animal2b is a name known to all. (+5000) animal2b is a name known to all. (+5000) animal2b is a name known to all. (+5000) animal2b is a name known to all. (+5000) animal2b is a name known to all. (+5000) animal2b is a name known to all. (+5000) animal2b is a name known to all. (+5000) animal2b is a name known to all. (+5000) animal2b is a name known to all. (+5000) animal2b is a name known to all. (+5000) animal2b is a name known to all. (+5000)

Ab Workouts With Injured Back

Gotta work my abs harder b/c I'm having a LOT of lower back problems (slipped disc). The back is being resolved through therapy, but I need some ab exercises that I can do that will NOT put impact on my spine.

Crunches, rope crunches, or any other sit up exercise on the floor spells trouble.

What are some ab exercises I can do that wont harm my back? Side bends are ideal for me - what about crunches on a decline bench? I can't do crunches on the rubber balls, either.
    WOOOO!

Calluses: Mother Nature's Potato Scrubbers

alam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alam has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I've got a sore lower back right now too, not as bad as you (just a muscle strain) and hanging leg raises have worked out for me well without giving me pain.
    Currently: 5'11" 180 lbs @ ?% BF, cutting

JessR. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JessR. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JessR. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JessR. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JessR. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JessR. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JessR. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JessR. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JessR. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Alam, how did you hurt your back? Sounds like mine right now.

alam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alam has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alam has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Just overworking myself with deadlifts one day ><
    Currently: 5'11" 180 lbs @ ?% BF, cutting

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by animal2b View Post
    Gotta work my abs harder b/c I'm having a LOT of lower back problems (slipped disc). The back is being resolved through therapy, but I need some ab exercises that I can do that will NOT put impact on my spine.

Crunches, rope crunches, or any other sit up exercise on the floor spells trouble.

What are some ab exercises I can do that wont harm my back? Side bends are ideal for me - what about crunches on a decline bench? I can't do crunches on the rubber balls, either.
    If you have a decline bench, you could do crunches on it. However, you need to make sure your back completely straight. No rounding. Leg lifts will also be beneficial in your situation.

See here for ideas: http://www.exrx.net/Lists/ExList/Wai...l#anchor172895
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

Overreach, rest, repeat.. stracin's Avatar
    stracin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stracin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stracin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stracin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stracin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stracin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stracin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stracin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stracin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stracin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stracin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hanging leg raises and leg lifts will tense your your hip flexors, this can cause a foward tilt of the pelivs, pelvis being pulled foward does what...anyone......hurts lower back. <--what you want to avoid.

Only thing I can think of are crunches though man. Sorry. But it's not typically strength that people lack. It's endurance. Cruches are just fine, just don't go past the "sticking point", keep your low back on the ground and do a lot.

Registered User dethmetalanimal's Avatar
    dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by animal2b View Post

how about asking your doctor or the therapy guys.