wasntme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wasntme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wasntme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wasntme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wasntme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wasntme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wasntme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wasntme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wasntme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wasntme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wasntme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

wow, carb up is boring!

ok, that was a stupid title. but just a note. so far 2 weeks on ckd. i train weight 3 times a week, no cardio due to injury. so far i have dropped 2 pounds. my sweet tooth is essentially gone, i never thought i would say that! well i was just going to do this diet for 2 weeks and see what its like, but i like it, and will continue. im not really looking to lose weight just drop a little bodyfat, as im pretty lean as is. but today is my first carb-up and i have no cravings what so ever. all week i was looking forward to this day. im just not craving a single carb, wtf! so far i had a quizno's turkey sub on wheat. bag of pretzels. 2 bowls of captain crunch with a whey shake,. and i have gained 4 pounds already, is that mostly water weight? i feel bloated, but i know this is a crucial day and it has its importance, im going to switch to lower gi carbs as the night goes on. when i wake tommorow morning i will just start back on my regualr keto diet? thanks for hearing me out, peace.

is it really that important to switch over to lower GI carbs? or does it not really matter.

dilly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thats funny I feel the same way. I just finished my carb up and i didn't really like it either.

That 4 lbs is all water.

The Gi of your carbs is dependant on a few things:
    - The length of your carbups- When doing shorter carbups it can pretty much be all high GI. The longer the carbup I feel lower GI should be incorporated
    I like to do what you already suggested, regardless of the duration, first half high GI second half low GI. I also find that if I don't finish my carbups with lower Gi sources I feel like major **** the next day. I feel that the more stable insulin levels from the lower GI carbs helps with my mood and energy as I resort back to my keto diet.

- Also depending on your genetics and bodytype will have some say in what type of carbs you can carb up with.

This is my .02cents

Dilly

wasntme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wasntme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wasntme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wasntme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wasntme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wasntme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wasntme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wasntme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wasntme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wasntme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wasntme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by dilly
    Thats funny I feel the same way. I just finished my carb up and i didn't really like it either.

That 4 lbs is all water.

The Gi of your carbs is dependant on a few things:
    - The length of your carbups- When doing shorter carbups it can pretty much be all high GI. The longer the carbup I feel lower GI should be incorporated
    I like to do what you already suggested, regardless of the duration, first half high GI second half low GI. I also find that if I don't finish my carbups with lower Gi sources I feel like major **** the next day. I feel that the more stable insulin levels from the lower GI carbs helps with my mood and energy as I resort back to my keto diet.

- Also depending on your genetics and bodytype will have some say in what type of carbs you can carb up with.

This is my .02cents

Dilly
    thanks dilly, i always appreciate your help. lets see i started my carbup about 2pm today, im thinking i will carbup until i go to bed, and just start keto tomm morning. do you think i will still feel the increased energy on mondays workout from my carbup today, or will sunday's keto flush that out? thanks

dilly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    IMO it would be best to workout the day after your carb up, I carb up friday after my workout until bedtime and do a workout on saturday. I however have waited until monday sometimes and have still had wicked workouts ( major pumps). If you have to wait until monday just make sure you are doing nothing to deplete muscle glycogen (ex. High intensity cardio). If doing cardio I would only do lower intensity cardio as it will deplete the liver glycogen and not muscle glycogen.

Cheers
    Dilly