Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    JaxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JaxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JaxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JaxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JaxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JaxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JaxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JaxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JaxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JaxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JaxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Destiny: Massive failure?

Let me preface this by saying that i do enjoy my time with the game.

After playing the beta and now the final game, i realize how far bungie has fallen from grace since their halo days and how far they missed the mark with their scope for destiny. Its clear that their most talented people left when they studio branched off from MS.

Let me start off with the most important factor of any AAA console game, story. What story? There is virtually no storytelling in this game and its not like their is an actual large open world teeming with stuff to keep you interested like ACTUAL mmo's. This was a game bungie promised to be very mmo-like or an mmo itself. Well out of a 1000 elements that make up an mmo, destiny might have 1 or 2. I was expecting this grand story with grear characters and compelling reason behind why i am fighting. But theres non of that. In fact the entirr "campaign" is just go feom point A to point B and kill everything (if you want to) inbetween. Which brings me to level design.

In Destiny, if you played one mission on a planet youve basically have played them all on that planet. You literally go through the same exact path in each and every earth mission to the point you find yourself repeating "havnt i already been here and done this 5 times already?" The only difference in missions being the location of the inevitable horde of "the fallen" (dont get me started on the laziness there) you will face. While, it has been relatively fun running through this cooperatively with a friend, id rather sit through an elementary schools rendition of hamlet than to play this game by myself.

Everything in this game just screams laziness to me. How many things could they have possibly re-used from halo? I means 343 guilty spark is the very first thing you come across when you start Destiny. Then there is the exact same enemy class and structures. Grunts, elites, brutes, theyre all there. I guess the one thing destiny did right wad to copy halos movements and gunplay mechanics.

Perhaps i would have been ok with the complete lack of story and narrative if Destiny actually had the grand scope bungie promised. I mean, it takes like 2 or 3 hours to finish an entire planets worth of missions. Then you only have a handful of "planets" (i refuse to label them actualy planets considering each planet has a playable space the size of an average battlefield 4 map). Basically theres about 8-10 hours of campaign in Destiny which is on par for a call of duty game, let alone a game hyped to be "massive in scale" and an "mmo".

The crucible is nice. It doesnt live up to halos mp standard but its definitely enjoyable. Im sorry to compare it to halo again and again but lets face it, Destiny is desperately trying to be halo that can be played on ps4. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on which side of the fanboy war you are on) destiny is no where close to being as good as halo in either story or MP.

with all that said, and with all the disappointment this game brings, i will still enjoy my time with it. Destiny will serve to wet my appetite untill November when MCC comes out and i can play the games destiny tried to be. I was really hoping this game would be good but it just falls short on almost all accounts.
    Certified 1200 ng/l T

FFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Been waiting for reviews before I purchase it.

Becoming more and more skeptical of how they've integrated the 'FPS' with 'MMO'. Based on what I've read, I believe it could have been a whole lot better.

Smough-mode Engaged! Grizzlypanda's Avatar
    Grizzlypanda is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Grizzlypanda is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Grizzlypanda is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Grizzlypanda is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Grizzlypanda is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Grizzlypanda is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Grizzlypanda is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Grizzlypanda is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Grizzlypanda is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Grizzlypanda is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Grizzlypanda is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I'm still also waiting for reviews to see if it is worth the purchase ...
    ▄▄▄██ Lord of Leprechauns ██▄▄▄
    ■ Bench - 160 kg
    ■ Deadlift - 300 kg
    ■ Squat - 280 kg

■ Hearthstone Jhoski#2148, Angus#2417 (F2P Warrior WIP)

onestep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) onestep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) onestep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) onestep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) onestep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) onestep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) onestep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) onestep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) onestep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) onestep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) onestep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Personal opinions:

Positives:
    - Decent characters
    - Decent gun selection
    - Decent gameplay
    - Decent boss difficulties (especially on hard)
    - Decent graphics
    - Good damage visual system
    - Runs smoothly

Negatives
    - No single player offline
    - Very point A->B, kill baddies to get to B, kill boss at end
    - Same baddies over and over
    - Monotonous, bordering very very closely on boring
    - Don't even know the story anymore, just killing the sht they want me to be
    - AI is pretty ordinary, although gets challenging on hard
    - Don't like the orchestra, don't think it matches with gameplay (hate the music tbh)
    - Very Borderlands-esque, but trying to be "serious" version
    - No pokeballs to catch starmie / staryu

And for OP - pretty sure they said the game was always a FPS, never a MMO. And it definitely is not a MMO.

Overall, solid game for what it is. But nothing inventive. Nothing new.

FSEC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FSEC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FSEC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FSEC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FSEC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FSEC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FSEC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FSEC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FSEC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FSEC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FSEC is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    intredasting...

fidélité à la mort MajesticLion's Avatar
    MajesticLion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajesticLion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajesticLion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajesticLion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajesticLion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajesticLion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajesticLion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajesticLion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajesticLion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajesticLion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajesticLion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by onestep View Post
    - No single player offline
    They're still trying to force feed people with this garbage?

Tabris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tabris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tabris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tabris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tabris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tabris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tabris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tabris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tabris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tabris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tabris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Haven't got my copy yet, but my brother should be sending it soon. One big problem is that it's an FPS. There are only so many ways you can skin a cat, and because of that, it's always going to have a similar feel to other FPS. Fighting against enemies is always going to be the same, shoot, cover, shoot, affair, regardless of their attack patterns. Everyone else will be doing the same, so there's a distinct lack of strategy outside of shoot something until it dies.

Also, by being an FPS, it's automatically limiting the potential for other things like melee weapons and spells, outside of special attacks. It's not like you can really have healing guns, sword guns, magic guns or anything else.

I still enjoyed the beta and I hope that the full experience, after levelling, separates classes a bit more. But I still can't see the gameplay not being samey.
    Aria Company crew
    Houkago Tea Time crew
    Hidamari Apartments crew
    "I'm really mirin OD's good taste. I'm glad he recommended it." - Aterniner, 2001

TDKSparda is just really nice. (+1000) TDKSparda is just really nice. (+1000) TDKSparda is just really nice. (+1000) TDKSparda is just really nice. (+1000) TDKSparda is just really nice. (+1000) TDKSparda is just really nice. (+1000) TDKSparda is just really nice. (+1000) TDKSparda is just really nice. (+1000) TDKSparda is just really nice. (+1000) TDKSparda is just really nice. (+1000) TDKSparda is just really nice. (+1000)
    I was hoping they would tell the story the way Demons/Dark Souls tells it: minimalistic and told through loot and item descriptions.

Are you telling me there's none of that? Haven't played it yet...

LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It's a fun game to play with friends and that's all that matters

/thread

Honestly, as someone who no longer really plays fps game I find it pretty fun. I keep hearing people harp the borderlands argument but I honestly wonder how many actually played borderlands or if they are just harping someone elses argument for the sake of hating on a popular game. I haven't played borderlands so the comparison wouldn't make sense to me even if you explained it.

If you go into the game thinking every mission is going to be a unique adventure then you have another thing coming. It's just like any other questing game where you do x to get y.

I will save judgement for end game content since that is what they said they focused on. I enjoy gear grinds and raiding so this game will def turn off the crowd that just wants things spoon fed to them.
    Last edited by LiftHeavy85; 09-10-2014 at 04:40 AM.

butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by MajesticLion View Post
    They're still trying to force feed people with this garbage?
    Forreals. I HATE it when there's no offline singleplayer.

Like c'mon... what if my Internet's down? What then?

Fak. But w/e. As long as the game's fun, I guess I can overlook most of its flaws lol.
    pm me ur pics and ill rep u haha jk no homo lol haha no but srsly pls pm me ur pics haha just glutes and maybe face haha no homo again lol just kidding kinda not rly lol pls send them

FSEC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FSEC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FSEC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FSEC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FSEC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FSEC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FSEC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FSEC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FSEC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FSEC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FSEC is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The game's getting ripped by users on Metacritic on all consoles. I never cared much for critics reviews.

http://www.metacritic.com/company/bungie-software

I think I'll pass on this one.

LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by FSEC View Post
    The game's getting ripped by users on Metacritic on all consoles. I never cared much for critics reviews.

http://www.metacritic.com/company/bungie-software

I think I'll pass on this one.
    lol @ following review sites. It has already been exposed that console advocates are xb1 are down voting ps4 while ps4 advocates are down voting xb1. If you want true reviews go to the ps4 thread that's stickied or some other forum since you don't want to play the game first. Notice how this thread has 11 replies while the ps4 thread has 3 pages of people loving the game.

Originally Posted by LiftHeavy85 View Post
    lol @ following review sites. It has already been exposed that console advocates are xb1 are down voting ps4 while ps4 advocates are down voting xb1. If you want true reviews go to the ps4 thread that's stickied or some other forum since you don't want to play the game first. Notice how this thread has 11 replies while the ps4 thread has 3 pages of people loving the game.
    Destiny is on all platforms so IDK how console fanboy-ism would affect the game. Regardless, I have been reading threads on NeoGAF. There's too much hype in the PS4 thread so I'm waiting for things to die down.

I don't want to shell another $60 for a game I may only play a few hours of. There have been too many games recently with a lot of hype pre-release, only to fall hard a few weeks later. I made that mistake with quite a few games. I'd rather get an idea of the game from a variety of reviewers before I jump on it.

Unless you want to gift me the game? I'll gladly play it then...

Tabris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tabris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tabris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tabris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tabris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tabris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tabris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tabris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tabris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tabris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tabris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Destiny is on all platforms so IDK how console fanboy-ism would affect the game. Regardless, I have been reading threads on NeoGAF. There's too much hype in the PS4 thread so I'm waiting for things to die down.

I don't want to shell another $60 for a game I may only play a few hours of. There have been too many games recently with a lot of hype pre-release, only to fall hard a few weeks later. I made that mistake with quite a few games. I'd rather get an idea of the game from a variety of reviewers before I jump on it.
    People are going to give it negative reviews on hipster principle, regardless of platform. It's not like review sites or forums require people to authenticate their purchases before making a rating, so you're going to get a dick load of people saying it sucks without ever having played it. I wouldn't be in any particular rush to buy Destiny if I wasn't getting a free copy, to be honest. Much more hyped for the next Pokémon game and the Master Chief Collection.

Best thing to do, like you said, it's probably better to wait until things die down. It's like when new technology comes out. Like if TV companies like Samsung, Sony or LG come out with stuff like curved screens, OLED, etc. You'd give it time and see if it is actually worth purchasing because such TVs are p.expensive and a long term investment. It's just common sense, nomsaiyajin?
    Aria Company crew
    Houkago Tea Time crew
    Hidamari Apartments crew
    "I'm really mirin OD's good taste. I'm glad he recommended it." - Aterniner, 2001

redditsucks has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) redditsucks has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) redditsucks has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) redditsucks has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) redditsucks has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) redditsucks has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) redditsucks has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) redditsucks has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) redditsucks has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) redditsucks has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) redditsucks has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    now I'm pissed

mattrunks is just really nice. (+1000) mattrunks is just really nice. (+1000) mattrunks is just really nice. (+1000) mattrunks is just really nice. (+1000) mattrunks is just really nice. (+1000) mattrunks is just really nice. (+1000) mattrunks is just really nice. (+1000) mattrunks is just really nice. (+1000) mattrunks is just really nice. (+1000) mattrunks is just really nice. (+1000) mattrunks is just really nice. (+1000)
    save your money brahs, destiny doesn't even have a dedicated chat system for pvp, you can't even talk to your own team mates in pvp unless you are partied up with them in a fireteam. brb release an fps game focused on pvp, doesn't give players a chat system to communicate with one another.

csgo = goat fps to date
    my favourite idiom "You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours" #nohomo

prime853 is a name known to all. (+5000) prime853 is a name known to all. (+5000) prime853 is a name known to all. (+5000) prime853 is a name known to all. (+5000) prime853 is a name known to all. (+5000) prime853 is a name known to all. (+5000) prime853 is a name known to all. (+5000) prime853 is a name known to all. (+5000) prime853 is a name known to all. (+5000) prime853 is a name known to all. (+5000) prime853 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    preordered limited edition

played beta.. kept an open mind and tried not to fall into the hype

but all in all don't know what to think

Cons:
    - invisible walls (you don't do that chit in a game made to be explored)
    - lack of character customization
    - imo Armour seems a little bland
    - literally have barely any idea as to where the story is going

really hoping games like the division, Witcher 3, Arkham knight etc don't dissapoint
    Bench: 170kg/375lbs 1RM : 150kg/330lbs 5RM
    Squat: 220kg/500lbs 1RM : 180kg/485lbs 5RM
    Deadlift: 230kg/505lbs 1RM
    Barbell Row: 140kg/315lbs 10RM

***Powerbodybuilding Crew***
    ***Genovas witness Crew***
    ***PPL Master race crew***

Originally Posted by mattrunks View Post
    save your money brahs, destiny doesn't even have a dedicated chat system for pvp, you can't even talk to your own team mates in pvp unless you are partied up with them in a fireteam. brb release an fps game focused on pvp, doesn't give players a chat system to communicate with one another.

csgo = goat fps to date
    Bungie already addressed that issue before release. Strong research

http://www.examiner.com/article/dest...ined-by-bungie

I fore-one welcome the fact I don't have to hear 10 year olds say how hard they ****ed my mother.

MiamiLife305 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiamiLife305 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiamiLife305 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiamiLife305 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiamiLife305 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiamiLife305 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiamiLife305 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiamiLife305 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiamiLife305 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiamiLife305 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiamiLife305 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I like it

BatmanBeGains is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BatmanBeGains is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BatmanBeGains is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BatmanBeGains is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BatmanBeGains is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BatmanBeGains is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BatmanBeGains is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BatmanBeGains is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BatmanBeGains is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BatmanBeGains is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BatmanBeGains is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Got it yesterday morning and played from about 14:00-22:30, mostly PvE but a little bit of PvP too.

I am a level 9 Hunter and have by now, equipped my character with all Uncommon items.

Having an absolute blast with it. Getting new loot is awesome and makes you anticipate what you'll get. The graphics are great and the planets are really detailed and there is a plausible and meaty feel to the universe that makes it feel like you're inhabiting a real place. The shooting feels absolutely rock solid, it is the best of both worlds, the slickness and simplicity of Call of Duty with the balance and more skill based play of Halo. Also the PvP mode never feels like connection is a factor, which is amazing to me. When you die, you got outplayed, when you go off, you earned it. The classes are well balanced (despite what people may tell you) and it is really just a very good but slightly over-hyped game. Well worth a purchase if you like to loot or shoot.

To the brah asking if the story is teased out and very subtly given to the player like Demon's/Dark Souls, yes and no. You get a lot of the sense of time/place and history of the universe from the landscape and visual cues but it lacks the character depth of the Souls series. It teases little interesting tit-bits and stuff but it is nowhere near as deep as Souls is. The story is about as deep as Diablo and the items you get, hint at a sense of history for your characters and how they became how they are.

I'm not a fan of giving a number rating for games/films etc but if I had to; I'd give Destiny somewhere between 7.5 and 8.5, so we'll say a solid 8.

prime853 is a name known to all. (+5000) prime853 is a name known to all. (+5000) prime853 is a name known to all. (+5000) prime853 is a name known to all. (+5000) prime853 is a name known to all. (+5000) prime853 is a name known to all. (+5000) prime853 is a name known to all. (+5000) prime853 is a name known to all. (+5000) prime853 is a name known to all. (+5000) prime853 is a name known to all. (+5000) prime853 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BatmanBeGains View Post
    Got it yesterday morning and played from about 14:00-22:30, mostly PvE but a little bit of PvP too.

I am a level 9 Hunter and have by now, equipped my character with all Uncommon items.

Having an absolute blast with it. Getting new loot is awesome and makes you anticipate what you'll get. The graphics are great and the planets are really detailed and there is a plausible and meaty feel to the universe that makes it feel like you're inhabiting a real place. The shooting feels absolutely rock solid, it is the best of both worlds, the slickness and simplicity of Call of Duty with the balance and more skill based play of Halo. Also the PvP mode never feels like connection is a factor, which is amazing to me. When you die, you got outplayed, when you go off, you earned it. The classes are well balanced (despite what people may tell you) and it is really just a very good but slightly over-hyped game. Well worth a purchase if you like to loot or shoot.

To the brah asking if the story is teased out and very subtly given to the player like Demon's/Dark Souls, yes and no. You get a lot of the sense of time/place and history of the universe from the landscape and visual cues but it lacks the character depth of the Souls series. It teases little interesting tit-bits and stuff but it is nowhere near as deep as Souls is. The story is about as deep as Diablo and the items you get, hint at a sense of history for your characters and how they became how they are.

I'm not a fan of giving a number rating for games/films etc but if I had to; I'd give Destiny somewhere between 7.5 and 8.5, so we'll say a solid 8.
    hunter brah have you found a cloak yet? didn't find one in the beta and still haven't come across one yet

Huke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Huke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Huke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Huke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Huke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Huke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Huke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Huke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Huke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Huke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Huke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by TDKSparda View Post
    I was hoping they would tell the story the way Demons/Dark Souls tells it: minimalistic and told through loot and item descriptions.

Are you telling me there's none of that? Haven't played it yet...
    You obtain items called "Grimoires". They're little cards that give you lore in small doses. It is sometimes incomplete. Its not as obscure as Dark Souls, but you are fed information pretty slowly and have to put things together for yourself.

Originally Posted by prime853 View Post
    hunter brah have you found a cloak yet? didn't find one in the beta and still haven't come across one yet
    I chose Titan. I'm level 6 and also haven't found a badge yet.

BuckN20T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BuckN20T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BuckN20T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BuckN20T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BuckN20T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BuckN20T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BuckN20T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BuckN20T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BuckN20T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BuckN20T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BuckN20T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'll bump this thread in a month to see if things are still as good as they hyped it up to be or if it's just "meh". I think it's safe to say that it's never good to believe the hype, but don't go around hating on things either. I'll just patiently wait for real reviews when the hype dies down.
    Miami Heat Crew
    Miami Marlins Crew
    Miami Dolphins Crew

Certified Misc White Knight (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Mutombo with the bitches, you keep getting rejected!

.:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Shooters and MMO is nothing new. Defiance is now free btw on consoles.
    RN/Healthcare Crew - FGC Crew

Registered Nurse? Or work in the healthcare? Come join
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147557373
    Pro-Gun. Pro-Rights.
    ௵leoaa777 krazedxboi

FFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by butwhowasfeel View Post
    Forreals. I HATE it when there's no offline singleplayer.

Like c'mon... what if my Internet's down? What then?

Fak. But w/e. As long as the game's fun, I guess I can overlook most of its flaws lol.

This.

I'm sure we've all had days when our internet has been playing up, whether it's down, going slow or whatever.

I like to use that time to just practice in offline mode, I became insanely good with Resistance back in the day, because I just repeated campaign mode over and over on superhuman difficulty and only used the stock gun the entire time to improve my accuracy and reaction time whenever I wasn't playing online. Wasn't long before I had a 90% head shot kill rate online, thanks to practicing offline, also had ridiculous accuracy. There's just not the same environment to train on in online mode.

Is there even any PVP in destiny?

What ever happened to good stages to play offline, multiplayer with friends? What ever happened to like offline system linking? All that sh*t is dead now and it used to make everything epic. I hate Halo, but the one thing I was jealous about was the fact that my friends would bring over their TV's and xbox's to a friend's house, then system link them all up and have awesome gaming nights. No one does that anymore.

Bcider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bcider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bcider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bcider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bcider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bcider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bcider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bcider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bcider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bcider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bcider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Unless you want to gift me the game? I'll gladly play it then...
    Xboners giving it a 0 on the PS4 and a 10 on the Xbox One. PS****s giving it a 0 on the Xbox One and a 10 on the PS4. And PC masterdouchers mad they didn't get the game giving it 0's. That's pretty much what you can take out of the metacritic user reviews.

Originally Posted by FFX View Post
    This.

I'm sure we've all had days when our internet has been playing up, whether it's down, going slow or whatever.

I like to use that time to just practice in offline mode, I became insanely good with Resistance back in the day, because I just repeated campaign mode over and over on superhuman difficulty and only used the stock gun the entire time to improve my accuracy and reaction time whenever I wasn't playing online. Wasn't long before I had a 90% head shot kill rate online, thanks to practicing offline, also had ridiculous accuracy. There's just not the same environment to train on in online mode.

Is there even any PVP in destiny?

What ever happened to good stages to play offline, multiplayer with friends? What ever happened to like offline system linking? All that sh*t is dead now and it used to make everything epic. I hate Halo, but the one thing I was jealous about was the fact that my friends would bring over their TV's and xbox's to a friend's house, then system link them all up and have awesome gaming nights. No one does that anymore.
    Feels.. I remember the system link days
    Nostalgic as fuk

Huke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Huke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Huke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Huke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Huke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Huke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Huke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Huke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Huke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Huke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Huke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It would make absolutely no sense to play this game offline. The merchants, bounties, chests and many other elements of the game are managed online. In single player, you'd either have none of these things, or just be constantly supplied with crappy stock items. You wouldn't bump into people in the open world or be able to participate in any of the random community events. Forget about raids and PVP as well.

You knew going in that this game was optimized for community play and wouldn't have an offline single player option. You parted with your money. Why complain about this now?

BatmanBeGains is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BatmanBeGains is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BatmanBeGains is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BatmanBeGains is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BatmanBeGains is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BatmanBeGains is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BatmanBeGains is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BatmanBeGains is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BatmanBeGains is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BatmanBeGains is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BatmanBeGains is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by prime853 View Post
    Found one uncommon cloak/class armour thing and accidentally broke down my old one, so now I only have one cloak and I look like Yasser Arafat lol.

You can buy them from the Awoken vendor at the front of the city on your right, the guy you trade in things that you find with. He occasionally has them for sale, I think they're listed as class armour on his shop.

Not found any on a mission yet though. I was beginning to think I'd goofed by deleting my old one.

jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LiftHeavy85 View Post

Honestly, as someone who no longer really plays fps game I find it pretty fun. I keep hearing people harp the borderlands argument but I honestly wonder how many actually played borderlands or if they are just harping someone elses argument for the sake of hating on a popular game. I haven't played borderlands so the comparison wouldn't make sense to me even if you explained it.
    I don't have the full game but played the beta. It was very much like Borderlands. It got repetitive pretty quickly for me.

I put a ton of hours into Borderlands. When Borderlands 2 came along I finished the first play-through and was bored on the second play-through. That kind of game play gets old with me now. Destiny follows the same formula that Borderlands does.

I am willing to give the full game a try. But I want to see more honest reviews like OP gave before making a decision. I no longer buy games upon release. Got burned by BF4 and I am not looking to make that mistake again.