Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    jcrobles92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jcrobles92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jcrobles92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jcrobles92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jcrobles92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jcrobles92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jcrobles92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jcrobles92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jcrobles92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jcrobles92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jcrobles92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by SammyJr View Post
    didn't anyone read the forum?
    see this just reiterates the fact that they provoked it in my opinion. how simple would it have been just to let the officer know the circumstances instead they handled it in a childish asinine way by trying to act like their law experts & then taking it as far as suing every judge wtf!?

spamy is a name known to all. (+5000) spamy is a name known to all. (+5000) spamy is a name known to all. (+5000) spamy is a name known to all. (+5000) spamy is a name known to all. (+5000) spamy is a name known to all. (+5000) spamy is a name known to all. (+5000) spamy is a name known to all. (+5000) spamy is a name known to all. (+5000) spamy is a name known to all. (+5000) spamy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    didn't anyone read the forum?
    No way, the authorities are always right, no matter what!!

Good for Melvin and his wife knowing their rights and not taking it in the ass with no problem like many "law abiding citizens".

SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jcrobles92 View Post
    see this just reiterates the fact that they provoked it in my opinion. how simple would it have been just to let the officer know the circumstances instead they handled it in a childish asinine way by trying to act like their law experts & then taking it as far as suing every judge wtf!?
    well apparently they're 5 million dollars richer now b/c of it

Originally Posted by spamy View Post
    No way, the authorities are always right, no matter what!!
    hehe would be funny if ronnie was arresting melvin

mattryken has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mattryken has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mattryken has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mattryken has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mattryken has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mattryken has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mattryken has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mattryken has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mattryken has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mattryken has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mattryken has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ^^ if that story is all correct then thats probably the coolest thing i've heard in a while. Corruption is a terrible crime, so im glad they did something about it. Wonder what Melvin will do with the money
    ► Type 1 Diabetes crew ◄
    ► Cystic Fibrosis crew ◄
    ► New Zealand crew ◄

FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i would rather have just showed my id or explained about the license plate than spent months in court suing the PD and a few judges....

thats just me though

SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by FAN0FdaSport View Post
    i would rather have just showed my id or explained about the license plate than spent months in court suing the PD and a few judges....

thats just me though
    you sure? if you had won that 5 million you'd be able to train with levrone

Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000)

thats just me though
    5 million for some months in court is not too shabby. My conscience would not be very happy by getting people into prison though for something that appears minor.

This will be one hell of a precedent for the court.

MrSilverback has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrSilverback has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrSilverback has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrSilverback has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrSilverback has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrSilverback has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrSilverback has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrSilverback has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrSilverback has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrSilverback has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrSilverback has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mattryken View Post
    ^^ if that story is all correct then thats probably the coolest thing i've heard in a while. Corruption is a terrible crime, so im glad they did something about it. Wonder what Melvin will do with the money
    I HIGHLY doubt that story is correct LOL. There is absolutely ZERO chance the cops involved are going to prison. That's my FIRST observation. Administrative leave and subsequently IA investigation? OK. Possible termination? OK. No one died. No one was severely injured. Let's be serious now.
    "There are no victims, only volunteers. You volunteer by looking uncertain and afraid. You volunteer by being, as grass-eaters invariably are, unprepared to confront the hazards of life." - Col. Jeff Cooper
    **MFC** [No Safe Queen Crew]-REPORTED-
    **MCC**
    **30 & Over Crew**
    **Loves frightening mens physique competitors in the gym crew**

KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am having a hard time finding anything about a supposed $5 million judgement against Orange County, or the police officers facing any charges. I think that part of the story is BS.

Here is the real story, they were charged, and the charges were dismissed.

FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    you sure? if you had won that 5 million you'd be able to train with levrone
    Originally Posted by Unbiasedfan View Post
    5 million for some months in court is not too shabby. My conscience would not be very happy by getting people into prison though for something that appears minor.

This will be one hell of a precedent for the court.
    Wouldnt their lawyers costs still be high? But mostly the stress of it all sounds too much for me. A friend of mine has been in court for almost a year over hitting someone's bumper with his car. He hasnt really been doing well this year.

ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz
    Looks like the law got handled alright, lol..... 5 mill richer, nice. Oh and how old is this? Knowing how slow the court system is. He went through a lot to get to the end result.
    Last edited by ZBlacktt; 02-28-2013 at 01:48 PM.
    US Marine Corps Vet 8 years ( 92/00 ) - Semper Fi - ★cVc★

MrSilverback has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrSilverback has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrSilverback has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrSilverback has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrSilverback has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrSilverback has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrSilverback has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrSilverback has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrSilverback has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrSilverback has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrSilverback has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by KCTonyG View Post
    I am having a hard time finding anything about a supposed $5 million judgement against Orange County, or the police officers facing any charges. I think that part of the story is BS.

Here is the real story, they were charged, and the charges were dismissed.
    ^This.

Him and his wife got tossed, for basically not cooperating/resisting, when if they HAD cooperated in the first place...nothing would have happened.

Probably ended up forking out lawyer fee's too.

$5mm judgement would be all over the news.
    "There are no victims, only volunteers. You volunteer by looking uncertain and afraid. You volunteer by being, as grass-eaters invariably are, unprepared to confront the hazards of life." - Col. Jeff Cooper
    **MCC**
    **30 & Over Crew**

OberstGeiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) OberstGeiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) OberstGeiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) OberstGeiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) OberstGeiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) OberstGeiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) OberstGeiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) OberstGeiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) OberstGeiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) OberstGeiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) OberstGeiger will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I can't help but think tinfoil when I read that 1st summary of charges. Haven't heard of a judge being assassinated in modern history.

Mohammed786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mohammed786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mohammed786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mohammed786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mohammed786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mohammed786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mohammed786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mohammed786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mohammed786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mohammed786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mohammed786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ROMMYromboid View Post
    Brah all I can say is why did nt the UK police use these tactics in the London riots? Seemes there was more force used in the arrest of melvin + wife.
    The truth brah is the police are damn'd if they do and damn'd if they don't. There are folk on either side of the fence on this one...

There are a few vids on YouTube of policd officers IMO using reasonable force doing the riots as it spread across the UK but they got critics for being heavy handed.

The police can't win....easily criticised seldom praised!!!

I know there are a few bad apples in the police service they tarnish the name of the whole service.

(Above refers to UK police)
    ****27/04/2013 partial rupture of the right bicep****

31/05/2013 right distill bicep tendon surgery

www.instagram.com/aesthetic_dream_chaser

www.twitter.com/aestheticChaser

jamesyboi is just really nice. (+1000) jamesyboi is just really nice. (+1000) jamesyboi is just really nice. (+1000) jamesyboi is just really nice. (+1000) jamesyboi is just really nice. (+1000) jamesyboi is just really nice. (+1000) jamesyboi is just really nice. (+1000) jamesyboi is just really nice. (+1000) jamesyboi is just really nice. (+1000) jamesyboi is just really nice. (+1000) jamesyboi is just really nice. (+1000)
    Look how obese some of those Police are.

Is that thing with the grey hair a woman police officer?
    -80 kgs in 15 months.

Follow my journey on
    http://www.********.com/half175

✪ Fandango Crew ✪

Poppin Rolaids like Candy PillClinton's Avatar
    PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000) PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000) PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000) PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000) PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000) PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000) PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000) PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000) PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000) PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000) PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I am not sure where this happened, but race relations aren't great when it comes to african americans and police officers in the united states. Police officers are known to purposely provoke people in order to prove their dominance in a confrontation as they have the ultimate bargaining chip (if you say no i can hurt you, legally).

I also don't think its illegal for a police officer to ask for I.D.

Could Melvin had handled this better? sure.

Could the police have? absolutely.

Who is more liable if something goes wrong? The police.

Genital Warfare Penile_Dementia's Avatar
    Penile_Dementia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penile_Dementia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penile_Dementia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penile_Dementia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penile_Dementia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penile_Dementia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penile_Dementia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penile_Dementia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penile_Dementia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penile_Dementia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penile_Dementia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by pokaplaya22 View Post
    Why should it matter what was said? Last time I checked we have this thing called freedom of speech. If words bothers a cop that much, that it causes him or her from losing their cool, then maybe the job is not for them. It seems like more of a power trip than anything.
    Not saying it happened in this situation, but what is said does matter in these situations in regards to responses to what is said, as you can say things that are not protected by freedom of speech; ie, threats.
    Feathered Nether Regions

DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Penile_Dementia View Post
    Not saying it happened in this situation, but what is said does matter in these situations in regards to responses to what is said, as you can say things that are not protected by freedom of speech; ie, threats.
    Good point, but it doesn't look to me like he was doing anything of the kind. It looked to me like Melvin was ignoring him for the most part.

Truthfully, no one knows what the hell happened, but from what you can see in the video, the police overreacted. Melvin was clearly frustrated, but he wasn't acting in a dangerous, threatening manner whatsoever. To go and get four officers to forcefully take Melvin down and then violently rip his wife from the car and throw her to the ground just wasn't necessary.

Why can't we all just get along?
    Bench: 215x12 (17/12/2011) PR since torn RC

"Being the best in your circle is not enough; you have to think bigger to become a champion. Don’t think like a small fish in a big pond or else when you get to the ocean you’ll be eaten alive." - Fouad Abiad

"Proper preparation prevents poor performance," - Kai Greene

pokaplaya22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pokaplaya22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pokaplaya22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pokaplaya22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pokaplaya22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pokaplaya22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pokaplaya22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pokaplaya22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pokaplaya22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pokaplaya22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pokaplaya22 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Penile_Dementia View Post
    Not sure how laws are enforced in Ireland, but here in the states, things like this happen way too often..totally unnecessary.
    Do work Son

Originally Posted by jamesyboi View Post
    Look how obese some of those Police are.

Is that thing with the grey hair a woman police officer?
    It's sad but yes, some cops are out of shape. Where I live, most are in very good shape. Most departments have annual physical tests that officers must pass. In addition, to even get hired, you pretty much need to be in the top 2% of physical ability. The area does have the highest paid cops in the nation lol.

Sadly, like you said...not like that everywhere.

Originally Posted by DavisForman View Post
    the police overreacted. Melvin was clearly frustrated, but he wasn't acting in a dangerous, threatening manner whatsoever.
    Ummm no lol? They asked him SEVERAL times to comply. Every time he did not. You can clearly see from the video there is EASILY 45 secs of asking him to comply. Probably MORE than that even before the video starts, delivered by the officer in the foreground.

Every time Melvin keeps reaching in the car. Police need to treat every situation with caution. Why do you think every cop during a traffic stop covers his firearm as they ask for your paperwork from the glove box? Because unsavory pieces of sh*t try to shoot cops. They don't know what he's doing. He's agitated for probably no reason, reaching in the car, and she's reaching in the console/purse as they're trying to tell her to get out of the car.

Red flag
    Red flag
    Red flag

Worst of all, the officer merely goes to direct him away from the car. He pushes him away. This was purely a "tough guy" reaction.

Simple solution to all this:

- Explain the plate is in the car
    - Do as the officer says
    - As the situation sorts itself out they'll find the plates

Both of them deserved everything they got. I really hope they paid out the a$$ in lawyer fee's for their stupidity.

Recently, there were two incidents by me. One was a man being beat by officers as he went into diabetic shock during a traffic stop. The other was a mentally handicapped kid punched in the face because he didn't understand what the officers were saying. Those two situations, yes, police were in the wrong. Both settled for about $250,000. So basically, that $5m number is absolute BS. Also, the back story posted on MD is likely BS.
    **MCC**
    **30 & Over Crew**

Originally Posted by pokaplaya22 View Post
    Not sure how laws are enforced in Ireland, but here in the states, things like this happen way too often..totally unnecessary.
    Yeah? Check out Sweden. You get arrested there for "looking big"

http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ected-drug-use
    **MCC**
    **30 & Over Crew**

feelin like im lookin ;) MrMetabolism's Avatar
    MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    most cops dont know the law any better than the citizens theyre pulling over. they should not be charged with upholding the law when they arent familiar with it. a cop who commits a crime is no longer a cop in my eyes.

weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000)
    And that's only the civil side. Next comes the Title 18 criminal charge. Three judges, the prosecutor, and the cops are going to federal prison. There is no escape for them.

Umm... no... that isn't going to happen..

Whoever wrote that entire thing lost a lot of credibility with this statement.

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by FUBAR1 View Post
    Whatever it was, it was enough to cause a second Officer to come running upon seeing it.
    And for all we know, "enough" could just be seeing her and being surprised. There's tons of news stories of police using ridiculously excessive force, even shooting people huddled in a corner with their hands up. Not a very good line of reasoning to just go "well whatever it was, it was enough to make the officer react that way"

Originally Posted by MrMetabolism View Post
    most cops dont know the law any better than the citizens theyre pulling over. they should not be charged with upholding the law when they arent familiar with it. a cop who commits a crime is no longer a cop in my eyes.
    x2, it's just crazy. At the very least, they should be held to the same legal standards as the average citizen. They often get away with way more than any normal person could and get a slap on the wrist for outrageous abuses of power. Not saying that's what happened here cus I don't know the story behind this and haven't even seen the vid yet. I'm just saying I'm dead tired of that sorta things happening. And it's *not* an isolated incident when it happens all over the country repeatedly(heck, even in my hometown and surrounding towns, repeatedly).

Originally Posted by stealth_swimmer View Post
    There's tons of news stories of police using ridiculously excessive force, even shooting people huddled in a corner with their hands up.
    have a link?

stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    have a link?
    Connecticut newspaper website. I remember someone shared it on ********. I get lots of news via ********, btw.

http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/...id-4290145.php

Originally Posted by CTpost
    "This is a clear admission of misconduct on their (the towns') part," said Gary Mastronardi, who represents the homeowner, Ronald Terebesi, who reportedly barely escaped with his life during the raid.

"There is undisputed evidence Guizan and Terebesi were huddled in a corner when police shot," Mastronardi said. "This is just the first of two shoes that have dropped."

It was a no-knock raid.

mike8190 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mike8190 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mike8190 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mike8190 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mike8190 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mike8190 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mike8190 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mike8190 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mike8190 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mike8190 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mike8190 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by stealth_swimmer View Post
    And for all we know, "enough" could just be seeing her and being surprised. There's tons of news stories of police using ridiculously excessive force, even shooting people huddled in a corner with their hands up. Not a very good line of reasoning to just go "well whatever it was, it was enough to make the officer react that way"

x2, it's just crazy. At the very least, they should be held to the same legal standards as the average citizen. They often get away with way more than any normal person could and get a slap on the wrist for outrageous abuses of power. Not saying that's what happened here cus I don't know the story behind this and haven't even seen the vid yet. I'm just saying I'm dead tired of that sorta things happening. And it's *not* an isolated incident when it happens all over the country repeatedly(heck, even in my hometown and surrounding towns, repeatedly).
    ever see that video of the deaf wood carver carrying knives across the street, the cop tells him to freeze, etc, then shoots and kills him?

I respect anyone who does their job. But I've dealt with some ******* cops, usually the young ones or the women, who feel either entitled or honestly intimidated or something. They have to assert their dominance and often threaten you with their ability to be a dick and arrest you or write you a ticket or whatever.
    What's also sad is when a cop is found in the wrong, they often just ask for their resignation or whatever so they won't have trouble getting another job.
    Just because someone's a cop doesn't mean they're a good person.
    I've also had positive interactions with the police so like I said, I respect the ones who do their job. But not the bullies.

ROMMYromboid is a name known to all. (+5000) ROMMYromboid is a name known to all. (+5000) ROMMYromboid is a name known to all. (+5000) ROMMYromboid is a name known to all. (+5000) ROMMYromboid is a name known to all. (+5000) ROMMYromboid is a name known to all. (+5000) ROMMYromboid is a name known to all. (+5000) ROMMYromboid is a name known to all. (+5000) ROMMYromboid is a name known to all. (+5000) ROMMYromboid is a name known to all. (+5000) ROMMYromboid is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Mohammed786 View Post
    The truth brah is the police are damn'd if they do and damn'd if they don't. There are folk on either side of the fence on this one...

There are a few vids on YouTube of policd officers IMO using reasonable force doing the riots as it spread across the UK but they got critics for being heavy handed.

The police can't win....easily criticised seldom praised!!!

I know there are a few bad apples in the police service they tarnish the name of the whole service.

(Above refers to UK police)
    I saw the UK program cops and it looks like they have a tough job and do not get enough respect which makes their jobs harder, one episode was on wakefield in west yorkshire and the police had a lot of work dealing with the drunks and got spat on.

Melvin did not look to be doing anything wrong in this case, look forwarded to learning more about what actually went off there and who said the first words that lead to the tackle on his wife..
    TEAM WOLF + TEAM KAI +TEAM CEDRIC + TEAM ROMGLE - TEAM RAMY - TEAM FAIR JUDGING
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    20 Years of bodybuilding knowledge, it does n't come easy 'FullROM 2012'
    Always train with a FullROM - Do not brag about how much weight you can lift if you do not use a FullROM - 'FullROM 2012'
    TEAM LEVRONE

Originally Posted by mike8190 View Post
    ever see that video of the deaf wood carver carrying knives across the street, the cop tells him to freeze, etc, then shoots and kills him?

I respect anyone who does their job. But I've dealt with some ******* cops, usually the young ones or the women, who feel either entitled or honestly intimidated or something. They have to assert their dominance and often threaten you with their ability to be a dick and arrest you or write you a ticket or whatever.
    What's also sad is when a cop is found in the wrong, they often just ask for their resignation or whatever so they won't have trouble getting another job.
    Just because someone's a cop doesn't mean they're a good person.
    I've also had positive interactions with the police so like I said, I respect the ones who do their job. But not the bullies.

Unfortunately, I feel that police officer is the type of job that *attracts* bullies. I know lots of people in the Criminal Justice class in high school were bullies or became bullies after taking the class cus they felt like badasses or some chit. Sorta like the military. Honestly, it's kinda terrifying and grosses me out as well. I've also met some officers who were nice and legitimately seemed like they felt their main job was to keep people safe, but unfortunately most officers I've interacted with have been the bullying kind. Then they got the nerve to go "I'm trying to cut you some slack" when really, they're still punishing you, just not as severely as they can. Like when my brother got pulled over and the officer wanted to take the vehicle away cus his name wasn't on the insurance (cus our dad had just switched companies and hadn't added my brother yet). And he was like "I'm not even supposed to let you drive away with this car. Or do you want me to call your parents and let them know you have the car?" and I was like "You can call, they know already. They're the ones who lent it" and the officer just dropped the issue. Then after writing my brother a ticket, he said again "like I said, I'm not even supposed to let you drive this car"
    Basically, he was looking for extra ways to punish us.

tbh, my brother did earn that ticket. He didn't see a stop sign and ran it - but to be fair it wasn't at an intersection. There's just this stop sign in the middle of the road, so lots of people run it without realizing. However, the officer was looking for all sorts of other reasons to pile up extra stuff on my brother.
    Last edited by stealth_swimmer; 02-28-2013 at 09:09 PM.

do i have brotential BartPimpson's Avatar
    BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    On the plus side every police officer hates doing paperwork. You can often get away with things so long as you're nice and co-operative and aren't causing trouble for them.
    We're dodging more ninjitsu attacks than Flex Wheeler. We're ducking more bullets than George Farah. We're facing more death than a kid leg pressing at Branch Warren's gym.

You can't stop us. You can't hold us back.

IFBB brahs über alles.