Thread: Protein timing

chrisfriend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisfriend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisfriend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisfriend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisfriend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisfriend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisfriend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisfriend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisfriend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisfriend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisfriend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Protein timing

I have been having protein shake about 30 mins before and after the gym. I am in the gym for around 30 minutes, so I am having 2 protein shakes in the space of 90 minutes.........................is that too soon?

I go to the gym every other day and have protein supplement only on gym days. I need to stick to an average 1 shake a day, due to the cost. Am I worrying too much? On my supplement I am doing what the container says.

imJB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) imJB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) imJB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) imJB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) imJB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) imJB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) imJB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) imJB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) imJB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) imJB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) imJB is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    timing doesnt matter, u can have it when u want if it fits your macros
    If you feel like chit, everyone you hate wins.

This is your life and its ending one minute at a time

★★★ I was part of the Ultra 2014 Thread Crew ★★★

bambam601 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bambam601 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bambam601 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bambam601 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bambam601 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bambam601 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bambam601 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bambam601 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bambam601 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bambam601 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bambam601 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by chrisfriend View Post
    Am I worrying too much?
    yes.

you dont need protein shakes before and after the gym (or even at all for that matter).
    but if its convenient and easier for you to get protein by supplementing with that, then go for it.
    but the before and after gym thing is not necessary.
    Iron & Ice Cream.

Stop Bitchin.

Shred.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What do you do in 30 min?

HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000) HealingHands8 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by imJB View Post
    timing doesnt matter
    Hello parrot.

rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have been having protein shake about 30 mins before and after the gym. I am in the gym for around 30 minutes, so I am having 2 protein shakes in the space of 90 minutes.........................is that too soon?

I go to the gym every other day and have protein supplement only on gym days. I need to stick to an average 1 shake a day, due to the cost. Am I worrying too much? On my supplement I am doing what the container says.
    Please read:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=123915821

chrisfriend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisfriend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisfriend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisfriend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisfriend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisfriend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisfriend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisfriend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisfriend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisfriend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisfriend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok, thanks for the help everyone :-);

Think i will carry on with what i am doing for now :-);

Have a good work-out today everyone :-)

isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think you guys scared him off.

DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatMurse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Where do we draw the line though? I was just wondering cause of this 5:2 diet crap and how much LBM retention do they really have
    From Houston, now I am in San Diego

Registered Nurse? Or work in the healthcare? Come join
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147557373
    -=Degenerative Disc Disease Crew=-
    -=Torn Pec Crew=-

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by imJB View Post
    timing doesnt matter, u can have it when u want if it fits your macros
    no.
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

Alcatraz84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alcatraz84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alcatraz84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alcatraz84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alcatraz84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alcatraz84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alcatraz84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alcatraz84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alcatraz84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alcatraz84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alcatraz84 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    These threads always make me laugh...

"Guyz can you answer my question please"
    *bunch of correct answers *
    "Ooh...they're not the answers I wanted to hear...nevermind...cya!"

:P
    U m8 wot?

MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Alcatraz84 View Post
    These threads always make me laugh...

"Guyz can you answer my question please"
    *bunch of correct answers *
    "Ooh...they're not the answers I wanted to hear...nevermind...cya!"

:P
    Or worse, they latch onto that ONE BRO who gives them the bro-ey-est advice possible, even when there are 20 other people there telling him the opposite and telling him the bro is wrong.

Originally Posted by MetilHed View Post
    Or worse, they latch onto that ONE BRO who gives them the bro-ey-est advice possible, even when there are 20 other people there telling him the opposite and telling him the bro is wrong.
    seen this pleeeeenty of times
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

Alcatraz84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alcatraz84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alcatraz84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alcatraz84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alcatraz84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alcatraz84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alcatraz84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alcatraz84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alcatraz84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alcatraz84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alcatraz84 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MetilHed View Post
    It seems if an answer/concept is simple, it can't possibly be right... so they gravitate towards the most complicated (and bro-iest) answer given.
    U m8 wot?

I guess there a lot of different opinions to confuse a newbie :-), but if I trained well, diet well and rest well................if I don't get the timings right.............I still got 3 out of 4 right? :-);

Maybe I am not too deep into all this yet.....................but people started saying 'you are getting obsessed with diet/weights/sleeping' etc....................I guess that's a good thing though.

But could you imagine the response I get for protein timing when I cant go to the shops coz I NEED my protein shake and I cannot protein time when at work............I would get the sack lol.

Maybe protein timing is important and maybe its not, but all I know is that I have changed my life SO MUCH of late and it seems to have changed my lifestyle completely WITHOUT the timings.

ATM I am seeing improvements in the gym and if I am getting stronger.................maybe I shouldn't change something? Esp when others moan at me for getting into all this stuff ;-). I feel very positive atm. I am starting to think that maybe there is more then one right answer on things? A lot of variables when doing these things?

Lets be positive now :-), im next in the gym on sunday.................cannot wait :-). Hope everyone is reaching their goals :-)

There are plenty of opinions floating around, but this is a fact: you do not need protein shakes if you eat enough food, they offer no benefits over food, and the time(s) that you consume them will have no direct affect on your progress or results.

Timing will make a difference depending on your personal preferences e.g. some people (myself included) prefer to train on an empty stomach, others prefer to eat beforehand - this is the way in which timing of food (and remember, a protein shake is just food, similar to a milkshake) can have an indirect affect on your results.

In general, your best option is to eat foods that you enjoy (if this includes drinking milkshakes/protein shakes instead of "regular" food, by all means drink them), and eat them when it is most convenient for you.

I guess there a lot of different opinions to confuse a newbie :-), but if I trained well, diet well and rest well................if I don't get the timings right.............I still got 3 out of 4 right? :-);

Maybe I am not too deep into all this yet.....................but people started saying 'you are getting obsessed with diet/weights/sleeping' etc....................I guess that's a good thing though.

But could you imagine the response I get for protein timing when I cant go to the shops coz I NEED my protein shake and I cannot protein time when at work............I would get the sack lol.

Maybe protein timing is important and maybe its not, but all I know is that I have changed my life SO MUCH of late and it seems to have changed my lifestyle completely WITHOUT the timings.

ATM I am seeing improvements in the gym and if I am getting stronger.................maybe I shouldn't change something? Esp when others moan at me for getting into all this stuff ;-). I feel very positive atm. I am starting to think that maybe there is more then one right answer on things? A lot of variables when doing these things?

Lets be positive now :-), im next in the gym on sunday.................cannot wait :-). Hope everyone is reaching their goals :-)
    U m8 wot?