blasco1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Triceps as a limiting factor in bench press

I always fail in the bench press way above my chest; I have enough strength to push the bar far from me the first inches. My problem is in the lockout, right before the end of ROM, so I guess it is related to my triceps strength. My question is, should I include more triceps volume on my workouts (I use fullbody workouts, 3 times a week) or should I let my tris rest in order to be ready for the next day? Thanks!

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would recommend board presses at the level at where you start to fail on your lockout.
    Get several (4-5)2x6 boards 14" long,put velcro between them to keep them together.
    Put them under your shirt or sweat jacket and bench pausing on the board then press it to lockout.
    3 or 4 boards for you probably.
    You should feel your triceps getting a good amount of work.
    Try this for about a month with as heavy as you can in good form for sets of 3 then check your BP again.
    You should be able to get that sticking point stronger.

NateSteen will become famous soon enough. (+50) NateSteen will become famous soon enough. (+50) NateSteen will become famous soon enough. (+50) NateSteen will become famous soon enough. (+50) NateSteen will become famous soon enough. (+50) NateSteen will become famous soon enough. (+50) NateSteen will become famous soon enough. (+50) NateSteen will become famous soon enough. (+50) NateSteen will become famous soon enough. (+50) NateSteen will become famous soon enough. (+50) NateSteen will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would say in addition to the above info, do more tricep work. I'm not saying you do, but people for whatever reason put so much effort into their biceps, but the triceps are a significantly larger muscle and a far bigger contributor to bigger arms and lifting more weight in other lifts. Personally, thick and ripped tri's are so much more impressive than a big bicep....that's just me though. I feel the same way about hamstrings too....so take that for whatever it's worth.
    Vive Shake Team rider
    "Base Layer nutrition."
    An organic, raw, whole food nutritional drink mix.

ACSM CPT.

Fast-twitch ftw.

ForwardEver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ForwardEver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ForwardEver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ForwardEver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ForwardEver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ForwardEver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ForwardEver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ForwardEver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    start doing tons of pushdowns, extensions and kickbacks. as much as you can handle. your bench will shoot up in a few weeks garruntee'd. triceps is the limiting factor in almost ALL lifters except for some advanced lifters. the chest gets too much credit in the bench.

nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I agree with the above about hammering your triceps. Mine recover super quick and if I want I can get them in 4 or even 5 times a week. I nailed my OHP for 200X10 recently and it is NOT because I have strong shoulders, it is because I really go nuts on my triceps. Aesthetically speaking triceps are a fantastic muscle to work as they directly translate into the "gunz" look in a T-shirt, they actually matter even more than biceps when it comes to this.

I like 3 triceps exercises:

Cable press down (randomly pick straight bar, V bar or rope)
    Sitting cable overhead extension (randomly pick EZ curl attachment or rope)
    Single arm reverse grip cable press down into kickback <- very humbling if done correctly, there is no way to use a lot of weight.

I pick 2 of these and do them at the end of chest and shoulders so I get them 4 times on my split, a 5th time if I really feel strong. Go for volume, not massive weight on these.