Registered User SuomalainenSisu's Avatar
    SuomalainenSisu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post Program Recommendations!

Hello, I'm a beginner lifter (1 month) and I'd like to stick to a program that is 1) Safe for a teenager 2) Builds muscle and/or size 3) Only includes a barbell and possibly calisthenics and cardio. At this point y'all probably screaming to your monitor "5x5! FFS!", but I simply can't do that heavy squats because my arms can't lift the weight over my head that my legs can handle during the squats (this could be fixed with a squat rack, but I don't have the budget nor the space for that.).

So far I've just done the big five on lightweight (4 sets, 12 reps), but I don't feel like this is an adequate for the long run.

So, feel free to input your suggestions and opinions.

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Cant do heavy squats because you can't lift the weight over your head? Are you using a rack?
    advertising not permitted

Originally Posted by NaturalPursuit View Post
    Cant do heavy squats because you can't lift the weight over your head? Are you using a rack?
    As I said, I don't have a rack. Nor can I get one, since I don't have space in my shack for it. I don't have gym membership, only thing I got is my barbell and plates for it.

Workhardd is not very well liked. (-100) Workhardd is not very well liked. (-100) Workhardd is not very well liked. (-100) Workhardd is not very well liked. (-100) Workhardd is not very well liked. (-100) Workhardd is not very well liked. (-100) Workhardd is not very well liked. (-100) Workhardd is not very well liked. (-100) Workhardd is not very well liked. (-100) Workhardd is not very well liked. (-100) Workhardd is not very well liked. (-100)
    Buy a gym membership

You two aren't very helpful... fine, I'll just stick to my current regiment.

Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SuomalainenSisu View Post
    You two aren't very helpful... fine, I'll just stick to my current regiment.
    It's pretty hard if you don't have access to a gym :c there is so much more at a gym!
    Don’t ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person that’s hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said.. Haters gonna hate!”

- Aziz Shavershian

It's piss, it's sickening, it's revolting

- Sith Lord

echspower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) echspower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) echspower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) echspower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) echspower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) echspower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) echspower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) echspower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) echspower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) echspower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) echspower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Clean the weight to your shoulders and front squat. Could possibly still develop decent legs with sub maximal weight for higher reps (8-12)
    Swimmer that lifts. Kinda.
    B 205/ 170 5x5 Goal: 225
    S 295 / 255 5x5 Goal: 315
    D 355 / 315x5 Goal: 405

jsjulianto0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jsjulianto0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jsjulianto0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jsjulianto0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jsjulianto0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jsjulianto0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jsjulianto0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jsjulianto0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jsjulianto0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jsjulianto0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jsjulianto0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Most programs won't fit you because you don't have squat rack nor gym membership.

Just do your bench press, deadlift, rows, split squat (bulgarian?), lunges, anything you can do with barbell.
    And put in some calisthenics exercise if you want. and cardio too.

Can't help much.

edit : ^^ agree about the front squat.
    Last edited by jsjulianto0; 09-27-2015 at 10:05 AM. Reason: add lil bit

Thank you all, yeah I think there isn't any program meant for my current situation, but at least working out as hard as I can will still be far better than me just sitting around on my ass all day-
    Thankfully I'm no hurry, so I'll just master the basics and increase my strength from there on

jjwattt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jjwattt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jjwattt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jjwattt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jjwattt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jjwattt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jjwattt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jjwattt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jjwattt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jjwattt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jjwattt has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Its definitely doable, you can do power cleans, front squats and so on. You just have to be creative and an open mind