Page 11 of 271 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast
    SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have an opportunity to get a piece done by Eric marcinizyn in June. $3500 for 8-10 hour session.... This is a insane opportunity, but a little expensive.... :/
    Thoughts?

byrnebv has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) byrnebv has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) byrnebv has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) byrnebv has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) byrnebv has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) byrnebv has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) byrnebv has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) byrnebv has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) byrnebv has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) byrnebv has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) byrnebv has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SheWulf View Post
    I have an opportunity to get a piece done by Eric marcinizyn in June. $3500 for 8-10 hour session.... This is a insane opportunity, but a little expensive.... :/
    Thoughts?
    Wow that's a ton of money. And that's coming from someone that pays Jun Cha type prices. That's a full 1 to 1.5k more than Jun. 2k more that nikko and roman.

His stuff is good. Not sure if it is worth $400 an hr.
    Men's Physique IFBB Pro

SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by byrnebv View Post
    Wow that's a ton of money. And that's coming from someone that pays Jun Cha type prices. That's a full 1 to 1.5k more than Jun. 2k more that nikko and roman.

Yeah, I was stoked to get fit in for an earlier appointment, but that was way more than anticipated. I'd be paying almost double that of what I paid for 2 quarter sleeves from Sam of Lowrider.... for just a forearm piece....

Damn, I'm bummed.

byrnebv has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) byrnebv has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) byrnebv has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) byrnebv has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) byrnebv has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) byrnebv has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) byrnebv has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) byrnebv has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) byrnebv has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) byrnebv has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) byrnebv has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yeah, I was stoked to get fit in for an earlier appointment, but that was way more than anticipated. I'd be paying almost double that of what I paid for 2 quarter sleeves from Sam of Lowrider.... for just a forearm piece....

Damn, I'm bummed.
    In some cases, I think SAMs work is better.
    Men's Physique IFBB Pro

In some cases, I think SAMs work is better.
    Yeah Sam's a quality guy, and he's only going to get better. I went back through Eric's gallery after hearing back from him and I definitely can't justify spending that much. Not taking anything away from him, he's a really talented artist. I'm almost offended at that price quote haha, I'd maybe consider paying for Dmitriy Samohin, jun, nikko, etc. But definitely going to have to pass this one up.

Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thoughts?
    only good if he works amazingly fast. DHboy got a really deatailed realistic skull done in 2-3 hrs. I know both artists ive got work from wouldve taken 5 hrs. Not sure how to find out his speed, but damn thats too expensive. I think right now , some artists are testing the limits to see what people will pay and raising their prices. Id contact him and talk it out to see how much he can do in that time. That kinda pisses me off. Like common dude, nikko hurtado is a king in the industry and hes keeping in at a reachable $250 an hour.

Originally Posted by Gbinkster View Post
    only good if he works amazingly fast. DHboy got a really deatailed realistic skull done in 2-3 hrs. I know both artists ive got work from wouldve taken 5 hrs. Not sure how to find out his speed, but damn thats too expensive. I think right now , some artists are testing the limits to see what people will pay and raising their prices. Id contact him and talk it out to see how much he can do in that time. That kinda pisses me off. Like common dude, nikko hurtado is a king in the industry and hes keeping in at a reachable $250 an hour.
    Yeah this is just for inner forearm... Pablo Aponte will be doing one of my inner forearms next month for a third of the price.

$250 is pretty much my max per hour unless the artist is mind blowing and as you mentioned, works fast.

How many different artists' work do you have on you anyway? And total hours? (oh this question is open to everyoen.... we need a poll!)
    Last edited by SheWulf; 04-07-2014 at 11:35 AM.

NoWamSayin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoWamSayin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoWamSayin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoWamSayin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoWamSayin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoWamSayin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoWamSayin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoWamSayin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoWamSayin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoWamSayin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoWamSayin is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Not into tattoos but i must say they are beautiful especially if it's done by a great artist.Almost a work of art like the mona lisa.

Nice ink in this thread.All about the DETAILS.

JordanCABJ is just really nice. (+1000) JordanCABJ is just really nice. (+1000) JordanCABJ is just really nice. (+1000) JordanCABJ is just really nice. (+1000) JordanCABJ is just really nice. (+1000) JordanCABJ is just really nice. (+1000) JordanCABJ is just really nice. (+1000) JordanCABJ is just really nice. (+1000) JordanCABJ is just really nice. (+1000) JordanCABJ is just really nice. (+1000) JordanCABJ is just really nice. (+1000)
    Crazy how much this thread.. Well part 2 changed my mind, woke me up and got me so into tattoos and artists... My knowledge grew so much just off your posts and research.
    Thanks

Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yeah this is just for inner forearm... Pablo Aponte will be doing one of my inner forearms next month for a third of the price.

$250 is pretty much my max per hour unless the artist is mind blowing and as you mentioned, works fast.

How many different artists' work do you have on you anyway? And total hours? (oh this question is open to everyoen.... we need a poll!)
    just a few big pieces. 3 artists. I started in 2000, got my right ribs done by Robert Atkinson, japanese wave in memory of a fallen friend, 6 hours. Started my 3/4 sleeve a few years ago. Carlos Rojas started the upper and inner arm. about 18 hours. Robert pho is completing the lower half, only 5 hours so far. Been lazy but im gonna think real hard to come up with some nice ideas to finish it. Artists im gonna focus on booking soon: eric m( if i can get a more realsitc price lol), maybe dmitry s one day. Chris nieves if and when he gets out of the school of hard knocks, carlos torres!!, nikko hurtado, silvano fiato. maybe a few more like chente rios and abey alvarez here in socal.

Theres different styles. Theres something fascinating about realism, but also something cool about traditional, and statuesque/ lowrider guys/ eric m. As far as the hardest to do. Hyper realism. And dmitry samohin in my opinion is one of about 10 in the world that ive seen to master that. Since that level of tattoo expertise is sooo small, they should be the only ones crossing the $250 mark. Yet their humble people and keep their prices where you dont have to break your bank to afford. Thumbs up to them!

How much work do you have? You seem to be getting some nice stuff recently.

NoWamSayin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoWamSayin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoWamSayin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoWamSayin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoWamSayin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoWamSayin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoWamSayin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoWamSayin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoWamSayin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoWamSayin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoWamSayin is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    not tryin to derail the thread.

What you guys think of henna tattoos.?

Comes from the henna tree.Mostly used for special occasions in different countries and south asia they use it for everything.There not permanent just last a few days or a week.Just like ink there fantastic.

Aslong as you got a steady hand than this cold be done.

http://seriouslyforreal.com/more/86-...henna-tattoos/

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/henna-tattoo

Originally Posted by JordanCABJ View Post
    Crazy how much this thread.. Well part 2 changed my mind, woke me up and got me so into tattoos and artists... My knowledge grew so much just off your posts and research.
    Thanks
    its all good, dont trip if some of us give u a hard time because you throw out so many changing ideas. Im very picky and spent a lot of time finding out artists, wait time, how to get in with certain artists, different ideas i like.. because in the end, you gonna go from blank goood ol boy plain skin, to inked up and you want it to look great.

Payrab is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Payrab is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Payrab is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Payrab is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Payrab is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Payrab is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Payrab is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Payrab is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Payrab is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Payrab is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Payrab is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thoughts?
    I'm surprised and disappointed he charges that much. Kind of a shame. I got a full day with Steve Wimmer for $1200, and I think they're both on par in terms of realism skill. Although, I do think Eric's composition is brilliant. But if you're trying to get a one day piece, I'd probably go to someone with equal or better skill, whos cheaper.

200+ hrs total.
    Kyle Walker
    Lil B
    Jun Cha
    Noah Minuskin
    Fernie Andrade
    Roman Abrego
    Bob Tyrell
    Nikko Hurtado
    Men's Physique IFBB Pro

WorldWarZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldWarZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldWarZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldWarZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldWarZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldWarZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldWarZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldWarZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldWarZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldWarZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldWarZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Are there any good artist in the US that does this watercolor style (Joey Pang) of tattoos?

SamCarroll is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SamCarroll is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SamCarroll is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SamCarroll is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SamCarroll is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SamCarroll is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SamCarroll is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SamCarroll is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SamCarroll is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SamCarroll is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SamCarroll is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I believe I've asked this before..
    Would you consider these tattoos violent, offensive or just unacceptable? I'm getting it on my forearm with cloud type backround. Black and grey. Based off a painting of a saint. Both on forearm and the other is a famous painting by carvaggio

if thats depicting/referencing john the baptist being beheaded after salome danced for harod and then asked for the head of John for her mothers pleasure then yeah i could see how people could take offence but idk if thats what it is.
    Last edited by SamCarroll; 04-07-2014 at 02:10 PM.
    traditional wet shaving crew

peanut butter love crew

Location: Surrey, Walton on thames, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thoughts?

Wise words from Byrne for you shewulf, he is a good artist but I would only be able to name 3-4 artists that I would willingly pay that kind of money for (with a queue jump) haha.

Counting all my artists (including my earlier work such as my right polynesian tribal) I have 6 artists.

Ivano Natale
    Edgar Ivanov
    Jan Atslega
    Dan Banas
    2 previous artists before I really got into the artistic side of tattooing.

Total hours I am estimating around 40-45 hours. Some very fast work in there by Edgar and Dan banas. Ivano natale is average speed wise and Jan Atslega is slow.

So far my collection includes two sleeves to shoulder only, 2 pec pieces (1 very bad, 1 very good) left rib writing, right rib piece (again 1 very good 1 very bad haha) small rose on back of my neck.

This reminds me, I posted this on my instagram a few months back. Should be shown to people before getting a tattoo with anybody. I actually thought that skull was good work....

Last edited by Dhboy; 04-07-2014 at 02:51 PM.
    Current Lifts - B 140kg x 5| S 185kg x 3 | D 200kg x 6 | Front S 130kg x 5 |

☆☆☆ υк яєω ☆☆☆

☆☆☆ MISC INK CREW ☆☆☆

☆☆☆ Occasional competitor crew ☆☆☆

Originally Posted by WorldWarZ View Post
    Are there any good artist in the US that does this watercolor style (Joey Pang) of tattoos?
    Mike Shultz in Indianapolis IN.

Instagram @iamshultz
    Men's Physique IFBB Pro

type1brahs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) type1brahs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) type1brahs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) type1brahs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) type1brahs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) type1brahs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) type1brahs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) type1brahs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) type1brahs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) type1brahs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) type1brahs has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thoughts?
    damn...thats insane...considering the 2 dope pieces you got done earlier this year which you paid less then he wants to charge for a forearm. Id be kinda mad too haha

Does anyone know the price range Noah from Lowrider is around? In the process of setting something up but his assistant and I havent talked money yet but i want to book a full day since i am traveling.

type1brahs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) type1brahs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) type1brahs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) type1brahs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) type1brahs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) type1brahs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) type1brahs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) type1brahs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) type1brahs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) type1brahs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) type1brahs has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    After having constant headaches and wishing I had more than 2 arms.. I decided
    Anderson Luna will be doing this. 2-3 hour sesh 14th of April!
    do you know if he works fast? i am sending a friend over to him and im curious to see how much she will get done in a 3 hours session

southpaw01 is just really nice. (+1000) southpaw01 is just really nice. (+1000) southpaw01 is just really nice. (+1000) southpaw01 is just really nice. (+1000) southpaw01 is just really nice. (+1000) southpaw01 is just really nice. (+1000) southpaw01 is just really nice. (+1000) southpaw01 is just really nice. (+1000) southpaw01 is just really nice. (+1000) southpaw01 is just really nice. (+1000) southpaw01 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thinkin bout getting this lion tomorrow, looks sick as fuark imo.

Originally Posted by type1brahs View Post
    damn...thats insane...considering the 2 dope pieces you got done earlier this year which you paid less then he wants to charge for a forearm. Id be kinda mad too haha

Does anyone know the price range Noah from Lowrider is around? In the process of setting something up but his assistant and I havent talked money yet but i want to book a full day since i am traveling.
    Figure around 1k to 1.5k per day.
    Men's Physique IFBB Pro

Figure around 1k to 1.5k per day.
    Thanks for the info, that is about what i was expecting.... at those rates can possibly do a back to back days if Noah is down. Pretty excited

Thanks for the info, that is about what i was expecting.... at those rates can possibly do a back to back days if Noah is down. Pretty excited
    He will do back to back days.
    If you want to do 12 hr sessions, he's down with that too.
    Men's Physique IFBB Pro

JordanCABJ is just really nice. (+1000) JordanCABJ is just really nice. (+1000) JordanCABJ is just really nice. (+1000) JordanCABJ is just really nice. (+1000) JordanCABJ is just really nice. (+1000) JordanCABJ is just really nice. (+1000) JordanCABJ is just really nice. (+1000) JordanCABJ is just really nice. (+1000) JordanCABJ is just really nice. (+1000) JordanCABJ is just really nice. (+1000) JordanCABJ is just really nice. (+1000)
    do you know if he works fast? i am sending a friend over to him and im curious to see how much she will get done in a 3 hours session
    When's your friend scheduled for? and I heard he works quick. He said that piece would take a couple of hours. Pretty sure it's a 2 hour appointment. Only downside is that he doesn't respond to my emails regarding other ideas. Fukkin annoyong. Seemed nice in person tho

Irrelevant to YOUR succes chino3's Avatar
    chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    He will do back to back days.
    If you want to do 12 hr sessions, he's down with that too.
    This. We did 9 hours of actual work (we spent a lot of time on the design since I traveled there for the work we couldn't do a full consult before hand). I left after 1am, and he called it just because my flight was at 6am, I still had to go back to my hotel and return my rental car lol.

And fwiw, he prefers to have breaks (healed time) between sessions because of the media (skin and tattoo machine) is so different from person to person. He likes to add layers and layers and layers! It builds the depth in a way the skin can handle. We had a really cool conversation about this.

Hoping to be back down there to further my piece in a month or so!!!
    "It won't get better, just different."

“Yeah, that's what the present is. It's a little unsatisfying because life's a little unsatisfying.”

Bring back ****g‏‏‎ot, ****g‏‏‎ot .

Irrelevant to YOUR succes chino3's Avatar
    chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by southpaw01 View Post
    Thinkin bout getting this lion tomorrow, looks sick as fuark imo.

what do you mean "thinking about?"
    IMO lion rampants are way too generic and common and just plain. It may look awesome at first but in the long run I think you will regret it. If you are set on a lion rampant, ask your artist to create a unique spin on it. Statuesque or realistic would be cool
    "It won't get better, just different."

“Yeah, that's what the present is. It's a little unsatisfying because life's a little unsatisfying.”

Bring back ****g‏‏‎ot, ****g‏‏‎ot .

Originally Posted by chino3 View Post
    IMO lion rampants are way too generic and common and just plain. It may look awesome at first but in the long run I think you will regret it. If you are set on a lion rampant, ask your artist to create a unique spin on it. Statuesque or realistic would be cool
    Nothing against the idea. It could look sick but it looks like the express logo and seems really generic.

Originally Posted by Payrab View Post
    I'm surprised and disappointed he charges that much. Kind of a shame. I got a full day with Steve Wimmer for $1200, and I think they're both on par in terms of realism skill. Although, I do think Eric's composition is brilliant. But if you're trying to get a one day piece, I'd probably go to someone with equal or better skill, whos cheaper.

Yeah disappointed is a good way to describe it. Is there is a nice way of writing his assistant back, "are you f*cking kidding me?" haha
    $3500 is a new motorcycle for me! Not an 8 hr tattoo. I'm blown away that people might actually pay that much.

Nikko is probably my top pick right now, along with a couple others....so I'll just keep trying.

Jealous of all the awesome work from good artists ITT. One of the pieces I've been waiting to get for years is a black and gray '57 chevy bel-air in memorial of my dad. Any artist stand out particularly well for doing automotive realistic work? Cars can end up looking cartoony if the lines are a little off and the shape is distorted.

southpaw01 is just really nice. (+1000) southpaw01 is just really nice. (+1000) southpaw01 is just really nice. (+1000) southpaw01 is just really nice. (+1000) southpaw01 is just really nice. (+1000) southpaw01 is just really nice. (+1000) southpaw01 is just really nice. (+1000) southpaw01 is just really nice. (+1000) southpaw01 is just really nice. (+1000) southpaw01 is just really nice. (+1000) southpaw01 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by chino3 View Post
    Ya I wont be getting it, just not 100% on it having doubts. Those ideas are good gonna look into them, thankfully my artist is a buddy from high school.