Dominionofgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dominionofgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dominionofgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dominionofgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dominionofgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dominionofgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dominionofgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dominionofgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dominionofgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dominionofgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dominionofgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Disabled diet help

First off, ill flat out admit i don't know all to much of what im doing here. Ive read a good bit, but it can be overwhelming to some.

Im about 6ft, 135lbs. Skinny as hell. Friends like to refer to me as the holocaust victim :/
    I wasn't ever to active as a teen and maintained that body weight without trying. In 2008 (the day before my 21st b-day) i injured my back at work. Extra short story is it left me disabled. Spent time in physical therapy to be able to walk again. (Sad part is, for generally living, its not always the worst health problem. But probably only one relevant to this post). Needless to say since then my activity level is almost non existent. Just basic moving around the house, or travel to a store if need be.

Food intake over the years is very little as well. Money issues aside, for a long time i would get sick if i ate the first few hours after waking up. Combined with sleeping 12 hours a day (numerous medical problems together) it leaves little time over all for eating. In fact there are nights ive laid down to go to sleep when i suddenly remembered that i hadn't ate all day. Despite that, ive maintained a 130-135lbs weight for many years.

After 6~ years of inactivity my goal is to both get back into a decent aerobic shape and well as gain some muscle strength; as its the best course of action to help with my disability. Strengthening up mussels to help support my core and back/neck.

Im trying to put together a daily diet that is manageable (in terms of money and efficiency) and effective for that goal. (Not worrying about different food/ same food every day stuff atm)

Few weeks ago i ran numbers from links in one of the threads on this site to come up with a maintenance intake of 1832 calories to maintain current body weight. +10% (183.2)(for gaining) = 2015.2 calories.

Not to often you get to hear someone at 2000cal is gaining....

This is what im looking at so far...

Skinless-boneless chicken breast (300g serving) - Fat 3g / Carbs 0g / Protein 69g / Calories 330
    Rice (1bag / 5 1/3oz) - F 0g / C 129g / P 12g / Cal 570
    (currently using a bag rice since i always screwed up cooking regular. Thats why rice numbers are the numbers they are atm.)

Broccoli (151g) - F 1g / C 10g / P 4g / Cal 51
    Banana (7-8" long) - F 0g / C 27g / P 1g / Cal 105

Second chicken breast (300g serving) - Fat 3g / Carbs 0g / Protein 69g / Calories 330
    (added to try and balance numbers. Figured id split bag of rice into two. One for each breast.)

Total so far:
    Fat: 7g
    Carbs: 166g
    Protein: 155g
    Calories: 1386

--------

I was looking at something along the lines of
    0.5g/lbs fat = 67.5g
    1.4g/lbs carb = 189g
    1.1g/lbs protein = 148.5g
    2015.2 Calories
    (currently 135lbs)

So already over protein a bit. And pretty close with carbs already. But next to no fat. (never thought id have that issue). As a result it is throwing the total calories way down as well.

Im looking for any help or suggestion with this list or with anything im missing or should know; etc.

Thanks for any input!

jinkty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jinkty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jinkty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jinkty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jinkty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jinkty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jinkty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jinkty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jinkty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jinkty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jinkty has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Full fat dairy, ice cream, dark chocolate, nuts, oils, (peanut) butter, avocados, fatty fish (mackerel, sardines, anchovies, salmon) steak, and some.
    Once you're eating above your fat (and protein) minimum, the balance of carbs/fat/protein is up to you, personal pref.

Eating 150g of broccoli is not all that healthy, either.. there are lots of micros and one vegetable won't cover them all, as you can see in the vitamin and mineral section of the link you posted.
    Look into organs (pate, anyone?) if it's a matter of stomach volume.

Dominionofgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dominionofgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dominionofgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dominionofgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dominionofgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dominionofgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dominionofgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dominionofgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dominionofgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dominionofgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dominionofgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jinkty View Post
    Full fat dairy, ice cream, dark chocolate, nuts, oils, (peanut) butter, avocados, fatty fish (mackerel, sardines, anchovies, salmon) steak, and some.
    Once you're eating above your fat (and protein) minimum, the balance of carbs/fat/protein is up to you, personal pref.

Eating 150g of broccoli is not all that healthy, either.. there are lots of micros and one vegetable won't cover them all, as you can see in the vitamin and mineral section of the link you posted.
    The broccoli was a suggestion from else where. I found it a little odd myself for the same reason. - On that note; i dont know if it would change anything or not but i forgot to mention that i also take 3 pills after getting up. A 1000mg garlic softgel, Flaxseed oil 2400mg/1080mg omega-3, and a multi vitamin 22 supplements (no iron). But i have no issue with changing broccoli over to say a frozen bag of mixed vegetables or something. Would probably prefer it actually, taste wise.

I gotta admit i find it very odd mentally to be short on fat, and actually looking for it. We know how 'society perceives stuff' and even if you know better it can still be odd. Getting suggestions to add things like ice cream or chocolate to HELP this type of diet out... lol

Thanks for the reply!

respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Dominionofgod View Post
    First off, ill flat out admit i don't know all to much of what im doing here. Ive read a good bit, but it can be overwhelming to some.

Im about 6ft, 135lbs. Skinny as hell. Friends like to refer to me as the holocaust victim :/
    I wasn't ever to active as a teen and maintained that body weight without trying. In 2008 (the day before my 21st b-day) i injured my back at work. Extra short story is it left me disabled. Spent time in physical therapy to be able to walk again. (Sad part is, for generally living, its not always the worst health problem. But probably only one relevant to this post). Needless to say since then my activity level is almost non existent. Just basic moving around the house, or travel to a store if need be.

Thanks for any input!
    Sounds like me and you are in a similar boat lol. Standing / walking / carrying anything is usually impossible. Also a severe leg injury.

You want to get in shape and look better. Its done the same way as everyone else. You just have to do it within your physical restrictions as I have done

Originally Posted by respawn View Post
    Sounds like me and you are in a similar boat lol. Standing / walking / carrying anything is usually impossible. Also a severe leg injury.

You want to get in shape and look better. Its done the same way as everyone else. You just have to do it within your physical restrictions as I have done
    yea thats easier said then done'
    The disability injury is just the start of that long list. Even have breathing issues where i cant breath right while laying flat down. So things like a standard bench press are out of the question. Forced to do an inclined version of it so i can breath. - And every time i have started up in the past something else went wrong. It kinda makes be scared to try again....
    But i need to. And diet is the first step'

respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000)
    yea thats easier said then done'
    The disability injury is just the start of that long list. Even have breathing issues where i cant breath right while laying flat down. So things like a standard bench press are out of the question. Forced to do an inclined version of it so i can breath. - And every time i have started up in the past something else went wrong. It kinda makes be scared to try again....
    But i need to. And diet is the first step'
    That's why I said within your physical restrictions. My max bench is $150kg, that's 330lbs raw. Nearly made my 2nd rep clean. Sometimes by back hurts too much to bench press as well. Just got to do what you can within your physical restrictions. Good luck.

Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    4 herniated Lumbar discs among many other spine,nerve and mobility issues and need a spinal fusion

Been dealing with this since 5/2012

The pain is the absolute worst even with medication but unless your in a wheelchair you need to get the disabled thought out your head

While you and I are partially disabled, you can still do stuff brother.

Which discs are injured???

Total so far:
    Fat: 7g
    Carbs: 166g
    Protein: 155g
    Calories: 1386

0.5g/lbs fat = 67.5g
    1.4g/lbs carb = 189g
    2015.2 Calories
    (currently 135lbs)
    Originally Posted by jinkty View Post

I switched out the broccoli for 1/2 cup frozen mixed vegetables. And added some unsalted peanuts to try and get some fat content in there.

Puts new total at,
    F=63g
    C=188g
    P=186g
    Cal=2034

which is much closer (and probably healthier then straight broccoli) to the original goal i was looking at. Quite a bit higher on the protein lvl tho, especially after adding the peanuts for fat.
    0.5g/lbs fat = 67.5g
    1.4g/lbs carb = 189g
    2015.2 Calories
    (currently 135lbs)

That's why I said within your physical restrictions. My max bench is $150kg, that's 330lbs raw. Nearly made my 2nd rep clean. Sometimes by back hurts too much to bench press as well. Just got to do what you can within your physical restrictions. Good luck.
    I wasn't mocking or retorting at you or anything. Please don't take that the wrong way. I was merely adding info to it.
    On a side note: i cant imagine 330lbs... I remember after getting home from my last day of work, i got out of the car (passenger side) and lifted up a drink bottle that weighed about 2 lbs. It triggered quite a reaction through my back which cause me to collapse in the middle of the street and i couldn't get up or move. Thankfully it was very early (worked night shift) and there were no vehicles. Because if there had been... well i sure would hope they were paying attention because there would have been nothing i could have done. - So the idea of 330lbs to me... even once... is like 0.0 lol

Originally Posted by Come at me bro View Post
    4 herniated Lumbar discs among many other spine,nerve and mobility issues and need a spinal fusion

Been dealing with this since 5/2012

The pain is the absolute worst even with medication but unless your in a wheelchair you need to get the disabled thought out your head

While you and I are partially disabled, you can still do stuff brother.

Which discs are injured???
    According to my doctors and the state, im considered disabled. And im not going to try and argue that. (Especially after fighting years to make it that way). I can manage, for the most part, day to day activities as long as im not away form my bed to long. Because when that back is fed up, it doesn't want anything more to do period. Sitting is even worse. I have ordered and use special high density memory foam padding to use on my padded chair just to be able to sit. Normal seats are beyond painful. For a while i was using two separate 4 inch thick cushions, before the HD memory foam was suggested to me. Its not often you get the hear this from someone in our position, but physical labor with this back injury would actually be easier then a sit down job. (Both still painful as hell tho.)

I have L5-S1 herniation. And several others bulging in the lower and middle back. I am also damn certain i have a few herniation's in the upper back and definitely the neck. But at the time of the injury in 2008 i was unable to afford MRIs for upper and neck, so i don't have the proof of it.

Since then i have developed a lack of ability in handling any real sugar or caffeine. It can knock my ass out quick. It makes me feel like ive been injected with anesthesia but it lasts all day long. Ive also developed Massive allergic reactions. Started with a weakened immune system. Made me vulnerable to cigarette smoke or 'smoke allergies'. But smoke allergies cant be treated with meds, because meds target protein based allergies, and smoke is not protein based. But it does make your body have reactions to all kinds of things your not even allergic to. If a reaction is triggered then its gave over. Your whole entire day is shot. There is no salvation for it. Just sit next to a trash can all day cause you aint moving far. (hacking **** up, violent sneezing that will tear your throat apart till u cant even talk, blowing nose is never ending. And now im allergic to breathing in tissue, TP, napkins, paper towels ect.) I swear these reaction are often far worse then the injury and thats bad enough.

I tried starting back up on the excersieing one time, and every time i started i got hit with these reactions. And you cant (shouldn't) try lifting under those circumstances. Next time i tried starting up again my ankle kept randomly giving out on me and i would collapse to the floor. Not something u want happening mid rep. Then after moving out of state after my father died, my knees went berserk. Took a few months before i could even bend them again.

There is plenty more, but you get the picture. Its a PITA!!
    Here's hoping 10th times the charm!!

I am disabled too mate since 2006

I laughed at benching 100kg a few years ago. But over time you will learn more of what you can and cant do. your condition may improve even. Can always be worse. Some days I cant even go food shopping.

I am disabled too mate since 2006

I laughed at benching 100kg a few years ago. But over time you will learn more of what you can and cant do. your condition may improve even. Can always be worse. Some days I cant even go food shopping.
    some days i cant eve get out of bed. Real problematic when u have to go to the bathroom rly bad. But i get what you mean. And im certainly hoping im able to get back in shape and that it helps improve my situation. Made even more so since my docs said my options are increase my muscle strength or surgery. ... so yea, rly rly hoping for the increase muscle strength lol.

Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Come at me bro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Op I feel you

Actually a physical job wouldn't be better, I can't do a physical one but I resorted to a desk job, sitting is hell and painful, standing isn't much better because my sacrum is out of place, basically your sacrum locks into the other bones when you are standing and unlocks when your sitting, mine is unlocked all the time, laying down is the only time I'm comtable, I remember when I couldn't get out of bed or in

I also have bumps and lumps over the sacrum, I can't sit up straight nor stand up or lean against something, there's literally a different stabbing part for anyplace I touch, they don't feel like it's nessecirally to remove even though it's obviously impacting several nerves

Is this workers comp? Mine is and it's beyond a headache and they deny everything, it's literally hell

Did you workout before you got hurt, my doctor told me it's what saved my ability to walk

Op I feel you

Actually a physical job wouldn't be better, I can't do a physical one but I resorted to a desk job, sitting is hell and painful, standing isn't much better because my sacrum is out of place, basically your sacrum locks into the other bones when you are standing and unlocks when your sitting, mine is unlocked all the time, laying down is the only time I'm comtable, I remember when I couldn't get out of bed or in

I also have bumps and lumps over the sacrum, I can't sit up straight nor stand up or lean against something, there's literally a different stabbing part for anyplace I touch, they don't feel like it's nessecirally to remove even though it's obviously impacting several nerves

Is this workers comp? Mine is and it's beyond a headache and they deny everything, it's literally hell

Did you workout before you got hurt, my doctor told me it's what saved my ability to walk
    wow... my sympathies most definitely...

No i didnt work out before the injury. Not officially anyway. But the way the company i was working for used me, it mine as well have been. I was back and forth between pulling, pushing, running around, standing still, lifting everything, etc. Depends what department i was in and what position i was in that day. - the down side of teaching myself how to work every department i could and being that damn good at it. Cant say i entirely miss those glorious nights, 12h of straight work before my first break... those were the days'.
    It may not have been intentional but one month of working there i lost 40lbs. Was quite surprised when i realized.

The injury started as workmens comp. They sent me to a 'doc' which took a few days to get into, mean while i had to keep working on the injury. The 'doc lifted my shirt and looked (with her eyes) at my back and said its IMPOSSIBLE for me to have a disk injury. Sent back to work, it got worse and worse. Back to workmens comp, this 'doc' put me on physical therapy of weight lifting...

Now just to clarify, i work in case pick at the time. All night of riding machines and lifting heavy cases over and over. So i worked all night long. Got out late morning. Would have a 'doc' appointment a bit later, but it was close enough that i couldn't get any sleep. Then i would go to the physical therapy for weight lifting. When i got out it was to close in time to go to work so i couldn't get any sleep then either. Then id end up back in work for another long night... all on top of the injury.

So its rly no surprise that i ended up getting so screwed up. The 'doc'/workmens comp didn't want to shell out the funds for me to get an MRI. So it wasn't long till i couldn't even walk right. I was literally walking around work completely hunched over at the back. And my knees were acting up so i couldn't bend them, i had to swing them out to the side to move. Think about that visual lol.

I didn't realize it until after it all happened... oh ****.. if i had only realized... that this 'doc' turned out to not be a real doctor. She was in fact a physicians assistant, operating alone with no doctor in the building.

I went to the independent exam workers comp paid doctor in January

I was in and out with 3 mins literally, I was wearing 3 layers because it was 9 degrees

He looked at a select report(me in my best condition) didn't look at the 2 mri's I had in my hand(2012 and 2013) didn't even touch me to try to get a reflex and tried to say I had a lumbar sprain, for the last 2 1/2 years!!!! A sprain!!! Not what the mri shows but a 30 month long sprain

I went to the independent exam workers comp paid doctor in January

I was in and out with 3 mins literally, I was wearing 3 layers because it was 9 degrees

He looked at a select report(me in my best condition) didn't look at the 2 mri's I had in my hand(2012 and 2013) didn't even touch me to try to get a reflex and tried to say I had a lumbar sprain, for the last 2 1/2 years!!!! A sprain!!! Not what the mri shows but a 30 month long sprain
    Thats exactly what they said to me too! A lumbar strain or possibly a sprain...
    The level of greed and stupidity is utterly amazing and dumbfounding...

So to sum up...

Rice (1bag / 5 1/3oz) - F 0g / C 129g / P 12g / Cal 570
    (currently using a bag rice since i always screwed up cooking regular. Thats why rice numbers are the numbers they are atm.)

Skinless-boneless chicken breast (300g serving) - Fat 3g / Carbs 0g / Protein 69g / Calories 330
    Banana (7-8" long) - F 0g / C 27g / P 1g / Cal 105
    Second chicken breast (300g serving) - Fat 3g / Carbs 0g / Protein 69g / Calories 330
    (added to try and balance numbers. Figured id split bag of rice into two. One for each breast.)
    Frozen Vegetables 1/2 Cup - Fat 0g / Carbs 12g / Protein 3g / Calories 59
    Peanuts Unsalted 4oz Added for fat content - Fat 56g / Carbs 20g / Protein 32g / Calories 640

Total:
    Fat 62g / Carbs 188g / Protein 186g / Calories 2034

Goal listed in OP
    Fat 67.5g / Carbs 189g / Protein 148.5g / Calories 2015.2

So thats all pretty damn close. With the exception of Protein being a lot higher. For something that i always hear about being the hardest to cap, i seem to have overshot that fairly easily; and with no shakes or anything. Seems odd. Makes me think i messed up some where. Tho i don't see where.

So assuming that's good enough for my needs, i guess i should move on to finding other daily meals. Trouble is, with meat cost having risen so high, i haven't bought anything other then chicken in a good year or two because of its price. - And the chicken & rice is the primary part of that meal. (fortionetly, i can eat it real well. Around 75% or even more of my meals each day for the last few years. So that's pretty long lasting.