Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
    NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Korr View Post
    Not going to bother with trying to correct your form on the catch, because I'm sure you already see it too.

However, on your other two attempts.... It's all mental at this point. Commit to the lift.
    I hear you brother. And I'm sure once I hit 113 CJ I'd feel like an idiot knowing it wasn't so bad after all.
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

bob1776 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bob1776 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bob1776 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bob1776 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bob1776 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bob1776 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bob1776 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bob1776 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bob1776 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bob1776 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bob1776 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Much wisdom & progress here J. Looking forward to seeing you set that state record, just keep doing what you're doing & you'll get it done.
    journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164121561

BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hi Joel. I feel like I neglect your log because there's so many iSatori logs to keep up with. Just showin' you some <3!!

**I once was a fat little hippo... BubsNBean's journey back to healthy**
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170112133

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bob1776 View Post
    Much wisdom & progress here J. Looking forward to seeing you set that state record, just keep doing what you're doing & you'll get it done.
    Thanks, Bob. Hope you and the family are doing well.

Originally Posted by BubsNBean View Post
    Hi Joel. I feel like I neglect your log because there's so many iSatori logs to keep up with. Just showin' you some <3!!
    No sweat, Bubz.. You are a busy bride-to-be... Plus you're doing your training on top of all..

------------------------

"People WAY OVERestimate what they can accomplish in one year, and severely UNDERestimate what they can in ten years."

Buddy hit a snatch PR of 62 and clean of 95..

The blue plates on the snatch have always affected him mentally. So I did the old yellow plus white trick (basically the same as the blue).

He is also cleaning and jerking two big mama plates nowadays. He set a PR of 95 clean.. Missed the jerk. He'll bitchslap that bad boy next time.

As for me, so close to hitting that 113.. I was able to clean it, but missed the jerk.. Then waved down and up and everything went to crap.

On the bright side, my son has taken interest in match and science. He wanted to make a rocket ship.. So I helped him make one.

This above all..

Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Much better on the cleans this time around. Just get a bit more under that jerk and you will nail it. Speaking on the 113kg.

Props on your determination. Once you starting missing cleans in your wave back up, I knew you were too fatigued at that point, but you kept on going.
    -----------------

My workout journal

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168325713

Originally Posted by Korr View Post
    Much better on the cleans this time around. Just get a bit more under that jerk and you will nail it. Speaking on the 113kg.

Props on your determination. Once you starting missing cleans in your wave back up, I knew you were too fatigued at that point, but you kept on going.
    Thx Korr. My e-coach actually got upset in a scared way because I did high volume 90%+ singles to your point. He said not to do it next time as it opened up chances for injury. But when you're pissed you forget about safety and just keep attacking as you know.
    This above all..

Just doing the prep work! jjeane's Avatar
    jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Joel,
    I want to give you encouragement, but you know me I lack words.
    You know more about WL than I do in spades. And more about mind over lifting than I will ever know. But I will say this, you CAN DO this! I believe in you. But at this point take what you have given all of us and KNOW that that 113 is in the bag. It was done months ago. It was done in the multiple training, it was done in the squats, etc. You are there and you can do this. Joel is on the platform and he is the champion. You have this. When the time is RIGHT you will do it! I believe and you do too! Til then keep at it! The meet is soon! Do it! When the time is right. And none too soon!
    Spoon Barbell Club

My Journal- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147722593

No person with dignity and a soul wants a hand out- they want to earn what they have. Jim Wendler

Set your bar high, be kind, and do more of what makes you stronger. Eleiko

Love over fear

Originally Posted by jjeane View Post
    Joel,
    I want to give you encouragement, but you know me I lack words.
    You know more about WL than I do in spades. And more about mind over lifting than I will ever know. But I will say this, you CAN DO this! I believe in you. But at this point take what you have given all of us and KNOW that that 113 is in the bag. It was done months ago. It was done in the multiple training, it was done in the squats, etc. You are there and you can do this. Joel is on the platform and he is the champion. You have this. When the time is RIGHT you will do it! I believe and you do too! Til then keep at it! The meet is soon! Do it! When the time is right. And none too soon!

Thanks, JJ! <3 <----I learned recently that's a heart giving love..

You sound like a professional motivational speaker reading your post.. Thank you!

113 is in the bag!!
    This above all..

Taking the week off after my meet this past Saturday. Here is write up:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=166770841

Next goal:

I will be training for the National Masters in Savannah, Georgia in April 2016.
    This above all..

New evolution starts this Monday. In the meantime, I decided to play with my brand new M4. I have not shot a rifle in 5 years.. Got 2 out of 3 first time around. Need more training.

I love living in Redneck country.. I can go in the backyard and start sending lead downrange and my neighbors won't bat an eye.. (They do the same anyway, lol..) I feel fortunate not only for my health and the health of my loved ones, but also feel fortunate for being surrounded by great neighbors.. We look out for each other. They've come to my rescue when there's too much snow to plow, and we've come to theirs when they need someone to pick their kids up in school because they're stuck somewhere. We've been given piles of burning woods when we need them, and I've volunteered myself to help out if they need labor work.

American Rednecks.. No better friend.. No worse enemy.

This above all..

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by NorwichGrad View Post
    New evolution starts this Monday. In the meantime, I decided to play with my brand new M4. I have not shot a rifle in 5 years.. Got 2 out of 3 first time around. Need more training.

I love living in Redneck country.. I can go in the backyard and start sending lead downrange and my neighbors won't bat an eye.. (They do the same anyway, lol..) I feel fortunate not only for my health and the health of my loved ones, but also feel fortunate for being surrounded by great neighbors.. We look out for each other. They've come to my rescue when there's too much snow to plow, and we've come to theirs when they need someone to pick their kids up in school because they're stuck somewhere. We've been given piles of burning woods when we need them, and I've volunteered myself to help out if they need labor work.

American Rednecks.. No better friend.. No worse enemy.
    Amen to all of the above. It's nice to handle a new weapon, almost like getting a new girlfriend.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Very nice weapon there Joel! And I agree with you.
    Very interested to see the New Evolution that starts Monday. I have a few exercises my coach makes me do that I keep thinking I should share with you. mostly cause I want someone else to have do these horrible things as well!
    Spoon Barbell Club

No person with dignity and a soul wants a hand out- they want to earn what they have. Jim Wendler

Love over fear

Originally Posted by Marius_Ursus View Post
    Amen to all of the above. It's nice to handle a new weapon, almost like getting a new girlfriend.
    Very nice weapon there Joel! And I agree with you.
    Very interested to see the New Evolution that starts Monday. I have a few exercises my coach makes me do that I keep thinking I should share with you. mostly cause I want someone else to have do these horrible things as well!
    Thanks, guys... My next project is a 1911 45 ACP.. I gave my old 1911 to my dad..

--------------

New strength program for the next 5-weeks is LSU based.

Day 1 - First day back from week long break.

Power Clean + 5 push press - 3 sets 70kg

Back Squat 3 x 10 100kg

Superset - Empty bar good morning + 25-lb weighted situps 3 sets x 10 ea

Squat jumps with empty bar 3 x 5

--------------

Day 2

Extremely sore form Monday's high rep squat.

Block Snatch 3 sets x 5 @ 50 I was catching myself with that dreaded double knee bend garbage.. UGH..

Front Squat – 3 x 5 @100 Very challenging, not because of weight, but because of soreness.

Snatch Grip Push Press from Behind Neck+ OHS complex triples.

This above all..

I like the first part of the new plan!
    Spoon Barbell Club

Love over fear

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Just picked up 2 S/W MP Shield 9mm. One for me, one for her.

Sorry to hijack, NW.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Oh dayum... I remember when you sent me the LSU template, I almost peed my pants.

Goodnight sweet prince[ss]

Built Upon Struggle FlaIronMind's Avatar
    FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Still killin' it brother. Good work, all around.

On spread.

I like the first part of the new plan!
    Thanks, JJ.. I like it, too! It's been years since I got a good pump from high rep stuff.. haha..

Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    Just picked up 2 S/W MP Shield 9mm. One for me, one for her.

Sorry to hijack, NW.
    Awesome!! Don't worry about hijacking, brah.. Just the other night I bought 4 boxes of green tip 5.56 NATO for my M4.

Oh dayum... I remember when you sent me the LSU template, I almost peed my pants.

Goodnight sweet prince[ss]
    Oh that's right! I do remember giving you the template.. lol.. It feels great afterwards, though.

Originally Posted by FlaIronMind View Post
    Still killin' it brother. Good work, all around.

On spread.
    Thanks, brother..

-----------
    Day 3

Block Cleans 3 x 5 @70kg

Clean Grip DL 3 x 10 @90kg

Close Grip BP 3 x 10 @100-lbs

Box Jumps 3 x 5

This above all..

My daughter turned 12 this Saturday. My wife and I asked her what she wanted to do.. Gabby and Andrew both love science (and music). She wanted to go do something fun and science related, so we made a spontaneous decision to go to the Leonardo Da Vinci Science Center an hour-and-a-half away.

The kids had a great time. My wife and I enjoyed watching them have a good time.. They had this aquarium filled with salt-water creatures.. I fell in love with this fish (time 2:50). I wanted to take him home.. He was very friendly and sociable.

Then at night my wife baked a cake for Gabby. Then we played chess.

I taught her how to play chess at the age of 4.. The last time we played was a year ago on a cruise.

Gabby LEGITIMATELY beat me.. I was very proud of her. It would have been crushing if I was beaten by any other 12-year-old girl, but when it’s your daughter it’s a different story.

On the weightlifting front. Buddy’s next WL meet is in July for the state championship.. We are doing volume training, with emphasis on receiving the bar LOW in both SN and CL..,

Maya set a 77-lb PR on CJ.

This above all..

3 sets Power Clean + 5 Push Press 72.5kg

3 sets x 10 reps squat 105kg

3 Giant sets
    10 reps 95-lb Good Morning
    10 reps 10-lb Incline Situp
    5 Box Jumps
    This above all..

Block Snatch 3 x 5 @52.5kg

Front Squat 3 x 5 @110kg

SGBNPP + OHS Complex 3 x 3 @62.5

This above all..

Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's all a blessing in here!
    Journal- One of the Ogres
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139651333

Happy birthday to your daughter. Looks like you guys had a great time.

Originally Posted by Big_Sky_Guy View Post
    It's all a blessing in here!
    Thanks, Chad!

Happy birthday to your daughter. Looks like you guys had a great time.
    Thanks, Bubz.. We had a blast..

----------------

Day 3 Week 2

Block Cleans 3 x 5 @72.5kg

CL DL 3 x 10 @95kg

Close Grip BP 3 x 10 @ 105lb

Box Jumps 3 x 5

This above all..

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good stuff, cousin! I need to figure out a way to slip clean deads into my week...maybe part of my warm up to deadlift, like after I do my hang cleans on Wednesday? Great glute recruitment on the jump! Good job all around!
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Solid workout NG!

Good stuff, cousin! I need to figure out a way to slip clean deads into my week...maybe part of my warm up to deadlift, like after I do my hang cleans on Wednesday? Great glute recruitment on the jump! Good job all around!
    Originally Posted by grouchyjarhead View Post
    Solid workout NG!
    Thanks, guys!

The box jumps are new to me.. I've never done them before.. My coach wants me to do them twice a week.

Nicole informed me she wants to enter the July meet.. She'll do great.

This above all..

I'm always curious about box jumps- what people use them to train in particular. So what do they do for you?

I'm always curious about box jumps- what people use them to train in particular. So what do they do for you?
    Good question. They teach how to forcefully open up the hips on the way up and they teach how to get down fast. Box jumps have tremendous carry over to the WL lifts.
    This above all..

That's good news about Nicole. The more competitors, the better.

Have you seen Dan John's talk on jumps and glute/ham recruitment? He's all about minimal knee bend with maximal hamstring loading, I.e. pushing your butt back until you feel the rubber bands in your legs.

Also, taxation is theft.