Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Eppick View Post
    I was losing around 2-2.5 a week, until about 2 weeks ago where since then I have gained 4 lbs...I know your weight isn't linear, but my weight seems to be fluctuating in a consistently upward direction now, which is why i'm here.
    thats a lot of weight to be losing.
    Eat the damn yolk.

Eppick is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eppick is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eppick is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eppick is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eppick is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eppick is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eppick is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eppick is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eppick is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eppick is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eppick is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Gxp23 View Post
    as a stand point to maintain, you will gain weight getting to there, mostly water though because you will need to increase your carbs, but from their you can then adjust calories to suit your needs.
    So I should work my way up to 2100, stay there for a little while, then adjust my calories to lose weight? So take a break from losing weight to do this?
    Body Under Construction

Starting Weight: 187 lbs

Eppick is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eppick is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eppick is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eppick is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eppick is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eppick is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eppick is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eppick is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eppick is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eppick is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eppick is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by foodandfitness View Post
    How do you estimate your caloric intake? Do you weigh and measure foods and keep a food log?
    Yeah, I do all of that
    Body Under Construction

thats a lot of weight to be losing.
    What pace is steady, then? a pound a week? 1.5 a week?
    Body Under Construction

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What pace is steady, then? a pound a week? 1.5 a week?
    1 pound per week MAX
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    1 pound per week MAX
    I know that losing weight too fast can cause all kinds of issues, but why 1lb a week? I'm not horribly bothered by losing weight slow, i'm not in a hurry for anything, but why?
    Body Under Construction

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    I know that losing weight too fast can cause all kinds of issues, but why 1lb a week? I'm not horribly bothered by losing weight slow, i'm not in a hurry for anything, but why?
    because anything more you are at risk of losing lean mass.

You really need to find out your maintenance calories, a good average i would say, around 2000, what kinds of foods do you eat?

calorie dense ones are obviously a good option but are you going to be getting enough protein, fats, carbs etc.
    Eat the damn yolk.

XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You're young and losing weight too fast will leave you with a lack of energy (for your activity and sports) and you'll lose muscle mass. It's better to take it slow.

Dannya908 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dannya908 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dannya908 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dannya908 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dannya908 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dannya908 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dannya908 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dannya908 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dannya908 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dannya908 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dannya908 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You must be new here, because nobody, even the op, should be cutting on 1200 cals, based on his height and weight. He is gonna lose a lot of mass.

thats why i said "IF" she is cuttin on 1200 cals. IDK her macros or cal intake.
    Last edited by Dannya908; 05-04-2013 at 06:35 PM.

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

You really need to find out your maintenance calories, a good average i would say, around 2000, what kinds of foods do you eat?

calorie dense ones are obviously a good option but are you going to be getting enough protein, fats, carbs etc.
    yuuuup
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

Dannya908 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dannya908 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dannya908 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dannya908 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dannya908 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dannya908 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dannya908 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dannya908 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dannya908 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dannya908 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dannya908 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MetilHed View Post
    would you even ever seriously consider someone eating 1200 cals a day to be bulking ?

FYI: OP is female.

OP: As far as more calorie dense foods go, make sure you're hitting your protein and fat minimums. There is no "required" amount for carbs, outside of personal preference. eat fattier cuts of meat, or as you said more PB or avocado. Dietary fat doesn't make you fat (unless you are eating enough to drive your caloric intake over your maintenance). If you make sure you are hitting protein minimums, and are using fattier more calorie dense foods to help meet your calorie target, you will likely hit your fat minimums as well.
    if you weren't such a smart ass, you can see OP is a new member so you never ****ing know what people are doing nowadays!! did i say he was on a 1200 diet?? no im pretty sure i was just asking....I guess i should of changed my question to "do you wanna cut or bulk" as seeing as people wanna get big and smart on the internet

Originally Posted by Dannya908 View Post
    thats why i said "IF" he is cuttin on 1200 cals. IDK his macros or cal intake.
    "her" lol she said in her post dude.
    Eat the damn yolk.

13Chris13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 13Chris13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 13Chris13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 13Chris13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 13Chris13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 13Chris13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 13Chris13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 13Chris13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 13Chris13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 13Chris13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 13Chris13 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if you weren't such a smart ass, you can see OP is a new member so you never ****ing know what people are doing nowadays!! did i say he was on a 1200 diet?? no im pretty sure i was just asking....I guess i should of changed my question to "do you wanna cut or bulk" as seeing as people wanna get big and smart on the internet
    You're still referring to OP as a "he". OP is a girl bro

her ok her!! thats my fault

her ok her!! thats my fault
    it is your fault
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

I'll tell you basically what I ate today, which was a normal day of what I eat for me, so you can get an idea.

Breakfast: 4 egg whites, 50g of avocado, half a cup of oatmeal, tablespoon of peanut butter
    Lunch: Tuna on a flatout wrap with 300g of watermelon
    Pre-workout: 1 scoop of whey with a banana
    Dinner: 5 oz of chicken breast, cup of brown rice, cup of green beans

all of this 1258 cals, 167 carbs, 24 fats and 109 protein.
    Body Under Construction

didnt i just say that....are we gonna go on a tangent about this **** or are we gonna go back to trying to help OP out.
    Still waiting on some info from op, like how much protein carbs and fats she intakes, thought we would just flame you while we wait, problem?

lol nah im kidding man, appreciate the input.
    Eat the damn yolk.

I'll tell you basically what I ate today, which was a normal day of what I eat for me, so you can get an idea.

Breakfast: 4 egg whites, 50g of avocado, half a cup of oatmeal, tablespoon of peanut butter
    Lunch: Tuna on a flatout wrap with 300g of watermelon
    Pre-workout: 1 scoop of whey with a banana
    Dinner: 5 oz of chicken breast, cup of brown rice, cup of green beans

all of this 1258 cals, 167 carbs, 24 fats and 109 protein.
    Ok from what i can gather here is, you are on the right track, it actually seems like you are eating the right way, just maybe only 1/2 to 2/3s what you should be, personally speaking.

Also, eat full eggs, trust me, it saves you needing to eat the avocado there and then and you can save it for later.

Fat is one of your best friends,it helps with hormones, mood, filling you up, and yolks and avocados are amazing sources.

I would say throw the whey shake away but you are struggling to get calories down so lets instead of throwing it away, add milk to it instead (if you can) and add another tbl spoon of peanut butter onto that banana, experiment with your food, this is actually a pretty good combo btw.

your dinner looks fine, but maybe you could add a snack in later at night? Anything in particular you like that you dont eat as often?
    Eat the damn yolk.

dogetta will become famous soon enough. (+50) dogetta will become famous soon enough. (+50) dogetta will become famous soon enough. (+50) dogetta will become famous soon enough. (+50) dogetta will become famous soon enough. (+50) dogetta will become famous soon enough. (+50) dogetta will become famous soon enough. (+50) dogetta will become famous soon enough. (+50) dogetta will become famous soon enough. (+50) dogetta will become famous soon enough. (+50) dogetta will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just off of what you know, do you think my calorie goal is too low? I haven't lost weight in two weeks, which I know happens with everyone, but I wonder if that can be an issue. I have soccer 5 days/wk and I weight train 3 days/wk, for my activity levels.
    I wish I had your problem as I could eat all day. Your bmr should be about 1560 and tdee abouts 2425 for your activity If your trying to lose a few lbs subtract abouts 500 cals to lose about a lb a wk abouts 1900 cals. Eat abouts 6 meals a day so your not eating so much at a time and get your protein and fat in and the rest in carbs which are needed for energy for workouts. DO NOT be afraid to eat as I was at your age
    Living life clean and loving it!!

Originally Posted by dogetta View Post
    I wish I had your problem as I could eat all day. Your bmr should be about 1560 and tdee abouts 2425 for your activity If your trying to lose a few lbs subtract abouts 500 cals to lose about a lb a wk abouts 1900 cals. Eat abouts 6 meals a day so your not eating so much at a time and get your protein and fat in and the rest in carbs which are needed for energy for workouts. DO NOT be afraid to eat as I was at your age
    Yea we have kinda got this averaged out, just trying to find ways to help her get a good appetite.
    Eat the damn yolk.

Ok from what i can gather here is, you are on the right track, it actually seems like you are eating the right way, just maybe only 1/2 to 2/3s what you should be, personally speaking.

Also, eat full eggs, trust me, it saves you needing to eat the avocado there and then and you can save it for later.

Fat is one of your best friends,it helps with hormones, mood, filling you up, and yolks and avocados are amazing sources.

I would say throw the whey shake away but you are struggling to get calories down so lets instead of throwing it away, add milk to it instead (if you can) and add another tbl spoon of peanut butter onto that banana, experiment with your food, this is actually a pretty good combo btw.

your dinner looks fine, but maybe you could add a snack in later at night? Anything in particular you like that you dont eat as often?
    Not much I can think of, really...maybe popcorn (of course not the butter-coated variety) or cottage cheese with fruit? I haven't eaten either of those in a while
    Body Under Construction

I'm not so much afraid to eat as its just hard for me eat a good amount...it sucks sometimes though, because there will be times where I will genuinely be enjoying what I am eating but will get full fast and have to stop
    Body Under Construction

Not much I can think of, really...maybe popcorn (of course not the butter-coated variety) or cottage cheese with fruit? I haven't eaten either of those in a while
    Cheese is always a winner, if you can eat cottage cheese great, with fruit even better.

Toast? oats? jerky? anything really that you can snack on to help with your appetite.
    Eat the damn yolk.

Cheese is always a winner, if you can eat cottage cheese great, with fruit even better.

Toast? oats? jerky? anything really that you can snack on to help with your appetite.

Yeah, I for sure think I could do that. As long as it is spaced out enough, and eat dinner early enough, I can get a decent appetite by nighttime.
    Body Under Construction

pghchick will become famous soon enough. (+50) pghchick will become famous soon enough. (+50) pghchick will become famous soon enough. (+50) pghchick will become famous soon enough. (+50) pghchick will become famous soon enough. (+50) pghchick will become famous soon enough. (+50) pghchick will become famous soon enough. (+50) pghchick will become famous soon enough. (+50) pghchick will become famous soon enough. (+50) pghchick will become famous soon enough. (+50) pghchick will become famous soon enough. (+50)

This.
    I wish I had your problem as I could eat all day.
    And this.

And to add to these things...
    I went on an 1100-1200 calorie diet for 5 months last year and really screwed up my hormones. Especially with your age I would caution you to NOT put your body in that much of a caloric deficit. You could wreck your metabolism.

dogetta will become famous soon enough. (+50) dogetta will become famous soon enough. (+50) dogetta will become famous soon enough. (+50) dogetta will become famous soon enough. (+50) dogetta will become famous soon enough. (+50) dogetta will become famous soon enough. (+50) dogetta will become famous soon enough. (+50) dogetta will become famous soon enough. (+50) dogetta will become famous soon enough. (+50) dogetta will become famous soon enough. (+50) dogetta will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You could join a site like my fitness pal besides logging your food you can creep/view peoples diaries and get some ideas for meals and it will tell you the macros for the meals. There are 1 or 2 threads on here with females and males that have listed their MFP account names so you can friend them and get access to the diary and see what their eating. Hope this helps my MFP name is dogetta
    Living life clean and loving it!!

ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Op you are in eating disorder territory with your intake. There are many easy ways to up your intake.

PB
    Ice cream
    Cereal
    Full fat dairy

You seem to be eating foods that are very satiating for their caloric price. Which is great when you are restricting calories but you need a LOT.more. at least 2500 I'd say.

But you shouldnt be counting at your age. You're still growing and need a lot even if you weren't as extremely active as you are.
    Always learning, Always growing, Never satisfied

5 Rep Maxes(Last improvement 1/15/14):

Deads:365
    Bench:215
    Squat:275

"You are so much more than just a guy who likes to lift and eat, don't settle for being just those things."
    -The Big Sleep

Yeah, I for sure think I could do that. As long as it is spaced out enough, and eat dinner early enough, I can get a decent appetite by nighttime.
    good, but with all the activity you are taking part in, make sure you get plenty of sleep! cant stress that enough.
    Eat the damn yolk.

Originally Posted by pghchick View Post
    This.

And this.

And to add to these things...
    I went on an 1100-1200 calorie diet for 5 months last year and really screwed up my hormones. Especially with your age I would caution you to NOT put your body in that much of a caloric deficit. You could wreck your metabolism.
    Does my age truly play that much of a role with this?
    Body Under Construction

Does my age truly play that much of a role with this?
    Hormones are going to be going up and down like a "whores nickers" as we like to say here in Scotland. Dont let it get to you too much, the best thing to do is make sure you eat a good balanced diet, which is really the basis we are trying to get at here.
    Eat the damn yolk.