jprunner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is there something wrong with my workout plan?

Hey all,

I've been doing the following full body workout (3 times a week) for a couple of months now. I'm seeing some results. But since i'm a beginner, I need some advice on what i'm doing. Here is my workout plan (3 sets of 8~12):

Bench press (flat)
    Bench press (incline)
    Chest flyes (machine)

Squats
    Leg extension
    Leg curls (seated)
    Calf raises (dumbbell)

Chin-ups (3 x failure)
    Bicep curls
    overhead dumbbell extension

Lat pull down
    Upper back seated rows
    Bent over rows

Military press (standing)
    barbell upright rows
    Shrugs (dumbbell)

I finish this gym session within 75~85 minutes sweating like a pig. I do it 3 times a week. On rest days, I do a sprint HIIT cardio workout for 15 minutes (all-out 10 seconds sprinting : 30 seconds rest).

now I'm eating my TDEE calories (strict clean).

My goal is to gain muscle and lose weight at the same time.

What I wanna know is that: Is there something wrong in my workout plan? Is it fine and covering all muscle groups?

Thanx in advance.

rXoL will become famous soon enough. (+50) rXoL will become famous soon enough. (+50) rXoL will become famous soon enough. (+50) rXoL will become famous soon enough. (+50) rXoL will become famous soon enough. (+50) rXoL will become famous soon enough. (+50) rXoL will become famous soon enough. (+50) rXoL will become famous soon enough. (+50) rXoL will become famous soon enough. (+50) rXoL will become famous soon enough. (+50) rXoL will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jprunner View Post
    This is very very hard to do, but since you are a beginner you may see it happen. There is a point where it just cuts off and you either gain weight and muscle, or lose fat and some muscle.

You should follow Starting Strength (it is a sticky), simply because it will build a very strong base for you before you. Also deadlift!

angrypenguin54 is just really nice. (+1000) angrypenguin54 is just really nice. (+1000) angrypenguin54 is just really nice. (+1000) angrypenguin54 is just really nice. (+1000) angrypenguin54 is just really nice. (+1000) angrypenguin54 is just really nice. (+1000) angrypenguin54 is just really nice. (+1000) angrypenguin54 is just really nice. (+1000) angrypenguin54 is just really nice. (+1000) angrypenguin54 is just really nice. (+1000) angrypenguin54 is just really nice. (+1000)
    You are doing too many exercises and I doubt getting the intensity needed from each one.

Each work out do one of the following -
    Horizontal Press
    Horizontal Pull
    Vertical Press
    Vertical Pull
    Squats or Deadlift ( i like squats twice a week, DL once)

I would set up an A and B workout and alternate.

example A
    DB Bench press
    Barbell Rows
    Pull Ups
    Push Press
    Squats

B
    Deadlift
    Barbell Bench Press
    DB Rows
    Pulldowns
    Seated DB Military Press

I like to work Barbell exercies as 5x5 or 4x 6-8 and the DB exercises as 3 x 8-10 to give a blend of strength and size. As long as you are working around 25 to 30 reps per exercise you are good though. The key is to make sure your last rep is really your last rep, with maybe 1 in the tank or 2 in the early sets.

akolatier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akolatier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akolatier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akolatier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akolatier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akolatier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akolatier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akolatier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akolatier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akolatier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akolatier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You are trying to do too much in one workout. You should definitely split up your workouts. I would recommend splitting up your workouts also. There are alot of beginner routines here on the boards. Personally, I like to do 1 warm up set of about 10-15 reps and 2-3 working sets of 7-9 reps for each exercise.

Gaining muscle and losing weight at the same time is virtually impossible. You can gain muscle slowly while minimizing fat gain (or even losing a small amount) by eating around your TDEE and continuing to lift or you can lose mostly fat and a little muscle by eating under your TDEE, or gain more muscle and a little bit fat by eating above your TDEE. The key to building muscle is knowing how your own body responds to diet and lifting. The only way to learn it is to experiment.

bennmuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bennmuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bennmuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bennmuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bennmuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bennmuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bennmuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bennmuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bennmuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bennmuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) bennmuz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    WAY too much volume for a beginner, like the other guys said.

Get yourself on a recognised programme. Take a look in the stickies.
    My names Benn and I believe in fitness!

Eat a ton of protein. Squat heavy. Push heavy objects. Have sex. Love life.

Strength is never a weakness.

MCCoolGuyFresh is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MCCoolGuyFresh is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MCCoolGuyFresh is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MCCoolGuyFresh is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MCCoolGuyFresh is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MCCoolGuyFresh is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MCCoolGuyFresh is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MCCoolGuyFresh is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MCCoolGuyFresh is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MCCoolGuyFresh is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MCCoolGuyFresh is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by jprunner View Post
    Hey all,

I've been doing the following full body workout (3 times a week) for a couple of months now. I'm seeing some results. But since i'm a beginner, I need some advice on what i'm doing. Here is my workout plan (3 sets of 8~12):

Bench press (flat)
    Bench press (incline)
    Chest flyes (machine)

Squats
    Leg extension
    Leg curls (seated)
    Calf raises (dumbbell)

Chin-ups (3 x failure)
    Bicep curls
    overhead dumbbell extension

Lat pull down
    Upper back seated rows
    Bent over rows

Military press (standing)
    barbell upright rows
    Shrugs (dumbbell)

I finish this gym session within 75~85 minutes sweating like a pig. I do it 3 times a week. On rest days, I do a sprint HIIT cardio workout for 15 minutes (all-out 10 seconds sprinting : 30 seconds rest).

now I'm eating my TDEE calories (strict clean).

What I wanna know is that: Is there something wrong in my workout plan? Is it fine and covering all muscle groups?

Thanx in advance.
    If you want to see more rapid gains I would do squats and deadlifts, but leg extentions and leg curls work as well. It's better than no leg workout, plus there's less risk of injury.

I would take out shrugs and only do one type of row.

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you got way to much going on

squat
    bench
    row
    chins

squat
    incline/ohp
    deadlift
    dips

dat's all mane
    OG