mimitaco will become famous soon enough. (+50) mimitaco will become famous soon enough. (+50) mimitaco will become famous soon enough. (+50) mimitaco will become famous soon enough. (+50) mimitaco will become famous soon enough. (+50) mimitaco will become famous soon enough. (+50) mimitaco will become famous soon enough. (+50) mimitaco will become famous soon enough. (+50) mimitaco will become famous soon enough. (+50) mimitaco will become famous soon enough. (+50) mimitaco will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Angry Help! My banker f!#&$* up!!

I applied and was approved for a credit card with my credit union. I received my card in the mail, made some transactions for the holidays and went about my merry way.

I went into my online banking to look at my accounts and I saw the transactions I made on the credit card were taken out of my funds in the account.

I can't speak to anyone just yet being that it is a credit union and today is Sunday but after much digging and confusion I have figured that the card I received in the mail Is a check card.

The funds in my account had a strict purpose and were going towards moving/deposit for a rental. I am pregnant, due in two months and we were trying to move before baby. There was absolutely NO leeway in the use of the funds available in my account.

Now, we are short and can't just pick up and leave when we find the place we want because of something I believe was a mistake due to carelessness.

What exactly will my bank be able to do at this point? Even If they rush me the actual credit card, I'm afraid there is nothing they can do about those liquid funds. I did intend to make those purchases but if we had to use our money readily available in our savings, we would have done things much differently, if at all.

Everything will be fine in time and well sh*t if we have to move later but when you're on a time crunch and budgeting and saving all the time and keeping track of every penny, someone's simple f*ck up carries much more than the dollar signs associated with it.
    No wealth like health. Fortunes lost may be earned again but once health is lost, it's a different story.

reneesmythe will become famous soon enough. (+50) reneesmythe will become famous soon enough. (+50) reneesmythe will become famous soon enough. (+50) reneesmythe will become famous soon enough. (+50) reneesmythe will become famous soon enough. (+50) reneesmythe will become famous soon enough. (+50) reneesmythe will become famous soon enough. (+50) reneesmythe will become famous soon enough. (+50) reneesmythe will become famous soon enough. (+50) reneesmythe will become famous soon enough. (+50) reneesmythe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hi

Congratulations on the pregnancy. I'm sure your nesting hormones are in full swing.

Call your credit card company in the morning. It will be OK. People make mistakes.
    Did you fill out the application for the credit card, online, or on the phone?

A couple of things could have happened.
    1. You may have just coincidentally received a re-issue of your check/debit card, at the same time a credit card was approved. And maybe the credit card has not arrived yet.

2. The person handling your transaction (assuming you were speaking to someone to get a credit card approved) could have processed a bank/atm card instead, but that is highly unlikely, as they are handled very differently.

If you have a credit card application in, and it is approved. Ask them to rush the delivery.

If you have enough room with your limit on your credit card, you can do a cash advance...which means, you just take your credit card either to an atm ($400 daily limit)--or for more money, you can go into a bank to get a cash advance. You just need your credit card and a picture i.d...if this is the option you choose, explain to your credit card company the mistake. Ask them to waive any fees and interest for doing a cash advance on your credit card, (when you receive it). If they say no, ask to speak to their manager.

Good luck.

Let me know if you have any questions.

mimitaco will become famous soon enough. (+50) mimitaco will become famous soon enough. (+50) mimitaco will become famous soon enough. (+50) mimitaco will become famous soon enough. (+50) mimitaco will become famous soon enough. (+50) mimitaco will become famous soon enough. (+50) mimitaco will become famous soon enough. (+50) mimitaco will become famous soon enough. (+50) mimitaco will become famous soon enough. (+50) mimitaco will become famous soon enough. (+50) mimitaco will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by reneesmythe View Post
    Hi

Congratulations on the pregnancy. I'm sure your nesting hormones are in full swing.

Call your credit card company in the morning. It will be OK. People make mistakes.
    Did you fill out the application for the credit card, online, or on the phone?

A couple of things could have happened.
    1. You may have just coincidentally received a re-issue of your check/debit card, at the same time a credit card was approved. And maybe the credit card has not arrived yet.

2. The person handling your transaction (assuming you were speaking to someone to get a credit card approved) could have processed a bank/atm card instead, but that is highly unlikely, as they are handled very differently.

If you have a credit card application in, and it is approved. Ask them to rush the delivery.

If you have enough room with your limit on your credit card, you can do a cash advance...which means, you just take your credit card either to an atm ($400 daily limit)--or for more money, you can go into a bank to get a cash advance. You just need your credit card and a picture i.d...if this is the option you choose, explain to your credit card company the mistake. Ask them to waive any fees and interest for doing a cash advance on your credit card, (when you receive it). If they say no, ask to speak to their manager.

Good luck.

Let me know if you have any questions.
    Thank you! Nesting and every other hormone is in full swing!! I began crying for everything now.

Youre awesome, very helpful! And ding ding ding to option number 1!!

I called the bank and i do have the credit card already on the way but the woman i spoke with did say the banker reissued me another card from my account. She also said there werent any notes as to why i was being issued another card but the card was reissued the same day i completed my credit application. Unfortunately that banker was not there today to ask why she issued another card with when i did not request one, shall have to speak with her tomorrow.

When i called to activate the card i was not asked to set up a pin and when we made the purchases they came up as credit so naturally i didn't have any inclination that the card was anything other than credit. I didn't take the activation phone number sticker off the front of the card but had i then i would have seen it clearly says "check card" on the top, but so what, i didn't practice due diligence because i didn't take the sticker off?

We definitely intended to make these purchases but not have a big chunk come out of that money All at once. The end of my statement period would not have been for another 1.5 mo giving ample time to pay it off.

We did find and viewed a house last night that we would love to move into. Luckily moving in two weeks would prorate both monthly rents so we can move for less than we originally prepared for.
    No wealth like health. Fortunes lost may be earned again but once health is lost, it's a different story.

SmcAtUb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmcAtUb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmcAtUb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmcAtUb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmcAtUb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmcAtUb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmcAtUb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmcAtUb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmcAtUb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmcAtUb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmcAtUb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mimitaco View Post
    I applied and was approved for a credit card with my credit union. I received my card in the mail, made some transactions for the holidays and went about my merry way.

I went into my online banking to look at my accounts and I saw the transactions I made on the credit card were taken out of my funds in the account.

I can't speak to anyone just yet being that it is a credit union and today is Sunday but after much digging and confusion I have figured that the card I received in the mail Is a check card.

The funds in my account had a strict purpose and were going towards moving/deposit for a rental. I am pregnant, due in two months and we were trying to move before baby. There was absolutely NO leeway in the use of the funds available in my account.

Now, we are short and can't just pick up and leave when we find the place we want because of something I believe was a mistake due to carelessness.

What exactly will my bank be able to do at this point? Even If they rush me the actual credit card, I'm afraid there is nothing they can do about those liquid funds. I did intend to make those purchases but if we had to use our money readily available in our savings, we would have done things much differently, if at all.

Everything will be fine in time and well sh*t if we have to move later but when you're on a time crunch and budgeting and saving all the time and keeping track of every penny, someone's simple f*ck up carries much more than the dollar signs associated with it.

I'm not sure what you bought, if it's returnable or not, or what the store's return policy is like but returning and rebuying your items might be an option.