Registered User BoaAndPythonGal's Avatar
    BoaAndPythonGal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BoaAndPythonGal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BoaAndPythonGal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BoaAndPythonGal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BoaAndPythonGal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BoaAndPythonGal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BoaAndPythonGal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BoaAndPythonGal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BoaAndPythonGal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BoaAndPythonGal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BoaAndPythonGal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Help? Stacked against weight loss...

I am not one that asks for help all too often, but I need advice from folks that may have already been there and done that. I am not going to go into too much detail, but within the last year (or just over) a bunch of changes and issues have cropped up. The only way I was able to lose the weight I had packed on was restrict myself to 500 calories a day, work out 6 days on 3 days off (minimum 1 hour), and be on perscription meds (phentermine, high dose). I am not one thats been able to become addicted to working out - I am built like a pitbull not a greyhound and did not really enjoy the act of working out.

I am now having issues with my arm (no official diagnosis yet) and have been trying to work around an increasing thyroid problem (its getting bigger, but bloodwork still shows low normal).... I hate to admit it out loud, or even to a forum full of strangers I may never have the pleasure of meeting, but I have gained a lot of the weight back I had lost.

Has anyone out there faced this sort of thing? And if so what helped? Any sort of supplements? A particular food that one cut out or added? Anything?

BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000)
    You should really get your medical problems dealt with first. If your PC does not find an issue then you will eventually lose weight like anyone else- by eating less than you burn. Take a look at this thread:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703921

You should be able to figure out where you should be calorie wise. The key is staying consistent and tracking your daily calorie intake properly. Everything must be weighed and measured in grams. Everything.
    AFAA- CPT

"Make up your mind that, at least for the first year or two, you're not going to worry about body fat levels if you're already lean, because lean is easier to reacquire than strong is to build" (Rippetoe 310).

ASKHOLE: A person who constantly asks for advise, yet always does the opposite of what you told them.

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    First of all, I am sure you are aware that no one should need to drop calories to 500 and go on a prescription stim to lose weight - I get that people grow desperate, but the fact of the matter is, if you haven't destroyed your metabolism from severe and chronic calorie restriction and have no medical problems, you will lose weight like everyone else.

That being said, it sounds like you might have a medical problem. What is your 'increasing thyroid problem'? Are your labs coming in at the far end of normal? Perhaps you can discuss going on thyroid meds based on your weight difficulties.

What kind of problems do you have with your arm? In what way does it hinder your workouts?

What does your calorie intake look like now? What does your exercise routine look like now? If you have continued to severely restrict calories and overdo it in the gym, it's time for a big change.

There are no supplements or foods that will help you lose weight. You may need to dial in your thyroid issues with meds, and perhaps you need to repair your metabolism. But once you are back on track with those things, you should easily lose weight at 1400+ calories per day.
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."