DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50)

what routines have you successfully used on a cut?

the more answers the better
    I was wondering what routines have you used successfully for your cut

was it the same exact routine (same volume intensity) you used for your bulk?
    was the same exact routine you used for your bulk but with reduced volume?
    was the same routine you used for your bulk but with exercises modification or reduction?
    was it switching from routine to another: like from SS to PHAT?

well, looking forward to your replies

Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I can certainly tell you what DIDNT work on a cut.. long time ago I tried ICF 5x5 on a cut

the volume and structure had me burnt out quick as fark! most 5x5's are merciless on a cut.. but ICF 5x5 in particular is a whore.

Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Womble619 View Post
    I can certainly tell you what DIDNT work on a cut.. long time ago I tried ICF 5x5 on a cut

the volume and structure had me burnt out quick as fark! most 5x5's are merciless on a cut.. but ICF 5x5 in particular is a whore.
    ICF 5x5 works wonders for me on a cut, I do reduce volume according to recovery rate, sometimes 3x5 sometimes 5x5. My last cut I had pretty decent strength gains during my cut.
    My story going from obese to fit while battling daily chronic headaches:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155566013&p=1104734533#post1104734533

Summer shred 2015. -final updated posted Sept. 19.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167135911

noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i'm on all pro's beginner routine while cutting. i did too good a job in getting my 10RM, and i've stopped gaining strength at cycle 3.

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've had the most success when I chose a program geared to my level of training experience rather than cutting or bulking. Any program will probably need adjustments to the overall volume when cutting, and it's eariser to do that with some than others.

When someone develops a routine for mass consumption, like ICF, I think there's a strong bias towards putting it together in a way that people want to see, rather than what they actually need. Most beginnners expect to see lots and lots of different exercises, and will pass up a program that doesn't deliver on that.

TotalReduction is on a distinguished road. (+10) TotalReduction is on a distinguished road. (+10) TotalReduction is on a distinguished road. (+10) TotalReduction is on a distinguished road. (+10) TotalReduction is on a distinguished road. (+10) TotalReduction is on a distinguished road. (+10) TotalReduction is on a distinguished road. (+10) TotalReduction is on a distinguished road. (+10) TotalReduction is on a distinguished road. (+10) TotalReduction is on a distinguished road. (+10) TotalReduction is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Edit: Duplicate post
    [Death of a Fatty]:
    Oct 1, 2012 -> September 1, 2014: 263 lbs -> 158 lbs.
    September 2014 -> Present: 189 lbs

[Current Lifts]
    Bench: 225x1
    Incline: 210x1
    Squat: 305x1
    Deadlift: 410x1

TotalReduction is on a distinguished road. (+10) TotalReduction is on a distinguished road. (+10) TotalReduction is on a distinguished road. (+10) TotalReduction is on a distinguished road. (+10) TotalReduction is on a distinguished road. (+10) TotalReduction is on a distinguished road. (+10) TotalReduction is on a distinguished road. (+10) TotalReduction is on a distinguished road. (+10) TotalReduction is on a distinguished road. (+10) TotalReduction is on a distinguished road. (+10) TotalReduction is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Starting Strength has worked out very well for me. It focuses on a few select exercises, but they are compound movements and engage most of your body when done properly. I adjust my volume and intensity depending on how I feel, I can go through waves where I feel really weak and cant hit my sets and then my strength comes right back. So far its worked very well for maintaining my strength and (hopefully) muscle mass while I've been dropping weight.
    [Death of a Fatty]:
    Oct 1, 2012 -> September 1, 2014: 263 lbs -> 158 lbs.
    September 2014 -> Present: 189 lbs

[Current Lifts]
    Bench: 225x1
    Incline: 210x1
    Squat: 305x1
    Deadlift: 410x1

DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Am I right thinking that the more weight you have to lose, the easier you can maintain strength while not tweaking the volume of your routine too much? I'd guess someone for example trying to lose from 13% bodyfat to 9% bodyfat would have to massively cut the volume of its workout in order not to drive himself to the ground

emberofsouls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Lifting Hard and heavy is the only way to go comprising each workout around a core compound movement

Combined that with low calories and this split

Chest/tris
    Back/Bis
    Off
    Legs/calves
    Shoulders/forarms
    Off
    then repeat.

Essentially this is a 5 day split however each muscle group gets trained once every 6 days.

Never really had a need for cardio either except for a brief warm up jog before each session ( usually only like 500m-1km jog on the treadmill )

Ocassionaly id throw in cardio here and there but it wasnt neccesary as it was more a boredom factor..

Id also note that Abdominals where worked every other day alternating exercises from either upper/lower/obliques... etc..

Basically meals consisted of chicken breast, coconut oil for cooking, quinoa and vegetables adjusting the ratio if quinoa depending on carb requirements.