Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Possible you are going to make that trip to Rochester this year and show off that new deadlift pr ? I know injury had you pull out last year.

Also in for pass out 405 rep video.
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ Don't care what you do crew.

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

Grip it and rip it... hardNheavy2011's Avatar
    hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    Man.....I am so glad to hear you say that! I was feeling like a little b!tch as tough as it was to get through these workouts. (and do them to the 't'...only 90 sec rest on the endurance stuff etc).

I know you do some damn intense training....To hear you say it was a 'b!tch' makes me feel better

I am setting some lofty goals my friend. Not sure I will hit them, but it has been a year since I pushed hard on deads....so I figured it was time to ask for some more out of it.

When I am done with this we should re-do our 405 for reps challenge again I think I will be a little more conditioned after this! A few weeks back, I knocked out 20 and stopped. (still had a few left in me) At the end of this....hell I dont have a clue. Maybe 28-30? Dare we even try it?..... (secretly hoping you say no )

Please say no
    LOL!!! Not just no but hell no!! I've been doing nothing but singles for the past 10 months. I haven't even pulled 405 for more than 5 reps in that time. lol Ain't gonna happen. I'd have to go back to pulling my sled and drop 20lbs to even consider it.

I also forgot to mention that even setting my 1RM conservative for the Coan DL program I think I stalled out at week 7. I'd have to go back and look for sure, but I'm almost positive it was week 7. Either I stalled out or I got bored. haha Either way, it's a very difficult program.
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #12 -!!!---!!!- Hardnheavy2011

Best competition lifts: RAW with wraps
    Squat- 623@202 611@198
    Bench- 374@203 429@222
    Deadlift- 601@203 639@228 660@220 (gym)
    Total- 1603@222 1554@202

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146556533

w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w8killer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    In for sure!
    - Don't get caught up in all the hype. Just lift, eat and rest! -

* Mad Hatter Crew

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Diet thoughts: I am upped my cal a little too. I just cant do this on a very restrictive diet. After the first workout, I realized I was not recovering properly on lower carbs. (sorness for 3 days). I upped my carbs which brought my scale weight up 4lbs in two days. I had time to get a real nice carb up prior to fridays workout. The workout was great (even though I was sick during the week). I got ZERO sorness and I think I had more left in me! Not going on a surplus, but I am not looking to extend my fat loss further while I do this. I just dont think that would be possible for me. One would have to give.

Originally Posted by Jtbny View Post
    Possible you are going to make that trip to Rochester this year and show off that new deadlift pr ? I know injury had you pull out last year.

Also in for pass out 405 rep video.
    I would love to. Just always hard to plan around family commitments. I need to be a little more laid back and just go and have fun. (hard for me not to go in and want to do my best). I know with all the travel, etc it will be hard to 'do it right' unless I took a few extra days which I dont want to be away from my family that long.

I may just go and enter at the weight I am that day. Far from being competitive entering just over 198 and jumping into the big boys range of 220's (that is big boy for me ) Really the experience will be awesome just to get to hang out with everyone and have a few beers after.

If I am not injured....I may just show up and 'run what I brung' and do my best for that day.

Originally Posted by hardNheavy2011 View Post
    LOL!!! Not just no but hell no!! I've been doing nothing but singles for the past 10 months. I haven't even pulled 405 for more than 5 reps in that time. lol Ain't gonna happen. I'd have to go back to pulling my sled and drop 20lbs to even consider it.

I also forgot to mention that even setting my 1RM conservative for the Coan DL program I think I stalled out at week 7. I'd have to go back and look for sure, but I'm almost positive it was week 7. Either I stalled out or I got bored. haha Either way, it's a very difficult program.
    Oh my god....THANK YOU! (for saying no). I think the vids would end with both of us being administered o2 by the paramedics that show up

With regard to 'stalling'.... I have the same fears. I thought a 30lb jump was conservative, but the number 650 is intimidating in its own right. It is rare that I feel a sense of trepidation when approaching a bar....but I am lying if I did not say that number intimidates me a little.

Then the practical side of me comes in and says....it is only a 5% increase in 1rm. (it makes it easier to think of it that way

In the end, I am just going to give it my all.... If I dont hit it...that is not a failure. Quitting and not trying for it would be. No shame in giving something your all and coming up short. Only other option is to sit on the sidelines and watch others do it. I'm not even going there
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Taking a new approach to tonights workout. I am on week 3 which is still endurance based (more volume and less rest). This is the the 3rd of 4 endurance workouts.

To help me make it through tonights routine, I am going to play with some supps. I am doing a throwback to good old Dan Duchane Ultimate Orange! I will take 16mg Ephedrine HCL and 300mg caffeine 30 min prior to workout. Also I will ingest about 25g of dextrose.

I will put another 15g of dextrose in my water bottle along with my usual stuff and drink throughout the workout.

I have played with different combinations before, but the ephedrine is what I am hoping will help me out a little. Adding the dextrose should give me some 'fuel' as well. To avoid just dropping the bottom out of my blood sugar, I will add more dextrose in my drink to consume while I workout. I am a little nervous as I have 7g of luecine in there and the synergistic nature of leucine and dextrose can send you hypoglycemic pretty bad. I will see how I feel.....

T mins 70 min!
    RAW lifts

Grip it and rip it... hardNheavy2011's Avatar
    hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Taking a new approach to tonights workout. I am on week 3 which is still endurance based (more volume and less rest). This is the the 3rd of 4 endurance workouts.

To help me make it through tonights routine, I am going to play with some supps. I am doing a throwback to good old Dan Duchane Ultimate Orange! I will take 16mg Ephedrine HCL and 300mg caffeine 30 min prior to workout. Also I will ingest about 25g of dextrose.

I will put another 15g of dextrose in my water bottle along with my usual stuff and drink throughout the workout.

I have played with different combinations before, but the ephedrine is what I am hoping will help me out a little. Adding the dextrose should give me some 'fuel' as well. To avoid just dropping the bottom out of my blood sugar, I will add more dextrose in my drink to consume while I workout. I am a little nervous as I have 7g of luecine in there and the synergistic nature of leucine and dextrose can send you hypoglycemic pretty bad. I will see how I feel.....

T mins 70 min!
    Will that Ultimate Orange concoction, you should bust through this workout in no time!! It never failed to add some decent poundage back when I used to use it. I like your combo. I might have to copy it because lately I'm feeling a little tired and run down and that doesn't usually make for a very good workout.
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #12 -!!!---!!!- Hardnheavy2011

Best competition lifts: RAW with wraps
    Squat- 623@202 611@198
    Bench- 374@203 429@222
    Deadlift- 601@203 639@228 660@220 (gym)
    Total- 1603@222 1554@202

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146556533

Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just popping in to see what is gong on....good luck!

Smart man for upping the calories.
    400# Bulgarian bicep curl

Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I started Coan-Phillipi this week. I added a week at the beginning at a slightly lighter weight than week 1 so it will be 11 weeks and a meet on week 12.

Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Added: LOL, realizing my numbers are half of what you are doing.
    " ----------I`m your Huckleberry......'"

John Adams

Well, my little experiment went south. It was not really the stim part, but I tried to spike my sugar with dextrose and left my normal leucine in both my pre-wo and intra. (I mix my own from just bulk supps).

I knew the interaction of luecine and dextrose and was actually hoping for the reaction I got, but I just did not realize it would tank me so bad. Taking both leucine and dextrose cause a synergistic release of insulin with is much greater then taking either separately. It is so powerful, it can cause you to go hypoglycemic. Here is a study on just the reaction:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19013300

Manipulated properly, this can be used to help with anabolism. In my experience, the leaner you are the more sensitive you become to carbs as well. I did not realize how bad it would drop me down though. About 15min into my workout I started to go hypoglycemic. I could feel it. (light headed, dizzy and weak). All I can say, is that is not an effective way for me to use it. I may just save it for post workout. Next time I will use dextrose ONLY and no leucine.

The stim part was good and about all that got me through the routine. But it is really getting tough. Not to make excuses, I lost my last grandparent last night and I probably did not belong in the gym anyway.(mentally) Expecting a good workout was probably too much, but there is really nothing I can do now till services are arranged. As hyped up as I tried to make myself, I just did not have the fight in me today.

I made it through....but that is about all I can say. Next week is last of the endurance and I am looking forward to lifting heavy with good rest periods.

Originally Posted by hardNheavy2011 View Post
    Will that Ultimate Orange concoction, you should bust through this workout in no time!! It never failed to add some decent poundage back when I used to use it. I like your combo. I might have to copy it because lately I'm feeling a little tired and run down and that doesn't usually make for a very good workout.
    Ephedrine is such a nice stim. Too bad they are so restrictive on it. I have a bunch of HCL that I got from CAN, but now you cant import it anymore. When it is gone, I will have to go back to Bronkaid.... I also have a bunch of 1,3 in bulk, but I like Ephedrine better.

Originally Posted by Smelly bull View Post
    Just popping in to see what is gong on....good luck!

Smart man for upping the calories.
    I have learned to listen to my body. I really did not have a choice. If I did not bring in at least some more food, I dont think I could continue much further. (at least with this intensity)

Originally Posted by Nikonguy View Post
    I started Coan-Phillipi this week. I added a week at the beginning at a slightly lighter weight than week 1 so it will be 11 weeks and a meet on week 12.

Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Added: LOL, realizing my numbers are half of what you are doing.
    No worries man. I will guarantee you one thing for sure. I KNOW your workouts are just as freaking hard REGARDLESS of what is on the bar. This is TOUGH! Feel free to post your thoughts as you go through it in here if you are up to it.

This just goes to show the level of fatigue with these workouts. Here is my first set of 'speed deads' with 455. I only did a set of 2 with 555 prior so I was 'fresh'

Here is my 6th set with only 90 sec between sets. You can see I am tanked and my form is getting really sloppy. This is a killer!
    RAW lifts

SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Sorry for your loss Induced Drag

and whilst I have not been at this long enough to understand the pre workout situation, I do understand dizzy spells and being light headed
    which is not an ideal thing to happen during any workout

watched the 2 vids
    1st set - you did the 3 reps in under 8 seconds
    it took 26 secs to initiate the 1st pull and it was all over by 34 secs , bar back on ground

for the 6th set
    you did take a bit longer to initiate the initial pull, but you still got the 3 reps done in under 10 seconds , which is pretty fast in my opinion

cannot comment on form, as I have none

but speed reps at 10 seconds for a triple at 455 seems very fast to me
    ☻/
    /▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
    / \

ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Love that you are doing this. I love following people who are doing this program. It is rough for sure. Plenty of people seem to miss or stall on the program (week 8 is usually the deal breaker lol) but still walk away with a huge PR regardless. Can't see the vids on my ipad but will check them out later. 8 seconds/3 at that %. sounds pretty speedy though
    CSCS

845@132 | Wilks 429.55
    Meet lifts : Squat 275 | Bench 170 | Dead 400

Journal : http://tinyurl.com/80s-lifting-journal

mom to 3 boys / spend my life at grocery store crew

Originally Posted by SteveWright1 View Post
    Sorry for your loss Induced Drag

and whilst I have not been at this long enough to understand the pre workout situation, I do understand dizzy spells and being light headed
    which is not an ideal thing to happen during any workout

watched the 2 vids
    1st set - you did the 3 reps in under 8 seconds
    it took 26 secs to initiate the 1st pull and it was all over by 34 secs , bar back on ground

for the 6th set
    you did take a bit longer to initiate the initial pull, but you still got the 3 reps done in under 10 seconds , which is pretty fast in my opinion

cannot comment on form, as I have none

but speed reps at 10 seconds for a triple at 455 seems very fast to me

I guess it was more a feeling like there was not much gas in the tank. The latter sets were just going 'up' rather then accelerating through.

Originally Posted by ilovethe80s View Post
    Love that you are doing this. I love following people who are doing this program. It is rough for sure. Plenty of people seem to miss or stall on the program (week 8 is usually the deal breaker lol) but still walk away with a huge PR regardless. Can't see the vids on my ipad but will check them out later. 8 seconds/3 at that %. sounds pretty speedy though
    Interesting about the 8 week mark. I will say, I have looked at the coming weeks and it is intimidating for sure. In the end, a PR will be nice. I have been stuck at 620-ish for a year (but I have not really worked for more).

Today was end of week 4 and end of endurance phase! Hell yea! Boy this was tough and I can see why a lot of guys dont finish this. Even I was taking myself through every set in the latter portion. My body was telling me to quit. It was playing games with me and the weak part of my brain said "you dont have to do the last few sets", or "you can rest a little more". I just did not listen and did not give my body the choice.

I will be honest, that this workout has pushed me closer to quitting on a set or two then I have EVER come before. This is grueling. No one can be a robot, and I think a good training partner to yell at you might help. I am doing this on my own, and human nature, even for someone with drive, tells you to pull back when it gets this tough. I feel a sense of accomplishment knowing I completed the workout as written.

My first set was 585x2 and it was sooooo easy. Wow...it was nice. I felt like I could have done 2 more (which would have been a PR) but I stuck with the programming and stopped at two. (I did take a nice pause at the top of rep 2 just to feel the bar bounce a little )

Glad I did because my 'speed reps' were 5 sets of 3 reps with 490 (and only 90 sec rest bet sets). I used 495 just because I like 5 plates. While not very speedy they were nice. The last sets were tough from a fatigue standpoint but I could feel great back engagement. I was just able to power through them even though it was slow. Feeling your body line up behind a lift like that is when you are coordinated to move big weight. It was a great confidence booster.

Look forward to power moves coming. I get to add in "power shrugs now" which will be fun. I have not done a shrug in 20 years! Maybe I can build some traps now

RAW lifts

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Ephedrine is such a nice stim. Too bad they are so restrictive on it. I have a bunch of HCL that I got from CAN, but now you cant import it anymore. When it is gone, I will have to go back to Bronkaid.... I also have a bunch of 1,3 in bulk, but I like Ephedrine better.
    HCL is very easy to get. I just bought some at the local Wal-Mart pharmacy. Just ask for Primatine tablets. They have actual HCL, not sulfate like the Bronkaid tabs.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Fwiw i added 95 lbs. to my max in 13 weeks on this program.

Gadsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gadsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gadsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gadsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gadsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gadsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gadsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gadsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gadsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gadsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gadsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Look forward to power moves coming. I get to add in "power shrugs now" which will be fun. I have not done a shrug in 20 years! Maybe I can build some traps now
    You will love power shrugs! I rotate them in every 6-8 weeks. Looking forward to the video.
    "Don't mess with old men. They can't fight so they will just kill you"

FMCDH/BITS

I have tee shirts that are Over 35.

Originally Posted by Karl_Hungus View Post
    HCL is very easy to get. I just bought some at the local Wal-Mart pharmacy. Just ask for Primatine tablets. They have actual HCL, not sulfate like the Bronkaid tabs.

Hmmm never knew that! I still have a good stash of Kazien HCL, but now at least I know there are some options. I am a big believer in EC for cutting, but even when not, it makes a great pre-wo
    Thanks

Originally Posted by highiso View Post
    Fwiw i added 95 lbs. to my max in 13 weeks on this program.
    Very nice. I am hoping for 30lbs or almost 5%. I think at this point, that would be a HUGE jump for me in 10 weeks. Really ANY increase is a victory for me. It feels good to feel good and back at 100% without nagging injuries.
    Next week I will switch to mixed grip on my heavy sets. I dont like the additional exposure to injury, but I want to get used to it again.

Originally Posted by Gadsen View Post
    You will love power shrugs! I rotate them in every 6-8 weeks. Looking forward to the video.
    Yes! I look forward to them. Been so long since I have done shrugs. I just dont see a lot of value in them when you are consistently doing deads. I felt my training energy was better put elsewhere. But since it is part of the program, I am all about doing them!
    RAW lifts

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    one of the only times I ever really hurt my back lifting was doing "speed deads"...I dont remember the weight or any of the circumstances but I remember I was trying to explode off the floor etc. I got a pretty decent little back strain and said id never do those again.

One thing about "speed" deads is that you arent really getting into the correct position after that first rep. In other words you drop the bar and then try to pull it back up quickly but the bar might be a few inches out in front of you and the body position might not be set exactly correct. Be careful bro...
    "Humility comes before honor"

Originally Posted by John Prophet View Post
    one of the only times I ever really hurt my back lifting was doing "speed deads"...I dont remember the weight or any of the circumstances but I remember I was trying to explode off the floor etc. I got a pretty decent little back strain and said id never do those again.

One thing about "speed" deads is that you arent really getting into the correct position after that first rep. In other words you drop the bar and then try to pull it back up quickly but the bar might be a few inches out in front of you and the body position might not be set exactly correct. Be careful bro...

Not sure I follow you. I mentioned earlier in this post my technique for them. I dont believe in 'exploding' off the floor. I tension the bar and the explosiveness starts with a loaded bar and accelerates upwards. To me, jerking on an unloaded bar (especially one with a decent weight) is not wise. Although I only go up to 495 with speed deads, it is still enough weight to hurt you if the bar starts whipping too much.

I also reset to a dead stop after every pull.

Personally, I have been enjoying them....but it remains to be seen if this program works for me. The 585 x 2 yesterday felt very light. I felt like I could have done 2 more which would be PR range and definitely in the 650 range for a single. I will be happy with any increase though.... At this point, even small increases come down to lots of work. I have to be honest to know I am reaching what might be my ultimate limit. Either way, a 620,630,or 650 pull at my weight and masters is right up there and I am proud to be here.
    RAW lifts

In prep for deadlifting with mixed grip, I have to get my biceps stretched out some more to avoid injury. (they tend to get tight on me easily if I dont stretch them a lot)

Up till now in my program, I have been using straps but I plan on switching to mixed in the coming weeks for my final push towards a new PR and my meet.

This exercise it the best I have found at stretching out tight biceps. You can really lean your body down and get them really good. You can also adjust your wrist angle for even more stretch. I am using light weight (only 30lbs) This is more 'iso' then I normally do, but I dont plan on ripping off a bicep tendon, so I better start stretching!

RAW lifts

Corpsman 91-99 & forever cmoore's Avatar
    cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This exercise it the best I have found at stretching out tight biceps.
    Try 45* incline bench curls with a modest weight you can do uncomfortably 12 times. Do a set of 12 curls, then let you arms hang at full extension and twist the dbells as many times you can through your maximum range of motion at the wrist--pronate/supinate (while keeping the shoulder still and the elbow extended)
    Last edited by cmoore; 03-24-2014 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Details: this is a seated curl and stretch on a incline bench
    "I'm not a Ninja, but I played one on TV." -cmoore, American Ninja Warrior (ANW 7,8)

"Of all the things I lost during my cut, I miss my mind the most." -cmoore

Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ^^^ A little off topic, but are you still weighing in at 199lbs? You look BIG as shyt in that video. Just sayin'

Originally Posted by cmoore View Post
    Try 45* incline bench curls with a modest weight you can do uncomfortably 12 times. Do a set of 12 curls, then let you arms hang at full extension and twist the dbells as many times you can through your maximum range of motion at the wrist--pronate/supinate (while keeping the shoulder still and the elbow extended)
    I KNOW your knowledge of anatomy is 1000x's of what mine is. Thank you! I am having a little trouble picturing what you are describing though. Are you talking about letting your arms hang down perpendicular with the floor or are they raised like in "spider man' curls?. If you ever have a chance to snap a pic or vid, that would be awesome. Or if it is a simple explanation, I appreciate the help!

That said, I know tightness is an issue for me and I want to be sure to loosen up a bit to avoid strain under that much load.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Bo_Flecks View Post
    ^^^ A little off topic, but are you still weighing in at 199lbs? You look BIG as shyt in that video. Just sayin'
    No I went off my diet about 2 weeks ago. I was right at 200 and I am back up to 205-206 AM. Not following a structured diet, 3-6lb swings are not uncommon depending on the level of carbs I eat. I am trying to eat just enough to be able to perform in the gym, but not so much I pick up BF. Doing this all by 'feel' means it is FAR from exact but it is working well.

Funny the illusion of size changes GREATLY with drop in BF. I find this especially true through the shoulders, chest and arms. (plus my arm is pressed against my side while I am curling ) My arms are actually about 3/4 smaller then they have been at their biggest (about 10 mos ago at the end of a bulk). Overall, I have not seem a tape increase in over a year, but I am finally getting composition under control. I think I have always had good thickness, but you could never really see it. I carried most of my fat through my torso and chest. When the bodyfat drops, stuff just starts to 'pop' out all over the place.

It has really been the most rewarding thing....right up there with PR's. Finally looking like I put as much work into this as I do. It is why I dont mind cutting and I NEVER feel it is a step backwards even though I have to put strength goals on the side burner when I am trying to drop fat. In the end, (for me) it is more then worth it. I like being well rounded and it certainly keeps me from getting bored. Schizophrenia, as applied to training, will do that to you!
    RAW lifts

cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I KNOW your knowledge of anatomy is 1000x's of what mine is. Thank you! I am having a little trouble picturing what you are describing though. Are you talking about letting your arms hang down perpendicular with the floor or are they raised like in "spider man' curls?. If you ever have a chance to snap a pic or vid, that would be awesome. Or if it is a simple explanation, I appreciate the help!

That said, I know tightness is an issue for me and I want to be sure to loosen up a bit to avoid strain under that much load.

Thanks!

-do 12 hard reps of A to B
    -return to A
    -twist the dbells at the wrist the full range you can in both directions for as many times as you can
    "I'm not a Ninja, but I played one on TV." -cmoore, American Ninja Warrior (ANW 7,8)

Originally Posted by cmoore View Post

-do 12 hard reps of A to B
    -return to A
    -twist the dbells at the wrist the full range you can in both directions for as many times as you can

Gotcha! Thanks so much man!!! Will be doing these for sure. Just sitting here in that position, I can feel the stretch will be great. Thanks again!!!
    RAW lifts

gotcha! Thanks so much man!!! Will be doing these for sure. Just sitting here in that position, i can feel the stretch will be great. Thanks again!!!
    yw. Hth.

Week 5. Went in today and used mixed grip on my 525 sets. I need to trim some callouses as they are pulling a little too much. Finished the rest of workout with straps.

Nice change of pace and with more rest I could bring weights up a little.

This program was the first time I have done SLDL in YEARS. (normally I do RDL)

Lower back feels good and 405 felt like nothing even though I had already done 3 sets of deads at 525 and 3 sets of speed deads at 425.

They were so light I decided to make it harder and do them from a full stop rather then T&G. Just a great confidence builder.

Back just felt solid and I am fairly sure I could do it with 495 for reps with only lower back fresh.

RAW lifts

SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    great session Induced Drag

you made them look really easy on the video
    and the only time that the weight looked heavy to me, was when you went to rack it back up

the SLDL part made that weight look a lot lighter than it truly is
    ☻/
    /▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
    / \

Originally Posted by SteveWright1 View Post
    great session Induced Drag

you made them look really easy on the video
    and the only time that the weight looked heavy to me, was when you went to rack it back up

the SLDL part made that weight look a lot lighter than it truly is
    That is a funny observation. I never quite thought of it like that, but it is so true! The hardest part of doing that is racking it at the end

This is a little off topic but it is why I have always respected 'strongman' type work. The strength is much more functionally based. What good is doing a bunch of weight locked into a single position or movement?.... Now when you throw in the real world applications of power, is where it gets fun. In the back of my head, I would love to pursue (or at least train for) strongman. It seems like so much fun and I think the challenge part of pushing yourself would really be something I enjoy. It will have to wait though..... with young kids, it is tough just to keep all my obligations as it is.
    RAW lifts

BIG thanks again Cmoore for the curl exercise. I did it today and it was GREAT!

These will be a part of my wo for a while till I can loosen up some more. Thanks!
    RAW lifts

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Funny the illusion of size changes GREATLY with drop in BF. I find this especially true through the shoulders, chest and arms. (plus my arm is pressed against my side while I am curling ) My arms are actually about 3/4 smaller then they have been at their biggest (about 10 mos ago at the end of a bulk). Overall, I have not seem a tape increase in over a year, but I am finally getting composition under control. I think I have always had good thickness, but you could never really see it. I carried most of my fat through my torso and chest. When the bodyfat drops, stuff just starts to 'pop' out all over the place.

if u dont mind, whats your arm size/waist size/bf% in that vid? (I gave up trying to PM u lol, box always full)
    "Humility comes before honor"