Datbulkstatus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Optimal rep ranges for different muscle groups?

From what I already know, the optimal rep range for hypertrophy is 8-12 reps. I was just wondering if certain muscles like lats and chest for example react better to low or high reps, or if its all about preference and your body? If you've found an optimal rep range for each muscle please post here, I'm currently doing everything upper body 8 reps and then legs and abs 12 reps

Breaking Big Barriers TGA Georgep93's Avatar
    Georgep93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgep93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgep93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgep93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgep93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgep93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgep93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgep93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgep93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgep93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgep93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    A lot of case studies have proven that time under tension (TUT) is more effective than choosing to go higher or lower in repetitions.

Between 45 seconds and 1 minute of time under tension has been proven in lots of studies to have given the weightlifters the best results in strength and mass gain in the gym.

For instance, you can do 6 reps, 10 seconds on each rep (5 up 5 down with a high weight) or, you can do 10 reps, 6 seconds on each rep (3 up 3 down with a moderate weight).

I wouldn't say a rep-range is a good way to workout personally, because most of the time you feel like you can get out 1-2 more reps, so you're not pushing yourself.
    When you want to succeed, as bad as you want to breathe... then you'll be successful.

Instagram: @GeorgePFitness93 - Consistent persistency. That is the key.
    YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC27cXR7wvyLZSCSMYkB2-fg

Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000)
    6-8 Rep range for stuff like squats imo
    8-12 for isolations etc
    EDIT#2: (lol) save time under tension techniques for isolations and safer exercises. I don't think doing a slower negative on squats is very beneficial or safe

Breaking Big Barriers TGA Georgep93's Avatar
    Georgep93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgep93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgep93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgep93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgep93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgep93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgep93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgep93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgep93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgep93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgep93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DerekEt View Post
    NOBODY does 45 seconds - 1 minute of time under tension that is on stage.

NOBODY .
    I didn't say they did. What I'm saying is, studies have proven that using time under tension has worked better than using a rep-range.

Most Real bodybuilder's on stage are all on so many supplements you'd have to spend an hour listening to them telling you what they were on so you could write it all down. People like us don't use so many.
    When you want to succeed, as bad as you want to breathe... then you'll be successful.

Instagram: @GeorgePFitness93 - Consistent persistency. That is the key.
    YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC27cXR7wvyLZSCSMYkB2-fg

Registered User ClubFootMonster's Avatar
    ClubFootMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClubFootMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClubFootMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClubFootMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClubFootMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClubFootMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClubFootMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClubFootMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClubFootMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClubFootMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClubFootMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    For the most part the small muscles will all react great to that rep range but, from my experience going with lower reps on chest made my chest grow a lot faster then high reps. I do use high reps with pec flys since they can put strain on your shoulder joint. Also you can work legs on a higher rep range say 12-18 and get great results to but you won't be building the power you would get from low reps and heavy weight and, with the back I would deadlift heavy and focus on contraction of the back for optimal muscle growth with the rows and pulldowns. Anyone can jerk a 90lbs dumbell of the ground but it isn't doing much if you don't get a good contraction of the muscle.

Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    8-12 controlled reps. Don't over complicate it
    ~Jesus Christ Is My Savior Crew~

The land at the end of our toes goes on and on,
    The sand at the core of our bones continues on

Hey I just met you. And this is crazy. But today is chest day. So spot me maybe?

Art thou prone to such insurmountable force upon thou biceps?