Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Lift1Or4Die is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lift1Or4Die is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lift1Or4Die is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lift1Or4Die is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lift1Or4Die is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lift1Or4Die is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lift1Or4Die is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lift1Or4Die is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lift1Or4Die is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lift1Or4Die is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lift1Or4Die is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Deployment Diet for Kris Gethen's 12 week hardcore: Reps for critics on my diet!

Ok, so I'm deployed in Afghanistan and I'm on day 11 of Kris Gethen's 12 week hardcore diet. I try to follow what he is recommending, however some foods are literally impossible to get here and the only solid foods I get are the three meals the DFAC serves daily. I need some help with my diet because I don't want to go so hard that I lose valuble muscle, yet I want to lose fat as well. I am not narrowminded and looking for any advice anybody may have. Below is my current meal plan:

Meal 1 (Breakfast): 4 Boiled Eggs (whites only), 1 cup of oatmeal w/ half scoop protein powder
    Meal 2 (Mid-Morning): Protein Shake: 20g Carb, 2g Sugar, 38g protein
    Meal 3 (Lunch): Meat (Beef or Chicken), veggies (carrots and green beans if DFAC is serving them), cucumber slices, and sometimes a salad w/NO dressing
    Meal 4 (Mid-Afternoon/Pre-Workout): Protein Shake: 20g Carb, 2g Sugar, 38g protein
    Meal 5 (Dinner which is right after workout): Meat (Beef or Chicken), veggies (carrots and green beans if DFAC is serving them), cucumber slices, and sometimes a salad w/NO dressing
    Meal 6 (2 hours after Dinner): Protein Shake: 20g Carb, 2g Sugar, 38g protein
    Meal 7 (before bed if meal 6 was 2hrs prior): Protein Shake: 20g Carb, 2g Sugar, 38g protein OR Special K Protein Meal bar which has 26g Carb, 15g Sugar, 10g Protein

Now, I probebly need to cut the Special K bar out although it is a nice pace-changer over the usual protein shake. I can get dry oatmeal if that means anything (like if I should be increasing my carbs by adding oatmeal to my shakes, although trying to cut I'm not sure if I want to). I also get free protein meal shakes (like a meal replacement). For lunch and dinner I always have a choice of a beef dish or chicken dish, however sometimes the beef isnt lean and may be packed with sodium. Somtimes I will get yams for lunch if it is availible (rare) but it comes with loaded sodium as well. Also, we NEVER get fish because where I'm at we can't hold frozen foods.

I am thinking of increasing my cardio, but I'm unsure of the ramifications it will take on muscle tissue. I try to keep it at 20mins and less than 130 bpm.

So there you have it, like I said, I would love to hear any input on how I can cut weight but maintain the muscle that I am growing on the 12 week hardcore. The only solid food complex carb I can get my hands on is oatmeal and I am trying to stay away from white starches and sodium like the plague.

Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    read the stickies...learn that food names dont matter and learn that tracking and getting proper dietary fat is vital and come back with proper questions.
    "Voracious Overeaters Crew" (JasonDB) lol

Starting weight 235 lbs(April 2012) - Oct 29/12 159.1 lbs (FAIL)

Starting weight again 230 -235 lbs May 2015 - Nov 2015.. 211.9

Bulking

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You've selected a diet that is designed to help sell supplements, regardless of the damage done to you, the consumer (better known in the industry as the sucker).

Don't be a victim. Learn the basics about nutrition by reading the stickie. Start here.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    You've selected a diet that is designed to help sell supplements, regardless of the damage done to you, the consumer (better known in the industry as the sucker).

Don't be a victim. Learn the basics about nutrition by reading the stickie. Start here.

Came in here to post ^^^^ This.

Gethin is a supplement salesman. His advices are pretty much BS.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Lift1Or4Die is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lift1Or4Die is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lift1Or4Die is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lift1Or4Die is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lift1Or4Die is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lift1Or4Die is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lift1Or4Die is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lift1Or4Die is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lift1Or4Die is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lift1Or4Die is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lift1Or4Die is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Sorry, but I haven't spent a dime on BB.com nor have I purchased any of his supplement reccomendations. I got the very basics that anybody would have in their stack and I found his workouts to be pretty good. I simply had a question in regards to my diet, not my workout selection. Now, if the format of my question didn't meet your intent, fine fair enough. If you can't provide me some good feedback or at least advice then please don't waste my time nor yours.

WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Lift1Or4Die View Post
    Sorry, but I haven't spent a dime on BB.com nor have I purchased any of his supplement reccomendations. I got the very basics that anybody would have in their stack and I found his workouts to be pretty good. I simply had a question in regards to my diet, not my workout selection. Now, if the format of my question didn't meet your intent, fine fair enough. If you can't provide me some good feedback or at least advice then please don't waste my time nor yours.
    You sound like the perfect "consumer" for the information he is peddling.

You don't know that meal timing and frequency are simply a function of personal preference. That supplements are unnecessary, unless your diet is deficient (and why should your diet be deficient???). Heck, you don't even know that the names of the foods you eat do not determine the outcome of your diet, as daily energy balance and micro/macronutrient sufficiency govern.

And, perhaps the most telling sign that you're the "consumer" they target is that you didn't even bother educating yourself by reading the sticky linked to above.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    If you can't provide me some good feedback or at least advice then please don't waste my time nor yours.
    I'll try not to waste any more of your time. And I won't waste any more of mine by 'critiquing' a BS plan. Gethin's advices are mostly BS. I don't know how else to say it.

My best advice to you is to go back to post #3, point and click on the highlighted word, "here," and start educating yourself.

Good luck meeting your fitness goals for 2012.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sorry, but I haven't spent a dime on BB.com nor have I purchased any of his supplement reccomendations. I got the very basics that anybody would have in their stack
    That's a bit contradictory. You say you haven't spent money on supplements then say you bought supplements.

The supplements not needed. Otherwise they wouldn't be "supplements".

I don't have any kind of stack. I don't have protein powder creatine or anything of the sort and I believe I'm doing just fine.

Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    What is it with these guys coming on here..begging for advice then being total douches and bash all the guys who try and show them what they are doing is senseless and useless.

Bulking

^^^ They're are seeking confirmation and an attaboy, not accurate information let alone vectors to educational material.

Originally Posted by ThousandEyes View Post
    That's a bit contradictory. You say you haven't spent money on supplements then say you bought supplements.

The supplements not needed. Otherwise they wouldn't be "supplements".

I don't have any kind of stack. I don't have protein powder creatine or anything of the sort and I believe I'm doing just fine.
    Sorry, let me clarify what I meant since you did not understand. I have not bought any supplements on BB.com, I have gotten the few supps I do take elsewhere. You do take supplements right? At least a multi-vitamin? Because obviously you missed my point.

Originally Posted by Tdiguy View Post
    What is it with these guys coming on here..begging for advice then being total douches and bash all the guys who try and show them what they are doing is senseless and useless.
    Sorry, I didn't beg anybody for advice. I came onto a nutrition forum because I wanted advice about my diet while deployed in Afghanistan. I got a link (which I can't read and digest its educational content because its almost midnight here) but I will read that in the morning and possible learn some things.

Instead I basically got told that my workout plan was wrong and that it was a consumer ploy to get me to buy supps. Sorry, I didn't ask about my workout plan, just the diet. Also, I didn't ask for anybody's opinion on Kris Gethin either. I know he is marketing, but the fact is that I felt like lifting some weights and liked his program and decided to go with it.

I got it if the format isn't in the way it is requested around here. Somebody said read the stickies and I will.

I also don't seek "attaboys" either. If I wanted an attaboy, I wouldn't have done it by asking a simple questions.

Sorry, let me clarify what I meant since you did not understand. I have not bought any supplements on BB.com, I have gotten the few supps I do take elsewhere. You do take supplements right? At least a multi-vitamin? Because obviously you missed my point.
    Yah we all missed your point...was it right before or after you asked for help yet refuse to listen to it?

Bulking

You do take supplements right? At least a multi-vitamin?
    Of course not, as my diet isn't deficient.

Plus, why accept the health risks and diminished efficiency that is associated with taking a multivitamin? You don't know what I mean? Well, please read:

http://aje.oxfordjournals.org/conten...wq447.abstract
    http://jama.ama-assn.org/content/297/8/842.abstract
    http://www.ajcn.org/content/78/3/517...urcetype=HWCIT
    http://www.ajcn.org/content/79/6/1060.full

Yah we all missed your point...was it right before or after you asked for help yet refuse to listen to it?
    Sorry, you are obviously a troll. Please read my post above. Have a good day.

Oh even classier neg me for giving you advice....LOL

Your deficient in dietary fat as i stated in post 2 yet you ignore it, If you enjoy using your penis i think you should rethink it... you have way to many supplements and your workout routine is lacking and will leave you spinning your wheels and wasting your time.

Tell me what is the point of lifting weights and not using a program that will give maximum results?....You rather sleep with ugly girls to because someone else made that plan for you?

Negged me what a tool

Bulking

Oh even classier neg me for giving you advice....LOL

Your deficient in dietary fat as i stated in post 2 yet you ignore it, If you enjoy using your penis i think you should rethink it... you have way to many supplements and your workout routine is lacking and will leave you spinning your wheels and wasting your time.

Tell me what is the point of lifting weights and not using a program that will give maximum results?....You rather sleep with ugly girls to because someone else made that plan for you?

Negged me what a tool
    Dude, didn't ask for advice on workout routine or supps. Diet my friend, I asked about a diet. I know its hard to focus on that and I already got my answer, you told me to read the stickies and I said I would. It's really amusing though to see you so worked up about my workout plan.

Dude, didn't ask for advice on workout routine or supps. Diet my friend, I asked about a diet. I know its hard to focus on that and I already got my answer, you told me to read the stickies and I said I would. It's really amusing though to see you so worked up about my workout plan.
    Well your diet is great replace food with powders is the best....Your workout is awesome youill be the hulk in no time keep it up...Is that more what you wanted to hear.

Not SRS

Bulking

ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

The problem is your diet is primarily made of supplements. (Protein shakes, etc.)

I do take a multi but only when I feel I need it, which is not that often. It's not necessary, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

The others are trying to help you not knock you, they have the experience to tell you there are better programs that suit your goals than the one that you are currently on.

If you prefer to eat 6 times a day and consume protein powder than that's great! If you don't or you'd rather do otherwise, you can and still see the same results.

Sushimaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sushimaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sushimaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sushimaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sushimaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sushimaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sushimaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sushimaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sushimaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sushimaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sushimaster is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I follow chris s workout plan but not nutrition plan nor supplements plan, because those 2 are bs, he basicly tell everyone not to drink milk and eat fruit, also dont touch a gram of fat too. WTF kinda advice is that, if u watch his program s video, he got sick 3 times in little as 3 months, terrible diet is the cause.

MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ThousandEyes View Post
    The problem is your diet is primarily made of supplements. (Protein shakes, etc.)

I do take a multi but only when I feel I need it, which is not that often. It's not necessary, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

The others are trying to help you not knock you, they have the experience to tell you there are better programs that suit your goals than the one that you are currently on.

If you prefer to eat 7 times a day and consume protein powder than that's great! If you don't or you'd rather do otherwise, you can and still see the same results.
    fixed

Originally Posted by Sushimaster View Post
    I follow chris s workout plan but not nutrition plan nor supplements plan, because those 2 are bs, he basicly tell everyone not to drink milk and eat fruit, also dont touch a gram of fat too. WTF kinda advice is that, if u watch his program s video, he got sick 3 times in little as 3 months, terrible diet is the cause.
    It may be time to take a step back and think.... If this idiot creates diets that make him sick and are useless why in gods name am i following a lifting program he created?

Bulking

tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    '
    I think most agree its not a great workout plan either.

Sushimaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sushimaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sushimaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sushimaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sushimaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sushimaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sushimaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sushimaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sushimaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sushimaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sushimaster is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It may be time to take a step back and think.... If this idiot creates diets that make him sick and are useless why in gods name am i following a lifting program he created?
    Well, i lost 10 pounds following his tranining for 12 weeks so its not that bad tho, still i dont do cardio 2x a days morning and evening everyday like in the program, just do 25 mins 5 x a week since am on a cut so i think am not following his workout plan to the teeth either. Still, was searching around the workout section and found out alot more better working routine, gonna start new routine in 1-2 weeks when am starting to bulk again, cant wait!

Well, i lost 10 pounds following his tranining for 12 weeks so its not that bad tho, still i dont do cardio 2x a days morning and evening everyday like in the program, just do 25 mins 5 x a week since am on a cut so i think am not following his workout plan to the teeth either. Still, was searching around the workout section and found out alot more better working routine, gonna start new routine in 1-2 weeks when am starting to bulk again, cant wait!
    I lost 64 following a proper lifting program....what is the point? Lifting doesnt make you lose weight calorie deficit does a proper lifting routine is the difference from losing weight and losing fat and looking good...ie abs, better muscle definition

Bulking

necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Weight loss is primarily diet dependant. Your lifting program plays a much smaller part.
    Delirious Mutant.

Well, i lost 10 pounds following his tranining for 12 weeks so its not that bad tho
    That simply means that you were consuming ~450 calories less than you expended per day on average.

And that's part of the problem with his program. He asserts that specific foods, specific supplement specific meal frequency, specific meal timing, specific exercises, etc. are causative, where it's just a simply calorie deficit that is what actually worked. Everything else is just nonsense.

Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    That simply means that you were consuming ~450 calories less than you expended per day on average.

And that's part of the problem with his program. He asserts that specific foods, specific supplement specific meal frequency, specific meal timing, specific exercises, etc. are causative, where it's just a simply calorie deficit that is what actually worked. Everything else is just nonsense.
    Ya, i was eating under maintenance, at around 2200 cals, tdee is 2600 cals.

Ya, i was eating under maintenance, at around 2200 cals, tdee is 2600 cals.
    There you have it folks. Good night/day

Well your diet is great replace food with powders is the best....Your workout is awesome youill be the hulk in no time keep it up...Is that more what you wanted to hear.

Not SRS
    You and thousandeyes are saying that my diet is primarily supplements (i.e. protein shakes). I bet you didn't read the part of my post that says I'm deployed in Afghanistan and the DFAC (dining facility) only serves 3 meals a day. I also have nowhere to by my own food nor do I have much of any options. So my friend, how do you maintain healthy food intake in a place where your only source of food is 3 times daily? Maybe I could grow my own food out here, Afghanistan is pretty dry though. I don't think you quite understand because maybe you've never deployed and had to sacrifice anything to serve your country. You also have everything you want/need right there at a moments notice, I don't. Like I said, if you don't have anything valuble to say, your just waisting your time.