Garrett4000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Garrett4000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Garrett4000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Garrett4000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Garrett4000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Garrett4000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Garrett4000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Garrett4000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Garrett4000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Garrett4000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Garrett4000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

MSN's front page; High Protein diets might shorten lifespan?

Not sure if serious, but I saw this article today. It got sent to me from a friend who thinks I have "too much" protein when I only have 1-2 shakes of 25g protein a day at most along with a normal teenage diet.

What your guys opinion about it? Is it credible? Came from USC.

I can't post links but the title of it on Msn is: "High protein diets in middle age might shorten life span"
    ''The Ship of Failure Floats on a Sea of Excuses''

VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    lol @ msn articles...

Everyday they always make a 10 best/worst place for X, and they are usually inaccurate for those.

I doubt they would be accurate in any field of nutrition.
    "Learn from Yesterday, Live for Today, Hope for Tomorrow"

HowHardIsIt will become famous soon enough. (+50) HowHardIsIt will become famous soon enough. (+50) HowHardIsIt will become famous soon enough. (+50) HowHardIsIt will become famous soon enough. (+50) HowHardIsIt will become famous soon enough. (+50) HowHardIsIt will become famous soon enough. (+50) HowHardIsIt will become famous soon enough. (+50) HowHardIsIt will become famous soon enough. (+50) HowHardIsIt will become famous soon enough. (+50) HowHardIsIt will become famous soon enough. (+50) HowHardIsIt will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    High protein is bad for your health when consumed regularly for long periods of time
    However, what determines 'high' protein seems to be under researched
    Nutritionist and studies suggest to not exceed 2g of protein per kg of bodyweight. Some say it is OK to push 2.2 but any higher could be potentially damaging.
    Why you would consumer more than 2g or protein per kg of bodyweight is beyond me

VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by HowHardIsIt View Post
    High protein is bad for your health when consumed regularly for long periods of time
    Can you back up this statement for me?
    "Learn from Yesterday, Live for Today, Hope for Tomorrow"

calebgreene has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The article states the proteins derived specifically from animals are "harmful". This was probably funded by the Vegetarian Society...

HowHardIsIt will become famous soon enough. (+50) HowHardIsIt will become famous soon enough. (+50) HowHardIsIt will become famous soon enough. (+50) HowHardIsIt will become famous soon enough. (+50) HowHardIsIt will become famous soon enough. (+50) HowHardIsIt will become famous soon enough. (+50) HowHardIsIt will become famous soon enough. (+50) HowHardIsIt will become famous soon enough. (+50) HowHardIsIt will become famous soon enough. (+50) HowHardIsIt will become famous soon enough. (+50) HowHardIsIt will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by VmissileX View Post
    Can you back up this statement for me?
    http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Gettin...89_Article.jsp

http://www.mayoclinic.org/high-prote...s/faq-20058207

http://www.pcrm.org/health/reports/a...ated-with-high

Mind you I said sustained for long periods of time.
    I have friends who are currently getting degrees in physical therapy and a part of their course requirements are several food and nutrition classes.

Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Ok this is the 3rd thread on this topic now.

The articles definition of "high protein" diet is >20% of your calories from protein, or .8g per kg of body weight.

gymratbum is not very well liked. (-100) gymratbum is not very well liked. (-100) gymratbum is not very well liked. (-100) gymratbum is not very well liked. (-100) gymratbum is not very well liked. (-100) gymratbum is not very well liked. (-100) gymratbum is not very well liked. (-100) gymratbum is not very well liked. (-100) gymratbum is not very well liked. (-100) gymratbum is not very well liked. (-100) gymratbum is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Garrett4000 View Post
    Not sure if serious, but I saw this article today. It got sent to me from a friend who thinks I have "too much" protein when I only have 1-2 shakes of 25g protein a day at most along with a normal teenage diet.

What your guys opinion about it? Is it credible? Came from USC.

I can't post links but the title of it on Msn is: "High protein diets in middle age might shorten life span"

I just read this as well. Middle age high protein they say = bad. Old age high protein = good. Who knows. It's a new study. And everything either causes cancer or herpes. I will wait for more studies to definitely say yes or no that high protein will cause early death.

Either way I'll die with big musclez
    I eat
    I eat
    I lift
    I eat some more
    I poop it all out
    Rinse and repeat

Swagner281 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just stumbled upon same article and was going to post. Such a ridiculous headline just to grab readers and people who will spew lies based off of "something they heard". It does not state the type of "Animal protein", and that discredits the whole article; not the study just the article. As stated earlier, possibly as a joke? that it was funded by Vegetarian Society is probably not far off.

I'm looking forward to reading the full study, but based off this article it seems ridiculous.