Tomsinite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Just Started Cutting, How does my plan look? ...W/PICS

Hey guys, i just started my cutting cycle after bulking for a straight year. Went from 170 to 215 in that time and i think im like 17-18%bf. I realy want to get lean now and finally get the six pack ive wanted my whole life. Soo, 3 days ago i started intermittent fasting (eating from 10am-6pm then fasting)with 2400 calories a day with high protein. Im not counting carbs,but im just watching what i eat thats carby. ive continued stregnth training with intensity but added cardio 3-4 times a week. Realy just looking for advice and feedback about my plan, and if you guys think my caloric intake is good.?(dont want to loose much if any muscle). Thanks for ay advice, and if you guys would like to see me update this weekly with pics i will!!

Stats- 6'2 tall, weight- 215
    This is me at my current weight, would what you say my bf% is also
    Attached Images

HighlyPotent has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HighlyPotent has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HighlyPotent has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HighlyPotent has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HighlyPotent has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HighlyPotent has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HighlyPotent has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HighlyPotent has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HighlyPotent has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HighlyPotent has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HighlyPotent has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    you've got some good mass man, and your not even that fat, id say your around the 16% mark. Just eat at those calories for 2 weeks, if the weights dropping, stick to it.

bump

bumpageeee

druss757 will become famous soon enough. (+50) druss757 will become famous soon enough. (+50) druss757 will become famous soon enough. (+50) druss757 will become famous soon enough. (+50) druss757 will become famous soon enough. (+50) druss757 will become famous soon enough. (+50) druss757 will become famous soon enough. (+50) druss757 will become famous soon enough. (+50) druss757 will become famous soon enough. (+50) druss757 will become famous soon enough. (+50) druss757 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sounds solid, cutting down on carbs/ cycling them on off days has helped me in the past, but go ahead and see if any problems occur in the next two weeks, goodluckk bro

R055 will become famous soon enough. (+50) R055 will become famous soon enough. (+50) R055 will become famous soon enough. (+50) R055 will become famous soon enough. (+50) R055 will become famous soon enough. (+50) R055 will become famous soon enough. (+50) R055 will become famous soon enough. (+50) R055 will become famous soon enough. (+50) R055 will become famous soon enough. (+50) R055 will become famous soon enough. (+50) R055 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nice lats bro. Looking pretty big. Just eat at a deficit and do some light cardio and you'll be there in no time
    Train. Eat. Sleep. Repeat.

Originally Posted by R055 View Post
    Nice lats bro. Looking pretty big. Just eat at a deficit and do some light cardio and you'll be there in no time
    Thanks dude.. Will do

KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Looking good - chest is nice. (no homo)
    As for your cut; good luck, and keep weight loss to no more than 1lb per week. Any more than that, and you could potentially lose muscle. Try to keep protein high, at 1.5g per lb of bodyweight.

royalz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) royalz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) royalz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) royalz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) royalz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) royalz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) royalz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) royalz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) royalz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) royalz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) royalz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    got some nice mass
    Currently on a cut.
    Starting Weight: 180
    Goal 9-10%

Best Lifts Last updated: 02/10/13

Bench: 235 1x1 *while cutting
    Deadlift: 335 1x1 *while cutting
    Squat: 265 1x2
    Military Press: 135 1x3
    Barbell Row: 205 1x5

Follow me on twitter @kevinmkoehler

Wiked94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would suggest that you switch your starch rich carbs like rice, oats and potatoes to yellow turnips, cauliflower, broccoli etc. That change in your diet would reduce your daily calorie intake and it wouldn't be a dramatic change as you wanted to maintain your muscle and cut slowly. Also make sure that you get enough good fats to keep your "fat metabolism" going. On a cut pork could be eliminated from diet as it usually contains fat that is not so welcome. Herring and salmon are very good choices for meat with healthy fats. Have those in some of your meals and on other meals eat lean meat like chicken, turkey. On a cut fibre is also important, so seeds and nuts are good.
    Summary: Lower your starch intake, make sure the fats you get are healthy fats, get fibre and above all else make sure you are in a calorie deficit. Depending on how fast you want to cut, you can up your cardio accordingly. Hope that helped.

agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Wiked94 View Post
    I would suggest that you switch your starch rich carbs like rice, oats and potatoes to yellow turnips, cauliflower, broccoli etc. That change in your diet would reduce your daily calorie intake and it wouldn't be a dramatic change as you wanted to maintain your muscle and cut slowly. Also make sure that you get enough good fats to keep your "fat metabolism" going. On a cut pork could be eliminated from diet as it usually contains fat that is not so welcome. Herring and salmon are very good choices for meat with healthy fats. Have those in some of your meals and on other meals eat lean meat like chicken, turkey. On a cut fibre is also important, so seeds and nuts are good.
    Summary: Lower your starch intake, make sure the fats you get are healthy fats, get fibre and above all else make sure you are in a calorie deficit. Depending on how fast you want to cut, you can up your cardio accordingly. Hope that helped.
    Definitely wouldn't take any of this advice except for the emphasis on fiber. Since you're 217 at 6'2 I'm assuming your cals were around 3500+ for bulking to jump down to 2400 immediately you're gonna lose muscle mass. I'd drop 400 calories initially for the first week and see how much water weight I lost due to a decrease in carbs then I'd drop 100-200 calories the next week and continue to decrease slowly. Getting healthy fats may be more beneficial for you but I'm not convinced its going to make all that much of a difference. Also switching from starches to veggies will do nothing in terms of body composition except increase fiber.

Wiked94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by agrier9 View Post
    Definitely wouldn't take any of this advice except for the emphasis on fiber. Since you're 217 at 6'2 I'm assuming your cals were around 3500+ for bulking to jump down to 2400 immediately you're gonna lose muscle mass. I'd drop 400 calories initially for the first week and see how much water weight I lost due to a decrease in carbs then I'd drop 100-200 calories the next week and continue to decrease slowly. Getting healthy fats may be more beneficial for you but I'm not convinced its going to make all that much of a difference. Also switching from starches to veggies will do nothing in terms of body composition except increase fiber.
    So are you telling me that 100 grams of cauliflower has the same amount of calories as 100 grams of rice? Because they dont.

Originally Posted by agrier9 View Post
    Thanks dude..I was worried Dropping straight to 2400 would make me loose some muscle, so I'm gunna up it a little

anybdy else??

JStrizz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JStrizz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JStrizz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JStrizz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JStrizz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JStrizz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JStrizz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JStrizz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JStrizz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JStrizz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JStrizz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good size, nice lats; good chest development.

I don't get why you would go for the fasting instead of just a regular ~2400 calorie diet, but that's probably beyond me. Mind explaining why you're choosing to do it that way?

Originally Posted by JStrizz View Post
    Good size, nice lats; good chest development.

I don't get why you would go for the fasting instead of just a regular ~2400 calorie diet, but that's probably beyond me. Mind explaining why you're choosing to do it that way?
    ive heard good things about intermittent fasting, some say theirs no science behind it, but i dont mind because i also feel it gives me a strict time frame to follow so im less likely overeat.... but thats just the way i think

anybody elsee

Ostinex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Tomsinite View Post
    anybody elsee
    lats of peace

agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000) agrier9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    So are you telling me that 100 grams of cauliflower has the same amount of calories as 100 grams of rice? Because they dont.
    No I'm not saying that at all; I don't know how many calories either has. What I am saying is that you're suggesting he decrease his calories further which would definitely be detrimental at the moment.

bumppp

BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    holy mother of god BROSCIENCE

BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10) BennettC is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    just my 2 cents, i would cut the carbs and up the cardio. a doctor who also happens to be a bodybuilder told me that 2400 is as low as a male should really go and suggested burning more calories instead. nice mass btw

Originally Posted by BennettC View Post
    just my 2 cents, i would cut the carbs and up the cardio. a doctor who also happens to be a bodybuilder told me that 2400 is as low as a male should really go and suggested burning more calories instead. nice mass btw
    thanks dude.. repped

just letting everyone know i will be updating this with pics every week so look forward to it!!!

ฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎ ๎๎๎๎๎ HowsMyClutch's Avatar
    HowsMyClutch is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HowsMyClutch is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HowsMyClutch is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HowsMyClutch is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HowsMyClutch is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HowsMyClutch is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HowsMyClutch is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HowsMyClutch is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HowsMyClutch is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HowsMyClutch is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HowsMyClutch is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by BennettC View Post
    CLIFFS
    >Calls out bro.
    >Says cutting under 2400 cals is bad for you.
    *no sig crew*

down 5 pounds... probably all water weight... also feeling a little weaker and losing stamina