alexmessi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexmessi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexmessi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexmessi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexmessi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexmessi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexmessi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexmessi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexmessi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexmessi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexmessi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

chest new routine

so i was doing a superset chest routine to break through plateau, and last week i returned to my normal chest routine (high volume once a week, works better for me). But, when i was doing the superset routine, i was doing dips. However, my normal routine doesnt include dips. So my question is should i have dips included in my chest workout, or not?

the normal workout looks like this:

Incline barbell chest 3x8
    Flat Bench 3x8
    Incline Dumbell press 3x8 (i lack on my upper chest so i put two incline exercises)
    Hammer chest press 3x6
    Flyes - 3x8

should i put dips there and take flyes out??

cheers!

skinny2buff6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinny2buff6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinny2buff6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinny2buff6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinny2buff6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinny2buff6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinny2buff6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinny2buff6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinny2buff6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinny2buff6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinny2buff6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't like dips for chest. I prefer them on my triceps day.

They are a 'decent' exercise for your chest when you angle your dips the right way.

Id say its up to you and go by personal preference on that one.

anonymous
    I'd do both.

alexmessi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexmessi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexmessi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexmessi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexmessi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexmessi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexmessi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexmessi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexmessi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexmessi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexmessi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by skinny2buff6 View Post
    I don't like dips for chest. I prefer them on my triceps day.

They are a 'decent' exercise for your chest when you angle your dips the right way.

Id say its up to you and go by personal preference on that one.
    a lot of people say dips are essential for a great chest and i dont mind doing them, i can do them properly with my currently body weight (80kgs) and i throw some more 20kgs with the belt and the plates. the thing is i don't totally feel it on my chest. i make sure i'm inclined, like 30degrees and stuff, but i donno. i also donno if i should do it instead of flyes, because i should have an ''opening exercise''

Originally Posted by MattBro95 View Post
    I'd do both.
    both?? wouldnt that be too much for chest? i'm already doing 15 sets. sure i do them only once a week, but still, wouldnt 18 sets too much??

NinjaBody is just really nice. (+1000) NinjaBody is just really nice. (+1000) NinjaBody is just really nice. (+1000) NinjaBody is just really nice. (+1000) NinjaBody is just really nice. (+1000) NinjaBody is just really nice. (+1000) NinjaBody is just really nice. (+1000) NinjaBody is just really nice. (+1000) NinjaBody is just really nice. (+1000) NinjaBody is just really nice. (+1000) NinjaBody is just really nice. (+1000)
    They're my main chest exercise, so I have a soft spot for them.

But you don't need them
    Real strength is getting off your ass to go train.

I talk chit at www.NinjaBody.com

Dakramerz1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dakramerz1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Incline BB is useless, use Dumbells.
    Do these exercises:

Flat db press
    Incline db fly
    Incline db press
    Db/cable flies

Dan3317 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dan3317 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dan3317 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dan3317 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dan3317 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dan3317 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dan3317 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dan3317 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dan3317 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dan3317 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dan3317 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Dakramerz1 View Post
    Incline BB is useless, use Dumbells.
    Do these exercises:

Flat db press
    Incline db fly
    Incline db press
    Db/cable flies
    Lol @ Incline BB being useless. I guess I've been severally limiting my gains by using it.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172590831 <<< New training log as of 10/7/16

Working diligently for a 405 bench.