istocknugz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) istocknugz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) istocknugz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) istocknugz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) istocknugz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) istocknugz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) istocknugz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) istocknugz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) istocknugz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) istocknugz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) istocknugz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Question Hooked on the "runner's high"

Not to be redundant. But this is for my own personal interest. I love to run. No more than 3 miles a day, and I jog at about a 7:00 min/mile or a little faster.
    I realize that this type of cardio is NOT ideal for burning fat,and I'm certain that my metabolism/body has adapted to it. I also fear that I'm burning off my hard-earned muscle.
    So how can you help me ?
    Give me advice.
    How do you guys stay "sane" on your rest days and/or what do you do to mix it up on cardio. (Ex. Specific HIIT workouts that you enjoy/recommend, yoga,swimming).
    Thanks in advance.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Not sure what you are expecting people to say... it's not going to hurt you if you eat enough to make gains from your weights and compensate for the calories burned.

Perhaps lift everyday and become addicted to that instead (like wot I am)

metalmancpa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalmancpa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalmancpa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalmancpa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalmancpa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalmancpa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalmancpa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalmancpa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalmancpa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalmancpa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalmancpa has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by istocknugz View Post
    Not to be redundant. But this is for my own personal interest. I love to run. No more than 3 miles a day, and I jog at about a 7:00 min/mile or a little faster.
    I realize that this type of cardio is NOT ideal for burning fat,and I'm certain that my metabolism/body has adapted to it. I also fear that I'm burning off my hard-earned muscle.
    So how can you help me ?
    Give me advice.
    How do you guys stay "sane" on your rest days and/or what do you do to mix it up on cardio. (Ex. Specific HIIT workouts that you enjoy/recommend, yoga,swimming).
    Thanks in advance.
    Funny - you call a "jog" 7-minute miles.

It's either eat more to compensate, or just give up most of the cardio to mass gain.

It all comes down to your goals. If you love running so much and can't give it up, it will probably take you longer to gain mass (assuming you have a goal in mind). It's all about choices. I love cardio - spinning is my favorite. Haven't done much in the last 5 weeks because I am focusing on gaining some muscle. I miss it, but since my goal is to add muscle, something's got to give, and cardio was the choice.

istocknugz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) istocknugz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) istocknugz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) istocknugz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) istocknugz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) istocknugz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) istocknugz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) istocknugz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) istocknugz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) istocknugz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) istocknugz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Appreciate that. Yeah I meant to mention that I also lift 6-7 days a week. And I struggle to take an off day front that as well. I'm not big on the spinning, but I after with what you said about having goals and sticking to them.
    I want to really just stay clean. I don't have a large frame at 5'4" 155 but I used to be fat & I've never actually had a ripped abdominal area.
    My diet is solid overall. I do 40/30/30 Protein/carbs/fat. I may need to incorporate more carbs but I'm very starch sensitive (I put on body fat very easily despite the calories in vs. calories out approach).

Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
    Funny - you call a "jog" 7-minute miles.

It's either eat more to compensate, or just give up most of the cardio to mass gain.

It all comes down to your goals. If you love running so much and can't give it up, it will probably take you longer to gain mass (assuming you have a goal in mind). It's all about choices. I love cardio - spinning is my favorite. Haven't done much in the last 5 weeks because I am focusing on gaining some muscle. I miss it, but since my goal is to add muscle, something's got to give, and cardio was the choice.

metalmancpa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalmancpa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalmancpa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalmancpa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalmancpa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalmancpa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalmancpa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalmancpa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalmancpa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalmancpa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) metalmancpa has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by istocknugz View Post
    Appreciate that. Yeah I meant to mention that I also lift 6-7 days a week. And I struggle to take an off day front that as well. I'm not big on the spinning, but I after with what you said about having goals and sticking to them.
    I want to really just stay clean. I don't have a large frame at 5'4" 155 but I used to be fat & I've never actually had a ripped abdominal area.
    My diet is solid overall. I do 40/30/30 Protein/carbs/fat. I may need to incorporate more carbs but I'm very starch sensitive (I put on body fat very easily despite the calories in vs. calories out approach).
    It sounds like you care less about mass gaining and more about lean gaining. In that case, you should calculate your daily maintenance, and then try your best to add calories that you burn to stay around maintenance. If you're eating healthier choices as it appears you are, I think your macro balance is ok (obviously not geared for mass gaining). I would just try to push as many carbs as you can to the pre/post workout window to maximize your body's ability to use them for fuel/recovery.