Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Results: Slight decline press (3 decrees).

I found this link when I was looking to found flat vs adjustable bech:
    http://www.t-nation.com/strength-training-topics/2257
    It's talking about the possibility to do an slight decline press(3 decrees) to reduce shoulder stress and better chest builder.
    I didn't try yet but I could be something to consider if some stress goes to your shoulder.
    How many did you try this?.
    Did you get better results?.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Iceway View Post
    I found this link when I was looking to found flat vs adjustable bech:
    http://www.t-nation.com/strength-training-topics/2257
    It's talking about the possibility to do an slight decline press(3 decrees) to reduce shoulder stress and better chest builder.
    I didn't try yet but I could be something to consider if some stress goes to your shoulder.
    How many did you try this?.
    Did you get better results?.

I don't put much creedence in a couple of degrees' difference in bench angle making any discernible change in building muscle, but it might make a big difference in shoulder joint function. IOW, if you experience joint pain from, say, pressing on a flat bench, changing the angle of force just a little might make the exercise completely tolerable.

Certainly worth a try from that standpoint.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000)
    Or you can use the safe benching technique described in Starting Strength. The bigger the arch the more like a decline it feels. A 3 degree decline seems attainable by arching harder.

My gym has uneven floors, so I'm sure I've done 3 degree inclines and declines with dumbbells. Do they build more muscle? It depends on your form. The more you arch and decline the more you can lift. So that builds more muscle in the same area, until your arch or angle goes over 10 degrees.
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #24 -!!!---!!!-

Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Detrus View Post
    Or you can use the safe benching technique described in Starting Strength. The bigger the arch the more like a decline it feels. A 3 degree decline seems attainable by arching harder.

My gym has uneven floors, so I'm sure I've done 3 degree inclines and declines with dumbbells. Do they build more muscle? It depends on your form. The more you arch and decline the more you can lift. So that builds more muscle in the same area, until your arch or angle goes over 10 degrees.
    It sounds good.

Thanks

m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m6305 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I use Swiss bar for bench press, no shoulder problems since.

TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    inn for what benches to use that Decline 3 inches

BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BloodType3R has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Detrus View Post

Hey breh, strong broscience, brah.
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] Equipment Crew #57 [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]

[]──[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #26 []──[]

❍--❍ York Barbell Club #34 ❍--❍

☆☆☆ That On3 Cr3w That Has Too Much Pow3r Cr3w ☆☆☆

Dinerobill will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dinerobill will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dinerobill will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dinerobill will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dinerobill will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dinerobill will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dinerobill will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dinerobill will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dinerobill will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dinerobill will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dinerobill will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I tried this slight decline once, using the Ironmaster Super Bench and dumbbells. Instead of placing a plate under one edge of the bench, I just used the Super Bench's adjustment. Everything seemed comfortable enough, or at least no more uncomfortable. I plan to continue doing this for a while and give it a fair test.
    By God's grace, through faith I am saved.

Please support our wounded warriors.

Bill

PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I tend to have shoulder discomfort after doing flat bench press, so when I saw a post about this I began incorporating the slight decline into my routine. I have a flat Deltech utility bench and I have been putting a 35 lb plate under the leg at the end of the bench away from my head to create the slight decline. So far it has been really good. The motion feels more similar to a regular bench press than it does to the "normal" decline bench press. However, I do notice that there is less pressure on my shoulder. Usually I feel a lot of soreness in my shoulders the day after a heavy bench day, but for the past several weeks with the slight decline I haven't felt it. My shoulders have felt great. Take it for what it's worth...it is a very short time period and a very small sample (a handful of workouts) but so far I'm a fan and I plan to continue it for a while.