Mmmmbaato has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Early weight loss plateau... What's going wrong?

So about 3 weeks ago I started working out again, doing a 3 day full body split, and doing this I hit every muscle group twice a week. After each weightlifting workout I do anywhere from 20 to 30 minutes of High Intensity Interval Training with a jumprope at 30 second intervals of rest and 30 seconds of a burnout. I'm an 18 year old male, currently at 200.8 pounds at 23.2% body fat according to one of those hand held machines. I haven't been watching my macros and calories religiously, but I know for a fact that I am at a deficit of around 500 calories, if not more, and have completely eliminated unhealthy foods, like sweets, deserts, and have replaced white rice with brown rice and cut back on portions. I have also been intermittent fasting, with a 17 hour fast from 8PM to 1PM the next day. The first week and a half I saw a lot of weight loss, approximately 10-15 pounds, but since then I have plateaued and for the last week and a half I have been hovering from 200-205 pounds. I also started taking creatine and loaded for the first week, so I'm assuming some of the weight that is making me hover around this mark is water weight, and my weightlifting workouts are very intense, so I'm thinking I might be gaining muscle and losing fat at the same time, which is also causing my weight to plateau. I was just wondering what you guys think about this? Any recommendations?

My workout routine is as follows
    Chest/arms day:
    3x8 Dumbbell Decline bench
    3x8 Dumbbell Flat bench
    3x8 Dumbbell Incline bench
    2x12 Dumbbell Bicep Curls
    3x10 Cable curls
    3x10 Tricep push down (rope)
    3x10 Tricep push down (bar)

Leg day:
    10x10 Angled leg press, increasing 10-15 pounds each set
    3x10 Single leg curls
    3x10 Leg extensions

Back/Shoulder day:
    3x10 T-Bar Rows
    3x10 Lat pull down close grip
    3x10 Lat pull down wide grip
    3x10 Seated Cable rows
    3x10 Seated shoulder press Dumbells
    3x10 Shrug-Clean-Press Dumbells

Typically for lunch I have:
    Turkey Sandwich on whole wheat bread, with 1 slice of cheese: Approximately 300 Calories
    1 Apple, 1 Banana, 2 Clementines.
    This is my first meal of the day, and I will have 1 more meal at the end of day consisting of
    1 Cup of brown rice, Either chicken or beef or fish, 1 cup of salad, and usually a banana.

Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Mmmmbaato View Post
    So about 3 weeks ago I started working out again, doing a 3 day full body split, and doing this I hit every muscle group twice a week. After each weightlifting workout I do anywhere from 20 to 30 minutes of High Intensity Interval Training with a jumprope at 30 second intervals of rest and 30 seconds of a burnout. I'm an 18 year old male, currently at 200.8 pounds at 23.2% body fat according to one of those hand held machines. I haven't been watching my macros and calories religiously, but I know for a fact that I am at a deficit of around 500 calories, if not more, and have completely eliminated unhealthy foods, like sweets, deserts, and have replaced white rice with brown rice and cut back on portions. I have also been intermittent fasting, with a 17 hour fast from 8PM to 1PM the next day. The first week and a half I saw a lot of weight loss, approximately 10-15 pounds, but since then I have plateaued and for the last week and a half I have been hovering from 200-205 pounds. I also started taking creatine and loaded for the first week, so I'm assuming some of the weight that is making me hover around this mark is water weight, and my weightlifting workouts are very intense, so I'm thinking I might be gaining muscle and losing fat at the same time, which is also causing my weight to plateau. I was just wondering what you guys think about this? Any recommendations?

My workout routine is as follows
    Chest/arms day:
    3x8 Dumbbell Decline bench
    3x8 Dumbbell Flat bench
    3x8 Dumbbell Incline bench
    2x12 Dumbbell Bicep Curls
    3x10 Cable curls
    3x10 Tricep push down (rope)
    3x10 Tricep push down (bar)

Leg day:
    10x10 Angled leg press, increasing 10-15 pounds each set
    3x10 Single leg curls
    3x10 Leg extensions

Back/Shoulder day:
    3x10 T-Bar Rows
    3x10 Lat pull down close grip
    3x10 Lat pull down wide grip
    3x10 Seated Cable rows
    3x10 Seated shoulder press Dumbells
    3x10 Shrug-Clean-Press Dumbells

Typically for lunch I have:
    Turkey Sandwich on whole wheat bread, with 1 slice of cheese: Approximately 300 Calories
    1 Apple, 1 Banana, 2 Clementines.
    This is my first meal of the day, and I will have 1 more meal at the end of day consisting of
    1 Cup of brown rice, Either chicken or beef or fish, 1 cup of salad, and usually a banana.
    4. Buy a kitchen scale and weigh everything that you eat.
    5. Count calories using a site like MyFitnessPal. Here's how to count properly.

Also it is impossible to plateau after less than 2 weeks.

Thrqne will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thrqne will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thrqne will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thrqne will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thrqne will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thrqne will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thrqne will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thrqne will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thrqne will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thrqne will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thrqne will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you are staying the same weight it's the following:
    1. You are gaining muscle, as you lose Fat.
    2. You are not eating at a deficit

Count your calories, and lower them even more till you start losing.
    My Weight Loss Journey:
    Started On Feb 2012: 310 Pounds

Maxpowers88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxpowers88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxpowers88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxpowers88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxpowers88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxpowers88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxpowers88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxpowers88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxpowers88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxpowers88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxpowers88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    do you know your maintenance and **** dude?

cutting portions could mean anything who know how big your servings could be..
    weigh it all up

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    adjust caloric values after three weeks. Count cals, if you have time to eat, you have time to count and weigh/measure.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

Thanks for all the responses people! Working on getting a kitchen scale and getting as serious about the food aspect as I am about the workout aspect. Do you guys think that the water weight and the noob gains could be a factor in this hovering I'm experiencing though?

Originally Posted by Maxpowers88 View Post
    do you know your maintenance and **** dude?

cutting portions could mean anything who know how big your servings could be..
    weigh it all up
    My maintenance, according to some of the online formulas is 2600 calories. I used to eat pretty unhealthy food, and a lot of it at that. I'm just confused because I know for a fact I am eating less, and much healthier. As I said, I'm working on getting a scale so I can count calories for effectively, but it just confuses the hell out of me that I can be doing all this work for little to no weight loss. Thanks for the reply man!