Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Going on vacation soon....what to do?

so I am going to the beach with the fam soon. The place I'm staying at has a gym...but it looks like it's all smith machines.

What do u do here? I'll be gone for 2 weeks and I don't want to loose my progress. What do I do with this? My first thought would be to keep doing what I've been doing regardless of the machine but I'm not positive.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I don't understand what you mean by lose my progress? What exactly do you think is going to happen in 2 weeks?
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Use the Smiths

it is what I would and often do in similar circumstances ( business travel )

The Smiths will certainly keep you training for those 2 weeks , Squats, Bench press, Rows, Seated military press, Shrugs and probably various other exercises can be done using it
    if the gym has other machines, build them into your training for that 2 week period also
    if they open early morning so much the better as you can get in, get something done and not have it compromise the family time the holiday is all about.

and mostly enjoy the holiday because 2 weeks will not reverse any efforts you have made leading up to it
    ☻/
    /▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
    / \

PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I would just enjoy the holiday and take a break otherwise I would be more focussed on training and trying to fit that in than being with my family and doing nice stuff together. You will be lifting for the rest of your life maybe so two weeks is not going to hurt you. I wouldn't go over the top with food and drink and I would work extra hard the last week b4 I go and take it as a deload.
    Anybody can workout for an hour but controlling what you eat the next 23 hours is the real task.

JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Enjoy your holiday.

But remember its a break, and when you come back you are off that break.

We all need breaks in routines, and holidays, let it be a fun time and enjoy what is going on with the family. Too little quality time is spent with families IMHO.
    Things that are free have no value!

DL 150kg
    Squat 130kg
    BP 100kg
    Press (shamefully) 45kg

pararyan is on a distinguished road. (+10) pararyan is on a distinguished road. (+10) pararyan is on a distinguished road. (+10) pararyan is on a distinguished road. (+10) pararyan is on a distinguished road. (+10) pararyan is on a distinguished road. (+10) pararyan is on a distinguished road. (+10) pararyan is on a distinguished road. (+10) pararyan is on a distinguished road. (+10) pararyan is on a distinguished road. (+10) pararyan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm in a similar situation as you Op. I'm off the Rhodes (Greece) at the end of the month for two weeks, all inclusive. I've just got to make sure I don't eat s*** for the whole fortnight.

I hope you enjoy your holiday though!
    Lieutenant in the British Army; Parachute Regiment.

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by tackett View Post
    so I am going to the beach with the fam soon. The place I'm staying at has a gym...but it looks like it's all smith machines.

What do u do here? I'll be gone for 2 weeks and I don't want to loose my progress. What do I do with this? My first thought would be to keep doing what I've been doing regardless of the machine but I'm not positive.
    Do what you do regardless of machines. I go back and forth between free weights and machines all of the time. I would say that I have gotten better development since I started doing more inclines on smith machines, but there could be other variables at play there as well.

Things I do on the smith machine regularly:

squat/front squat
    bench/incline bench
    press behind head/upright rows
    triceps extensions
    calf raises
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!

Gls133 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gls133 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gls133 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gls133 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gls133 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gls133 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gls133 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gls133 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gls133 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gls133 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gls133 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Utilize what equipment is available.

Mainly focus on your family and provide them and yourself a pleasant vacation.

Creating some lifetime family memories may be the focus of your routine for those 2 weeks.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    When I go out of town I find the local gym and go there. It's usually under $10/day .

tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50) tackett will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks guys.

I wasn't very specific I apologize. I'm doing stronglifts and 14 days off would equate to about 30lbs (5x6) of gains on my lifts lost if I skip, nor do I want to come home and have to deload.

So the consensus is to keep on the program using the smiths?

Usually the kids hit the sack around 8ish. So I was planning on hitting my routine after everyone went to bed. Either that or get up super early and do it before I go fishing (I fish at the beach a lot.)

MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SteveWright1 View Post
    Use the Smiths

it is what I would and often do in similar circumstances ( business travel )

The Smiths will certainly keep you training for those 2 weeks , Squats, Bench press, Rows, Seated military press, Shrugs and probably various other exercises can be done using it
    if the gym has other machines, build them into your training for that 2 week period also
    if they open early morning so much the better as you can get in, get something done and not have it compromise the family time the holiday is all about.

and mostly enjoy the holiday because 2 weeks will not reverse any efforts you have made leading up to it
    This ^^^

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I wasn't very specific I apologize. I'm doing stronglifts and 14 days off would equate to about 30lbs (5x6) of gains on my lifts lost if I skip, nor do I want to come home and have to deload.

So the consensus is to keep on the program using the smiths?

Usually the kids hit the sack around 8ish. So I was planning on hitting my routine after everyone went to bed. Either that or get up super early and do it before I go fishing (I fish at the beach a lot.)
    It's vacation...Why not come up with a new program for two weeks based around the equipment you have? Maybe try a new rep scheme instead of that 5x5 stuff. Have some fun, it's a vacation.

There is nothing wrong with a Smith machine, just lift intelligently and use more conscious and cautious movements (and lighter weights) until you get used to the range of motion. Don't try to do your regular program...because the weights you can lift with the Smith are going to be totally different than what you can with free weights, and the way you move is going to be totally different. If you go balls to the walls with 5x5 on the Smith , being used to free weights, I guarantee 100% you will hurt yourself one way or another.

Lift early in the morning man, not at night...gheesh...VACATION! The kids go to bed at 8...the rest of the evening and night should be spent paying special attention to the lady in your life. The day you choose lifting weights to spending quality time with her is the day she should kick you to the curb! MHO

tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I would use week one as a deload, then workout 3 times in week two, full body each time, one exercise for each body part, to keep you mentally feeling good, get a nice pump, and get you ready to return from the deload

Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    LOL at the fear of machines in the O35 lately. Just LOL...

Oh noez... my stabilizers... SMH

Peloton73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peloton73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peloton73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peloton73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peloton73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peloton73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peloton73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peloton73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peloton73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peloton73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peloton73 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by grubman View Post

Lift early in the morning man, not at night...gheesh...VACATION! The kids go to bed at 8...the rest of the evening and night should be spent paying special attention to the lady in your life. The day you choose lifting weights to spending quality time with her is the day she should kick you to the curb! MHO
    QFT. Words of wisdom.

Originally Posted by Bo_Flecks View Post

I'm not afraid of them. I just want to stick to the program as much as possible.

I just wanted opinions on what to do and I'm getting that. Thanks.

As to spending time with the lady....Eyeroll. Kids in bed by 8, she will be asleep by 830 or 9p. I doubt she will give a crap to worry about what I'm doing.

Plus if the kids are asleep in the room it's not like we can just get up and paint the town.

Having kids is lonely man. It pretty much destroys any together time you ever had with your SO. Unless you can pay someone to hang out in your place, you aren't going anywhere together. Ever.

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Ha ha...because I didn't already raise 2 kiss of my own. Quality time doesn't have to be things you can't do with kids sleeping in the same room...talking, snuggling, doing a puzzle together for gods sake.

I'm not afraid of them. I just want to stick to the program as much as possible.

I just wanted opinions on what to do and I'm getting that. Thanks.

As to spending time with the lady....Eyeroll. Kids in bed by 8, she will be asleep by 830 or 9p. I doubt she will give a crap to worry about what I'm doing.

Plus if the kids are asleep in the room it's not like we can just get up and paint the town.

Having kids is lonely man. It pretty much destroys any together time you ever had with your SO. Unless you can pay someone to hang out in your place, you aren't going anywhere together. Ever.

Originally Posted by grubman View Post
    Ha ha...because I didn't already raise 2 kiss of my own. Quality time doesn't have to be things you can't do with kids sleeping in the same room...talking, snuggling, doing a puzzle together for gods sake.
    I wasn't trying to imply that you didn't know what you were talking about sir. I was just sort of venting.

Truthfully, I'd rather stab myself in the face with a fork than spend anymore time than I have to with that woman.

I wasn't trying to imply that you didn't know what you were talking about sir. I was just sort of venting.
    That's cool...I was just busting your chops.

MarkoKol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarkoKol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarkoKol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarkoKol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarkoKol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarkoKol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarkoKol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarkoKol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarkoKol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarkoKol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarkoKol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Do bodyweight exercises if dont like smith machines.
    Visit my youtube channel for muscle building exercises and tips

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40NNUZfW4VM-dLPnW3wLug

anonymous
    Hah!!! Just got back from my vacay - 10 days, and not a single weight was lifted! Sometimes you just have to LIVE life - you will NOT lose any gains in two weeks - a little endurance, maybe, but that will be made up very quickly when you get back into training. If you absolutely MUST train (trust me, I've been that person), then just utilize what is available...........the earth will continue to spin on its axis, I promise

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I like to train on vacation, because I like training. I just find a gym and make do.

Not worried about gainz loss, or using machines. That's kind of ridiculous.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Personally, I like to use the hotel machines (and dumbells if I'm lucky) when I'm on vacation for a change of pace. I just pause whatever program I am currently on until I get back. I've never felt like I've lost anything and, in fact, my body seems to benefit from the change-up.
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #15 ||---||

MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by EjnarKolinkar View Post
    I like to train on vacation, because I like training. I just find a gym and make do.

Not worried about gainz loss, or using machines. That's kind of ridiculous.
    Originally Posted by Robfitx View Post
    Personally, I like to use the hotel machines (and dumbells if I'm lucky) when I'm on vacation for a change of pace. I just pause whatever program I am currently on until I get back. I've never felt like I've lost anything and, in fact, my body seems to benefit from the change-up.
    Yep, I like training on vacation also. Going to a different gym is kinda fun. Deviating from the normal routine (which almost always happens due to having/not having my usual equipment) is a nice mental break. I've never trained more than 2 days during a week of vacation, though. Just 2 full-body days, and I'm good. Gotta have lots of time for fun outside of the gym as well.

MadFrankie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadFrankie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadFrankie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadFrankie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadFrankie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadFrankie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadFrankie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadFrankie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadFrankie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadFrankie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadFrankie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Take it as a 2 week vacation from your current routine...you'll probably find that a little surprise change will actually help break / avoid any plateaus in your current routine.

I take a couple of resistance bands and a usb stick with some pilates with me when I go on business that way even if there isn't a gym or time to go to the gym I can still do something in my room.

You won't lose anything that you can't get back in just 2 weeks as long as you are sensible with the eating and as everyone has said...just enjoy the 2 weeks. If you train for the next 5 years I guarantee you'll probably miss a couple of weeks during that time because you're ill / busy / injured anyway.
    <rock>me<hard place>

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Bo_Flecks View Post

Precisely. I have asked numerous times and yet nobody can pinpoint exactly what a stabilizer muscle is, gotta love bro-science.

Originally Posted by yogachic52 View Post
    Hah!!! Just got back from my vacay - 10 days, and not a single weight was lifted! Sometimes you just have to LIVE life - you will NOT lose any gains in two weeks - a little endurance, maybe, but that will be made up very quickly when you get back into training.

Same here, just got back from 10 days in Thailand and didn't even think about working out, did a ton of walking and swimming though. Just checked and nope I didn't lose all my gains.
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000)
    Take a break and enjoy your moments with your family. You're not training for the olympics.

Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by yogachic52 View Post
    Hah!!! Just got back from my vacay - 10 days, and not a single weight was lifted! Sometimes you just have to LIVE life - you will NOT lose any gains in two weeks - a little endurance, maybe, but that will be made up very quickly when you get back into training. If you absolutely MUST train (trust me, I've been that person), then just utilize what is available...........the earth will continue to spin on its axis, I promise

This for the win!

Life is to short, spend time and enjoy your vacation!
    400# Bulgarian bicep curl

JungleBoots is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JungleBoots is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JungleBoots is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JungleBoots is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JungleBoots is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JungleBoots is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JungleBoots is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JungleBoots is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JungleBoots is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JungleBoots is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JungleBoots is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    doing the same thing next month. Located a gym that allowed a pay per use - I think 15 bucks a session. Otherwise, Id just use the hotel stuff
    Yes, I am an extremist. Thanks for noticing. - Ted Nugent