be added to this list.

Afterword is a name known to all. (+5000) Afterword is a name known to all. (+5000) Afterword is a name known to all. (+5000) Afterword is a name known to all. (+5000) Afterword is a name known to all. (+5000) Afterword is a name known to all. (+5000) Afterword is a name known to all. (+5000) Afterword is a name known to all. (+5000) Afterword is a name known to all. (+5000) Afterword is a name known to all. (+5000) Afterword is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by LiftedMind View Post
    You put out some awesome video content. I see you being some type of successful speaker. Dive into books and let the world see how thick, solid, and tight your speaking skills, knowledge and media personality evolve. Something beautiful awaits you!

You might enjoy Gary V's energy and persona

Yeah Mayne

Simplest yet one of the most powerful books I've read. It set the direction of my life for a good while.

See you around, happy reading
    Thanks brah. All his books are great too. Jab Jab Jab right hook is next on the list

Originally Posted by jamesggg View Post
    Currently reading The Practicing Mind by Thomas M. Sterner. Very easy read, I can confirm that it should be added to this list.
    Checked this book out on amazon and it looks tight, great suggestion.

Hanging by a thread Changedmalife's Avatar
    Changedmalife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Changedmalife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Changedmalife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Changedmalife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Changedmalife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Changedmalife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Changedmalife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Changedmalife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Changedmalife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Changedmalife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Changedmalife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    lol @ reading 301 books brb money wasted, time wasted etc
    brb improving self in other ways than sitting around reading

Thread: **-=OFFICIAL=-** Strange posters thread (SRS)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168018593&p=1409977863#post1409977863
    **Official MISC®© "dedicated car sales man"** spot him post him here (srs)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160043551

Originally Posted by Changedmalife View Post

You're misguided. If you can take one thing away from every book you read and apply it to life, then that book is worth more than money can buy. Simple reading a book for the sake of reading a book will get you nowhere.

fox994 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fox994 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fox994 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fox994 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fox994 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fox994 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fox994 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fox994 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fox994 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fox994 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fox994 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Great list, subbed for later. Books help give you a different perspective on life and can be very beneficial.

polkster84 is a name known to all. (+5000) polkster84 is a name known to all. (+5000) polkster84 is a name known to all. (+5000) polkster84 is a name known to all. (+5000) polkster84 is a name known to all. (+5000) polkster84 is a name known to all. (+5000) polkster84 is a name known to all. (+5000) polkster84 is a name known to all. (+5000) polkster84 is a name known to all. (+5000) polkster84 is a name known to all. (+5000) polkster84 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What are your top 5 out of the 301?
    www.boostmyself.com - My self improvement ramblings.

Originally Posted by Changedmalife View Post

Do whatever makes you happy and brings joy.

I read 5-6 books on sleep and wrote a thread with 23 actionable steps that one can implement derived from those books. I think I helped improve the lives of many people, that is not time wasted.

Also, you might benefit from books that talk about, and distill the ego.

The ego always wants to be right and to win.

When you say "lol @" you are implying that you are better, wiser, and more important than someone else who wants to read from a list of 301 books.

If someone wants to read a book and they enjoy it, who are you to tell them they wasted their money and time? What makes you better than someone who spent time reading a book?

I'll still rep you and encourage you to consider reading more books. "If anyone is ever looking for a solution, someone, somewhere has probably found it and wrote about it in a book"

Originally Posted by polkster84 View Post
    What are your top 5 out of the 301?
    4-hour work week

The monk who sold his ferrari

The giver

Think and grow rich

As a man thinketh

Boost your brain

Great sleep, reduced cancer

Bullet proof diet.

Read my sleep thread in sig, that's 5-6 books in one.

Sorry, more than 5. It's really hard to pick because there are literally so many books out there and they all are important in some way.

polkster84 is a name known to all. (+5000) polkster84 is a name known to all. (+5000) polkster84 is a name known to all. (+5000) polkster84 is a name known to all. (+5000) polkster84 is a name known to all. (+5000) polkster84 is a name known to all. (+5000) polkster84 is a name known to all. (+5000) polkster84 is a name known to all. (+5000) polkster84 is a name known to all. (+5000) polkster84 is a name known to all. (+5000) polkster84 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by LiftedMind View Post
    4-hour work week

The monk who sold his ferrari

The giver

Think and grow rich

As a man thinketh

Boost your brain

Great sleep, reduced cancer

Bullet proof diet.

Read my sleep thread in sig, that's 5-6 books in one.

Sorry, more than 5. It's really hard to pick because there are literally so many books out there and they all are important in some way.
    I have read your threads. Keep up the good work... looking forward to another guide.

Originally Posted by polkster84 View Post
    I have read your threads. Keep up the good work... looking forward to another guide.
    Awesome, also great work on getting your thoughts down on your website. Simply writing things down and getting them out there is very powerful in strengthening connections.

Thaddy99 is not very well liked. (-100) Thaddy99 is not very well liked. (-100) Thaddy99 is not very well liked. (-100) Thaddy99 is not very well liked. (-100) Thaddy99 is not very well liked. (-100) Thaddy99 is not very well liked. (-100) Thaddy99 is not very well liked. (-100) Thaddy99 is not very well liked. (-100) Thaddy99 is not very well liked. (-100) Thaddy99 is not very well liked. (-100) Thaddy99 is not very well liked. (-100)
    I call bullchit. It´s unlikely that you read all those books.

Originally Posted by Thaddy99 View Post
    I call bullchit. It´s unlikely that you read all those books.
    What haha? I never said I read all those books, this is just a list I've created over the years. I haven't even read 10% from that list.

XFactah416 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XFactah416 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XFactah416 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XFactah416 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XFactah416 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XFactah416 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XFactah416 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XFactah416 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XFactah416 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XFactah416 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XFactah416 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Anyone got e-books for some of these (for research purposes)?

GabrielNovar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GabrielNovar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GabrielNovar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GabrielNovar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GabrielNovar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GabrielNovar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GabrielNovar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GabrielNovar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GabrielNovar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GabrielNovar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GabrielNovar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    you are going to need amighty book case to store all of those

Originally Posted by GabrielNovar View Post
    you are going to need amighty book case to store all of those
    http://www.home-designing.com/2011/0...ry-inspiration

Always loved this one

FOR MEDICAL USE ONLY MareeWanna's Avatar
    MareeWanna has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MareeWanna has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MareeWanna has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MareeWanna has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MareeWanna has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MareeWanna has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MareeWanna has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MareeWanna has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MareeWanna has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MareeWanna has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MareeWanna has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    in on this

lol @ haters

go back to your negativity threads
    #1 Warriors Hater
    2015-2016 Golden State Warriors *Biggest Chokers Of All Time*
    We Are One Against The Warriors

Cubs Fan since the 7th Inning of Game 7
    Go Cubs Go

RobElite is just really nice. (+1000) RobElite is just really nice. (+1000) RobElite is just really nice. (+1000) RobElite is just really nice. (+1000) RobElite is just really nice. (+1000) RobElite is just really nice. (+1000) RobElite is just really nice. (+1000) RobElite is just really nice. (+1000) RobElite is just really nice. (+1000) RobElite is just really nice. (+1000) RobElite is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have brought some self help books but imo every one I read was terrible and offered no new or different advice. I have read some which made impossible claims and some were outright laughable.
    52 Books in 52 weeks - (12/52) 2016 Crew
    Italian Crew
    52 Books in 52 weeks - 2015 Crew (29/52) (two audiobook)
    Bulking

Originally Posted by XFactah416 View Post
    Anyone got e-books for some of these (for research purposes)?
    http://bookzz.org/

Check out this online "library".