RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000)

Bad Habits vs Good Habits (Client perspective)

5 Minute Vlog I just did....watch, then engage.

Let's make some noise and have a conversation. I don't care whether you agree, disagree, or what have you. This conversation needs to be happening. Too many individuals fail to actually achieve long term success.

I'm sure some feathers will be ruffled......GOOD.

https://youtu.be/GHoXtKTvm74

BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I totally disagree about the part wher you mentioned pizza
    Jesus Christ is Lord whether you accept Him or not.

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I break every nutrition 'rule' you have...
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BlackJack619 View Post
    I totally disagree about the part wher you mentioned pizza
    Is this your only relevant point from the video?

First off....I was speaking in generalities. It is obviously not a good thing to be eating pizza 2,3,4 times a week. It is not banned, but rather reserved for cheat days.

And if you don't agree with that, then have fun coaching clients on nutrition and telling them "ohhh pizza is fine. Keep eating it 4 times a week".

Originally Posted by gbullock32 View Post
    I break every nutrition 'rule' you have...
    I didn't really list out rules.

Spoke very generically and really just smack talked all these different fad diets. Could you be more specific? What exactly did you disagree with?

WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    You talk a lot about what, but you don't really address the "how" or the "why" people do what they do. There's a lot of grey area in both sides of what you are discussing. For example, some people prefer a group atmosphere for various reasons. People absolutely can attend group stuff for the rest of their life and achieve results over time, and saying that they can't is kind of silly - it depends on the individual involved.

As for the nutrition stuff, again you talk a lot about what but totally ignore the why. You can't give generic advice to individual people, just like you can't give the same workout to all of your clients.

Oh, and you should shave and not wear a hoodie, but that's just a professionalism thing for me.

Originally Posted by WoofieNugget View Post
    You talk a lot about what, but you don't really address the "how" or the "why" people do what they do. There's a lot of grey area in both sides of what you are discussing. For example, some people prefer a group atmosphere for various reasons. People absolutely can attend group stuff for the rest of their life and achieve results over time, and saying that they can't is kind of silly - it depends on the individual involved.
    I didnt talk "alot" about any topic. There is only 5 minutes. Most average individuals don't want to sit there and listen to philosophy the whole time. They want to know what TO do and what NOT TO do.

And in regards to group classes, let me ask you this.....do you teach these group classes yourself? Sometimes 10, 15, 20 individuals per class? People think they can go to these twice a week and will get skinny (and apparently you do too). It's a very dangerous line of thinking and very "cult like".

They are fine to do as "off day" stuff, but no way should this make up thee entirety of your fitness program. Id go as far as to say that you are being reckless with your advice on this subject.
    As for the nutrition stuff, again you talk a lot about what but totally ignore the why. You can't give generic advice to individual people, just like you can't give the same workout to all of your clients.
    Again....time constraints brother. People dont wanna listen for 10+ minutes about food.

If the generic advice is to too avoid cleanses, detox, 7day juicing, paleo, or any other fad diet....I think I can give that advice and have it be effective.
    Oh, and you should shave and not wear a hoodie, but that's just a professionalism thing for me.
    Good for you pal. If you havent noticed by now, by my posting history, I don't care about "professionalism"....to a degree.

You can't obviously be rude or any of that, but my current appearance is much more comfortable for clients then some clean cut dude in a polo with his hair slicked back. (Looks like an snake oil salesman). I worry less about my looks and you should too. And more about the information.

WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by RamsdenF View Post
    People think they can go to these twice a week and will get skinny (and apparently you do too). It's a very dangerous line of thinking and very "cult like".

They are fine to do as "off day" stuff, but no way should this make up thee entirety of your fitness program. Id go as far as to say that you are being reckless with your advice on this subject.
    You do realize that there are people out there who don't care about getting skinny, ripped or huge, right? There are people who simply want to stay active, healthy and mobile. And they don't have the budget for an individual trainer. Something is better than nothing.

Good for you pal. If you havent noticed by now, by my posting history, I don't care about "professionalism"....to a degree.

You can't obviously be rude or any of that, but my current appearance is much more comfortable for clients then some clean cut dude in a polo with his hair slicked back. (Looks like an snake oil salesman). I worry less about my looks and you should too. And more about the information.
    There really wasn't any information given beyond generic diet advice and avoid group exercise classes (which is an opinion at best).

gaming has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gaming has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gaming has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gaming has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gaming has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gaming has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gaming has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gaming has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gaming has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gaming has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gaming has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have a couple comments and questions for you.

I first of all question who your target audience is. You seem to speak to the person that's taking the boot camp class or doing the crash diet but also direct your comments to the trainer teaching the classes.

I would also only tackle one bite-sized topic at a time. In this 5-minute segment you took on group classes and short term diets but didn't have enough time to explore either fully. You also spent the first 30 seconds explaining what you were trying to do. That's what the information box under the video is for. If you're going to pack 5 minutes full then use the 5 minutes, not the 4.5 minutes. Might have been a better choice to split those topics and have each one as its own segment.

As far as the training commentary is concerned I think it's fine to tell them that a one-size-fits-all approach might be too much or not enough depending on current fitness levels. Obviously there are people on both sides of the spectrum but coaching about when those classes will show maximum benefit isn't wrong. Some people might want to build up to a boot camp; some might need to know what the next step is once classes show diminishing returns. I can speak from experience when I say that it's very easy to be overwhelmed and self-conscious out on the main floor so the anonymity of the back row of a class might help to build good exercise habits and when the client is more comfortable they can more easily transition out. From the perspective of a trainer I feel like those group classes are a great way for you (or others) to connect with people and pick them up for personal training outside of class again building confidence on the floor. You could use that as a way to market yourself as much as motivate. If that's not your thing, that's fine, but it's not strictly wrong for people to want to take group classes. Something is always better than nothing.

Commenting on the nutrition section, it's all good and well to tell people to build good habits day by day but you never delved into what that means I think because you ran out of time but that goes back to my point above that "nutrition" as a concept can't be covered in under 2 minutes.

I would also watch:

I wish you luck with your series!
    "It's a scientific fact that regular unicorns do not lift." -rockangel

rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I commented on the actual video, as I figured that would be more valuable for what you're trying to achieve. The TL;DR of my comment is that I more or less agree with your initial criticisms of standard group fitness and diets, but I think you've over-corrected, so there are some important opportunities being missed out on. It's intended as constructive criticism rather than anything nasty, so I hope my post comes across that way when you see it.
    SQ 172.5kg. BP 105kg. DL 200kg. OHP 62.5kg @ 67.3kg

Greg Everett says: "You take someone who's totally sedentary and you can get 'em stronger by making them pick their nose vigorously for an hour a day."

Sometimes I write things about training: modernstrengthtraining.wordpress.com

Originally Posted by gaming View Post
    I have a couple comments and questions for you.

I first of all question who your target audience is. You seem to speak to the person that's taking the boot camp class or doing the crash diet but also direct your comments to the trainer teaching the classes.
    I was not intending to speak to any trainers. I was just stating a fact that you cannot account for 20+ different individual characteristics in one single workout.
    I would also only tackle one bite-sized topic at a time. In this 5-minute segment you took on group classes and short term diets but didn't have enough time to explore either fully.
    Well I think that is intentional.

Look....I get that this video series may be over simplified for other fitness professionals. They are not my target audience per say. I post to get a message out and for feedback, because I want to form almost a "coalition" of good trainers. We should be using these forums to network and to change the things that are wrong in our industry.

So yes....I did not get into each topic FULLY. But think about it.....the person scrolling through ******** rarely watch videos past 5 minutes. So this video series is just long enough to hold someones attention, and still give some nuggets.

You also spent the first 30 seconds explaining what you were trying to do.
    Well it was the first one....so yes. I'll eat that 30 seconds now to not have to do it going forward.
    As far as the training commentary is concerned I think it's fine to tell them that a one-size-fits-all approach might be too much or not enough depending on current fitness levels. Obviously there are people on both sides of the spectrum but coaching about when those classes will show maximum benefit isn't wrong. Some people might want to build up to a boot camp; some might need to know what the next step is once classes show diminishing returns. I can speak from experience when I say that it's very easy to be overwhelmed and self-conscious out on the main floor so the anonymity of the back row of a class might help to build good exercise habits and when the client is more comfortable they can more easily transition out.
    But in your example here there are only 2 choices: 1)Big Group Class 2)On their own

I reject this premise. If individuals are SERIOUS, they need SERIOUS attention. Group classes are half a$$ in my opinion on this front. Its an illusion that you have some form of "personal trainer" or "coach". My argument....is FOR personal training. Or some other individual attention method.
    From the perspective of a trainer I feel like those group classes are a great way for you (or others) to connect with people and pick them up for personal training outside of class again building confidence on the floor. You could use that as a way to market yourself as much as motivate. If that's not your thing, that's fine, but it's not strictly wrong for people to want to take group classes. Something is always better than nothing.
    I stated that. I am ALL FOR group classes as "off day" work. It IS better than nothing....but again, I reject the premise that those are the only two choices.

As for trainers....sure it's fine for meeting people. But want to know what is the best tool for marketing? RESULTS AND WORD OF MOUTH.

You won't give GREAT results in group classes. It is not the fault of the trainer but rather the design of the classes. Ive taught them....and at the time, you think they are cool, but when I think back to them, it is no good.
    Commenting on the nutrition section, it's all good and well to tell people to build good habits day by day but you never delved into what that means I think because you ran out of time but that goes back to my point above that "nutrition" as a concept can't be covered in under 2 minutes.
    Well that can be addressed in future videos. I think telling people to avoid fad diets and start with something they can stick with long term is a good introductory lesson.

I would also watch:

I wish you luck with your series!
    Thanks. Great questions.

You do realize that there are people out there who don't care about getting skinny, ripped or huge, right? There are people who simply want to stay active, healthy and mobile. And they don't have the budget for an individual trainer. Something is better than nothing.
    This argument is getting old. This "it's taking a class or it's nothing".

I reject this....THOROUGHLY!

Individuals that want to stay active and mobile...go for it. They are the minority. The majority of individuals working out are seeking to lose weight(near 70% of the population is overweight) and that's GOOD. But they will never sustain weight loss if they take two classes a week. It's not their fault....these things are being marketed as the holy grail of fitness. And they are.....for the gym. ($$$$)

Remind me....don't you work at a chain gym currently? I don't remember you ever being a big critic of them.
    There really wasn't any information given beyond generic diet advice and avoid group exercise classes (which is an opinion at best).
    Ya your right. I didn't delve into carb cycling, protein intake, vitamins, etc. People have a hard time developing a generic diet to begin with. I want to squash this theory of fad diets before moving on.

Watch out for the next video. It's a bit more detailed and complicated. Perhaps it will get some trainers off this "too generic" mantra. I just don't want to speak wayyyy above the average individual in the beginning. I can slowly introduce advanced topics as the series progresses.

Originally Posted by rdferguson View Post
    I commented on the actual video, as I figured that would be more valuable for what you're trying to achieve. The TL;DR of my comment is that I more or less agree with your initial criticisms of standard group fitness and diets, but I think you've over-corrected, so there are some important opportunities being missed out on. It's intended as constructive criticism rather than anything nasty, so I hope my post comes across that way when you see it.
    Replied. You definitely were not "nasty" at all brother lol. I have an objective mind for legitimate criticisms. That is how great discussions are started.

klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Constructive Criticism: "It might be wise to come across as less of a douche in your videos."

As someone who doesn't know you - I'm not sure why I would hire you, much less listen to more than 0:30 of your obnoxious rambling.

Cheers.
    Snapchat/Instagram: Mimsthe3rd

T/K Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168429013

Originally Posted by klaximilian View Post
    Constructive Criticism: "It might be wise to come across as less of a douche in your videos."

As someone who doesn't know you - I'm not sure why I would hire you, much less listen to more than 0:30 of your obnoxious rambling.

Cheers.
    Ohhh thought you had vanished from these forums....how disappointing. You keep on telling your jokes and thinking to yourself how funny you are.

All you do is your little "hit n runs" and avoid actual dialect. Thanks for the contributions....not.

Remind me....don't you work at a chain gym currently? I don't remember you ever being a big critic of them.
    I'm a huge critic of chain gyms, but I do think they are a good option for new trainers to build clientele. The business model is completely idiotic and takes advantage of people who don't know any better. I also blame the consumer too, but that is a different discussion.

I run a private studio where trainers pay me to train their clients.

I'm a huge critic of chain gyms, but I do think they are a good option for new trainers to build clientele. The business model is completely idiotic and takes advantage of people who don't know any better. I also blame the consumer too, but that is a different discussion.
    I hear ya....but it's the same reason the "consumers" are still near 70% overweight as a population. Either they are ignorant to the way things work(I believe this) or don't care.

I run a private studio where trainers pay me to train their clients.
    Cool. Then I was wrong to think you worked in a chain gym.

The reason I asked that was because you have to witness/teach group fitness to TRULY understand it and why it is so faulty. Not sure if you teach group fitness at this private studio or not, but I cannot find it in me to promote them as they currently are. Lke ferguson says....perhaps innovation will forge a new brand of group fitness that is actually beneficial for the client in the long run. I just don't see it though as of now. Too much individual attention needed and not enough time to do it with 15+ people per 1 hour(even 45 mins sometimes).

klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Ohhh thought you had vanished from these forums....how disappointing. You keep on telling your jokes and thinking to yourself how funny you are.

All you do is your little "hit n runs" and avoid actual dialect. Thanks for the contributions....not.
    So you don't like my constructive criticism?

Well...Good luck.

Alright. Not that you'll read this, nor care enough to make some changes to your approach, but I'll break down your video for you. Best to leave this here rather than on your YouTube channel.

1. You said "I don't care" 5 times through your 5-minute Vlog. You said it 2 times in the first 0:20 of the video. - This phrase has no place in a Vlog that you can literally re-record or edit. It has no purpose, but instead shows you as narrow-minded and arrogant.
    2. You're speaking pretty aggressively, rather than getting information out there in a respectful, calm manner. - No one is going to want to work a trainer who speaks to them this way.
    3. You're talking way too fast - and often mumbling. - No one can hear what you have to say if you're tripping over your own words.
    4. You made a mocking voice when referring to boot camp and the people who use them. - You're alienating your audience.
    5. Why are you shouting at the camera? (taking #2 to the next level)

No prospective client is going to care about the content you provide when they can't get past the aforementioned list of behaviors you have on-camera. Based on that, I can't imagine anyone would even think to hire you.

if you read that list out one-by-one, you can understand why I said that you come across as a douche in your videos. That may not be you as a person, and I'm saying not you are one, but you're doing your absolute best to paint yourself in that light.

Was that constructive enough for you?

Alright. Not that you'll read this, nor care enough to make some changes to your approach, but I'll break down your video for you. Best to leave this here rather than on your YouTube channel.
    Your like my bb.com stalker. Always trying to receive attention. All you do is smear and they are things that are mainly irrelevant. Ill prove it to you...
    1. You said "I don't care" 5 times through your 5-minute Vlog. You said it 2 times in the first 0:20 of the video. - This phrase has no place in a Vlog that you can literally re-record or edit. It has no purpose, but instead shows you as narrow-minded and arrogant.
    So what? Its in there to make a point. It is not some mistake that needs edited out.
    2. You're speaking pretty aggressively, rather than getting information out there in a respectful, calm manner. - No one is going to want to work a trainer who speaks to them this way.
    This is an opinion. People are aggressive everyday on talk radio and they make plenty of money. If anything....it shows I ACTUALLY give a damn and am passionate about the topic.
    3. You're talking way too fast - and often mumbling. - No one can hear what you have to say if you're tripping over your own words.
    Ohhh I know. So tough. Well I only have 5 minutes and I don't want to slow down my speech for the "slow" people in the audience. Take a 3rd grade reading class pal, it would help.
    4. You made a mocking voice when referring to boot camp and the people who use them. - You're alienating your audience.
    No....just alienating people like you. Jerks who don't understand what a competent program looks like (as a fitness professional). Wasn't making fun of clients, but rather those who choose to revolve their business around them.
    5. Why are you shouting at the camera? (taking #2 to the next level)
    Im starting to wonder if you are having a testosterone issue....

You complain about the most idiotic things. Name me some monotone motivational speakers that speak in complete monotone? They don't pal. Wanna know why? Because that would motivate NOBODY. You gotta be passionate to succeed in this industry. I am not attempting to sit behind this camera with a polo on trying to explain science in a calm manner. I am trying to get people to THINK. And to get PUMPED UP. And to get EXCITED about fitness.
    No prospective client is going to care about the content you provide when they can't get past the aforementioned list of behaviors you have on-camera. Based on that, I can't imagine anyone would even think to hire you.
    Oh can't imagine huh? Then it must really baffle your pea brain to imagine that I actually have an employee. Wow I must be doing soooo poorly. I must be looking to hire a third because of my imagination.
    if you read that list out one-by-one, you can understand why I said that you come across as a douche in your videos. That may not be you as a person, and I'm saying not you are one, but you're doing your absolute best to paint yourself in that light.
    I did read them one by one....and I have destroyed them one by one. They are based on nothing logical. I just get a sense of envy and jealousy. This is not the first time you have really reached to try to criticize.
    Was that constructive enough for you?
    No but it was just the right amount of moron to serve as my foil.

Now look folks....I wouldn't normally care enough to respond to people like this nut. But the guy doesnt stop. He double comments because he seeks attention. He tries to attack character because he cannot attack substance.....in ESSENCE.....he's exactly what is wrong with our industry. He wants to sit here and fight with me instead of seeking to join forces and take on the real issues.

So you keep sitting in that office klaximilian pretending to be a REAL fitness professional. You keep working that boring job then come home and try to morph into a trainer just because you offer online training. Any joe blow can do that. If you ever adjust that attitude of yours and instead want to be a POSITIVE influence in this discussion, just come on back. I would love to have a logical discussion with you on the substance. Not whether my voice volume is too loud for your skirt.

So kind of you to hit each individual point of my post - thank you for taking the time to read it and use absolutely none of it constructively, but rather as a personal attack. You're going to do very well in the fitness industry. And life.

Your like my bb.com stalker. Always trying to receive attention. All you do is smear and they are things that are mainly irrelevant. Ill prove it to you...
    Just because I think it's wildly pathetic how you constantly attempt to prop yourself on a pedestal by bashing other personal trainers, doesn't mean I seek attention. I'm just telling you how it is.

So what? Its in there to make a point. It is not some mistake that needs edited out.
    The point that you don't care about what your consumer thinks? Strong tactic.

This is an opinion. People are aggressive everyday on talk radio and they make plenty of money. If anything....it shows I ACTUALLY give a damn and am passionate about the topic.
    You're not a big-name talk show host on ESPN. You should probably stick to the basics and hope people will trust you enough to give your services a try, if you don't rub them the wrong way.

Ohhh I know. So tough. Well I only have 5 minutes and I don't want to slow down my speech for the "slow" people in the audience. Take a 3rd grade reading class pal, it would help.
    Ah yes, that's right. All great speakers and presenters love to mumble and trip over their words when trying to sell themselves or their ideas. It really grabs the audience.

No....just alienating people like you. Jerks who don't understand what a competent program looks like (as a fitness professional). Wasn't making fun of clients, but rather those who choose to revolve their business around them.
    So I'm a jerk now? Cool. I'll take that as a compliment coming from you. I particularly like the part where you make ignorant assumptions about my "lack of understanding" of how a competent program is designed.

Im starting to wonder if you are having a testosterone issue....
    I had my T-leves tested recently and they are slightly above average. Thank you for your concern.

You complain about the most idiotic things. Name me some monotone motivational speakers that speak in complete monotone? They don't pal. Wanna know why? Because that would motivate NOBODY. You gotta be passionate to succeed in this industry. I am not attempting to sit behind this camera with a polo on trying to explain science in a calm manner. I am trying to get people to THINK. And to get PUMPED UP. And to get EXCITED about fitness.
    Sorry to break this to you, but as an entrepreneur your biggest tool outside of knowledge is sales. Judging by the way you present yourself and your information both on BB.com and YouTube, you'd probably have difficulty selling dope to a junkie.

Oh can't imagine huh? Then it must really baffle your pea brain to imagine that I actually have an employee. Wow I must be doing soooo poorly. I must be looking to hire a third because of my imagination.
    I'm happy for you that you have an employee. I do feel a little sorry for the employee, however.

I did read them one by one....and I have destroyed them one by one.

I just get a sense of envy and jealousy. This is not the first time you have really reached to try to criticize.
    ....and clearly you have an over-inflated sense of self-worth. News flash: No one here envies you.

Now look folks....I wouldn't normally care enough to respond to people like this nut. But the guy doesnt stop. He double comments because he seeks attention. He tries to attack character because he cannot attack substance.....in ESSENCE.....he's exactly what is wrong with our industry. He wants to sit here and fight with me instead of seeking to join forces and take on the real issues.
    So I'm "A nut who doesn't stop" because I said something that ruffled your feathers? Aren't you the one that was hoping that this video would piss people off and now you stand here b*tching and moaning about someone disagreeing with you and your approach?

It's comical how that worked out.

So you keep sitting in that office klaximilian pretending to be a REAL fitness professional.You keep working that boring job then come home and try to morph into a trainer just because you offer online training.
    Funny you mention that, since you know absolutely zero about my business, how I conduct it, or the circumstance that influence the way I conduct it. But I expected nothing less from you.

If you ever adjust that attitude of yours and instead want to be a POSITIVE influence in this discussion, just come on back.
    Oh, the irony...

I would love to have a logical discussion with you on the substance. Not whether my voice volume is too loud for your skirt.
    OK. Lets discuss why you instruct your clients to eat 1.5g/lb of protein and immediately have a post-workout recovery drink, and then a protein drink shortly after like it has magical benefits for the random "Joe Blow," if I may steal your coined term there.

Oh, right. That was already discussed here:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...6511441&page=4

You probably shouldn't claim to be more educated than the average trainer when you clearly preach outdated science. And you still wonder why I don't waste my time discussing science with you?

Best of luck in the future, Francis. I'm afraid you're going to need it.

Just because I think it's wildly pathetic how you constantly attempt to prop yourself on a pedestal by bashing other personal trainers, doesn't mean I seek attention. I'm just telling you how it is.
    Let me ask you something....what is the % of population that is overweight? Obese? Is that trend increasing or decreasing?
    You're not a big-name talk show host on ESPN. You should probably stick to the basics and hope people will trust you enough to give your services a try, if you don't rub them the wrong way
    Will never agree with that.

We need MORE people to be bold and to express their opinions. Not suppress and censor individuals.
    So I'm a jerk now? Cool. I'll take that as a compliment coming from you. I particularly like the part where you make ignorant assumptions about my "lack of understanding" of how a competent program is designed.
    You make zero comments on actual personal training. You want to talk about the volume of my voice instead.

You defend the current state of personal trainers as a whole. You apparently defend group fitness. So ya...I would love to talk about competence and what your opinions are about things that actually matter.
    Sorry to break this to you, but as an entrepreneur your biggest tool outside of knowledge is sales. Judging by the way you present yourself and your information both on BB.com and YouTube, you'd probably have difficulty selling dope to a junkie.
    I couldn't disagree with this more....

Sales, sales, sales. It pretty much sums up what is wrong with the industry. We have salesman dressed up as trainers. We have gyms worried more about $$$/hr then paying their employees a worthy compensation. Sales is not the biggest tool outside of knowledge. The service should SELL ITSELF, if it's worth what you charge.

I'm not sure what would be 2nd to be honest, their are a lot of great choices.
    OK. Lets discuss why you instruct your clients to eat 1.5g/lb of protein and immediately have a post-workout recovery drink, and then a protein drink shortly after like it has magical benefits for the random "Joe Blow," if I may steal your coined term there.

Oh, right. That was already discussed here:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...6511441&page=4

You probably shouldn't claim to be more educated than the average trainer when you clearly preach outdated science. And you still wonder why I don't waste my time discussing science with you?
    Then stop responding to my threads. I dont force you to watch and read what I write. I dont get the whole "its a waste of time", yet you read, watch, and leave your comments.

That discussion is something I would have any time. If you notice your responses in that thread......no substance; all attacks on things that are not relevant to the discussion. I literally was the only one posting scientific research for 2+ pages.

Look man....I don't know what your personal(no substance) beef is and frankly don't care. Other people might sit here and go back n forth with you for 7 pages. I won't because it is a waste of time. You don't have a real interest in talking about protein or supplements.

Let me ask you something....what is the % of population that is overweight? Obese? Is that trend increasing or decreasing?
    Sorry, a moment to laugh at this pop quiz.

We need MORE people to be bold and to express their opinions. Not suppress and censor individuals.
    Yes, that would be great. However it's far more important to know what you're talking about. Bold/Brash ==/== Better.

You make zero comments on actual personal training. You want to talk about the volume of my voice instead.
    No one is going to care about your content if your delivery is awful. I was trying to be constructive to help get your message across, but you took offense to my critiques instead.

You defend the current state of personal trainers as a whole. You apparently defend group fitness.
    Not sure where you get this from.

Sales, sales, sales. It pretty much sums up what is wrong with the industry. We have salesman dressed up as trainers. We have gyms worried more about $$$/hr then paying their employees a worthy compensation. Sales is not the biggest tool outside of knowledge. The service should SELL ITSELF, if it's worth what you charge.
    "Sorry to break this to you, but as an entrepreneur your biggest tool outside of knowledge is sales."
    Having trouble grasping the simple syntax of my post?

Knowledge is #1, always. But beyond that if you can't package and present your knowledge to a way that grabs the attention of your target audience, unfortunately you're not going to see great success.

But please continue to make it appear as though I prioritize sales before knowledge. That was fun.

That discussion is something I would have any time. If you notice your responses in that thread......no substance; all attacks on things that are not relevant to the discussion. I literally was the only one posting scientific research for 2+ pages.
    I don't discuss science with those are ignorant to relevant studies and think far too highly of themselves. Your post history here is Exhibit A.

Then stop responding to my threads. I dont force you to watch and read what I write. I dont get the whole "its a waste of time", yet you read, watch, and leave your comments.
    Sounds like you only want to hear from people that agree with you. Point taken. Carry on.

Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    5 Minute Vlog I just did....watch, then engage.

Let's make some noise and have a conversation. I don't care whether you agree, disagree, or what have you. This conversation needs to be happening. Too many individuals fail to actually achieve long term success.

I'm sure some feathers will be ruffled......GOOD.

https://youtu.be/GHoXtKTvm74
    I liked it(literally). I would advise you to improve the production quality, but everything else is good. Helps to show the difference between exercise and training.
    NASM (CPT)
    ISSA (CFT)

Originally Posted by Endevorforever View Post
    I liked it(literally). I would advise you to improve the production quality, but everything else is good. Helps to show the difference between exercise and training.
    Thanks man.

Yes you are right about quality. I will try to improve things over time. I am trying to focus on the content right now because that is easily controlled.

I would be open to even collaborating with other fitness professionals (on bb.com perhaps) and make it almost an interview format. I am just trying to start conversations about topics that mainly go unchallenged. I didn't post here to pat myself on the back.