Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: geek gets lean

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thank you for the link Geek. Seems Wendler has a lot of stuff I need to catch up on.

As far as assistance work I would like to see?

I would like to see some single leg work (lunges, Jefferson squats, pistol box squats... etc). Push-ups would be a good assistance movement for you as well. It's pretty gentle on the CNS and a good way to develop better mind muscle control with your chest. Start on your knees if you have to. Direct core work is always a great idea. You can add it in in the form of planks, in the form of squat walkouts.

Scrabbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scrabbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scrabbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scrabbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scrabbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scrabbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scrabbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scrabbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scrabbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scrabbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scrabbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    As stated, geek, amazing deadlifts. On a diet no less. Keep up the good work with the diet. Like Jeff said, just be conscious, but with the holidays be happy, not miserable. Keep up the amazing work .
    Starting from scratch.

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice deadlifting G-dog! Doing 205 double overhand is pretty impressive, you have some decent grip there so don't sell yourself short. Strong press as well! Lol thank you for giving me my dancing chicken, this log has everything.
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Great work.
    Solid with the stats. You ARE indeed a strong young lady. VERY strong.

I got a few snippets that seem to help me along sometimes. May be of help. May not.

Running 5K.

There was a time (believe it or not) where I actually got into running before realising that I was pretty much not cut out for that type of thing due to my old knee and shin splints.
    I started off with the 1 on 1 off philosophy. REALLY WORKS.

Stretch and warm up. Then walk 2 lamp posts. Run 1 lamp post. Then 1 run 1 walk the whole 5k. Repeat for a week then up to 2 run 1 walk for a week. Eventually running and walking 3 times a week I was able to run a 5k within a very small amount of time. serious. And I smoked like a gunner.

The weighing.
    My digital scales are a nice side plate on the table during meals. Although I tend to put all food out and we help ourselves like old school eating.
    Each item gets placed on the scales with a side plate on. Taped. Then the weight put into a notepad on my phone. Yes others give me bert stares. But eventually they just see it as the norm.

I am a tad OCD. But I think it is this OCD that seems appropriate sometimes and is the difference between a -/+ 200 calorie difference and a -/+1000 calorie difference.

I drink tea like it is going out of fashion. Milk is placed into a jug at the start of the day for MY personal tea use. Easy to measure at the end of the night.

Spray butter 1cal is ok but pretty much ruins my chance of my fat intake being high enough. But substitutes whenever you are close to your goals.

Once all your food has been tracked and you are possibly a tad short. (almonds) are amazing little uppers. LOL. run to the kitchen, eat 5 almonds. Track it. Realise there is still room. Run back and eat another 5. Like an idiot. But it works.

All this is nothing but insight to what I done or do. Nothing but ideas. Hope it may be of some help to you or someone else lurking along.

Did I mention the awesome workout? I believe I did. But needed to repeat that cos it was solid indeed.
    Ride it like you just stole it.

geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ilovethe80s View Post
    Nice deadlifting and pressing there! I've been meaning to switch my bench from 531 to 351, too. You've inspired me, will do it at the end of this cycle. For your accessories, what is on your wishlist for things to strengthen and work on? You've mentioned the squat forward drift, anything else there and what for bench /dead? Your work is looking nice and balanced. When in doubt, lats
    yeah, i have issues with the forward lean. i think it's core/ab related, but not sure.

with bench i get stuck about 2 or 3 inches off the chest. if i can bring it down, i can get it back up at least a little bit. i am really good about tucking my shoulders in and i think that gives me a bounce.

now if it's a pause bench, i can't get it off the body if it's an iffy weight.

with deadlifts, i can usually move it off the ground, but starting at about the lower part of the knee, it will get stuck.

thank you so much!

Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post
    Thank you for the link Geek. Seems Wendler has a lot of stuff I need to catch up on.

As far as assistance work I would like to see?

I would like to see some single leg work (lunges, Jefferson squats, pistol box squats... etc). Push-ups would be a good assistance movement for you as well. It's pretty gentle on the CNS and a good way to develop better mind muscle control with your chest. Start on your knees if you have to. Direct core work is always a great idea. You can add it in in the form of planks, in the form of squat walkouts.
    i think that the single leg work is an excellent idea. my balance and coordination is shaky, and likely my muscle development is lopsided.

and i also avoid ab work. you picked the two things i avoid. and i avoid them bc i suck at them. i *have* to do it.

two goals.
    1. do ab work every day. i have that rollout thing. i will start with just ten rollouts a day.
    2. do lunges on mondays (squat day) if not lunges then progress on pistol squats. starting with bench pistols.

Originally Posted by Scrabbz View Post
    As stated, geek, amazing deadlifts. On a diet no less. Keep up the good work with the diet. Like Jeff said, just be conscious, but with the holidays be happy, not miserable. Keep up the amazing work .
    i have no problem being free with food. hahaa. with ana, it seems like it's a reaction to violence/hate and you react by wanting to dissappear. emotional overeating is a reaction to the same stimulus, but (for me) it's a big, "F*CK YOU, you want me gone? you wanna destroy me? ill get BIGGER."

i just have to channel that aggression into wanting to take up space, but not be unhealthy about it. also, i just like sugar.

Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    Nice deadlifting G-dog! Doing 205 double overhand is pretty impressive, you have some decent grip there so don't sell yourself short. Strong press as well! Lol thank you for giving me my dancing chicken, this log has everything.
    thank, hobbes. yeah, my grip is good enough to dl over 200 DO, just not good enough to hold me. yet. i'm working on it!

Originally Posted by doughnutgut View Post
    Great work.
    Solid with the stats. You ARE indeed a strong young lady. VERY strong.

I got a few snippets that seem to help me along sometimes. May be of help. May not.

Running 5K.

There was a time (believe it or not) where I actually got into running before realising that I was pretty much not cut out for that type of thing due to my old knee and shin splints.
    I started off with the 1 on 1 off philosophy. REALLY WORKS.

Stretch and warm up. Then walk 2 lamp posts. Run 1 lamp post. Then 1 run 1 walk the whole 5k. Repeat for a week then up to 2 run 1 walk for a week. Eventually running and walking 3 times a week I was able to run a 5k within a very small amount of time. serious. And I smoked like a gunner.

The weighing.
    My digital scales are a nice side plate on the table during meals. Although I tend to put all food out and we help ourselves like old school eating.
    Each item gets placed on the scales with a side plate on. Taped. Then the weight put into a notepad on my phone. Yes others give me bert stares. But eventually they just see it as the norm.

I am a tad OCD. But I think it is this OCD that seems appropriate sometimes and is the difference between a -/+ 200 calorie difference and a -/+1000 calorie difference.

I drink tea like it is going out of fashion. Milk is placed into a jug at the start of the day for MY personal tea use. Easy to measure at the end of the night.

Spray butter 1cal is ok but pretty much ruins my chance of my fat intake being high enough. But substitutes whenever you are close to your goals.

Once all your food has been tracked and you are possibly a tad short. (almonds) are amazing little uppers. LOL. run to the kitchen, eat 5 almonds. Track it. Realise there is still room. Run back and eat another 5. Like an idiot. But it works.

All this is nothing but insight to what I done or do. Nothing but ideas. Hope it may be of some help to you or someone else lurking along.

Did I mention the awesome workout? I believe I did. But needed to repeat that cos it was solid indeed.
    all good tips. thanks for that!

my digital scale is my bff in the kitchen. and hitting fat goal is absolutely not a problem.

geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Exercise
    C25K W2, on treadmill 3/5.2 mph for walk/run.

Diet
    Yesterday
    1,946 cals
    159 carbs
    87 fats
    135 protein

Notes
    Running felt good. Haven't done it in a couple weeks. I restarted on week 2, and I was fine. Got nice and sweaty.

Diet was better controlled. I ate my son's cookies that he brought home from preschool and we made sugar cookies and decorated them, which the kids loved, but it temped me to two more cookies. I am going to find some holiday activities for the kids that aren't food related.

Benchin tomorrow!!!

Cycle 1, Week 1, Day 3

Benchin
    barx10
    55x5
    65x5
    80x3
    90x3
    100x3
    110x3

CGBP
    65x10
    65x10
    65x10

Skullcrushers << did these all the way down. is that how they are supposed to be done?
    barx8
    barx5
    barx5

Squats
    barx5
    85x5
    115x5
    135x5 (2 beat pause for 3,4,5)

Medicine ball throws 10# x15 (pretty much nuthin)

I left feeling sluggish, and now am sorta shaky. Diet doesn't explain it and I have been getting enough water. Just a weird day.

Diet
    Yesterday
    1,579 calories
    138 carbs
    56 fats
    143 protein

I planned on another protein shake which would have brought it to 1700+ but the kids took up my attention in the evening and I forgot.

Today
    2,096 calories
    208 carbs
    97 fats
    115 protein

Notes
    Still feeling pretty solid. I waver with sweets, but today thought about it and consciously made the decision not to dabble in sweets even though I was hungry and the impulse was definitely there.
    Todays workout was adequate, but I wasn't feelin it. eh.
    Last edited by geek23ka; 12-20-2013 at 04:00 PM.

Scrabbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scrabbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scrabbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scrabbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scrabbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scrabbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scrabbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scrabbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scrabbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scrabbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scrabbz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Some days we have off days geek. You still went and worked hard. Your numbers are there. Good work. Don't give up.
    Starting from scratch.

doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by geek23ka View Post
    Still feeling pretty solid. I waver with sweets, but today thought about it and consciously made the decision not to dabble in sweets even though I was hungry and the impulse was definitely there.
    We only ever want something more when we are in the mindset that we are unable to have it. Has been a legitimate part of my time since I started this stuff.

Great work Geek. You got this. Like a Boss.

hey guys! thanks. i don't know why, but i didn't get an update. i need to make sure i am subscribed to my thread i guess.

ok so i looked through birdie's posts in the 2013 transformation thread. she was lifting for years before that transformation, so i dont have to feel terrible about not being strong like her, etc. and her discipline was amazing. she was always my lifting hero here. i am readying my brain for 12 weeks of hell. i want what she did. i have done a couple weeks of RFL and it was very very tough. i was unable to take bronkaid though, because of nursing. i'm not nursing anymore, so that's not a problem. she also didn't cardio, so i will avoid that, too. also said she did 2x/week full body lifting to maintain LBM. i gotta sort that, too. probably just do 351 main lifts. bench/squat one day and dead/ohp the next. i remember how exhausted i felt at the end of those two weeks on RFL, so i think these two changes will be important for my success.

acc, with the ephedra, do you quickly adapt to it? should i ramp up slowly on the amount i use?

i have said that i need to go back to slow and steady, but i know this transformation thread can get me through this. that and my own brain. for now, i will continue tracking and getting used to lower calories. the second attempt at rfl failed, i think because i ate lots of calories preceeding it out of fear of the diet. that is the wrong approach. i need to restrict before going in. and my refeeds will forcus on carbs carbs carbs, which i also didn't do well despite acc telling me i should. i remember one poster here said she ate frosted flakes and skim milk. that seems like a good way to go for all those carbs. enough pleasure for me to stop feeling so deprived, but without the fat from my normal go-to's like ice cream.

today is my older son's 10th birthday. he chose to go to golden corral (YUCK! is this my son??) so my husband will take the kids there while i clean the house and wrap presents. i will partake in the ice cream cake i ordered for him, but other than that, i will be all about the veggies and meat today. have a steak thawed and lots of green beans. i lurve me some green beans!

ETA: further thoughts on this. looked up a calculator, and this is what i think is workable. acc, thoughts?

ratchet down the calories the week before to 1600. keep protein intake to 138.

macros for PSMF
    138 protein
    35 fat
    60 carbs
    1106 calories

2 free meals a week.

it says i need zero refeeds, but i will do a refeed at week 8 and then go on to week 12. the free meals will be carb based.

ETA 2: what about supplements? vitamins? fish oil? is it necessary for a 12 week run?
    Last edited by geek23ka; 12-21-2013 at 09:28 AM.

Just to throw my two cents in on the diet, I'd say for even for a PSMF that's a tad low calories and fat wise. Granted, women store fat a bit more than men, therefor you may be able to get away with consuming less, but just thinking about it from a biological standpoint, that seems pretty steep even for a fast. Of course, I could be 100% wrong. If anyone says otherwise, I'd probably listen to them.

Good luck, geek.
    Starting from scratch.

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It does seem pretty drastic cal and fat wise, then again I'm sitting here dunking potato chips in my soup so I may not be the best judge of that kind of thing. Best of luck to you nonetheless.
    Current PRs:

*Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

ETA 2: what about supplements? vitamins? fish oil? is it necessary for a 12 week run?
    It aint gonna hurt.. So why not.. Get them down ya.

kmac1196 is a name known to all. (+5000) kmac1196 is a name known to all. (+5000) kmac1196 is a name known to all. (+5000) kmac1196 is a name known to all. (+5000) kmac1196 is a name known to all. (+5000) kmac1196 is a name known to all. (+5000) kmac1196 is a name known to all. (+5000) kmac1196 is a name known to all. (+5000) kmac1196 is a name known to all. (+5000) kmac1196 is a name known to all. (+5000) kmac1196 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Geek I actually think those numbers are doable. For some reason when I lowered my fat I was able to stick to lower cals. Protein and carbs don't seem to change adherence but the fat did for me. Which is opposite from what everyone says....that fat is satiating. I was miserable. This go I'm able to stay at 1200-1400 easily. I've had a day here and there at 1800 ish but no problem getting back. Give it a try. Reasses from there. I'll be here if you need anything!

Hurry up! You have to catch up to me!

ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I like acc's accessory selections, ESP the walkouts. Front squat holds are amazing for core. As for the bench, I'd also vote lats + double / triple pauses as potential options for more confidence coming off the chest. Would need to see your dead to give a decent rx

your numbers are always amazing esp with the kinds of calorie deficits you run.

Happy birthday to your son!
    CSCS

845@132 | Wilks 429.55
    Meet lifts : Squat 275 | Bench 170 | Dead 400

Journal : http://tinyurl.com/80s-lifting-journal

mom to 3 boys / spend my life at grocery store crew

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sorry I haven't been able to respond, so much going on on the holidays (week off and big chore list).

OK first things first.

RFL... If that's the route you want to go.... now would be the time, as the group support really helps (but don't begin it until the comp). Your macros are fine for the task, and your intake is appropriate. However, I would recommend at LEAST a bi weekly refeed, with the option of every week as needed.

Programming... 2 or 3 times a week is perfect for frequency. Three times a week is fine as well, as you would just keep the same volume regardless of frequency. Just keep your main lifts in. Remove all "fun stuff" and "extras" and keep only the accessories you think are important. No set should exceed 5 reps and no exercise 3 working sets. Short... heavy... straight to the point.

Epheda. You won't really adapt until the end of the 12 weeks and should be able to use straight throughout the comp. If you do not know your tolerance, test with half a dose (12.5 mg). If you do know your tolerance, begin a single dose a day. Stay with that as long as it is effective, increasing to two dose a day as needed. Don't go over that. Do not begin until you start rfl (same day as comp).

Supplements? Protein is obvious. Some find BCAA's useful on low calories for recovery. EFA's and a multivitamin will be extremely important, especially on such a low fat intake.

For those who are concerned. Yes... It is an extreme diet, very extreme, and very mentally challenging, but it is safe as long as she follows the RFL guidelines. Geek, I highly suggest you send birdie a message if you have any questions or want insight. She's awesome and would be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Geek, sorry can't respond to everything as I'm running around but what works/worked for my wife and I for the first few weeks of my/her diet was a product called Super HD by Cellucor. I'm not a supp guy at all but this stuff was great as an appetite suppressant. I just asked my wife what she thought of it and she said it took the edge of for her during her diet. Anyways thought I'd share real quick...now off to peel 40lb of potatoes.....
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ Don't care what you do crew.

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

G-dog!!! OMG OMG, I love you girl, thank you soooooo much for the Christmas gift!!! Ahem, let me stop dancing for a minute lulz... Geek is the coolest, most thoughtful person ever and sent me 3 big bags of my beloved Chicken and Waffles potato chips! And I did wait to open the magical package of peace like you told me, man that was hard to wait haha. G that's like the best present anyone could get me, srs. Thank you, thank you, thank you! May your Christmas be merry and bright and delicious!
    Current PRs:

beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    MERRY CHRISTMAS GEEK

Bad Santa took his time letting me know you moved to OV35
    In on page 2.
    "Ego kills spirit. Find confidence in your own progress not in comparison to others." - me waking up 11/21/15

"It does not have to be a perfect workout; just be consistent" - my obi-wan

On my way to new levels in 2017
    347 / 209 / DL 408 / 964.5 / Wilks 429.013

"Stay humble" - B*itch that lifts > me

Merry Christmas, Geek.
    Starting from scratch.

1st order of business. merry christmas and happy new years to all of you. you are forever on my nice list for just hanging out in my journal sometimes. i appreciate it muchly.

Merry Christmas, Geek.
    Originally Posted by beatha View Post
    MERRY CHRISTMAS GEEK :-D

Bad Santa took his time letting me know you moved to OV35 :-p
    In on page 2.

G-dog!!! OMG OMG, I love you girl, thank you soooooo much for the Christmas gift!!! :-D :-D Ahem, let me stop dancing for a minute lulz... Geek is the coolest, most thoughtful person ever and sent me 3 big bags of my beloved Chicken and Waffles potato chips! And I did wait to open the magical package of peace like you told me, man that was hard to wait haha. G that's like the best present anyone could get me, srs. Thank you, thank you, thank you! May your Christmas be merry and bright and delicious!
    y'all are awesome, and hobbes, you deserve so much more. <3

Originally Posted by Jtbny View Post
    Geek, sorry can't respond to everything as I'm running around but what works/worked for my wife and I for the first few weeks of my/her diet was a product called Super HD by Cellucor. I'm not a supp guy at all but this stuff was great as an appetite suppressant. I just asked my wife what she thought of it and she said it took the edge of for her during her diet. Anyways thought I'd share real quick...now off to peel 40lb of potatoes.....
    that is going on my list of things to try if my current plan fails. thank you!

Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post
    Sorry I haven't been able to respond, so much going on on the holidays (week off and big chore list).

OK first things first.

RFL... If that's the route you want to go.... now would be the time, as the group support really helps (but don't begin it until the comp). Your macros are fine for the task, and your intake is appropriate. However, I would recommend at LEAST a bi weekly refeed, with the option of every week as needed.

Programming... 2 or 3 times a week is perfect for frequency. Three times a week is fine as well, as you would just keep the same volume regardless of frequency. Just keep your main lifts in. Remove all "fun stuff" and "extras" and keep only the accessories you think are important. No set should exceed 5 reps and no exercise 3 working sets. Short... heavy... straight to the point.

Epheda. You won't really adapt until the end of the 12 weeks and should be able to use straight throughout the comp. If you do not know your tolerance, test with half a dose (12.5 mg). If you do know your tolerance, begin a single dose a day. Stay with that as long as it is effective, increasing to two dose a day as needed. Don't go over that. Do not begin until you start rfl (same day as comp).

Supplements? Protein is obvious. Some find BCAA's useful on low calories for recovery. EFA's and a multivitamin will be extremely important, especially on such a low fat intake.

For those who are concerned. Yes... It is an extreme diet, very extreme, and very mentally challenging, but it is safe as long as she follows the RFL guidelines. Geek, I highly suggest you send birdie a message if you have any questions or want insight. She's awesome and would be happy to answer any questions you may have.

all i have been doing this week is think about accomplishing this. i have been imagining it in my mind and i am going to continue to do so, until the start day of the transformation contest. speaking of which, i need to officially sign up, and take my pictures and measurements for that thing.

holidays are over, thank god. no more days off from daycare. i was able to get in the gym today and feel more like my old self.

I like acc's accessory selections, ESP the walkouts. Front squat holds are amazing for core. As for the bench, I'd also vote lats + double / triple pauses as potential options for more confidence coming off the chest. Would need to see your dead to give a decent rx

your numbers are always amazing esp with the kinds of calorie deficits you run.

Happy birthday to your son!
    i am going to video my squats. they were **** today, so i definitely need to do this. and i would love your eye on them. thank you for the offer.

Originally Posted by kmac1196 View Post
    Geek I actually think those numbers are doable. For some reason when I lowered my fat I was able to stick to lower cals. Protein and carbs don't seem to change adherence but the fat did for me. Which is opposite from what everyone says....that fat is satiating. I was miserable. This go I'm able to stay at 1200-1400 easily. I've had a day here and there at 1800 ish but no problem getting back. Give it a try. Reasses from there. I'll be here if you need anything!

Hurry up! You have to catch up to me!
    thanks kristen! i dont know if ill ever catch up to you, but i will be hot on the trail, for sure.

Originally Posted by doughnutgut View Post
    It aint gonna hurt.. So why not.. Get them down ya.
    im going to do fish oil, even though its eats up some of my calories. vitamins, too. take all precautions.

It does seem pretty drastic cal and fat wise, then again I'm sitting here dunking potato chips in my soup so I may not be the best judge of that kind of thing. Best of luck to you nonetheless.
    homersimpsondrool.jpg

Just to throw my two cents in on the diet, I'd say for even for a PSMF that's a tad low calories and fat wise. Granted, women store fat a bit more than men, therefor you may be able to get away with consuming less, but just thinking about it from a biological standpoint, that seems pretty steep even for a fast. Of course, I could be 100% wrong. If anyone says otherwise, I'd probably listen to them.

Good luck, geek.
    we will see how it all plays out.

workout and notes and thoughts comin up!

back at it.

next week i will get back on 351. today i just wanted to go in and get squats and benchin under my belt. my squats have taken a serious tumble downhill since ive been fartin around so much. i really havent been serious since october! UGH.

SQUATZ
    barx5
    95x5
    115x5
    135x5 (last two i felt a dip)
    155x5 (whoa. hard. last 3 were forward leans)

BENCH
    barx10
    barx10
    65x5
    85x5
    95x5
    95x5
    95x5
    95x5
    95x5

DB ROWS
    30x10
    35x10
    40x8
    45x5
    50x5

GOOD MORNINGS
    95x5
    115x5

GOOD MORNING SQUATS WITH 3 BEAT PAUSE
    95x5
    95x5
    95x5
    95x5
    95x5

I am definitely weaker. But I also have faith that it will come back quick.

DIET
    frickin holidays. i thought i could just breeze through, but i really haven't. it's over and i am clamping down again. if i can do 4 days in a row then i will know i can do more. i haven't done more than one day in a row of 1750 or under in i don't know how long.

my weight has stayed stable, which is astounding. definitely thankful for that.

ok, gotta motor. lots of housework to do. <3

Solid comeback session Geek.

Indeed the weight will feel heavier. No doubt though that VERY soon the weight will get back to feeling like it was before and your strngth will fly back up. Still solid though. no doubt about that.

Good to hear the weight did not go potato. It was, after all the holidayz. You done well. Now to smash it.

Welcome back young lady.

doughnutgut, you're so sweet. thanks for the support.

ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Good job getting your squat and bench reps in and tuning into what is going on in your technique. Everyone goes a little off with the diet for the holidays, no biggie. We've seen you manage steep deficits while gaining strength, no doubt you'll hop right back and pick up where you left off
    CSCS

845@132 | Wilks 429.55
    Meet lifts : Squat 275 | Bench 170 | Dead 400

Journal : http://tinyurl.com/80s-lifting-journal

mom to 3 boys / spend my life at grocery store crew

The Flanimal project Flounderbout's Avatar
    Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    next week i will get back on 351. today i just wanted to go in and get squats and benchin under my belt. my squats have taken a serious tumble downhill since ive been fartin around so much. i really havent been serious since october! UGH.

SQUATZ
    barx5
    95x5
    115x5
    135x5 (last two i felt a dip)
    155x5 (whoa. hard. last 3 were forward leans)

BENCH
    barx10
    barx10
    65x5
    85x5
    95x5
    95x5
    95x5
    95x5
    95x5

DB ROWS
    30x10
    35x10
    40x8
    45x5
    50x5

GOOD MORNINGS
    95x5
    115x5

GOOD MORNING SQUATS WITH 3 BEAT PAUSE
    95x5
    95x5
    95x5
    95x5
    95x5

I am definitely weaker. But I also have faith that it will come back quick.
    This is a weak day? For real? Hell it puts some of the menfolk around here to shame. Whole lotta volume and some heavy iron shifted. Looking forward to seeing what you have got on a strong day (well actually I am rather afraid, since my efforts may look rather pathetic by comparison). Nice work Geek!
    ☻/
    /▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
    / \

"Stay tight and don't be a pussy" Eric
    "Get out of your head, you've got this" Jedi Spotter

EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Nice way to comeback into it geek. You will quickly regain the strength and stamina you left before the holidays, and you aren't alone there. All my lifts this week have felt much heavier than before. Hopefully all of us can get back in the groove of things now that the holidays are behind us.
    Eric

PR's
    squat 335x1
    benchpress 245x1
    DB Benchpress 100'sx6
    Bent over rows 245x8
    deadlifts 445x1
    Military press 130x6
    Chin-ups BW+100x2
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144259741 My workout journal

Weak? Not at all geek. Lots of volume and hard work.
    Starting from scratch.

Damn woman, that is some fine lifting for a "weak day," I came back only doing squats up to like 115 lol! Good bp and rows too, I bet after another workout or two you'll feel right back in the swing of things.
    Current PRs:

Good job getting your squat and bench reps in and tuning into what is going on in your technique. Everyone goes a little off with the diet for the holidays, no biggie. We've seen you manage steep deficits while gaining strength, no doubt you'll hop right back and pick up where you left off
    thanks, 80's, for you believing in me! i am going to be working hard from here on out to maintain my strength and lose some of this fat.

just reading your log helps me pay more attention to my lifts. you really have a great resource for other people there. i hope you get lots out of it, too. when norwichgrad left, he left a big hole. i should have told him more how much i appreciated all of what he did.

Originally Posted by Flounderbout View Post
    This is a weak day? For real? Hell it puts some of the menfolk around here to shame. Whole lotta volume and some heavy iron shifted. Looking forward to seeing what you have got on a strong day (well actually I am rather afraid, since my efforts may look rather pathetic by comparison). Nice work Geek!
    haha! i am trying. i took a peek at your log and those numbers aint shabby!! i'm probably going to at least lurk in there. 531 is so great.

Originally Posted by EB68 View Post
    Nice way to comeback into it geek. You will quickly regain the strength and stamina you left before the holidays, and you aren't alone there. All my lifts this week have felt much heavier than before. Hopefully all of us can get back in the groove of things now that the holidays are behind us.
    yes! gotta get back in the grind. are you paying for it like i am? OUCH!

Weak? Not at all geek. Lots of volume and hard work.
    <3 hey punkin pie. thanks!

Damn woman, that is some fine lifting for a "weak day," I came back only doing squats up to like 115 lol! Good bp and rows too, I bet after another workout or two you'll feel right back in the swing of things.
    lolololol the day i outlift you will be the day pigs fly.

so, guys... oh man. time off from lifting spells one thing the next day: P-A-I-N!!

i am sore like a n00b. lord, i can hardly stand up after sitting. and going up and downs stairs makes me want to cry. haha

i will do the elliptical at home over the weekend just to keep blood flowing, continue to hunker down for the diet, and monday, i resume 351. WOOT!!!