Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well looks like the little carb load/cheat was just what my body needed. The past 2 days my sugars sat around 200 to 300, and now it is 65...

Makes no sense at all. It is all hormones...something needed a little resetting
    Type 1 Diabetic - Since age 15
    Luke 1:37 "For NOTHING is impossible with God"

INSTAGRAM: StevenGFH Follow me!

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.
    SCIENCE - INNOVATION - QUALITY - RESULTS
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/all/all.htm

Disclaimer: All forum or bulletin board posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not necessarily reflect the views of ALLMAX

xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    well today was a bit stressful. Work mainly. But wife texts me at 3:30 and said the power was out it kicked back shortly after but killed the electric start on the furnace

54 degrees in the house. My busy brought a heater for us. Cannot get a hold of our landlord. So a little pissed

And with all this stress, just like the weak minded fat fuuu I was years ago I went off diet abit. Like 500 to 600 cals nothing major. But I am so mad at myself now!!!!!!!

That means torturous session of cardio on the step mill tomorrow

Did have a good workout, I will get it posted tomorrow

I no longer want to live in NY I cannot stand this cold weather anymore!!!!

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

Disclaimer: All forum or bulletin board posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not necessarily reflect the views of ALLMAX

Well decided today I am going to pull a 24 Hour fast. So around 11 tonight I will have something to eat.

Here is yesterdays arm workout:

Triceps Pushdown w/ 1 second squeeze:
    35 x 12
    45 x 12
    55 x 12
    65 x 12

Close Grip Bench Press:
    This is one exercise I never can really feel in my triceps, unless on a smith...
    95 x 12
    135 x 10
    185 x 9

Dead Extensions: 60 seconds rest
    Like a deadlift for the triceps

45 x 15
    50 x 15
    60 x 15

*One minute triceps stretch*

Alternate Hammer Curls:
    30 x 10/side
    35 x 10/side
    40 x 12/side

Incline DB Curls: - both arms same time
    25 x 8 Sat on a regular bench and leaned back because some dude was using the last incline bench to kick his legs over it....some people....
    27.5 x 8 Hit failure, using 45 Degree bench
    25 x 8 50 degree

Arm Blaster Curls with 3 Second negative:
    This arm blaster was real uncomfortable, didnotlike/10, but I do love how big arm blasters make the arms look
    50 x 8
    60 x 8

*One minute biceps stretch*

Then did some ab work

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    24 hour fast lol no thanks
    Just get back on the diet use it as a refeed and push forward brother

Just remember and don't let it happen again better now than 2 weeks out ya know?
    Stay strong

Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    24 hour fast lol no thanks
    Just get back on the diet use it as a refeed and push forward brother

Just remember and don't let it happen again better now than 2 weeks out ya know?
    Stay strong
    I wasnt going to fast because of what I ate yesterday, I do it from time to time, I have nothing to do today. Well that fast lasted until about 10 mins ago lol. If I am busy I can go all day without eating (still hungry but I can do it) But I have been sitting on my ass since 8am lol

just thinking about food

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

Originally Posted by xStevenx View Post
    I wasnt going to fast because of what I ate yesterday, I do it from time to time, I have nothing to do today. Well that fast lasted until about 10 mins ago lol. If I am busy I can go all day without eating (still hungry but I can do it) But I have been sitting on my ass since 8am lol

just thinking about food
    Why do you feel the 24 hour fasts benefit you on your prep especially being Type I Diabetic? Does that hurt your more than it helps (again not too sure about this with your medical condition). I cant imagine its not the best thing for protein synthesis (after reading a lot of laynes research etc.)

Why do you feel the 24 hour fasts benefit you on your prep especially being Type I Diabetic? Does that hurt your more than it helps (again not too sure about this with your medical condition). I cant imagine its not the best thing for protein synthesis (after reading a lot of laynes research etc.)
    Never done it when prep. I do find when insulin resistance start acting up a fast idk resets everything. my blood sugars are perfect all day! I have only done it like 2 or 3 times. Got big news coming up in a second.....

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

Talking

MEET MY NEW COACH! IFBB PRO SHELBY STARNES!

I will be under Shelby's guidance for the next 20 weeks! Training Mountain Dog Style and eating Shelby Style!

Been researching a large number of coaches, I have been following Shelby for years, he has experience with Type 1 Diabetics. He does cost a bit more than say someone like Jason (Scooby) but I know the money spent will lead to great results as long as I bust ass and stay disciplined with the diet

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

Got the baseline diet from Shelby today. Going to be seeing how I react before we start making changes. Can't wait to get started!!!

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

Thats who the owner of my gym used when he won Mr. Pittsburgh and took 2nd at Jr USA's in South Carolina. You are in good hands!

Thats who the owner of my gym used when he won Mr. Pittsburgh and took 2nd at Jr USA's in South Carolina. You are in good hands!
    Yea SUPER excited!

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

[center]

Well, had to change basal insulin schedule, so blood sugars were a bit wacky today...body will adjust soon enough

Today started "PHASE 2" of Mountain Dog Training. This is when the volume starts increasing big time!

Prone Leg Curls:
    90 x 15
    105 x 12
    120 x 10
    70 x 35...retarded pump

Leg Press with 3 Second Negative:
    8 Plates x 10
    10 Plaes + 10lbs x 10

Continuous Tension Leg Press:
    10 Plates x 10 Reps
    Was supposed to get 16, but pump was too much

Hack Squats: DEEP, Constant Tension
    90 x 8
    150 x 8
    90 x 8 TOO LIGHT
    Go down to bottom, pause for a few seconds, explode up and repeat

*1 Min Quad Stretch*

Smith ATG Squats:
    135 x 8
    225 x 8
    155 x 8 1.5 Reps
    Go to bottom, go up half way, back down, explode up, no locking out, that is 1 rep
    I could have gone heavier on these...still brutal

*1 Min Quad Stretch*

DB SLDL:
    45 x 12
    60 x 12
    75 x 12
    105 x 12

Seated Calve Raise SUPERSET W/ Dorsiflexion:
    45 x 10 w/ 50 Dorsi
    90 x 10 w/ 50 Dorsi
    135 x 10 w/ 50 Dorsi
    180 x 10 w/ 30 Dorsi
    205 x 10 + 20 partials w/ 20 Dorsi

Hot damn, BAD day to forget my Aminocore...gonna be sore lol. Good workout, sweat my ass off. This is just a preview, more sets, more reps, more intensity coming up each week for 4 more weeks!

First day on Shelby's diet was good. Easy to eat, we are just seeing how I react at the moment.

Cardio tomorrow morning, then Chest and Delts tomorrow after work! CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Wait wait wait...

Leg Press with 3 sec negative. Is that 10 plates total, or per side? I had to clarify cuz i nearly shat myself when I read it lol.

Kudos on getting hooked up with a coach who knows how to handle your case. That certainly is money well spent.
    "The code of Bushido is harsh and relentless."

Olympic Lifting Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158765663

grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grahulino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    how do you strech quad?

Originally Posted by grahulino View Post
    how do you strech quad?

holding that for a full min is brutal. Youtube DC Training Quad Stretch, there is probably a video somewhere

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

Originally Posted by TakedaShingen View Post
    Wait wait wait...

Leg Press with 3 sec negative. Is that 10 plates total, or per side? I had to clarify cuz i nearly shat myself when I read it lol.

Kudos on getting hooked up with a coach who knows how to handle your case. That certainly is money well spent.
    10 Plates total. I have done 20 plates for 12 before breaking my ankle, not with a 3 second negative though. The slow negative makes a big difference

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by xStevenx View Post
    10 Plates total. I have done 20 plates for 12 before breaking my ankle, not with a 3 second negative though. The slow negative makes a big difference
    That's what I was saying. I was like, "Damn, I knew the kid was strong, but fuuuuuuuuuuuk."

10 plates with a negative is still monstrous. That's a pump and a half right there!

I was gonna pay the $10 for Meadows' site. Is it worth a look? Just tryin to get better.
    "The code of Bushido is harsh and relentless."

Olympic Lifting Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158765663

Originally Posted by TakedaShingen View Post
    That's what I was saying. I was like, "Damn, I knew the kid was strong, but fuuuuuuuuuuuk."

10 plates with a negative is still monstrous. That's a pump and a half right there!

I was gonna pay the $10 for Meadows' site. Is it worth a look? Just tryin to get better.
    Made a mistake above...this was in 2009 I hit 20 plates for 15, almost 16 reps

of course i am a lot stronger now, so who knows what i could press it for

and John's site is so worth the money

you get:
    -Interviews
    -Workouts
    -Videos
    -Client programs and updates
    -Diet info
    -Q&A With John

so cheap
    Last edited by xStevenx; 02-05-2013 at 05:27 PM.

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

Well started out this AM 20mins on the treadmill. 3.3 to 3.5MPH at an incline of 9.

After work smashed chest and delts. One of the most intense pumps I have ever had.

I had to change some exercises and order of them today because the gym was busy

Flat DB Twist Press: Twist pinkies in every 3rd rep
    45 x 12
    60 x 12
    70 x 12

Decline Smith Bench:
    135 x 25....chest here was insanely pumped
    155 x 20
    195 x 10
    195 x 19 DROP 145 x 12 DROP AND WIDEN GRIP 95 x 20

P P P P P UMMMPPPED!

Dead Incline Smith Press:
    Each rep is started from a dead stop on the safteys
    95 x 8...toooo light
    135 x 8
    185 x 7...hit failure
    135 x 8

Pec Minor Dip on Hammer Strength seated Dip:
    [i]Was supposed to use parallel bars, but they were being used
    180 x 16

Over & Backs:

Front to back and back to front is one rep
    60 x 12
    65 x 12 Failure
    60 x 8 Failure

Pump got in the way

Cable Rear Delts with 2 second squeeze: Varying postitions
    10 x 20 + 5 Partials for 4 Sets

Six Ways:

My delts were so pumped already...you will laugh at the weights used lol
    5 x 10...failure lol
    3 x 10
    3 x 10
    3 x 10 with a 15 second hold at the sides on last rep...failure

3lb laterals! What now bitch!?

Then hit up abs.

Loving the increase in volume! Off tomorrow

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

Well, had a few low blood sugars today...body is getting used to the new insulin schedule. So I will now start trimming back the dose.

Gotta leave mad early tomorrow for an appointment, but will be killing back tomorrow evening. Goal is to wake up Friday morning feeling like my back was hit by a tractor trailer!

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

I know how shelby usually does his diets, he making you start low-carb i assume?

I know how shelby usually does his diets, he making you start low-carb i assume?
    Yea, just trying to find a base to start with now. Seeing how my body reacts before we start adding in high/medium/low days

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

Well, this AM was 20 mins on the treadmill.

Workout today after work was BACK AND TRAPS!

1 Arm Cable Rows: with full stretch and 2 second squeeze
    85 x 8 per side
    100 x 8 per side

Two Arm DB Row:
    70 x 8
    70 x 8

Stretchers:
    90 x 12
    105 x 12

Pulldowns with partials:
    Used a hammer grip bar, with a side grip
    KEPT FORM REAL STRICT
    100 x 8 + 4 Partials
    115 x 8 + 4 Partials
    145 x 8 + 10 Partials

Cybex Dual Axis Row:
    Did not like this machine at all...
    110 x 10

Rotary Upper Back Row:
    Kind of weird...
    85 x 10
    115 x 10

DB Shrug: - With 1 - 2 second squeeze at top with a full stretch
    100 x 12
    150 x 12...was losing grip around rep 9, so just pounded the last three as regular reps

Hyperextensions:
    25 x 12 DROP BW x 5
    20 x 12 DROP BW x 5
    BW x 25

hurt so bad. Really squeezed hard as I could each rep

Donkey Calve Raises: NO REST. Did the calves, then dorsiflexion and back to calves and repeated for 3 sets
    Did 10 Reps, then held the contraction for 10 seconds, and repeated that two more times for one set
    200 x 30 reps, with 30 Sec hold + 50 Dorsiflexsion

Holy pump, I could barely move!

Arms tomorrow, Can't wait!

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

[center]

Well body has adapted to the diet, I started lowing my insulin today. Had a good number of low sugars today.

Trained arms this evening.

Reverse Cable Curls: with 10 seconds rest between sets
    50 x 10
    50 x 10
    50 x 10
    50 x 10

Reverse Grip Pushdowns: with 10 seconds rest between sets
    70 x 10
    70 x 10
    70 x 10
    70 x 12

Machine Preacher Curl:
    45 x 12
    65 x 9

Machine Dips: with 3 second negative
    90 x 8
    180 x 8
    225 x 8
    270 x 6 (regular reps)

Incline Concentration Curls:
    20 x 8
    30 second stretch
    30 x 8
    30 second stretch

L Extensions:
    RIGHT ARM: Set 1: 15 x 15 Set 2: 25 x 10 + 5 Assisted Reps
    LEFT ARM: Set 1: 15 x 15 Set 2: 25 x 10 + 5 Assisted Reps

Seated DB Curls: with 3 second negative
    20 x 8
    30 x 8

EZ Close Grip Chin Press:
    Kind of like a CGBP and skull crusher hybrid, bringing bar to chin
    80 x 8
    90 x 8

Then did abs

Wicked pump today. Off tomorrow, just some cardio in the morning.

Heading down to my grass fed beef farmer tomorrow and stocking up!

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

So much damn snow! After getting the truck clear I headed to gym

As I type now I am sweating bullets on the stepmill

Had a very low blood sugar yesterday. Ate 200g carb with out any insulin last night. But sugar was still low...almost had to go to hospital.

So lowered insulin even further today. Constant adjustments....PAIN IN MY ASSSSS

but I gotta do it if I want to get on stage.

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

Shelby suggest that which almost took you to the hopsital?

Shelby suggest that which almost took you to the hopsital?
    No it is not the diet. It is insulin sensetivity. I am eating more carbs on his diet than I was before.

I have just become more sensetive, so I need to lower my doses

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

Well after Week 1 with Shelby, I am down 2.2lbs. Kind of shocked, because I feel that my cals are much higher than I am used to. I haven't calculated it all out. Shelby is a macro guy, not so much cals.

I am just having in faith in his advice, and so far, so good

I called Mike Jirovec, he is a type 1 Diabetic NPC Competitor

Insane that he can get in that kind of shape with diabetes. So we talked about about insulin, stuff to watch out for during prep. Cool to have him on my team now too.

So I think, I will have my insulin level set within 3 days. I am changing 1 unit at a time, so we will see. Getting closer!

Off tomorrow, gotta rest up for 17 Intense sets of LEG THRASH tomorrow!

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

Well cardio this AM was good. Blood sugars have been great so far today! Getting closer to that right dose!

5.5 more hours and it is time to rip every fiber in the quads, hams, and calves. EVERY FIBER!

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

[center]

Well today was...

LEG DAY!!!!

Seated Leg Curls:
    no I am really starting to hate the seated leg curls at the gym. The pad on the thighs is not soft...crushes the quads, hurts real bad. But gotta man up and deal with it I guess
    120 x 15
    130 x 12
    140 x 10
    150 x 7 DROP 120 x 10 ADD 140 x 15 partials

I freaking love the partials for hammies!

Squats:
    225 x 10
    315 x 8
    275 x 12

Leg Extensions:
    90 x 12
    130 x 12
    130 x 13 + 5 Partials

Little rest between sets.

Hack Squats:
    140 x 8
    180 x 8
    140 x 8 1.5 Reps

those sucked so bad

*1 Min Quad Stretch*

Ham Killers:

4 sets of 8
    Last set was close to failure, made each set harder with longer negatives, less use of bar, and longer squeeze

when those were done hams were insanley pump...so were the glutes. Felt like I had balloons in my ass cheeks lol

Standing Calves supersetted with Dorsiflexions:
    280 x 10 + 50 Dorsi
    300 x 10 + 50 Dorsi
    310 x 10 + 50 Dorsi
    320 x 10 + 50 Dorsi
    NO REST, SET AFTER SET UNTIL ALL 4 WERE COMPLETE!

Blood sugars were great today. I am going to stick with the dosing scheme I am using for the week and see how it works.

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.