JuiceBigalow87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Focus on the weight lifted or muscle contraction?

Whats more important? Keeping track of the numbers and the weight lifted or just focusing and doing whatever needs to be done to make sure you are feeling your target muscle group for the day get annihilated? It's hard for me to tell because i don't get sore anymore. With my diet/training/recovery being so solid its hard to know whats best for stimulating pure growth.

Kennibwoii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kennibwoii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kennibwoii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kennibwoii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kennibwoii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kennibwoii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kennibwoii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kennibwoii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kennibwoii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kennibwoii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kennibwoii will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Form / muscle contraction over weights in my opinion. Perhaps the last few reps can have bad form / cheat to get them up/down, but you should always keep your form in chech.

mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Kennibwoii View Post
    Form / muscle contraction over weights in my opinion. Perhaps the last few reps can have bad form / cheat to get them up/down, but you should always keep your form in chech.
    I don't think that's what he's asking.

OP, follow a routine and don't rely on how your muscles feel.
    Beginner routines commonly suggested:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167958293

Location: Hartlepool, Cleveland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    DanielHutch is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DanielHutch is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DanielHutch is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DanielHutch is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DanielHutch is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DanielHutch is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DanielHutch is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DanielHutch is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DanielHutch is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DanielHutch is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DanielHutch is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by Kennibwoii View Post
    You can have good form without going for a contraction.

OP, you should be focusing on progressive overload and getting stronger on whatever your lifting over time
    Training Clips: https://www.instagram.com/danhutch96/

HazemJ93 is a name known to all. (+5000) HazemJ93 is a name known to all. (+5000) HazemJ93 is a name known to all. (+5000) HazemJ93 is a name known to all. (+5000) HazemJ93 is a name known to all. (+5000) HazemJ93 is a name known to all. (+5000) HazemJ93 is a name known to all. (+5000) HazemJ93 is a name known to all. (+5000) HazemJ93 is a name known to all. (+5000) HazemJ93 is a name known to all. (+5000) HazemJ93 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Adding more weights with bad form isn't gonna make you gain much and will probably result in an injury.

Doing a correct form while curling butterfly weights for endless reps won't get you anywhere either.

Both are equally important.

lgmorissette has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lgmorissette has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lgmorissette has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lgmorissette has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lgmorissette has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lgmorissette has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lgmorissette has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lgmorissette has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lgmorissette has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lgmorissette has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lgmorissette has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DanielHutch View Post
    You can have good form without going for a contraction.

OP, you should be focusing on progressive overload and getting stronger on whatever your lifting over time
    IMO you are right and wrong.

It's true that you can have a perfect form but you don't contract your muscles the right way.

Tho, he should focus on the progressive overload with a weight that he can get the maximal contraction. Ben Pakulski explained perfectly why your first concern should be muscle contraction. If your concentration goes on moving the weight, not all the tension will go in the muscle you're working on. The most part will but not completely. So if you want maximal results, you need to be able to contract as much as possible the targeted muscle.

CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Both. In my routines I incorporate both heavy weight "faster, more explosive" lifts as well as lighter weight, slower, form focused "feel the burn.. SQUEEEEZE" type lifts.

CFysique is not very well liked. (-100) CFysique is not very well liked. (-100) CFysique is not very well liked. (-100) CFysique is not very well liked. (-100) CFysique is not very well liked. (-100) CFysique is not very well liked. (-100) CFysique is not very well liked. (-100) CFysique is not very well liked. (-100) CFysique is not very well liked. (-100) CFysique is not very well liked. (-100) CFysique is not very well liked. (-100)
    Numbers work you ego. Contraction wprks your muscles

Andkre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andkre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andkre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andkre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andkre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andkre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andkre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andkre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andkre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andkre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andkre will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JuiceBigalow87 View Post
    Whats more important? Keeping track of the numbers and the weight lifted or just focusing and doing whatever needs to be done to make sure you are feeling your target muscle group for the day get annihilated? It's hard for me to tell because i don't get sore anymore. With my diet/training/recovery being so solid its hard to know whats best for stimulating pure growth.
    If you focus on the contraction the weight will be lifted