MaggieMoo2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MaggieMoo2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MaggieMoo2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MaggieMoo2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MaggieMoo2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MaggieMoo2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MaggieMoo2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MaggieMoo2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MaggieMoo2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MaggieMoo2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MaggieMoo2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Hi new to the site

Hi all, Take two... I posted this thread on another section of the forum... Let's hope I get it right this time.

Mary from Melbourne Australia here, am new to the site, not sure if I am on the right section or not. (Apologies if I am not. )But just wanted to introduce myself. Nothing fancy really. Am an ex-ballroom dancer who couldn't strut her stuff on the dance floor recently, due to excess weight and severe breathing issues. So here we go. Time to move the excess weight. Thought it was my age stopping me, but had ex-dancer friends I knew; who were older than me, stirring up a blast on the dance floor. Was terribly embarrassed. And very depressed.
    So here I am ready to change my ways. 10 years of habit (eating and lazing around) are about to be thrown out the window.
    Any tips to restart would be gratefully appreciated.
    Regards
    Mary
    Yesterday’s excuse gives you a reason to violate
    And because today’s reasoning is not the truth
    Tomorrow’s answers will never be enough
    (one of my own)

HipAlbatross will become famous soon enough. (+50) HipAlbatross will become famous soon enough. (+50) HipAlbatross will become famous soon enough. (+50) HipAlbatross will become famous soon enough. (+50) HipAlbatross will become famous soon enough. (+50) HipAlbatross will become famous soon enough. (+50) HipAlbatross will become famous soon enough. (+50) HipAlbatross will become famous soon enough. (+50) HipAlbatross will become famous soon enough. (+50) HipAlbatross will become famous soon enough. (+50) HipAlbatross will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would say a good start would be to start tracking everything you eat. There is a thread stickied at the top of the nutrition forum, it tells you how to calculate your nutrition needs. It's a great place to start and gives you something to hit towards. Weight loss is 75% diet, 25% exercise.

I prefer lifting as my form of exercise. Are you looking for a lifting program or something else?

dogetta will become famous soon enough. (+50) dogetta will become famous soon enough. (+50) dogetta will become famous soon enough. (+50) dogetta will become famous soon enough. (+50) dogetta will become famous soon enough. (+50) dogetta will become famous soon enough. (+50) dogetta will become famous soon enough. (+50) dogetta will become famous soon enough. (+50) dogetta will become famous soon enough. (+50) dogetta will become famous soon enough. (+50) dogetta will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Welcome your never too old. Great amt of info on this site the sticky's are a good place to start.
    Living life clean and loving it!!

MaggieMoo2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MaggieMoo2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MaggieMoo2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MaggieMoo2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MaggieMoo2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MaggieMoo2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MaggieMoo2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MaggieMoo2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MaggieMoo2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MaggieMoo2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MaggieMoo2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks Hipalbatross. Am looking at using weights at home and a diet program. So a bit of both really.

Thanks dogetta, you're right about age being no barrier. I guess I learnt that the hard way.

Thanks to you both, I will look at the stickys.
    Cheers
    Mary
    (one of my own)

Mr Flexy's Happy Protégé LisaSkinnoble's Avatar
    LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Welcome aboard, Maggie!
    No drama: You know where we are.

Hello and welcome to our newest member jackbauer.

Meet stats:
    April 2017 - 235/135/270
    Aug 2017 - 245/125/285

Thanks muchly Lisa
    Cheers
    Mary
    (one of my own)

MsFatLossBoss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Welcome!! I'm so excited for you and your new journey! I used to dance also with my college dance team and some semi pro sports teams - I've ALWAYS wanted to try ballroom dancing! I agree with HipAlbatross, diet IS KEY. My motto is diet right, body tight. Please keep us posted, I'm totally rooting for you!
    Fatlosslikeaboss.com

********:
    http://www.********.com/FatLossLikeaBoss

Instagram:
    Ms_FatLoss_LikeABoss

Thanks msfatlossboss. That was so warm and heartfelt.

My goal is that dancefloor again. You should try ballroom, so elegant and a lot of stamina is needed. I'll do it again. Thanks again and will keep you posted.
    Thanks dear.
    Cheers
    Mary
    (one of my own)

Mr Flexy's Happy Protégé LisaSkinnoble's Avatar
    LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MaggieMoo2 View Post
    Thanks msfatlossboss. That was so warm and heartfelt.

My goal is that dancefloor again. You should try ballroom, so elegant and a lot of stamina is needed. I'll do it again. Thanks again and will keep you posted.
    Thanks dear.
    Cheers
    Mary

You sure sound determined, Miss Maggie! Looking forward to seeing vids of your dancing.

Then maybe you can give some pointers to this auld biddy with two left feet.
    No drama: You know where we are.

Hello and welcome to our newest member jackbauer.

Meet stats:
    April 2017 - 235/135/270
    Aug 2017 - 245/125/285

Certainly am

But dancing is easy; really. Like working out with weights. Once you are shown it's just practice. First dance I ever learnt was the Box Step from the Foxtrot. It's so easy. It's exactly what it says it is. A step made by your legs in the form of a box. I believe there are many videos on Youtube about dance and that step would definitely be one. But I'd gladly upload pics or videos when I reach my goal.

Cheers
    Mary
    (one of my own)

gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000)
    welcome Mary...if youre willing to put in the work youll never lack for a cheering section here!

Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Welcome aboard Mary! I can't remember whether I posted this in your other thread but check out this post... It's a good place to start!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post996054353

Originally Posted by gailh View Post
    welcome Mary...if youre willing to put in the work youll never lack for a cheering section here!
    Thanks Gail, I am willing. I have to put in the work now. My health depends on it.

Originally Posted by Botika View Post
    Welcome aboard Mary! I can't remember whether I posted this in your other thread but check out this post... It's a good place to start!...
    Oh yes Botika, you did. Thanks again. I'll check it out. Have been looking over things on the site. There's so much to read. But I'll get there eventually.
    Cheers to you both
    Mary
    (one of my own)

Giffer666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    welcome, )

Originally Posted by Giffer666 View Post
    welcome, )
    Thanks muchly Griffer666
    (one of my own)

Registered User sharmaalisha807's Avatar
    sharmaalisha807 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah i am also here new.

Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by sharmaalisha807 View Post
    Yeah i am also here new.
    Welcome

Originally Posted by sharmaalisha807 View Post
    Yeah i am also here new.
    Oh and welcome to you.
    (one of my own)

Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Welcome Maggie, it's great to see another Aussie here! All the best in hitting your goals :-)

Originally Posted by Lou1se View Post
    Welcome Maggie, it's great to see another Aussie here! All the best in hitting your goals :-)
    Thanks kindly Lou1se. Yes a Melbournite here. Today I do my first major workout. Have spent the week sorting out my fridge, pantry and a workout program. I have worked out on the eliptic traininer on New Years Eve, only because I was at my sisters place and she owns one. But other than the odd small treadmil workout, I hadn't quite worked out a program. I finished sorting the program out yesterday and now it's time to go - go - go. It's going to be a tough road as I have been sedentary for quite some years now. (Occupational hazard) But no excuses now.
    Wish me luck
    Cheers
    Mary
    (one of my own)