Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

9 months in: My progress is embarrassing

After 6 months of bulking and 3 months of cutting, my results are pretty much nonexistent. I feel like every step of the way throughout this body recomp journey I have encountered many problems and I am very frustarted and disappointed with myself.

I'll start off with some backround info about myself. I am 5'1, I am following All Pros beginner's rountine so I lift 3x per week(1 heavy day, 1 medium, 1 light), cardio and calories has varied a lot throughout this process but right now I am cutting and consistently doing 3-4 hours of low-moderate intensity per week, eating 1420calories per day, and getting 100 g of protein.

The first problem I had was not being able to gain stregth at a reasonable pace while bulking. I was eating about 110 g of protein per day and lifting consistenly but my strenght would not increase at all for 2 months. I increased my protein intake to 125 g per day and finally made some small improvement. I bulked for 6 months, gained about 12 pounds but only added about 10 pounds to all my lifts. My lifestyle was pretty active at the time (lots of fitness classes on top of lifting, tons of walking every day) so maybe this hampered my muscle building?

Starting stats (2 sets of 8 each):
    Squat: 55 pounds
    Bench: 45
    Bent over barbell row: 30
    Bicep curl: 20

My stats now:
    Squat: 65 pounds
    Bench: 55
    Bend over row: 40
    Bicep curl: 28
    (Sampling of some of the exercises I do)

I will admit that I didn't follow my lifting program to a T. I didn't really undertand the point of medium and light days so most of the time I just did heavy days. I will not be making the same mistake again. Even so, I feel like this is pathetic for 6 months of lifting weights.

Right now I am cutting and although I havn't lost really any strength in the gym, I do not think my appearence is improving. As you can see in the pictures below, I look pretty much the same in each photograph. Yea there are subtle improvements that you probably can't see in pictures but overall my progress has been really bad.

I really just feel like a complete failure. I put so much effort and time into my goal of improving myself and I am not reaping any benefits. I weight, measure, count every calorie that enters my mouth, I spend hours each weeks working out, and my body doesn't want to change. Its gotten to the point where I am very depressed about all of this. I feel like there is something wrong with me. I started this process to help improve my self image and confidence and now I feel less confident than ever.

Progress(or lack of) pics:
    November 30, 2012: 98 pounds after losing 10 pounds, before I started lifting

About a month and a half ago: 106 pounds, after 6 months of bulking, 1 month of cutting

Last week: 102 pounds

Am I doing something wrong? Do my genetics just completely suck? What are some realistic expectations that I should have about how long it takes to gain strength, get that cut/lean look, ect?

Thanks for reading.

Location: Santo Domingo, Distrito Nacional, Dominican Republic
    LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Seems you are really focus on your goals and you are trying very hard to reach them, you say you count everything and i guess you do, but maybe there is something missing, whats your age, i just want to check your TDEE.

Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by LordWolF View Post
    Seems you are really focus on your goals and you are trying very hard to reach them, you say you count everything and i guess you do, but maybe there is something missing, whats your age, i just want to check your TDEE.
    21. I have lost 6-7 pounds on this cut so far so I am in a deficit. I would like to be losing weight at a faster rate though.

diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Seems calories for your weight may be too high?
    **CAN Army Veteran**
    TF 3-09 Roto 8

srilling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srilling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srilling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srilling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srilling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srilling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srilling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srilling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srilling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srilling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srilling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Assuming you had your calorie requirements right, did you really count and weigh absolutely everything??

wolfdogg is on a distinguished road. (+10) wolfdogg is on a distinguished road. (+10) wolfdogg is on a distinguished road. (+10) wolfdogg is on a distinguished road. (+10) wolfdogg is on a distinguished road. (+10) wolfdogg is on a distinguished road. (+10) wolfdogg is on a distinguished road. (+10) wolfdogg is on a distinguished road. (+10) wolfdogg is on a distinguished road. (+10) wolfdogg is on a distinguished road. (+10) wolfdogg is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by diesel_3 View Post
    This. 98 lbs and eating over 1400 is probably simply too high on a cut. Sounds closer to maintenance.

Don't be so hard on yourself.. you're very close and you've got a great base. Just need to nail those calories down. Following your lifting program to the letter doesn't make a bit of difference.. just lift heavy 3 or 4 times a week. Add in some cardio if you like to eat a little more. It's all in the diet.
    "I developed little areas no one else had, but I took a long time to do it.
    If there is one thing that distinguishes me from other bodybuilders, it's that I'm not in any kind of hurry."
    ~Frank Zane

LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordWolF will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Katie4004 View Post
    21. I have lost 6-7 pounds on this cut so far so I am in a deficit. I would like to be losing weight at a faster rate though.
    Ok the numbers i pop up are
    140g Protein
    120g Carbs
    40g Fats

Total 1400

Since you are cutting you need more Protein and if you are loosing weight thats good, i guess your issue lies on the weight training i think you need to change it, thats my opinion, regarding loosing weight faster thats not a good idea the ideal is to lose 1 poun per week slower is better.

Quick question, are you reaching failure on your weight training days? are you going all out?
    Last edited by LordWolF; 08-01-2013 at 08:42 AM.

Ok the numbers i pop up are
    140g Protein
    120g Carbs
    40g Fats

Total 1400

Since you are cutting you need more Protein and if you are loosing weight thats good, i guess your issue lies on the weight training i think you need to change it, thats my opinion, regarding loosing weight faster thats not a good idea the ideal is to lose 1 poun per week slower is better.

Quick question, are you reaching failure on your weight training days? are you going all out?
    I am reaching falirue on the last rep of the last set on heavy days. What should I change about my weight training?

I am reaching falirue on the last rep of the last set on heavy days. What should I change about my weight training?
    I say go HEAVY all the days and reach failure ALWAYS not only the last REP, you need to push your body to build muscle, also you need to change your routine, your body adapts, thats why change is good. Try to see any pre made program on BB.com.

cubaboymatt1316 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cubaboymatt1316 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cubaboymatt1316 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cubaboymatt1316 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cubaboymatt1316 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cubaboymatt1316 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cubaboymatt1316 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cubaboymatt1316 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cubaboymatt1316 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cubaboymatt1316 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cubaboymatt1316 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I say go HEAVY all the days and reach failure ALWAYS not only the last REP, you need to push your body to build muscle, also you need to change your routine, your body adapts, thats why change is good. Try to see any pre made program on BB.com.
    One of the most cited and used beginner program is the one she's using (albeit incorrectly) and your advice is counter-intuitive to said program. OP should stick with AllPros, at least for a few more cycles, and follow the program exactly. Those lifts will continue going up cycle after cycle if she's doing it right.

Also, your body adapting to a routine after a few months is just broscience at its finest.

Originally Posted by cubaboymatt1316 View Post
    One of the most cited and used beginner program is the one she's using (albeit incorrectly) and your advice is counter-intuitive to said program. OP should stick with AllPros, at least for a few more cycles, and follow the program exactly. Those lifts will continue going up cycle after cycle if she's doing it right.

Also, your body adapting to a routine after a few months is just broscience at its finest.
    First of all i know the AllPros workout and i know it works pretty well, Second i guess u didn't saw the topic correct "9 months in" she has 9 month in this, she wants to see results i am not saying she wont with the AllPros workout, but something is not right. Third is not the same to do super sets and drop sets, or pyramid or DTP, than to do a simple routine over and over again with the same rep and sets, it works but that change that I'm talking about is that change in the routine. She needs to push harder to see more results.

AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000)
    First you are female and not very big, your gains are going to be small in comparison to some 16 year old male, so don't get too discouraged.

My wife is 5'7" very active, has been lifting for a couple of years and her bench is just hitting 2 35lb dumbells. Upper body strength comes slower for women. Years ago she couldn't even carry a 20lb set of "pink" weights. Your genetics fight against you for upper body strength as a woman. Odds are you could probably push yourself a bit more on the lower body stuff, but all pros (which she does and so do I) is also a bit slow on adding the weight.

I like others also think your calories are too high for your size when it comes to cutting.

I think what you need to decide is what your real goals are here. If you are trying to be a female power lifter, yes your efforts have been a failure. If you are trying to look good and be fit, then you have made progress.
    Obsession is a term the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I remember you, OP, we argued about following AP's routine correctly. When exactly did you drop the idea of having only heavy days in your training (if you have yet - I'm not clear of that from the post)?

Have you ever deloaded or taken a break from training, or just trained straight through, heavy all the time?

If possible, maybe film some of your lifts so we can see your form.

Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Your progress might not be up to your expectations, but for someone your size I don't thinks its really that bad. You've increased your 1 RM on all exercises by more than 20%.

I think you just need more time. Go back to the slow bulk of .5lbs per week and keep with the program. If if your gains are small they are still gains and you are making progress.

Originally Posted by lee__d View Post
    I remember you, OP, we argued about following AP's routine correctly. When exactly did you drop the idea of having only heavy days in your training (if you have yet - I'm not clear of that from the post)?

Have you ever deloaded or taken a break from training, or just trained straight through, heavy all the time?

If possible, maybe film some of your lifts so we can see your form.

I have been following the program correctly ever since arguing with you haha.

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I have been following the program correctly ever since arguing with you haha.
    Lol good. I agree with the guy above to keep slooooowly adding weight.

Are you progressing the weights and following the cycles AP lays out, too?

Lol good. I agree with the guy above to keep slooooowly adding weight.

Are you progressing the weights and following the cycles AP lays out, too?
    I would like to progress with the cycles but I am not able to. I go to failure on the last rep of the last set (on heavy days) and I don't have the strength to do more than I could the previous week. Since I am cutting, honestly I am happy with just maintaining the strength that I currently have.

I would like to progress with the cycles but I am not able to. I go to failure on the last rep of the last set (on heavy days) and I don't have the strength to do more than I could the previous week. Since I am cutting, honestly I am happy with just maintaining the strength that I currently have.
    You don't add weight every week though, you add it every cycle, iirc. Or are you saying you can't increase reps?

You were trying to do it like this right?:

"You will be running this program on a five week cycle as follows:
    The first week do all 4 sets for 8 reps.
    The second week do all 4 sets for 9 reps.
    The third week do all 4 sets for 10 reps.
    The fourth week do all 4 sets for 11 reps.
    The fifth week do all 4 sets for 12 reps.
    If you got all of the required reps on the fifth week then increase the weight by 10% and
    "

You don't add weight every week though, you add it every cycle, iirc. Or are you saying you can't increase reps?

You were trying to do it like this right?:

"You will be running this program on a five week cycle as follows:
    The first week do all 4 sets for 8 reps.
    The second week do all 4 sets for 9 reps.
    The third week do all 4 sets for 10 reps.
    The fourth week do all 4 sets for 11 reps.
    The fifth week do all 4 sets for 12 reps.
    If you got all of the required reps on the fifth week then increase the weight by 10% and
    "
    I am saying I can't increase reps.

devoure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    how is your rest?
    first 6-7 months of lifting i didnt take sleeping serious. sleeping 3 to 6 hours every night and waking up with an alarm clock at mornings, my lifts stalled at squat 185, bench 140, dl 235, ohp 95 even though i was gaining weight (most probably all fat). then i broke up with my gf and started sleeping at nights (i know im a retard), gained at least 30 pounds on each lift in 1.5 months. then i started sleeping less again because of uni work, and my lifts stalled again.

Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you can get reps on the early sets, but not the last that usually means you need a little more rest between sets. It may mean your workouts take longer, but that may be what it takes.

Then for advancing weight you might need smaller plates. What's the smallest plate you have? For you a 5lbs increase in squats is a 10% increase for me its a 2% increase. I workout with my 13 year old son. He is 5'3" and about 90lbs. He's lifting less than you BTW. I got micro plates so he can keep adding weight without making such large jumps. That may be something you need to do as well.

Originally Posted by devoure View Post
    how is your rest?
    first 6-7 months of lifting i didnt take sleeping serious. sleeping 3 to 6 hours every night and waking up with an alarm clock at mornings, my lifts stalled at squat 185, bench 140, dl 235, ohp 95 even though i was gaining weight (most probably all fat). then i broke up with my gf and started sleeping at nights (i know im a retard), gained at least 30 pounds on each lift in 1.5 months. then i started sleeping less again because of uni work, and my lifts stalled again.
    I get at least 8 hours per night.

Originally Posted by Mdenatale View Post
    If you can get reps on the early sets, but not the last that usually means you need a little more rest between sets. It may mean your workouts take longer, but that may be what it takes.

Then for advancing weight you might need smaller plates. What's the smallest plate you have? For you a 5lbs increase in squats is a 10% increase for me its a 2% increase. I workout with my 13 year old son. He is 5'3" and about 90lbs. He's lifting less than you BTW. I got micro plates so he can keep adding weight without making such large jumps. That may be something you need to do as well.
    This. Smaller increases might help. Are you using dumbbells? Going from a (example) 45-55lb db is a big jump percentage wise. Also say if your target is 8 reps and you only get 6, add a set for the last two reps

What's your meal timing like, eating sometime before a workout?

This. Smaller increases might help. Are you using dumbbells? Going from a (example) 45-55lb db is a big jump percentage wise. Also say if your target is 8 reps and you only get 6, add a set for the last two reps

What's your meal timing like, eating sometime before a workout?

i have been on keto throughout this cutting cycle. I just stopped keto and am going to continue cutting on a regular diet. I don't always eat before working out but I always have like 15-20 g of lean protein afterwards like chicken breast.

Olle111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Olle111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Olle111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Olle111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Olle111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Olle111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Olle111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Olle111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Olle111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Olle111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Olle111 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Doing failure on every set is not good for your muscle and may end up in injuries. Your body does not adapt to lifting weight, it is acually a good thing to stick to the same routine forever and try to increase reps/weight every training.

But yeah go heavy every training. (not heavy weight, but push your body to almost failure)

Registered User transformerchad's Avatar
    transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by diesel_3 View Post
    Can only be this

Count your calories , get in sufficient proteins , carbs and fat at a 500cal deficit then you will see solid results
    Up the protein to 1-1.5g per pound of LBM

eekLV is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) eekLV is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) eekLV is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) eekLV is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) eekLV is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) eekLV is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) eekLV is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) eekLV is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) eekLV is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) eekLV is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) eekLV is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I see no measurements in your profile ( keep track), or types of foods you are eating ( some foods are lethal to cuts), and MY cut was 1200-1800 calories and I'm a guy and MUCH taller than you, what is your carb count? fat count (only olive oil, grape seed oil, flax seeds, almonds)? no fruit or juice on a cut, except apples and raisins are okay, no grains in your last whole meal of the day, only veggies. Your very last meal should only be nonfat cottage cheese, roughly 1/2 cup to 1 1/2 cups depending on how much you need to meet that day's nutritional requirements.

the only carbs should be sweet potatoes, squash ( worked for me, requires alot though), oats, & multigrain bread.

Personal tips I tested out and researched myself: Have about two cups of green tea with each of your first two meals. Add loads of cinnamon to your foods. Drink enough water throughout the day that by the END of the day your pee has gone clear at least once. Each time you go pee replace with 6-10 ounces of water - Helps clear out toxins, reduces water retention, all in all better for fat loss.

And another thing, one month isn't enough for a decent cut - you gotta go at least 60 days to an upward of about 90 days. Check my profile, I tracked about every single day with all sorts of measurements, and I got all the details there. Adjust accordingly to gender,weight,height, daily calories burned, of course.

i have been on keto throughout this cutting cycle. I just stopped keto and am going to continue cutting on a regular diet. I don't always eat before working out but I always have like 15-20 g of lean protein afterwards like chicken breast.
    I highly recommend against keto for most active people. When you try to increase your strength again I would def stay on a more regular diet (as you say you are). I would even consider carb cycling since your overall calories are so low (more carbs on WO days, mostly before workout).

I'd personally move back close to maintenance (slightly above), look for aslowy weight gain, get on AP's and see if the higher carbs help with your strength progress.

Also, as mentioned, maybe try for slower progress when you add weight to lifts. I'd even look into caffeine pre workout.

tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by eekLV View Post
    I see no measurements in your profile ( keep track), or types of foods you are eating ( some foods are lethal to cuts), and MY cut was 1200-1800 calories and I'm a guy and MUCH taller than you, what is your carb count? fat count (only olive oil, grape seed oil, flax seeds, almonds)? no fruit or juice on a cut, except apples and raisins are okay, no grains in your last whole meal of the day, only veggies. Your very last meal should only be nonfat cottage cheese, roughly 1/2 cup to 1 1/2 cups depending on how much you need to meet that day's nutritional requirements.

the only carbs should be sweet potatoes, squash ( worked for me, requires alot though), oats, & multigrain bread.

Personal tips I tested out and researched myself: Have about two cups of green tea with each of your first two meals. Add loads of cinnamon to your foods. Drink enough water throughout the day that by the END of the day your pee has gone clear at least once. Each time you go pee replace with 6-10 ounces of water - Helps clear out toxins, reduces water retention, all in all better for fat loss.

And another thing, one month isn't enough for a decent cut - you gotta go at least 60 days to an upward of about 90 days. Check my profile, I tracked about every single day with all sorts of measurements, and I got all the details there. Adjust accordingly to gender,weight,height, daily calories burned, of course.
    WOW.
    There is so much broscience and mis information here.
    This post honestly hurts my brain.
    I think you may need to do some research about some of the information you are sharing with the OP.

FYI; I'm a 5'4 female and can happily cut on 1900cals.

carlson61 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlson61 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlson61 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlson61 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlson61 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlson61 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlson61 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlson61 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlson61 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlson61 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlson61 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Following a healthy and active lifestyle never amounts to zero progress. My fiance struggles with her weight loss goals and granted there are a handful of tweaks I always try to get her to follow - she works her tail off for small gains. However, that's only on the surface. I'm not naive to suggest one of the most obvious reasons for following this lifestyle is appearance change (or performance), however the positive effects you've made internally should never be discredited. With blood pressure, diabetes, cholesterol, joints/bone/muscle strength, and overall organ health; you've done nothing but make great healthy strides to a longer and better life.

Silver lining attitude? Maybe. But regardless, don't overlook what you HAVE done. Seriously. I give you crazy props for not giving up and keep pushing ahead! Most people would have quit by now and chalked it up to bad genetics or some other excuse.

Low carb worked for me. Perhaps you should consider that? I recently followed the Short Cut to Shred program and had great results. He breaks down nutrition and why it works, and the idea of doing HIIT cardio between lifting sets is awesome. I have a busted knee, so I had to modify the program to fit my profile, but regardless I still got results. It isnt always about total amounts (i.e. amount of calories, amount of sets/weight etc) but what those amounts are made of. 100 reps of 50 sets of 2 is waaaaay different than 2 sets of 50. Same with nutritional make-up. Your heading in the right direction!
    Last edited by carlson61; 08-02-2013 at 07:26 AM. Reason: spelling!
    "Fitness is a journey not a destination"