AsadMoeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Whey Protein Shake Timing

Hello.

I'm new to taking protein shakes. I just tried my first protein shake today, "Whey Protein Gold Standard (24G)" and I think it tastes great.

- I am a bit lean and tall (6'1 and 147lb)
    - Where I want to gain muscle mass, some overall body mass addition wouldn't hurt me

Now there are a few things I want to know:

I'm currently using a single scoop of protein shake with 500ml of milk. I plan to take it every 5 days a week after my workout. Now some guys say that milk makes the protein digest slowly and it's best to use it with water for better results. I wouldn't mind the digestion being slow as long as it goes into the muscle, so what's best for me because I really need some extra mass?

DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The absorption of the protein won't matter much, so you're fine taking it with milk for extra calories/protein if you want. Get diet in check if you haven't, track calories/macros for your goals etc. since that will be more important for progress, nutrition section stickies have all the info.

_Translucency is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) _Translucency is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) _Translucency is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) _Translucency is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) _Translucency is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) _Translucency is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) _Translucency is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) _Translucency is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) _Translucency is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) _Translucency is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) _Translucency is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by AsadMoeen View Post
    Hello.

I'm new to taking protein shakes. I just tried my first protein shake today, "Whey Protein Gold Standard (24G)" and I think it tastes great.

- I am a bit lean and tall (6'1 and 147lb)
    - Where I want to gain muscle mass, some overall body mass addition wouldn't hurt me

Now there are a few things I want to know:

I'm currently using a single scoop of protein shake with 500ml of milk. I plan to take it every 5 days a week after my workout. Now some guys say that milk makes the protein digest slowly and it's best to use it with water for better results. I wouldn't mind the digestion being slow as long as it goes into the muscle, so what's best for me because I really need some extra mass?
    The only manner by which to "gain mass," either quality or not, is to eat in a caloric excess. Consuming whey protein, or liquid calories, is simply a convenient manner by which to do so.

That said, nutrient timing is a myth - there is no NEED to consume a protein shake post-workout. However, if you find it convenient to do so, that is fine. What you consume it with, be it milk or water, is unimportant.
    His soul swooned slowly as he heard the snow falling faintly through the universe and faintly falling, like the descent of their last end, upon all the living and the dead.

- James Joyce

kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000) kenny85 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Protein timing is purely bro science. Hitting your macros consistently matters most. All this can be determined in the nutrition forum. Tons of great info there

usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Timing doesn't really matter much, just get your nutrition in daily, it takes a long time for things to digest and absorb for the most pasrt anyway. Even lightning fast whey takes hours.
    Team Force Factor Rep
    www.ForceFactor.com
    Monster Mash 2014 prep???
    Performance Protein + oats=<3
    Pharmacy technician/Cop
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/force-factor/force-factor.htm

drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kenny85 View Post
    Protein timing is purely bro science. Hitting your macros consistently matters most. All this can be determined in the nutrition forum. Tons of great info there
    Tons of crap info there, too. Lol! I know what you mean though.

Op, drink your shakes to hit your caloric/macro goals for each day, and you will be good to go. Timing is irrelevant.