xdeerizx is not very well liked. (-100) xdeerizx is not very well liked. (-100) xdeerizx is not very well liked. (-100) xdeerizx is not very well liked. (-100) xdeerizx is not very well liked. (-100) xdeerizx is not very well liked. (-100) xdeerizx is not very well liked. (-100) xdeerizx is not very well liked. (-100) xdeerizx is not very well liked. (-100) xdeerizx is not very well liked. (-100) xdeerizx is not very well liked. (-100)

My mom needs help! She is 55....

About 2 months ago my father her husband past suddenly from a blood clot. He was the type that had a close relationship with his doctors and went to them twice a month. Very concerned about preventing problems before the happened. He couldn't predict this one. Unlike my mom, I can eat anything when I am down. Makes me not feel so bad. I am a sad eater I guess. Nothing crazy, I can just enjoy a not so good for you meal. My mom on the other doesn't find any comfort in food and most the time doesn't have an appetite. She knows what food is healthy and she is an amazing cook. I am concerned with her 20lb weight lose on an already tiny frame. She hasn't done many active things over the years to stay in shape and you know what they say can happen if you don't! 10lbs of muscle in 10 years right? She is STARVING for muscle. Her goal is to just gain it back and that is it. No crazy deadlifts or Squats needed. Safe stuff because she is rather weak and whatever else you suggest will greatly be appreciated. I stay fit, workout hard 5-6 days a week but my goals are different and I have been giving her some advice but want to hear some others advice. Thanks friends!

If I am hear in the wrong place, please point me in the right one!

55 Yrs old
    5'8"
    115Lbs
    10-12% un-toned bf (eyeball test)

Questions like:
    eat 1g protein per 1lb bodyweight
    stay in rep ranges in between 5-15
    Go to failure?
    Work with Resistance bands

paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Mother; whatever age, love and respect! Don't want to be too frank, but you seem more interested in yourself than her?
    paolo59

"If you're going through hell, keep going!" Winston Churchill

xdeerizx is not very well liked. (-100) xdeerizx is not very well liked. (-100) xdeerizx is not very well liked. (-100) xdeerizx is not very well liked. (-100) xdeerizx is not very well liked. (-100) xdeerizx is not very well liked. (-100) xdeerizx is not very well liked. (-100) xdeerizx is not very well liked. (-100) xdeerizx is not very well liked. (-100) xdeerizx is not very well liked. (-100) xdeerizx is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by paolo59 View Post
    Mother; whatever age, love and respect! Don't want to be too frank, but you seem more interested in yourself than her?
    You nailed it! Congrats on your 14,228 post! My mom is not reading this so no need to address her with your sincerity. It's a tiny backdrop on the history of her and my knowledge before people like you ask about it. There is some about him, some about me but mostly about her.

I swear, forums and people like you who troll them are ridiculous. You got a lot of nerve.

No need to say anything if it's pointless please people.

latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    relax hon...your mom might need some grief counseling..talking to someone..she is going thru a rough patch right now..sounds like depression to me. Her weight loss and why it is happening is the main issue right now..as far as lifting? take her to a good gym with a good trainer

Originally Posted by latebloomingmom View Post
    relax hon...your mom might need some grief counseling..talking to someone..she is going thru a rough patch right now..sounds like depression to me. Her weight loss and why it is happening is the main issue right now..as far as lifting? take her to a good gym with a good trainer
    He needs to relax.

She is doing that, all good in that dept. Honestly she is very strong women and is handling it as best as you can. She's far too weak for a trainer or a gym but I don't know for her age what she should be doing. Like I said, she doesn't need to bulk in the sense of what people perceive bulking to be. She just needs the right routine for a weak ol lady trying to get her strength back.

I told her she needs to at least be eating 120g of protein a day and exercising her muscles to a fatigue. Im just looking for something safe for her. I also mentioned tension bands and not weights however I don't know.

Thanks again.

latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by xdeerizx View Post
    He needs to relax.

She is doing that, all good in that dept. Honestly she is very strong women and is handling it as best as you can. She's far too weak for a trainer or a gym but I don't know for her age what she should be doing. Like I said, she doesn't need to bulk in the sense of what people perceive bulking to be. She just needs the right routine for a weak ol lady trying to get her strength back.

I told her she needs to at least be eating 120g of protein a day and exercising her muscles to a fatigue. Im just looking for something safe for her. I also mentioned tension bands and not weights however I don't know.

Thanks again.
    if she is too weak for a trainer or a gym than I am confused on what kind of weight training she can do..bands are a possibility, many women like yoga..

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    X: you don't come in here and insult one of our long time and regular members...Paolo has given countless help to more clueless people than you, who were more respectful.....

Now I realize that the difficulty deciphering your post was probably because you don't speak English well, but, nevertheless, it is VERY HARD to understand just what the hell you are saying.....

it is YOU that need patience with US....

YOU are the one asking for help, and, in such a disjointed manner that we don't know what you are trying to say....
    Lift as MUCH as you can, for as MANY reps as you can,
    while in complete control of the exercise.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You're calling your mother a weak old lady.

GTFO!

BTW, when someone pops in with a the typical question on how to train my mother, my aunt, my g/f, my sister, my cousin, my dog, my cat, etc...

If you have to ask, you are not qualified to train/and or give advice to anyone.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)