Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    MyMusclesHurt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyMusclesHurt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyMusclesHurt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyMusclesHurt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyMusclesHurt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyMusclesHurt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyMusclesHurt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyMusclesHurt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyMusclesHurt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyMusclesHurt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyMusclesHurt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How do you guys measure BF%

Hey, how do you guys measure body fat? On this forum I see alot of numbers thrown around. Really I havn't a clue what my BF% is. I think it's around 30 but nothing objective. How do you come by these numbers,skin fold,bioPod,maybe consultation with space aliens? Really I'm clueless
    Thoughts determine what you want. Action determines what you are...

rcott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rcott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rcott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rcott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rcott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rcott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rcott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rcott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rcott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rcott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rcott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My heath club (may yours also) has the hand-grip type of devise that uses bioelectrical impedance analysis, I'm sure this isn't the most accurate type of devise but it gives you a idea of your body fat and a way to comare in the future.

I'm sure some of the other guys know a lot more than myself...
    Mind, Body, Spirit

BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000) BalhamBeast is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yes, you're right - those devices are not accurate and can be influenced by how much fluid you're retaining or whether you've pooped that day.

The most accurate methods are a dunk tank and a bod pod but few people have access to these. The best, most cost effective way is skinfold calipers but you need someone to help with that and ensure they pinch the exact same points each time. There's a guide on how to use them here.

I haven't measured my fat properly in donkey's years so the percentage on my Bodyspace is just a guess. I generally gauge my fat by tape measure and eyeballing it.
    Current log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149169243

Now cutting!

Montourage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Montourage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Montourage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Montourage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Montourage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Montourage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Montourage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Montourage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Montourage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Montourage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Montourage is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I use a BMI scale while not entirely accurate it is convenient and mine has hand grips too so in theory it's more accurate than the ones that just go through your hands.

obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I check 3 different skinfold sites to get a rough estimate. I use this site: http://www.freedieting.com/tools/bod...calculator.htm

Select skinfold and there's pictures showing you where to pinch
    Ivanko Barbell Crew #61
    BNET: obeygiant#1273

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by MyMusclesHurt View Post
    Hey, how do you guys measure body fat?
    I use the mirror. I'm after a certain look, numbers on a scale or caliper don't mean much to me. The only numbers I track in that regard are muscle belly girth.
    ★DSC★
    ★MISC Cologne Crew★
    ★4200 cals a day crew★
    ★Squat Booty Sorority Fan Club★
    ★Forum Member #109,914,313★

â–º â–º â–ºDirty South Crew gear: https://www.zazzle.com/s/thedirtysouthlifts â—„ â—„ â—„ (Proceeds go to children's charities)

ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    do you come by these numbers,skin fold,bioPod,maybe consultation with space aliens? Really I'm clueless
    If there are no aliens available for a consultation, I will use the following:

For trends, up or down

http://www.weightrainer.net/circbf.html

For the look I'm after, I let the mirror decide for me.

The actual numbers are not important, other than a topic of conversation.

Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I got an iDXA scan. It was $95 but it was good to have an accurate measurement of fat and lean body mass.

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Mirrors and pictures.

I used to GAF about the actual numbers, but beyond bragging rights (if the numbers are good) how useful is the knowledge really? To me, not very. It was actually just a politically correct substitute for obsessing over scale weight or clothing size.

Besisdes, even DEXA can be off. In the name of science (lmao) I broke out my checkbook and had DEXA and Bodpod within 10 hours of one another. Bodpod read higher. And judging from pics I see, there was no way I was as low as the % it read me.
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Mirror and calipers.
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555

MyMusclesHurt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyMusclesHurt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyMusclesHurt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyMusclesHurt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyMusclesHurt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyMusclesHurt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyMusclesHurt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyMusclesHurt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyMusclesHurt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyMusclesHurt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyMusclesHurt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok, thanks all. Really your right the numbers are just for discussion. The mirror doesn't lie.
    I appreciate all the responses
    Thoughts determine what you want. Action determines what you are...

Trying to get those Leans AC242's Avatar
    AC242 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AC242 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AC242 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AC242 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AC242 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AC242 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AC242 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AC242 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AC242 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AC242 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AC242 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have a digital scale. Not sure how accurate it is, but the mirror tells me I still need work.

JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    just had mine done with calipers at the gym.

Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Calipers are fine for keeping track of trends, especially when cutting and making nutritional adjustments. But in my experience, using calipers and linear-software to calculate body fat can be very misleading.

Using the caliper and linear-software method, I was being told my body fat was under 3% in this pic. No way was I anywhere near that level.

By the pictures in the comparison photos below, it would look like I probably got down to just about 6% or a little lower.

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I use

http://www.linear-software.com/online.html

Jackson-Pollack and Parrillo and then average the results.

With this caliper

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000NN9SDO/...SIN=B000NN9SDO

I do the caliper along with tape measurements just to track the trends. I place no value on the actual body fat number nor does it matter. What in the mirror matters. Even for a Katch-McArdle calculation a miscalculation of 5% in body fat is just not going to matter that much.

Photo comparison BF pics are really helpful, like the ones Posted prior in this thread. I've never had a scan, or dunk. Don't have any interest because I can't afford them monthly, and a one shot won't tell me what I want to know, progress over time.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I started using a caliper to track on Monday mornings. I doubt it is terribly accurate, but it does show the trend.

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ok, thanks all. Really your right the numbers are just for discussion. The mirror doesn't lie.
    I appreciate all the responses
    Mirrors do lie. Look in mirror at home, then one in ladies dept at Macy's...
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I use a Bod Pod. A Wellness Center 10 miles away just got their hands on one and charge $40 a session. I think the numbers were useful. I realized how fat I "thought" I was, was far more generous than how fat I really am.

So far my Bod Pod measurements have been consistent with what I would expect from my diet and training. I have another test this Friday.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by IronCharles View Post
    I use the mirror.
    Me too...and it's usually followed by a loud scream...
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I use the Army tape test measure, which isn't very accurate IMO. But mostly I go by photos / mirror. Mirrors do lie but photos don't. Unless you touch 'em up for some reason which would be pointless.

BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000)
    I used to worry about BFP when I first started out but tbh, unless you're competing, it's a meaningless figure. For the vast majority of people, 10% has no more relevance than 12% or 14%.

The mirror will tell you everything you need to know. If you look like you're carrying fat, you probably are. If you look like you're lean, you probably are. That's all you need as an indicator that you have to make adjustments.

The Flanimal project Flounderbout's Avatar
    Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by drudixon View Post
    Look in mirror at home, then one in ladies dept at Macy's...
    Don't do this. It got me a restraining order.

Edit. Just looked at the restraining order again. Apparently the thing to avoid is doing it naked...
    Last edited by Flounderbout; 02-27-2013 at 01:56 AM.

clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I’ve never had mine measured or have equipment at home, so I haven’t got a clue in that respect.
    But I do get a pretty good idea where I lay from the many pictures available showing what BF levels look like.
    Tennis balls?...........my Biceps are as big as Grapefruits!

Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Highlander2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BloodySalad View Post
    I used to worry about BFP when I first started out but tbh, unless you're competing, it's a meaningless figure. For the vast majority of people, 10% has no more relevance than 12% or 14%.

The mirror will tell you everything you need to know. If you look like you're carrying fat, you probably are. If you look like you're lean, you probably are. That's all you need as an indicator that you have to make adjustments.
    I suppose it is true that this is a meaningless figure, but if you are a newbie like myself, it is more psychological and gives you something to aim for, I hear people saying that your abs only become visible when the Bf gets to 10-12%, so if you are 20/30%, you have something to aim for (if that is your goal ) and also If you are on a calorie deficit, you can see how much muscle you are losing and adjust accordingly.
    I used the Electronic scale for a while but it was not very accurate, use calipers now and the 7 point method, it was a difference of almost 4%.

MarkBomberg will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarkBomberg will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarkBomberg will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarkBomberg will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarkBomberg will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarkBomberg will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarkBomberg will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarkBomberg will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarkBomberg will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarkBomberg will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarkBomberg will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I use an Omron impedience monitor that retailed for around $40 at Best Buy. Not incredibly accurate (readings can change depending on time of day and arm position), so I take a few readings and average it together to get a decent ballpark reading.

cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I use a tape measure (the kind you buy from a fabric store) and the Navy's calculator. There are websites that will do the calculations for you, all you have to do is put in the numbers. It may not be as accurate as calipers, but it's quick and easy (and still far better than BMI or the electrical impedance methods). It's also one of the cheapest as it only requires a measuring tape (which WallyWorld sells for a dollar). I assume you have a scale to measure your weight and a computer to access the web already.

http://fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculat...=Body-Fat-Navy
    Last edited by cthulhupun; 03-05-2013 at 11:41 AM. Reason: add link
    Aaron Bennett
    Denver Harlequins Rugby
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #29 -!!!---!!!-

Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I flex, and jump.

Anything that jiggles is fat.
    I don't lift weights, I flex under duress.

My 12 month progress thread
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155962953&p=1113020323#post1113020323

frankzan will become famous soon enough. (+50) frankzan will become famous soon enough. (+50) frankzan will become famous soon enough. (+50) frankzan will become famous soon enough. (+50) frankzan will become famous soon enough. (+50) frankzan will become famous soon enough. (+50) frankzan will become famous soon enough. (+50) frankzan will become famous soon enough. (+50) frankzan will become famous soon enough. (+50) frankzan will become famous soon enough. (+50) frankzan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No need to measure yet, got way too much obv.

olebuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) olebuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) olebuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) olebuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) olebuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) olebuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) olebuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) olebuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) olebuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) olebuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) olebuck will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I guess Im lucky. The company I work for owns and makes the inbody scanner and we have a few on site that I can use daily if I like.
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #30 -!!!---!!!-

Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by scullin View Post
    I use the Army tape test measure, which isn't very accurate IMO. But mostly I go by photos / mirror. Mirrors do lie but photos don't. Unless you touch 'em up for some reason which would be pointless.
    If that's the same as the Navy and YMCA methods, they are pretty close to each other. I use it. It's just using a tape measure and plugging in the numbers to an online calculator. Is it accurate? I don't know, but I look at it as a measure of relative progress, not an absolute number. And then there is the mirror. The pics in Bo_Flecks's post is is a pretty good gauge too. There's something like it on this site when you enter your goals "What do you want to look like?"

I'm going to keep this in my folder of ready-references.
    "Go home, have a beer and smash something. That's what I would do" - Unknown (but probably Thor).